Start by marking “Natalie's Getting Married” as Want to Read:
Natalie's Getting Married

Read Book

Natalie's Getting Married

Career minded, Natalie Spencer, had never been in love. She could never understand what all the fuss was about. But when she met Jackson Humphries during Fresher’s Week at university, that all changed.

Utterly infatuated, Natalie quickly discovers the meaning of love and, before she knows it, she's heading up the aisle – for the first time, that is.

This is a tale about fo
Published March 14th 2016 by Amazon Digital Services LLC

To ask other readers questions about Natalie's Getting Married, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Natalie's Getting Married

Start your review of Natalie's Getting Married
Antonella
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
I felt like reading someones diary. Very one sided and gets old pretty fast.
Michelle Ryles
Jan 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: galleys-read
Well this was a surprising little gem of a book; I simply couldn't put it down. I fancied a bit of chicklit for a change but didn't expect to be so engrossed in the story that I read late into the night. This only usually happens to me with a thriller. So what was different about this book? It just had that little bit of magic sprinkled throughout, and with Natalie being so desperate to be part of a couple that she can't see true love hiding in plain sight like a pantomime villain - it's behind ...more
Kayla
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Just when you think something is going to happen, life throws a curve ball at you. This is just what happens to Natalie. In one way or another, we have all been in Natalie's shoes in more ways than one. You can feel Natalie's emotions as if you are right next to her, being her listening ear and shoulder to lean on, as she takes you on her journey called life. You experience the ups and the downs right along with her. Fun weekend read!

I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Jillian
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very easy and interesting chick lit book

I really enjoyed this book because it had all the highs and lows required from a chick lit book. The plot was good and believable and related well to life. The book is a bit like sliding doors in that Nat and Gabriel go through the usual wrong times/right times in their lives before finally finding each other. It's the type of book you could take on holiday to read on the beach.
There were a couple of typos and grammatical errors but that's all.

I would read
Megan
Nov 22, 2018 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this book. Although the end was obvious from a few pages in, the story progressed in an unexpected way although slightly long winded. In saying that, this book was a fun, light hearted read and very enjoyable.
Samira
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was ok
Adored Gabriel! Natalie...not so much.
Ishita
May 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: chicklit
*Note: I received this book from the author through Aimee’s (hellochicklit.com)blogiversary giveaways.*

I think I enjoyed the first half of the book a lot more than the second. Though predictable, it was a lot of fun, and who doesn’t like to root for a girl ending up with her college crush?

This is the story of Natalie and the men in her life. When Jackson proposes to her by the end of her University days, she couldn’t have imagined or wished for better. But is he the one? Her mom and dad are happ
Petra Quelch
Mar 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Natalie's Getting Married is the first full-length novel by Rosa Temple. Rosa previously published a short romantic novella Sleeping With Your Best Friend. I was very intrigued when I received this book from the author. The plot sounded like something I would enjoy reading so last weekend I decided to dive into Natalie's story.

I must admit I haven't bonded with Natalie as I would have thought. Natalie is an energetic, romantic and fun character but for me, she seemed to lack a certain charm of
Kelly Spillane
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
On her first day at university Natalie meet her best friend Gabe, who she will be friends with for the rest of her life. This is also the day that she first set eyes on Jackson, the man that she can't stop obsessing about. But two years later when Natalie meets Jackson during Freshers week, while Gabe is off on the adventure of a lifetime, seeing the world, everything changes for Natalie. Soon she's planned a wedding and is rushing up the aisle (for the first time), but is Natalie is blinded by ...more
Christy
Mar 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Natalie fell head over infatuation with Jackson as soon as she laid eyes on him during her freshman year of college. While admiring him from afar, she found herself chatting with Gabriel - an older university student who quickly would become her best friend. When Jackson finally notices Natalie sitting alone in the cafeteria, she finds out that he, too, has been admiring her. Their relationship blossoms, he proposes, and despite his mother's opinion, Jackson and Natalie are planning a wedding.

