Start by marking “Sinister (Shaye Archer #2)” as Want to Read:
Sinister (Shaye Archer #2)

Sinister

(Shaye Archer #2)

Because Hustle helped the young PI while she was investigating her first
Published January 18th 2016 by Jana DeLeon

To ask other readers questions about Sinister, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sinister

Start your review of Sinister (Shaye Archer #2)
Mary
Five stars!! Here's why:

1.) Just as good as the first book, MALEVOLENT.
2.) Shaye Archer is a badazz.
3.) Plenty of moments left my heart beating wildly. I'm not kidding! It's not just one of those things a reviewer writes but doesn't mean. Had this been a movie I'd have been white knuckled, easing towards the edge of my seat. And, I like that DeLeon doesn't drag things on and on.

The plot is good, rife with evil and bad intentions. Sinister? Heck, yea!! So frightening to think that this new
JadeShea
Shaye's friend Hustle is worried about a friend of his that has gone missing. He knows that no one is going to care about a bunch of street kids, but Shaye may be his only hope. As these two do their best to figure out what is going on, and who is taking these kids, things get more dangerous. Shaye's friend at the police station also has a case that may be related to Shaye's case, so they do what they can to work together to figure out what is going on.

This book was really good. It had a great
Elisa
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shaye, Jackson and Hustle are back. Talk about exciting characters Shaye is strong, independent and a damn good PI, Jackson is charming, charismatic and a brilliant detective and Hustle is street smart but he also has a soft side he tries to hide. When street kids start going missing no ones going to notice right?? Wrong when Hustles good friend Jinx goes missing he notices and even though he doesn't trust easily Hustle knows he can trust Shaye he has helped her out before and she has always ...more
Pamela(AllHoney)
The second book in Jana Deleon's Shaye Archer series. Shaye is approached by homeless teen, Hustle, about his missing friend, Jinx. The investigation reveals more street kids are missing. Shaye and her police officer friend, Jackson LaMotte, seek to uncover the truth.

The story is mainly about the missing children but there is also mention of Shaye's past. One mystery is complete but one is not. Like I said in the review of the first book in the series, this is not like the humorous series I
Sylvia
Oct 27, 2016 rated it liked it
The second installment ends with a cliff hanger for Shaye Archer. What happened to her? Why can't she remember? Is her attacker still at large? Will she let the handsome detective Jackson Lamotte into her heart? I'll have to read the third installment to find out. Nice little murder mystery.
Namita
Another great read from Jana. Loved the book and how she incorporated Shaye's story along with it. Loving Jackson and Shaye's chemistry. Looking forward to reading more. Fall can't come fast enough.
Bettie
08:13:18

Description: Street kids are disappearing, but how do you report that to the police when, from their standpoint, the missing people didn’t exist to begin with? Hustle is certain that something bad has happened to his friend Jinx, and the only person he can turn to for help is private investigator Shaye Archer.

Because Hustle helped the young PI while she was investigating her first case, Shaye has already formed an opinion as to his character and believes he’s telling the truth. As she
Chad W Burlingame
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve read some other books by this author and really enjoyed them so I thought I’d give this series a try. I was not disappointed. Although a lot more serious than the Miss Fortune Mysteries, the Shaye Archer series has been fantastic (at least the first two books). If you are a fan of fast paced action thrillers, you will probably enjoy these books. I’m looking forward to reading the next one in this series.
Mollie Gregory
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
I started reading Jana Deleon’s Fortune Redding novels, which are a total hoot. Captivated by her writing, I started her Shaye Archer series. Malevolent hooked me. Set in New Orleans, she shows both its beauty and its gritty underbelly. Her second in this series, Sinister, doesn’t disappoint. The characters continue to develop, and we learn more about her past as she discovers answers, herself. I just started Diabolical and can hardly wait to see what it reveals.
Lisa
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good story!

Love the story. I can't wait for the writer to reveal Shaye's past. And maybe her love life with the detective.
Justin Gonzalez
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
May have been my fault for picking this up and putting it down so many times, but I didn’t feel the mystery or the draw to the plot like I did the first.
But definitely a good story, just not 5 stars for me ;)
Suzie Seibel
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great characters

Big fan of Jana DeLeon and I love her sense of humor in her other series, so I wasn't sure how I would I would feel about this series but I am completely hooked. I read this one without too many breaks and the only ones I took were this one without too many breaks and the only ones I took were this one without too many breaks and the only ones I took we're forced on me. I love the strong , intelligent women she writes about. But the best part of the characters is that they
Sharon
Jan 21, 2016 added it
wow, what a page turner. I started it yesterday afternoon and just couldn't put it down. I had to know what was coming next and how they were going to get out of it. This is a gut wrenching story with very little of Jana's trademark humor. What a surprise ending.

