Start by marking “And It's Goodnight From Him: The Autobiography Of The Two Ronnies” as Want to Read:

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  161 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
, 322 pages with black and white and colour photographic plates, SIGNED and DEDICATED by Ronnie Corbett on the title page
Published October 5th 2006 by Michael Joseph Ltd

To ask other readers questions about And It's Goodnight From Him, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about And It's Goodnight From Him

Leo .
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Comic royalty. A lot of people in the UK rated Morcombe and Wise as the greatest comic duo. I have to disagree. These two were by far the best in my opinion. Classic comedy. Ronnie Barker was a genius.🐯👍
Bettie☯

play
R4
spring 2013
pub 2007

BBC BLURB: Goodnight From Him tells the story of Ronnie Corbett and Ronnie Barker from their beginnings in cabaret and repertory theatre, via their first meeting at the bar of the Buckstone Club in 1963 and being chosen by David Frost for his new show The Frost Report (alongside John Cleese), to getting their own Saturday night BBC1 series The Two Ronnies in 1971. The show ran for an extraordinary sixteen
Danièle
Dec 31, 2015 rated it liked it
Well this was all very nice. Exactly what you would expect from an autobiography of the Two Ronnies. It was nice. It was very English, and comforting, like a nice cup of tea. You know, nice.
It reads like one of Corbett's monologues. He does tend to waffle, go off on one, and occasionally fail to come back to the point altogether. Quite charming, I suppose, but I found it a little trying over the course of a whole book.
I did find the genuine warmth of friendship that came through very touching, a
Tim Worley live
An enchanting and warm look back over the career of an amazing double act of comedy. I had read a lot of the stories about Ronnie Barker in a previous book, but this was told from Ronnie Corbett's perspective. Corbett really opens up about the work ethic and character of his work partner. Their comedy defined a generation and Ronnie C is very generous in talking about who was the most creative. When you have Spike Milligan, John Cleese and David Frost to work with its no wonder The Two Ronnies a ...more
Dave Sanderson
An easy but rather slight read. It was very RC, you can almost hear him telling you the tale from his famous chair. Rather too much reliance on quoting verbatim from known sketches but otherwise a lovely book from the big man. His love for his friend clearly shines through and it was very touching towards the end. As someone else said, a nice read. If you're expecting him to dish the dirt don't bother there's none to be had and doesn't that make a nice change.
Julie Kendrick
Jan 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
One of the best books I've ever read. I loved Ronnie Barker and to read this book written by Ronnie Corbett was very emotional for me. Corbett wrote this book from the heart, not taking any credit for sketches or skits that he did not write and with such obvious affection for Barker that this really does make for an emotional read.

Needless to say I was crying by the end and this book has pride of place on my bookcase. God help anyone who touches it.
Cait
Dec 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Really nice book. Like the way it was written with no focus on scandal or disagreements. Corbett seemed to blame himself for any problems.

Very sensitive to the memory of Ronnie Barker, particularly in the final chapters.

Liked the inclusion of extracts from the shows and sketches. Especially good read after watching the complete TV series on DVD. I also liked all of the photos.
Jason Duncan
Such an easy read of how The Two Ronnies came to be the highlight of many peoples Saturday night T.V. viewing. As expected there are humerous stories to be found through their 16 year collaberation - Ronnie Corbett has entertained us with the behind-the-scenes happenings and a superb tribute to his close friend Ronnie Barker.
Derelict Space Sheep
42 WORD REVIEW:

Written not long after Ronnie Barker’s death in 2005, Ronnie Corbett’s singlehanded autobiography (for two!) forms a touching tribute to his departed friend and a companionable stroll down memory lane. Self-effacing yet reverent, Corbett evokes gentle nostalgia for British comedy’s bygone era.
David
Mar 31, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Found this an enjoyable book, the story of how Ronnie C and Ronnie B came together was interesting. The middle section of the book was somewhat weaker and felt more like a list of shows and already well known sketches. The end of the book was touching and showed what a great friendship they had. Enjoyable overall and glad I read it.
  • Parky: My Autobiography
  • Deconstructing Sammy: Music, Money, Madness, and the Mob
  • Memoirs Of An Unfit Mother
  • Can't You Hear Me Calling: The Life Of Bill Monroe, Father Of Bluegrass
  • Bright Lights Dark Shadows: The Real Story of Abba
  • Don't You Know Who I Am?
  • Good Night and Good Riddance: How Thirty-Five Years of John Peel Helped to Shape Modern Life
  • Monash: The Outsider Who Won a War
  • The Bishop's Boys: A Life of Wilbur and Orville Wright
  • Howling at the Moon: The Odyssey of a Monstrous Music Mogul in an Age of Excess
  • Cole Porter
  • Always Magic in the Air: The Bomp and Brilliance of the Brill Building Era
  • Fela: This Bitch of a Life
  • The Ballad of Les Darcy
Ronald Balfour "Ronnie" Corbett, CBE was a Scottish actor and comedian who had a long association with Ronnie Barker in the television comedy series The Two Ronnies.
More about Ronnie Corbett...