B
Whispering Stories
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Natalie never wanted to get married. That changes the minute she sees Jackson in her first year at university. Natalie is head over heels in love. Now all that she has to do, is get Jackson to notice her.

In her last year at university, Jackson finally makes a move on Natalie and after a whirlwind romance, proposes at graduation.

Wow – the man of her dreams is about to marry her, or so she thought.

After fiancé number one, comes number two, Liam. A romance that should never have been. Whilst Natali
Rachel (Rae)
May 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
About the book :

This is a tale about four wedding dresses, a runaway groom and a girl who got so carried away, she couldn’t see true love staring her
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book and thought it was as a brilliant story which a lot of people can probably relate to in some way.

The genre of the book is very Chic Lit/ romance which as you may know is one of my favourite genres. So as soon as I read the synopsis of the story I knew it was definitely something I would enjoy.

It was full of drama, love, friendship, humour, heartbreak and just a lovely book to curl up with on these cold, winter days.

It was an easy read and very easy to follow an
Ruth B
Apr 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, 2016, chick-lit
'Natalie's Getting Married' is a sweet romance about a young woman and her love adventures. A story about friendship, making mistakes, finding the perfect dress, saying yes to life and more.

We first meet Natalie in college when she is secretly in love with Jackson. She is admiring him from afar when Gabe makes an appearance. As soon as we read about him we can see that Gabriel will be a big part of her life. We can see that he loves her, not only as a friend but he has deep feelings for her. Bu
Nicole
Feb 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
This story was quite the page turner and so hard to put down. Natalie is so easy to relate to. She "falls in love" with a guy from afar her first week at university. The things she does to place herself in his life are so amusing. She even joins clubs that he's in because she wants to be near him even though he doesn't give her the time of day. So it's funny in a "yeah, I can relate to that kind of crush" way. I don't want to give too much away because there are some things that took me by surpr ...more
Nash Norden
This was a story about Natalie and her journey to find her true love. Natalie Spencer was career minded and has never been in love. But once she laid her eyes on Jackson Humphries, everything changed.

It was hard not to like Natalie. She was independent, brave and this was the first time found out that she like someone. I like how she had her crush on Jackson but never had her courage to go after him. Jackson was a nice guy with a few problems with her mom.

Natalie also met Gabriel during the Fre
Heather McCoubrey
Mar 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Natalie's Getting Married was a fun book to read. It was easy to fit it in throughout my days and evenings, while still being on-call to the Baby Dictator. The story was engaging and I was flipping pages eagerly to find out what happened next. I found the story easy to follow and I really enjoyed how it was broken up into sections. So often you find books that drag the story on and on, but Rosa didn't do that here. She kept each section separate and I think that really helped the story flow well ...more
Rachel Gilbey
Mar 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Natalie's Getting Married, was just what I needed as I read it. It was light hearted, good fun and a great romantic comedy. Rosa Temple is writing with a fresh voice, that is very friendly and easy to get along with and warm to.

Natalie is clearly a romantic. She falls in love very easily and is then blinkered to the man's faults, and is determined that whoever he is will be her happy ever after. It soon becomes apparent that she is blinkered to who is her real man of her dreams, but before we g
Adele
Apr 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
I'd like to thank the author, Rosa Temple, for an arc in return for an honest review.

This is the first full length novel written by Rosa. I read her novella, Sleeping with your Best Friend, last year and really enjoyed it. Natalie's Getting Married is a fun filled romantic comedy that I was totally absorbed with.

Natalie has three men in her life: Jackson the first guy she fell in love with from afar at Uni; Liam the charming and sweet local shop owner and Gabriel the guy who took her under his w
Julie Williams
Feb 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a book of three parts and a really easy romantic read with likeable characters.
Part One introduces the central character Natalie who has never even thought about having any kind of deep relationship with boys until she went to a university in Sheffield, where on her very first she falls hopelessly in love with Jackson Humphries. Unfortunately she has to look and love from a distance as he never even looks her way during her first year. Natalie does however find a lifelong best friend in
Alison
Mar 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a fun, cosy chick-lit .. exactly the type of book you need for a feel good factor.

