Start by marking “Weeks and Days” as Want to Read:
Weeks and Days

Weeks and Days

Simple but powerful, Weeks and Days by S.E. Phinney combines straightforward narration, complex but relatable characters, and a moving storyline, creating a fresh, realistic portrayal of being a teenager.

On Valentine’s Day, Emily meets—then argues with, then promptly forgets—Stephen. But two weeks later, he shows up again, blunt, spontaneous, a spectacular complication in
Hardcover (ARC), ARC edition, 322 pages
Published March 2016 by Gosson Press

To ask other readers questions about Weeks and Days, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Weeks and Days
Patrick
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can't really review this without spoilers, but I don't like to put spoilers in my reviews. If you're a fan of John Green or Robyn Schneider I say give this book a read. The ending was a bit sudden I guess you could say but I enjoyed this.
Diana
Oct 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Full disclosure: the author is a coworker that I really like, so I was predisposed to like this. And I did like it. I just added it to a list I made of young adult books called Smart Kids, Real Challenges that contains books by John Green and Rainbow Rowell, and it's that kind of book. Smart, articulate young people having really interesting conversations as they go through some hard things and fall in love with each other. There's a lot of talking in this, and I liked that-- I liked how you nev ...more
Trinity
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this but wasn’t a huge fan of the sudden ending! I definitely suggest and think the novel was an amazing first book. Definitely got me a little emotional because Stephen was so incredibly lovable.
Abbey
Dec 04, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was good but it felt like I was reading a lot worse more graphic version of the fault in our stars.
Lindi
Jul 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, young-adult
The first novel by a Portland, Oregon writer, Weeks and Days has been compared to The Fault in Our Stars. Okay, it does have that thing going on, and Phinney very skillfully leaves a trail of breadcrumbs for the narrator and reader without giving away too much. Emily, the narrator, comes off as a pretty normal 16 year old; that is, insecure and unsure of her direction. Enter Stephen, who gives her the push she's been needing to think about what she wants. Both main characters feel real. Secondar ...more
Tracy
Jun 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked how honest this book was. The romance was presented in a refreshingly normal and realistic way that I really enjoyed. It really did seem like two kids I may have known back in high school experiencing things together instead of the fairytale or even just the drama that's sometimes presented in books. For the first time in a long time I couldn't see it as a movie. Which was nice. I'm look forward to reading more from this author.
Rebecca
Jun 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
The author said she didn't want to write a book that could be turned into a movie, and I think she succeeded. Told in conversation and inner monologues, this is the story of two people falling in love and figuring out who they are and what they believe is true. This is how I remember talking to my friends when I was growing up - so very real and believable. I can't wait to read more from this author.
Ann Laskowski
Apr 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great book! I loved it especially the end because it didn't bring tears to my eyes like I thought. You knew what happened but it didn't drag on and on. Thank you for sharing S.E. Phinney! You are a great writer!
Noah
Kathy Heare Watts
Maddy
Kim Friant

• The Darkest Corners
  • Queen of Air and Darkness (The Dark Artifices, #3)
S.E. Phinney is the author of Weeks and Days, available in April 2016. She lives in Portland, Oregon, and works for the Multnomah County Library.

In her spare time, she enjoys reading middle-grade fantasy novels, biking, sewing, and watching costume dramas without paying attention to the plot. She is overly fond of em dashes, but also likes garage rock, remote islands, and yogurt, among other thin