I am looking forward to the next book in this series. I would suggest you read book one although I do not think it is totally necessary. I think after book 3 comes out. i will probably have to read the whole series again.

I cant say
Shirleen Miller
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Love the series. Their is a touch of dry humor, the kind we have all experienced. The characters. The plot, the excitement and figuring out what is happening is outstanding. Jana has a way with telling a story that draws you right into the book. You feel the suspense, you are tied up in knots to solve the case right along with the characters. Yes s suspense book but not like any other out there. No one can spin a tale like Jana, no one!
Kim Page
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A 'Gasp' worthy thriller!!!
Honestly, I thought the Malevolent was great but Sinister is even better...Unbelievable!! I can't get enough of Shaye, Jackson, Hustle...every one of Jana Deleon's characters is SO well written and complex you can't help but be invested! The 'Bad Guys' are scary, dangerous and soulless...what nightmares are made of!!
Diane Perry
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Interesting and Fascinating

Love this series! I'm already a huge fan of Jana, but this series is really something special. Not her normal cozy mysteries. This is intense and full of strong characters and great storylines. This book we really get to learn more about Shaye and this going to be one fascinating character to follow. Can't wait for more.
Anne
May 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ms DeLeon didn't disappoint as usual. Even though the subject matter is truthfully horrible it was handled with class and grace. The story moved quickly and held up well. I'm looking forward to the next in the series. With a few Mudbugs and Miss Fortunes in the interim.
Nina
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, thriller
wow what a great Book2 to the Shaye Archer Series. Could not stop till 4 a.m to finish this. I really like the character development and the story development of Shaye and all the others.
Jana Deleon has you hooked till the end. I strongly recommend this series to thriller lovers.
Nae
Feb 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense
Nellie Neves
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't stop reading.

I liked the first book, but this one was amazing. Tension built throughout the book. The ongoing story is building. I read until 4 am. Loved loved loved it.
Henriette
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Shaye Archer series is much darker than Deleon's usual fare though still "tame" enough that you can read it in the evening before going to bed. If you rated suspense novels on a scale from 1 to 10, with 1 being cozies and 10 being thrillers were the author describes every torture the victim is subjected to in intimate detail, then the Shaye Archer's are approximately a 4.

Hustle approaches Shaye, because his friend Jinx has disappeared and asks for help to find her. As with the last one, the
tcallowaybooks
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
SPOILER ALERT!!

Holy Moly…ok. This is the second book in the Shaye Archer series by Jana DeLeon. I was not completely sold on this series when I read the first installment, Malevolent. Now, I love, love, love, a good detective story. I am Alex Cross’ number one fan and adore the girls of the Women’s Murder Club. Although the story was a pretty entertaining one, it just seemed like the plot of Malevolent and the characters were all over the place. I kind of like it when the bad guys are right
Book-Lover Book Blog
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'll tell you what, I'm absolutely loving this series! And the ending to this one had my jaw hitting the ground! Was not expecting that, Ms. DeLeon.

This whole story was a psychological mind-screw-up and you're kept guessing and guessing and you'll be sat on the edges of your seats in anticipation as to what happens next. The characters were amazing and as in Malevolent, I loved Shaye Archer and Jackson. Corinne and Eleanore made me chuckle though their interactions and it helps lighten the mood
Tracy T.
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So this was a great book, and I really like the series so far, I have read/listened to books 1-4 so far, book 5 is being released tomorrow 2/27/18 YAY. (audible review)

I am enjoying these stories a lot! They are well written and easy to follow along. I like the mystery that keeps you guessing and it will be interesting for Shaye to find out what happened to her.

Oh and I love Hustle! He is awesome, he should get a series of his own. Think about that Jana DeLeon. There are some other great
Sharon
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
The second Shaye Archer book sees a minor character from the first one, Hustle, coming to Shaye for help. Hustle is a street kid, and his friend Jinx has gone missing ... as have several other kids he knows.

When the remains of one of those kids is caught in a Lake Pontchartrain fisherman's net, things take on a whole new appearance -- because the youth didn't die of drowning. He was shot.

