Start by marking “Choice of Enemies: A Nathan Monsarrat Thriller” as Want to Read:
Choice of Enemies: A Nathan Monsarrat Thriller

Choice of Enemies: A Nathan Monsarrat Thriller

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  8 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
THE FIRST NATHAN MONSARRAT THRILLER

A tale of greed, betrayal, and vengeance, CHOICE OF ENEMIES is the first in a series of espionage novels featuring Nathan Monsarrat, a retired Central Intelligence Agency deep cover operative with an extensive knowledge of black gold and expertise in weapons, women, and Benjamins.

Light sweet crude is the mother's milk of the Niger Delta.
Published January 10th 2016 by Sunbury Press, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Choice of Enemies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Choice of Enemies

Angelica Lichtnerova
Feb 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
I had never heard of M.A. Richards beforeI got the chance to read this book. I am happy I got the chance to read something from a new author and this book is very good and interesting with a very well developed story. The story drags you in and it is easy to follow the story and what is happening in the book.

Even if the book is good, I have a feeling that something is missing and I have been thinking about it for a few days and I think what I miss in the story is that little extra that you get f
Y. H.
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I adore this book! M. A. Richards is a first-time author, but I rank CHOICE OF ENEMIES with the best novels of Martin Cruz Smith and Daniel Silva. The novel is written with passion, excitement, and knowledge – Richards certainly knows the dirty world of government and espionage. His pacing is taut, and his language is a joy to read. His sense of location is superb; I smelled the stench of oil in the Delta and felt the heat of the desert in Namibia. Most importantly, Nathan Monsarrat is one of th ...more
Cathy Gibson
Jan 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good first effort from a new author. The action reminds me of the The Rogue Warrior series but with the added twist of betrayal from Monsarrat's former CIA employer. Book is full of geographical descriptions that could only come from someone who has actually been there and gives added realism to the story telling. Once I started the book I kept turning the pages to find out what happens next. I look forward to the next addition in the series.
R. Michael Phillips
Feb 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
An oil rig off the coast of Africa, pirates, a couple of rebels named Innocence and Blessed, and the worst prison any real or fictional person could ever imagine. This is the way M. A. Richards introduces us to Nathan Monsarrat, a top CIA operative, and his protagonist in Choice Of Enemies.

Richards gets right down into the dirt from the first page. Nathan Monsarrat endures months of horrid conditions and treatment in an African prison, barely cheating death with the help of a kind Filipina nurse
Ellen Taylor
MA Richards’ novel, Choice of Enemies, is a great read. The topic is timely and the flow of the narrative is both enjoyable and complex. The author brings a lot of knowledge to the story since he was with the Department of State and learned about foreign countries and their way of doing business. Richards moves the story along quickly but with detail so that the reader can understand the patterns of the parties.
Mark Grossman
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A very impressive debut from M.A. Richards. The book is well paced, full of intrigue, betrayal, suspense and sharp dialogue. The author knows his characters well and the places they visit. The detail is impressive. Richards' words paint vivid pictures of the people and places they inhabit. One specific scene toward the end of the book continues to linger in me. Looking forward to more adventures of Nathan Monsarrat.
Dennise Cardin
I was a recipient of a good reads give away on this book and what a lucky girl I am. This book draws you in from the beginning, is fast paced, knowledgeable, and informative. I would recommend reading this thriller.
Heather Flaigg
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-reads
I received this as a goodreads giveaway..

Good book from a new author. Time was perfect I just felt there was a little missing
M.A. Richards
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
David Askanase
  • The Devil's Graveyards
  • A Pickpocket's Tale
  • Mysterious Fragrance of the Yellow Mountains
  • Scenes from a Life
  • The Founders (Sage Seed Chronicles, #1)
  • Strife Of The Mighty: Book One Of The Chronicles Of Vrandalin (The Læl Chronicles, #1)
  • The Other Side of the River: Stories of Women, Water and the World
  • The Holiday Murders
  • And Then There Were Three: Sixty-Seven Letters to Sasha
  • A Hero
  • Coping with Your Difficult Older Parent: A Guide for Stressed Out Children
  • Chickenhawk
  • Alphas Unleashed
  • The Eagle and the Tiger
  • No Going Back (Mystery Angel Romances,#1)
Born in Lowell, Massachusetts, M. A. Richards received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Theater Studies from Connecticut College and his Master of Arts degree in English from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst.

During a career as a Cultural Attaché in the Department of State that spanned more than two decades, he served in Baghdad, Jerusalem, Lagos, Moscow, Seoul, Tel Aviv, and Washington, D.
More about M.A. Richards...
“Understand your enemy, his strengths, his weaknesses, and, most of all, his motivations.” 0 likes