Start by marking “Here Comes The Rainne Again (Invertary, #6)” as Want to Read:
Here Comes The Rainne Again (Invertary, #6)

Here Comes The Rainne Again

(Invertary #6)

Kirsty has planned the perfect Leap Day wedding.
And it’s all falling apart...
The Scottish Highlands are in the middle of the worst snow storm in decades. Cell towers are down, electricity is out and roads are closed.
In true Invertary style the town’s folk have decided to ignore the weather and carry on with the party. Kirsty is at the castle, in the middle of her hen-ni
Published February 29th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Here Comes The Rainne Again, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Here Comes The Rainne Again

Start your review of Here Comes The Rainne Again (Invertary, #6)
Jane Stewart
Mar 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Main romance: not that good. The secondary story with bad guys was good.

There are three stories happening. I was angry at the way the author stopped each scene at the worst possible time - the moment of crisis - to switch to a different story. I know - some experts tell authors to do that - to create “hooks” at the end of each chapter to keep the reader from going to bed or whatever. But I disagree. I prefer the traditional/classic method where each scene ends at a logical stopping place. I was
Paige  Bookdragon

This was a really fun read. I've been waiting for Rainne's story ever since I've read her older brother's story (Lingerie Wars).

As always, Janet Elizabeth Henderson knows how to mix humor and romance really well. It's not corny and it's not cliche, just pure fun and love.

Note: Can be read as a standalone but it is much better if you have read the books before this.
Amanda
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was strange but good

She tried a new formatting to close up some loose ends it’s alright but a little jumbled. This story could have easily been a short story
Chessela Helm
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My favorite of the Invertary books, this one combines the usual rom com with some action as the ladies of the the city are under siege. We do get back to Rainne and Alistair's story, which is nice, but we also get to check in with Kirsty and find her feeling unloved on the eve of her wedding. We get to see the world's lamest bachelor party and get to know Megan, the feisty twin. The book does a great job of developing all of the characters and adding some new ones we'll see in the spinoff series ...more
Andrew Palmer
Apr 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
A hybrid romantic-suspense/romantic-comedy

Book 6 of this series is different. We are reintroduced to Rainne and Alistair, who were the secondary romance (albeit an unsuccessful one) in Book 1, Lingerie Wars. In that sense, it is a second-chance romance and starts off traditionally for that trope.

Then, armed men attack invertary castle, where Kristy is having her hen-night while the boys, and Betty, treat Lake to a stag night at the pub (I'm using treat generously here, as Betty, the "best man" o
T.
Jun 03, 2018 rated it liked it
I 'purchased' the first book of this series which is Lingerie Wars because it was free. I liked it so I thought I wouldget a few more books from the series. When I saw Book 6 was about Rainne and Alistair so I wanted to see what happened with them. I read the blurb for this book and it gave me the impression that I should skip Books 2-5 and read this one after Book 1. Sighs. Nope.

"Unlike the rest of the books in my Invertary series, this one isn't a standalone novel. Here Comes The Rainne Again
Helen Manning
Dec 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Rainne and Alastair's story continues 3 years after she left Invertary and Alastair in a blur of tears and uncertainty. She comes back for Lake and Kirsty's wedding and hopes to reconcile with Alastair and get her HEA. To her shock he cuts her off cold. Goaded by a friend he agrees to take her to Caroline's castle where the wedding will be. All the men are at Dougal's pub for a Betty-planned stag party and the ladies are drinking champagne and being silly when the castle gets invaded by stranger ...more
Geraldine
Jul 13, 2018 rated it liked it
I have loved this series so far but reading this installment the word that kept coming to mind was chaos. The story jumped all over the place like a bad soap opera, chopping between characters and stories each chapter. Rainne's story with Alistair seemed insignificant and this book appeared to be used to set up the author's next series, Benson's Boys. I enjoyed revisiting the other characters and had a number of healthy giggle sessions but this book sadly didn't live up to the quality of the ear ...more
Karen
May 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rainneing Cats and Dogs

The scene opens in winter, the ground is covered in snow and a snow storm is about to blow in.
This story is about Raine and Alistair, two complicated people who struggle with commitment. All this is on the backdrop of Kirsty and Lakes wedding, but plans to awry.
Raine is brilliant. Seeking approval 3 years after Alistair demanded a commitment that she couldn't give. Alistair came across as bolshy, and a little jealous. Then date stepped in and their world's collide...again
F
Katie
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was really, really good for climatic suspense! The hill was a hard climb...tons of keeping you on the edge of your seat wondering the plot behind it all. Truly love this modern-day Scottish romance series filled with recurring characters from previous books. You become part of the family and see all of them grow in their love and in their friendship. Was nice to see the compromise at the end between Rainne and Alastair and all their tomorrows.
Jo Forrester
May 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Kudos to the author for making this story so different from the previous one. I also like that she manages to create books that have a 2 for 1 type of story line. Two romances for the price of one. Here, we finally arrive at the wedding date for Lake and Kirsty. We also get to witness the reunion between Raine and Alistair. So much happens and I don't want to ruin this action pact book in the series but I enjoyed it and am immediately downloading the next book in the series.
Mary Willard
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The funniest, chuckle out loud books I have ever read and re-read and re-read. In a series about the inhabitants of a small Scottish town and the hilarious things that happen to the people there. All of the books in the series are fantastic, light-hearted and fun. Well worth the read, especially if you need cheering up. My go-to books if I need a pick-me-up.
Stace
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I very much enjoy Janet Elizabeth Henderson's stories and characters!!! She has really made the world in Invertary come to life!! And now I have the Benson Security books to look forward to!! These books are entertaining... blending drama and real life situations with humor, steamy love and tears!!
Amanda Rozell
Jul 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One of the best!