Shaye's own murky past is starting to reassert itself in this book, with memories returning as she works on
Thomas
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Private Eye Shaye Archer is still trying to come to grips with her unknown past.
She is approached by Hustle, the street kid who helped her on her last case, His friend young friend, Jinx has disappeared, and he is worried about her. When Shaye starts searching for her she discovers that someone is tracking and kidnapping the street kids from the area. As the investigation progresses, Shaye discovers some of the darker sides of reality that happen when someone is off the radar and unlikely to be
Mary Lou Webb
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent second book in the series

This book is filled with twists, excitement, turns, ups and downs, and satisfying endings. Yes, plural: endings. Every chapter builds into the suspense until it rises to a very high peak of tension. What still doesn't remember her origins, but that doesn't stop her from taking the case of a missing street girl, Jinx. She's hired by another street kid, Hustle. With the help of Jackson, a police detective, the trio goes on a child-finding mission that ends in the
Heather Chiren-Lucas
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love Jana's writing as an author and this harrowing tale of Shaye is incredible. I'm on the edge of my seat to find out what has happened during the 15 years of time that have been missing.
Each book stumbles through flashbacks and tidbits while Shaye makes her way as a top notch PI. This latest case had me in tears several times! Even through all the terror, a happy ending for some was wonderful to read. Now, with the third installation we may find out the 'why' behind the mystery of the real
Tina
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm so glad I found this series.
Shaye Archer is a strong, fiercely independent woman with a soft heart. Street kids are going missing and no one noticed except Hustle. Hustle is a street kid with an amazing heart and I want to bring him home, feed him and keep him safe. Twists and turns aplenty had me biting my nails until the very end, with another shock perpetrator reveal I did not see coming and a link to our heroine.
Shaye's past is unravelling quickly but will finding out the details help
Patrícia  Ferreira
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another great book just like the first one!
In this one, Hustler, is worried about his missing friend, Jinx, and asks for Shaye's help.
Shaye and Jackson start investigating and things get complicated when some other homeless kids disappear.
In the meantime, Shaye's nightmares are getting worse and a new piece of her dark past is revealed...
Can't wait to read the third book!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Bayou Valentine (Miss Fortune)
  • Sinful Lies (Miss Fortune Kindle Worlds; Cappuccino Posse Book 2)
  • Fortune and Glory (Miss Fortune World Book 2)
  • Nearly Beloved (Miss Fortune; Nearly Sinful #2)
  • The Stiletto Scandal (Miss Fortune)
  • Murder on the Sinful Express (Miss Fortune Series Kindle Worlds)
  • Undercover (Miss Fortune Series Kindle Worlds; Sinful Past Book 1)
  • Mutiny on the Bayou (Miss Fortune)
  • Fortune and Pride (Miss Fortune World Book 3)
  • Sinful Spells (The Miss Fortune Series Kindle Worlds Novella; The Cappuccino Posse Book 3)
  • Fortune and Fame (Miss Fortune World Book 1)
  • Sinful Pursuit (The Miss Fortune World & The Cappuccino Posse Book 4)
  • A Dirty Shame (J.J. Graves Mystery, #2)
  • Fatal Agreements
  • Nearly Departed (Miss Fortune; Nearly Sinful #1)
  • Dirty Deeds (The Miss Fortune Series Kindle Worlds & Wholly Moses! Book 7)
  • Dirty Laundry (J.J. Graves Mystery #5)
  • Bayou Easter (Miss Fortune World: Bayou Cozy Romantic Thrills Book 4)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Jana DeLeon was raised in southwest Louisiana among the bayous and gators. Her hometown is Carlyss, but you probably won't find it on a map. Her family owned a camp located on a bayou just off the Gulf of Mexico that you could only get there by boat. The most important feature was the rope hammock hanging in the shade on a huge deck that stretched ...more

Shaye Archer (7 books)
  • Malevolent (Shaye Archer #1)
  • Diabolical (Shaye Archer #3)
  • Wicked (Shaye Archer #4)
  • Unseen (Shaye Archer #5)
  • Dreadful (Shaye Archer #6)
  • Damned (Shaye Archer, #7)
“I think being pissed is a good thing,” Eleonore said. “If you’re just a little angry, then you let things go, but if you’re really pissed, you make sure that things change. I’ve made a lot of positive changes in my life because of being pissed.” 2 likes