Start by marking “Backstage Pass (The Back-Up Series)” as Want to Read:
Backstage Pass (The Back-Up Series)

Backstage Pass

(Back-Up)

**** From the bestselling author of The Back-Up Series ******

Sex and rock and roll are synonymous in Trey Taylor’s world. He lives the life of a rock star – ladies want him and men want to be him.

On stage, his bass playing skills can’t be matched.
Backstage his talents are legendary.

Enjoy your backstage pass to the debauchery known as Trey Taylor, and meet his band D
Published January 18th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Backstage Pass, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Backstage Pass

1 Star

What makes a short story complete in its own right? What validates it to be its own entity, apart from the whole? I don’t require that it, necessarily, tells an entire tale or that it has a cohesive beginning and end. I do, however, require it has some manner of range. This does not.

I’m sure for someone who has read the other books this is a nice little series of moments but it isn’t its own story. Not even in part. In fact, it doesn’t even start out trying to be so far as I can tell. Th
J. Kahele
Mar 17, 2016 rated it liked it
This was a small taste of the Back-Up series. I am looking forward to reading it.
Beneath The Covers Blog
Mar 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kelly, 2016-reads
A very short, yet sexy and steamy story about Trey Taylor! It has everything from humor, to no-holds-barred sex, to unconditional love. I just wish it was a little bit longer...cause I'll never get enough of Devil's Lair!

~Kelly
Amy Pedrick
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was ok
I can't believe I'm posting something other than glowing BUT...

I have been a huge fan of the Back-Up series and when I stumbled on this little novella I thought asking a dollar for 28 pages was pushing it, but after reading it, it was just insulting. It was one sex scene that I think came from an earlier book with a plug to garner interest by including the first two chapters from 'The Back-Up'. I'm not even sure that the novella was really 28 pages; I read it over two commercial breaks while wat
Kelly Emery (Beneath The Covers Blog)
Full review can be found at Beneath The Covers Blog!
--> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Becca
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Backstage Pass is a Devil’s Lair quickie that holds all the mischief and heat that I’ve come to love from A.M. Madden’s crazy crew. A.M. delivers more of reader-favorite Trey Taylor in this tasty little treat, sparking some serious nostalgia for the Back-Up Series. We get a fast rundown of how far Devil’s Lair has come since the band first began, the epic adventure their journey to the top has been, and the turbulent emotions Trey and the rest of the Devil’s Lair family have faced along the way. ...more
Becca
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Intro to the band

This is just a short story to give those who haven't read the series a glimpse of the band. Sold me. I'm off to buy the series.
T.
May 04, 2017 rated it liked it
I downloaded Backstage Pass as a free novella from Amazon. It was an okay read-- it's a novella (finished at 30 percent then had fillers), so readers can't expect a whole lot of depth, but Trey is a bit of a controlling, self-centered ass, so I didn't care for the character at all. Backstage Pass may appeal to some readers, but it wasn't my cup of tea.
Elizabeth
Feb 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: author-freebies
M’kay - this little bit of a story needs a major warning.
The story that is actually here is less than 1/3 of the kindle file. The rest is preview for the first book in the related series.
This is really just a scene of sexy time with friend time after. We never even learn The name of Trey’s love interest.
This is something that should only be read by someone following the series.
Krista Webster
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
This was starting to be a good insight into Trey when it suddenly finished at 30 % and continued with the first two chapters of the first book in the series. Left me wondering when this took place and who the girl was?
Veronica LaRoche
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I ABSOLUTLEY LOVE TREY TAYLOR. I love reading about Trey and of course Devil's Lair. The more the better when it comes to this series. I always laugh while reading about the guys. A.M Madden writes the best books ever and I'll always be a fan for life.
Lisa
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
😄

Quick short story. The rockstar life isn’t all he wants he wants more. And he sees her in the crowd.
Wanda
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
TREY

Too short of a story of how Trey spends an evening after a concert. (Only 30% of book). Other 70% are chapters 1 and 2 from the first book.
Tracey Zelukovic
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it
Roxanne
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
(The Back-Up) 4.5 Backstage Pass

A very short two chapters of behind the scenes with the band and the all important Trey Taylor and his wife.
Kelli Santistevan
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book.
B. C. Booklover
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Glorious Trey

This short little novella (free right now on Amazon, to be read after The Devil's Lair) features bad boy Trey Taylor, bass guitarist for Devil's Lair and until recently, a dark and mysterious dude with a closed book attitude that no one was getting to read. This is a quick but certainly worthy look into this sexy, alpha's mind from his POV as he ponders how finding his bandmates and then his soulmate has effectively changed his life for the better in so many ways.

