Start by marking “Three Wells of the Sea” as Want to Read:
Three Wells of the Sea

Three Wells of the Sea

(Three Wells of the Sea #1)

Our world and the Five Quarters are shadows of one another, joined by death and three wells of the sea. . .

When Nechtan, warrior king of the Five Quarters is murdered, he leaves his land on the brink of civil war. His closest adviser, the druid Lyleth, has a price on her head and the evidence to condemn the real killer. Seeking to unify the land, she strikes a bargain with
Published January 16th 2016 by Lost Grove Press

To ask other readers questions about Three Wells of the Sea, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Three Wells of the Sea

Carol
May 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Three wells of the sea by Terry Madden - I received this free eBook from the site storycartel.com .This book exceeded my expectations at a whopping 437 pages I was shocked at how long it was .With most eBooks I have read they have been 200 pages or less but I loved this book none the less . I was supremely happy with how this book turned out it satisfied my need for adventure fantasy folk lore fiction and romance .

Genre: fiction ,fantasy
SOME SPOILERS!!!!!!

About ;Conner is a troubled boy who att
Mike
Apr 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
An old-school portal fantasy, harking back to the roots of all portal fantasy, as introduced by George MacDonald: the Celtic Otherworld. I don't usually read portal stories or Celtic fantasy any more, but this was a good one.

There are two protagonists, one in each world, and both of them are focussed on the same man in two versions. A rebellious schoolboy in our world's California knows the man as his teacher and mentor; to a druid in the Otherworld, he is the king to whom she is bound. Life and
Zippergirl
Apr 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, reviewed
Dig your teeth into this two-world fantasy and feel the gristle. It's the real thing.

"The Bear comes for the throne of the Five Quarters. I'm here to stop him." And so it begins. Hugh Cavendish, a boarding-school English teacher slips from one world to the next, to take back his life, his throne and his soul companion. He is truly neither here nor there, and his loss leaves Connor, his student ward, scrambling to discover the truth of his passage through the well of the moon's flood tide. The tw
Michele Rice Carpenter
Three Wells of the Sea is about two different worlds that are connected by wells. When King Nechtan died in one world, he lives in another in the teacher, Mr. Cavendish, a.k.a. - "Dish". Nechtan's solas, Lyleth uses magic to draw Nechtan's soul back through the well and into a body that was once a bird of prey. This leaves Dish in a coma.
Troubled student, Connor, saw Dish get drawn through the well and a tattoo appear on his arm. The second time Dish was drawn through, he went into the coma. Co
Chris Meads
I picked this book to read from Story Cartel and I'm glad I did. I'm a big fan of fantasy and have read the books of Stephan Donaldson and this one is similar. Two different worlds where humans are different, such as Hugh and Nechtan--same person, different worlds.

Terry Madden has written a wonderful story here and does quite well when changing worlds. I didn't lose my place where she left off with one and remembered what was going on in the other, Not many writers can pull that off. The only th
Kathleen Huber
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very engaging read - the storyline is well thought out and although the plot is complex at times, the writing makes it easy enough to still understand everything that is going on. I enjoyed the way the story was able to seamlessly jump in between worlds as well as the fact that the plot stayed interesting to the end - my predictions kept being wrong! I am definitely keeping my eyes out for the next book!
Nicholas
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars
This probably the longest it ever took me to read a book. It wasn't a slow moving book in the least. Just not a lot of time was dedicated to reading the past few months. This was a great fantasy novel. I liked the passing between the real world and fantasy worlds. Great characters and not predictable in the least. I will look forward to the next release in the series.
C Dove
Jul 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thoughtful and well written. A truly different approach to an "afterlife". Characters have all the foibles and nobility, high purpose and driving needs of real people. Lyl is truly driven and Nechtan is of great honor to correct the problems he created (karma ) fulfilled.
D.
May 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
I just loved it. Has a touch of Thomas Covenant - White gold Wielder in there somewhere, without the angst of Thomas Covenant. Will be looking out for Book two.
Thank you to Story Cartel for their free download File for Review.
Samantha Avaritt
Mystical & Enchanting, hard to stop

It is a book of that takes you to a magical place, one full of wonder & mythology. Only this is, some of the story is confusing to follow, almost as though this was a sequel.. but overall I loved it !
Jesenia Sanabia
May 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book! Very well written! Very Imaginative! The author did a great job helping the readers understand the complexity of the story! I look forward to reading book two!
Ronda
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
couldn't stop reading the story was exciting and kept you engaged in it waiting for the story to unfold what the characters were doing next ;
Amanda Whitten
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very nice book

I liked this book. It was well written and believable. Not sure why others would say it wasn't. It does go slow, but not in a way that bothered me. I didnt even notice til about halfway through. Its at a great pace for a series that needs a good foundation.
Guenevere Lee
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This novel was a really exciting find for me. I was expecting just a regular fantasy novel, and was pleasantly surprised when it did not begin in a typical European fantasy setting (though it does end up there), but rather in a modern one. The book goes back and forth between these two worlds much as the characters do. Madden has blended Celtic mythology with her own imagination to create a comprehensive and interesting world.