Oh my goodness!!! This book was so hilarious. I was laughing out loud often. It was finally great to see Rainne and Alastair’s happily ever after and just to have all of the awesome Invertary characters together!!! It was a total blast (in more ways than one wink wink)
Anita
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh this was so good. We had a return of Rainne from Lingerie Wars and a continuation of the love story between Lake and Kristy. Additionally, we had a funny yet action-packed book that let us revisit all of our favorite couples.
Melindeeloo
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was ok
This one wasn't as fun as they others, it just served as lead in to a spin-off series. There's a whole lot of whoha leading up to Lake's wedding and an invasion by bad guys at the hen party. Woven in is a thin little second chance romance for Alstair and Rain.
Julie
Jul 26, 2020 rated it it was ok
Not for me

Skimmed a bit through this book which means it didn't hold my attention enough to fairly rate it. I think the plots are a bit wild for the characters; not quite believable in a contemporary setting.
Susanne
Jul 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
I just love this series! Raine was introduced in the first book- Lingerie Wars- she was not one of my favourite characters. But she matured and is more likable in this one. And the rest of the story is just hilarious!
Lisa E
Sep 10, 2017 rated it liked it
I have really enjoyed this series. I give this book 3.5 stars. I felt like Rainne and Alastair's story was secondary. It was entertaining and had some good laugh out loud moments.
Nikita
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading it, though there were lesser moments of laughter in this installment. However I don't regret having read the book.
Holly
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun!
April Neal
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put it down

Read this book in one day as I just had to keep reading, and pity anyone who interrupted me. So much action, drama, love and laughter. Love, love, loved it!
Kelly Cook
Oct 22, 2018 rated it liked it
HEA Romance

Great story, had me hooked from the first sentence. Kristy and Lake’s wedding and a conclusion to Alastair and Rainbow’s love story.
Jana K.
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love this series

The characters are human. They have interesting connections. The humor leaves me rolling on the floor laughing. Read one, you'll be hooked.
K. Ryner
May 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
4,5 Fantastic read. I love this series.
Alysen
May 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Very Luke warm about this one but still cute and fun!
Sandra Bain
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this series!! Funny, quirky, witty...!! Look forward to other reads by this author who is now one of my favorites!! Thank you!!
Laurie Gyd
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cute and funny romance

I'm hooked on this series and writer. Never have I been more entertained with lighthearted, seriously funny romance with a bit of danger. Terrific.
Stacey Leontitsis
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book, wonderful series. It's one of those books that will make you laugh and smile. Highly recommend
Dotti Elrick
Mar 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is one of my favorite series. The characters are so fun, quirky and a bit crazy.
And as the author states, you really need to read Lingerie Wars before reading this book. It gives you the background story of Rainne and Alistair as well as the bride and groom, Kirsty and Lake.
I loved catching up with all the past characters.
It was nice to finally see Rainne grow up a bit and learn to stand up for herself. Alastair also needed to do his own growing.
I really enjoyed the more action in this s

• Fiona's Flame (Cypress Hollow Yarn, #5)
  • Sinister Magic (Death Before Dragons, #1)
  • Broken Earth (Argurma Salvager, #1)
  • The Country Guesthouse (Sullivan's Crossing, #5)
  • Under Fyre (Alien Dragon Shifters, #1)
  • Magical Midlife Dating (Leveling Up #2)
  • Classified Planet: Turongal (The Darvel Exploratory Systems, #1)
  • The Royal Bastard (Royal Scandals, #4)
  • Unlove Me
  • To Mate A Dragon (Venys Needs Men; Tropical Dragons, #2)
  • Sweep with Me (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4.5)
  • Wild Ride (South Florida Riders, #1)
  • Some Call It Love
  • Dark Secrets (Shadow Guild: The Rebel #3)
  • Soldier's Duty (Iron Horse Legacy, #1)
  • Sworn to the Shadow God (Aspect and Anchor #2)
  • A Natural Woman: A Memoir
  • My Warrior (Bewitched and Bewildered #12)
I grew up in Scotland, but after I met my Dutch husband in America we decided to move to New Zealand and that's where we've settled. We bought a patch of land that we've filled with other people's unwanted animals - we didn't advertise for them, they found us! So far we have three miniature horses (we took in two and were surprised 11 months later when a third appeared - yep, we know nothing about ...more

Invertary (7 books)
  • Lingerie Wars (Invertary, #1)
  • Goody Two Shoes (Invertary, #2)
  • Magenta Mine (Invertary, #3)
  • Calamity Jena (Invertary, #4)
  • Bad Boy (Invertary, #5)
  • Caught (Invertary #7)