Natalie goes to uni .. meets Gabe who instantly becomes her best friend and sticks with her through thick and thin during the story. Natalie spots Jackson and immediately lusts after him talking endlessly and totally losing all sense of reality. She had never been in love before but Jackson hit her like a lightening bolt .... follow the love affair, then enter Liam and repeat process ......

There is plenty
Cathie Whitmore
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love the casual, light-hearted feel of this well written story, told through the eyes of the main character. I particularly enjoy this style of first person perspective writing, which gives me the opportunity to really get to know Natalie, a young woman who openly shares with the reader, her thoughts, her dreams and the secrets that make her the person she is.

Natalie is a very likeable and relatable character. She is a girl on a mission, in love with love and determined to get her man. I also
Diana Santoso
Mar 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Like it! I imagine this is how 'Love, Rosie' must be like if it's told in narrative instead of chains of letters back and forth. Also I like how fast-paced it is, how independent and brave Natalie is. I also keep imagining Lily Collins as Nat and Sam Claflin as Gabriel in my mind.
However, towards the end, the tone is changing. Nat seems like throwing herself to every men near her who's available. I don't quite like it, contrast to the cheerful beginning. Also the nonreciprocal love getting a bit
Amanda
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was such a fun read and Rosa Temple has the most amazing writing style. It's light and sweet and she adds just the right amount of humor in at opportune times. I was able to connect with Natalie so much during this book. Life often has times where you think you have it together or you're on the right track and things just keep happening to steer you in other directions. It was fun to see where life took Natalie and all the things happening right under her nose. So true to life... I wil ...more
Ana Meyer
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Super cute, it really gave me feelings back to watching "Runaway Bride" and that caused me a lot of joy. A very lighthearted book that takes you through Natalie's life as she quests to find the true one. It was a easy read that kept my interest despite these books normally not being my cup of tea. If you love a light hearted romance that doesn't go into the erotica world, this book will be perfect for you.
BookLovinJunkie
Mar 14, 2016 rated it liked it
What a little diamond in the ruff. I enjoyed reading this story but I mostly enjoyed reading Gabriel & Natalie scene. They were to me perfect. Two peas in a pod. Jackson was ok but Gabriel was always there, and when Jackson more less ignore Natalie in the beginning. I also loved Bella & Alissa , they were a wonderful addition to the story. So all together is enjoyed it and love to read more, it was funny, sad and a real gem.
Reviewed by JustaBooklovinJunkie
*ARC Review*
Tammye
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Just when you think Natalie is about to make a huge mistake and in your mind you are screaming NO DON'T, she hears you. I felt like the bumps in Natalie's life road were put there by the reader to help steer her in the right direction, to what is obvious to all of us who are on the outside looking in. I really loved this book and looking forward to the sequel.
Jenna
Jun 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was a little hard for me to get into. In the end though, I overall liked the book. The story wasn't quite as I expected, but in a good way. It took a turn from the typical, getting married story, but in a good way. Natalie's story was more complex (and frustrating at times if I'm being honest). Another thing that was different about this book was that it took place over many years.
Karen Roe
Aug 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Beautuful

What a beautiful book with beautiful characters. Really didn't want it to come to end even though you wanted it to, to put Nat with Mr right. Hoped for a beautiful ending and that's just what you get
Bookread2day
May 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ross Temple is a fantastic story teller. I enjoyed the story so much. I highly recommend Natalie's Getting Married.

• Clara Meets The Parents (Clara Andrews, #2)
  • One Winter Morning
  • Grace After Henry
  • Lovewrecked
  • Redemption: A Surprise Pregnancy Romance
  • Stockings and Cellulite
  • The First Word (The Visionaries, #1)
  • Summer in Provence
Rosa Temple began writing romantic comedies and chick lit because of her passion for what she calls the 'early chick lit films', like: Sabrina, Barefoot In the Park and Breakfast at Tiffany's. She honed her skills as a ghost writer, gaining experience writing romantic novellas, both sweet and on the slightly steamy side. In her notebooks, she constantly jotted down story ideas of her own and she e ...more