By far I was the most impressed by the characters. When we are introdu
Carol March
Jul 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an interesting fantasy tale that combines a modern story of a young boy traumatized by the death of his brother and his relationship with a caring teacher at his private school, with a high fantasy tale of another world where political complex intrigue is the name of the game. The modern characters uncover ancient portals to the other world and the story moves back and forth with the actions in each world affecting outcomes in the other. I became very engaged with the modern characters t ...more
Cindy
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic characters in a grand adventure with a bittersweet love story at its core ... this is everything that reminded me of why I loved reading epic fantasy as a kid. Also loved the dual world structure and how it all tied together. Beautiful writing and imagery throughout.
Joy
This was a decent story. The basic plot of murder to gain a throne and a man who'd rather not be king and get to marry his true love isn't orginal. The other world theme with a doorway to this magic realm isn't either.

The writing is very well crafted. The characters seen real and the switches from magic realm to mundane is a good ploy to keep up interest.

The author doesn't over do the Druid magic and you only encounter the "Old Blood" enough to peak your interest. Book two seems to be devoted to
Alissa Chandler
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story

I don't rarely give 5 star ratings, however this story deserves all 5 stars for story originality, fleshed out characters, plot and ending..
So many stories now are just rehashed of the same muddled messes while this publication is fresh and intriguing.
I love the world's that were created by the author, the original concepts of death, rebirth and transcendence.the characters are fleshed out and you love them or hate them appropriately....
I am buying the next book and any other
Tilgunas
Jun 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful book! I was hooked from the start, and was intrigued by the two worlds. It was hard to put down. I can't wait for part two...and I downloaded the prequel The Wood, I'm looking forward to reading that!
L.D. Colter
When I read Tigana by Guy Gavriel Kay not long ago, I was thrilled to find an adult epic fantasy I could sink my teeth into. Now I've found another. Three Wells of the Sea surprised me for not only the smooth writing, but with a story for adults that has depth of character and complexity of plot. The combination of real world and secondary world works with solid reasons and ways for connecting the two. The first book wraps up the plot elements but leaves ample room for the sequel coming next. I' ...more
Alan Maulhardt
Nov 15, 2016
T.J. Burns
Nov 28, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy-sci-fi, ng, 2016
I received a copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Tabitha
Jul 25, 2018
A.S. Thomsen
Dec 08, 2017
Alexia
rated it did not like it
Nov 04, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sci-fi and Heroic...: Three Wells of the Sea 4 17 Feb 06, 2016 03:17PM
  • L. Ron Hubbard Presents Writers of the Future Volume 30
  • Island of the Mighty
  • The Emotional Craft of Fiction: How to Write with Emotional Power, Develop Achingly Real Characters, Move Your Readers, and Create Riveting Moral Stakes
  • Yerdeniz
  • The Bull from the Sea (Theseus, #2)
  • A Borrowed Hell
  • At Play in the Fields of the Lord
  • Biocentrism: How Life and Consciousness Are the Keys to Understanding the True Nature of the Universe
  • My Story Can Beat Up Your Story: Ten Ways to Toughen Up Your Screenplay from Opening Hook to Knockout Punch
  • Mary Stewart's Merlin Trilogy (Arthurian Saga, #1-3)
  • Beggars in Spain
  • Last Call (Fault Lines, #1)
  • The Fantasy Fiction Formula
  • The Five Daughters of the Moon (The Waning Moon, #1)
  • Steal the Sky (Scorched Continent, #1)
  • Goodreads for Authors
  • The Black River Chronicles: Level One (Black River Academy #1)
  • Scapegoat (The Dunbarton Mysteries Series, #4)
Terry is the author of the fantasy series Three Wells of the Sea. She has won top awards for both fiction and screenwriting. Her subjects range from historical to science fiction and fantasy and she's as fascinated by the warfare tactics of the Celts as she is by orbiting space telescopes. Terry has worked in molecular biology and genetic research labs and currently teaches high school chemistry a ...more

Three Wells of the Sea (2 books)
  • The Salamander's Smile (Three Wells of the Sea #2)