Start by marking “Captain Marvel #1” as Want to Read:
Captain Marvel #1

Captain Marvel #1

(Captain Marvel (2016) (Single Issues) #1)

Face front, true believers! The Captain has made her return and oh, how mighty it is. It's a bold new frontier for Carol Danvers as she soars to new heights in her greatest mission yet—leader of the all-new Alpha Flight space program. Yup, Alpha Flight. As earth's first line of defense, Carol and her team aim to protect the planet from extraterrestrial threats. But can Car ...more
Published by Marvel (first published January 20th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Captain Marvel #1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Captain Marvel #1

Terence
Mar 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Captain Marvel has accepted a 2 year stint as Commander of the Alpha Flight Space Station. Everyone seems to be wondering if she'll like it or not.
description

So Captain Marvel's current title is definitely a mashup. It feels like Marvel's version of Star Trek Deep Space Nine. Alpha Flight Space Station is a critical structure that defends Earth from any incoming troubles much like the SWORD space station before it. I wondered why they named the space station Alpha Flight seeing as Marvel has a team known a
Chinook
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
That was fun! I don't normally read comics until they've been collected into trades, but for some reason this single issue is all my library has on Overdrive right now. I'm glad I read it though because I'm now super excited to get the rest. And I love the old fashioned look of the art.
The Sapphic Nerd
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Pretty darn good! I was worried not having Kelly Sue DeConnick at the helm would mean the quality of character would go down, but I still love Carol Danvers here! She maintains that same core Carol-ness (thank goodness). The art is lovely and our hero looks as badass as ever. I'm looking forward to more!
Amber
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
She's back!! Yes!!!

And teaming with that one team out in the 'verse that's not getting any love. Oh yes, Alpha Flight. (But where's Northstar??)

For those that thought the space storylines were a phase, I'm sorry-but-not-sorry to confirm Marvel in Space is totally going to be a thing. Maybe it has to do with GOTG, maybe it'll tie in with the movies or the next big event. Whatever happens, it's awesome as hell.

It's good to see you, Captain.
Mandy
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was nervous about how a non-Kelly Sue-written Carol book was going to be, but I'm happy to report that Captain Marvel is back and better than ever.
Mans Subbayen
Jan 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good read. I have never read a Captain Marvel from a long time (Since maybe middle school), it was great to get to know Carol Danvers again. I can't wait for the next issue.
Geppis Baltimore
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Looking forward to seeing where this series goes!
Alistair Baptista
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was ok
Ahead of the eponymous upcoming film, Marvel has bolstered its support for one of its strongest female characters with the relaunch of the Captain Marvel comic book. As a comic book giant, it’s done it bit of creating hype for the new film, with UFC superstar Ronda Rousey even expressing a desire to play the lead character. But would Ronda still feel the same after reading the new comic book series?

At the time of this writing, human society hasn’t quite reached its pinnacle despite all the leaps
Lauren
Jan 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
The newest writing duo (Butters and Fazekas) to take on Captain Marvel make a very good start, but what else is to be expected from the minds behind ABC's Agent Carter? These ladies had no trouble bringing the same quality they bring to the TV screen to comic book pages. As expected of a first issue, #1 primarily serves to set us up for a larger story that will unfold in future issues. I look forward to seeing what those future issues bring.

Anka and Wilson's artwork is vibrant and electric, add
Julia
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 rounded up to 5 stars because I'm super biased. Cosmic Marvel is not my thing and I was really hoping Carol would go back to Earth for good after the last volume, but I'm excited she's working with Alpha Flight. Seeing her interact with Aurora and Abigail Brand on a regular basis is going to be pretty awesome. She and Brand are bound to butt heads a lot over Carol refusing to stay out of the action.

Not sure how I feel about the writing just yet, but I love Kris Anka's art so much and Matt Wi
Jarika
Mar 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Not as strong as the KSDC versions to me, probably because it's starting a new phase. I liked it a lot though, and I'm really looking forward to the rest. It's hard to rate something that is incomplete, but I know that every work should be able to stand alone. Unfortunately for me, this piece is taking a while to come together into greatness. I still liked it for its humor, its character building (slow build), and its ambitiousness. I think these creators have something special, and I can't wait ...more
Aurelie
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm not very familiar with Captain Marvel, well, beyond the name, I'm pretty much new to her entirely. This first issue was a perfect first issue. The dialogue is fresh, the art is wonderful, colorful and clean. The story and the characters have a balance that caught my attention until I was surprised at how quickly I'd flipped the pages. Great read, I'm in.
Marisa Carpico
Feb 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Interesting start. My first foray into the character so I'll give it another issue. Fun cast of characters–especially Puck–and a really nice cliffhanger. Wish Anka's art were a bit more interesting though.
Stacy
Jan 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-for-work
A great first issue. I have had some customers upset at how Alpha Flight is utilized but I like the inclusion so far. Our protagonist is likable without the feeling of forced pandering to readers. The art is sweet. I want to read more!
Patrice Sartor
Captain Marvel kicks ass, and I like that in a female comic book character. Seeing Rocket from the Guardians within these pages was a bonus too. The artwork is fine, but the storyline didn't draw me in; I guess I prefer my space romps in movie format.
Byron Brown
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This might be the best take of the Carol Danvers character ever. I can't wait for issue two.
Rainey
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
With new writers and no Kelly Sue, I was apprehensive to say the least. Fortunately, Butters and Fazekas have taken the helm and nailed the Captain's personality! Love this first issue.
Belinda Missen
Jul 03, 2016 rated it liked it
I liked this one, it just didn't quite grab me. I'll give it a few issues, though. Maybe it's something I need to warm up to.

Captain Marvel looks like Elizabeth Debicki. Or Brienne of Tarth.
Izabel
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you ever wondered what it would be like for Captain Marvel to lead the Starship Enterprise, this is as close as you'll ever get <3 <3 <3
Melissa
Very excited for this new run. Captain Marvel is awesome.
Amanda Urquiza
Mar 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Beautiful artwork, and well written. What a great story! I can't wait to read the next issues.
AJ
Jan 23, 2016
Tony Stark
Aug 30, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

Captain Marvel (2016) (Single Issues) (10 books)
  • Captain Marvel #2