This is the last bo
Stacy Jo
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Perfect Trey it's a short for a reason but do not read it before Backstage!
Nicole Anderson
Dec 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Quick and easy read but not sure that I'm a fan of Trey,the other characters seem more interesting
Debbie Collins
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a quickie of a treat starring Trey Taylor, bass player for the Devil's Lair band. For those who have read the series, this is quite a little treat that made me want to read the series again. For those who have not read the series, this little short story should be just enough to make you want to read more. I mean, how can you read this and not want to find out more about Hunter and his Froot Loops, Jack & Leila and the unmistakable bond between Leila & Trey. And Scott, let's not ...more
Karen Hrdlicka
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Always a treat to get more of A.M. Madden's Trey Taylor. If the reader has read the Back Up series, the story story is a nice glimpse at old friends. If the reader is new to Ms. Madden's series, it's just enough to want more of the Devil's Lair. Trey's story, Backstage, remains my favorite A.M. Madden book and the Back Up series is one of my favorites series in the indie world. Trey is just Trey: a talented, hot, sexy, bad boy molded by his past but not defined by it. In this story he shows his ...more
Tammy Huckabee
This is a short story to give you a glimpse of the REAL Trey Taylor. From a quickie romp in a backstage room after a concert, "undercover-coming", to Trey recalling the many jokes and pranks he has pulled on Hunter and Scott. When the chance to make a dream come true we learn the kind of man Trey Taylor really is.

Ms. Madden has left us with a smile on our faces, and a laugh in our hearts with this short story. Of course if you asked Trey he would totally take credit ;-) I love Devil's Lair!! An
Pauletta Baker
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great short story

This is a great, really short story. You get a taste of Devil's Lair way, behind stage. Trey has to work out his adrenaline rush to the crotch. He joins the band later in his obligatory meet after the gig and admits loving Lei, but doesn't understand how she got inside him. Hunter loves his girl but banters the best with Trey. Jack smirks and giggles with Leila on his lap. Scott, is Scott.

I enjoyed the short. Keeps your libido humming and smiles for your favorite group, Devil's
Jillian
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Trey......Enough Said!

Love this short little snippet of our beloved Trey. I love each member of Devil's Lair all their own and Trey's story is the most heart wrenching of all!
This little short story shows the great and humorous, sexy side of this bass playing front man.
Falling back into the first two chapters of Back-Up is like falling back to when I first read them and fell in love with the writing of this author.
Stephanie Allen
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!!!!

Any chance I can get more of the Devil's Lair, I'm happy! Trey Taylor is amazing as alwAys and I enjoyed his happy carefree spirit while reading this. AM Madden never fails to please! Haven't read any of the Back-up Series??? Don't waste another minute and get your copy!
Traci
Jan 25, 2016 added it
I absolutely love The Back Up Series and Trey is my all time favorite .... though I love all the boys. This was a great short story and a little piece of Trey's life with his girl and his band.
It was well written and I really loved it.
Thank you to the author for writing this
I absolutely recommend this series, its amazing
Sue Whiting
Feb 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh Trey!

Loved this little teaser, but now I want MORE! More of Trey and his band mates, and their families and followers!! Love this series--A.M. Madden never disappoints always giving you just enough to beg for an encore!! Luckily there are 4-1/2 more books in this series, so get on it!!
Becky Rendon
Jan 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
More, I need more

I hope the next book has this continued.

The Back-Up Series is tons of fun, plenty of drama, and pranks galore. It would make a great addition to any library. This is definitely a fun addition to the series. I hoped it was more novella than short story, but no (sigh). It is still a lot of fun and worth the read.

Enjoy...
Dotti Elrick
Feb 06, 2017 rated it liked it
I love The Back-Up series.
This is a very short snippet of Trey Taylor's story. Just a tease really, one scene. I definitely would not start with this one. You really need to read the other books to get the rest of his story.
Carol
Jan 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Backstage Pass

Enjoyed reading Trey's short story, just a reflection of the time with the group, his family( Devil's Lair), his new love! He has always been full of verbal banter, sexual innuendo, love him for that, great read.

• Aligned: Volume 1 (Aligned, #1)
  • Unbound by His Love (Unbound by His Love, #1)
  • Punk Rock Resurrection: Radical Rock Stars Book 3
  • First Kill
  • The Complete Stories of Theodore Sturgeon, Volume 4: Thunder and Roses
  • Ghost Dancer (A Modern Magics Story #3)
  • Cravings (Fierce Hearts #2)
  • Lex Talionis
  • The Life and Prayers of Saint Joan of Arc
  • Manage Me (Toven's Circus #1)
  • Rocked in Pieces (Rocked, #10)
  • Some of the Best from Tor.com: 2015
  • Three of a Kind: Tales of Luck, Chance & Misfortune
  • Bending Under Pressure
  • A Beck Valentine: A Beck Brothers Short
  • Force of Nature
  • The Billionaire's Fantasy: Part 1
  • Famed (Imperfect Love; Friendship, Texas #3.5)
USA Today BESTSELLING ROMANCE AUTHOR

A.M. Madden's romance debut is The Back-Up Series, consisting of Back-Up, Front & Center, and Encore.

A.M. Madden is a wife, a mother, an avid reader of romance novels and now an author. In Back-up she aspired to create a fun, sexy, realistic romantic story. She wanted to create characters that the reader could relate to and feel as if they knew personally.

A

Back-Up (8 books)
  • Back-Up (Back-Up, #1)
  • Front & Center (Back-Up, #2)
  • Encore (Back-Up, #3)
  • Backstage (Back-Up, #4)
  • The Devil's Lair (Back-Up, #4.5)
  • Sold Out (The Back-Up Series Book 5)
  • The Back-Up Series Box Set (Books 1-5)