Start by marking “Talk Peace” as Want to Read:
Talk Peace

Talk Peace

3.45  ·  Rating details ·  33 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Illustrations and an easy-to-read text call for all people of the world, wherever they are and whatever they are doing, to talk peace. This inventive and playful book is an inspiring celebration of human possibility.
Published January 1st 2005 by Holiday House

To ask other readers questions about Talk Peace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Talk Peace

Stef Rozitis
Sep 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: early-childhood
The intent of this book is beautiful as is the presentation and pictures. The text rhymes and contains opposites and word-pictures to very quickly and simply give a message of tolerance, understanding and diversity. For me the text was even over-simple and I was torn about the "Look at race/in the face" phrase, although I think it is true that we can only deconstruct prejudice by being honest and upfront about it, the use of the word "race" in such an oversimplified context seems to me to be pro ...more
Rachel Herrington
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-lit
This was a simple, easy to read book about the importance of peace in our world. The book is basically telling you to do everything with peace in mind, and to "talk peace" everywhere. It uses many prepositions such as up, down, in, out, high, and low. My favorite quote from the book was "Understand foreign land. Take heart, take part, talk peace." It was a warm and loving book to spread peace wherever you go. I really liked that it contained so many prepositions. I would use this book to teach p ...more
Kathleen Lance
This book tells how to talk to peace to those all around you. The message is that we should strive to talk peace in every aspect of life and in every each place we live or visit. The author stresses that peace is the best form of universal communication and that we all are blessed by the presence of peace.

I personally loved this book. I think it sends a very important message to readers in a simple way, while still being very effective. The illustrations weren't my favorite, but they weren't te
Aug 13, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommended to Tim by: JK
Simple, yet powerful international book that teaches the concept of peace. The characters demonstrate how to talk in peaceful ways around the community. I read a review from School Library Journal on titlewave saying that with V. Radunsky and Todd Parr's books about peace, that this book may not be worth adding to a collection. I say that it should be part of a collection and theme promoting peace among children. It describes peace in simple terms. Concepts such as Peace are sometimes abstract f ...more
May 21, 2011 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This book has a very nice premise and I really wanted to like it. But the poem only sort of rhymes (I personally think it should either rhyme or not, but not a mixture of both) And while the narrative is somewhat lyrical, it's not very engaging. Once again, it's a nice idea, it just wasn't executed as well as it could've been.
Ruth Ann
Meet children and animals from around the world as the author encourages us to understand foreign lands and look "race in the face." A book that appeals to the humanity in all of us, no matter our size, location, or dress.
Dec 02, 2012 rated it liked it
This book is great, I think, for expressing to all how to treat all people with respect and to talk kindly to one another. Whether you are an animal, human, or plant you should always talk kindly. I think the book provides a positive message to young readers.
Michelle Nero
Sep 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Love the premise of the book, but I thought it failed to deliver with a bigger punch!
Christine Turner
Dec 18, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: peace-education
Illustrations and easy-to-read text call for all people of the world, wherever they are and whatever they are doing, to talk peace.

This book would work will in Montessori.
Jessica Bearden
Dec 06, 2012 rated it liked it
It was okay. It talked about being nice to people but it wasn't great.
Mar 21, 2016 added it
Shelves: picture-books, 2016
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love this so much!!
Dec 21, 2013 rated it did not like it
I am all for peace, but this book in no way talks about what peace is or how to talk about it. This book is just a platitude.
Emily Myhren
Jul 21, 2016
Jan 07, 2017
Feb 22, 2013
Courtney Hendrix
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Talk Peace is such a perfect children's picture book to represent treating all people equally and being nice to all people. This book and the specific use of words is such a great way to express to children the way they should treat other people no matter their size, race, beliefs, etc. It is all expressed in such a simple way and the illustrations are very outgoing as to reach a larger crowd.
Mrs. Claxon
Feb 27, 2009
Mar 21, 2016
rated it did not like it
Mar 11, 2017
Madison Stockbridge
This book is about teaching children to talk about peace everywhere they go. I think this book would be good for k-1st. I think it would be good for these grades because it is an easy ready and its a good lesson. I think it would be really good for 1st grade because the students could be able to read it on their own.
Marissa Elera
Dec 23, 2017
Jan 29, 2012
rated it did not like it
Jan 30, 2014
Sam William’s expressive, appealing and soft illustrations have appeared in numerous young books, including Ballet Kitty; (Boxer Books) Cold Little Duck, Duck, Duck (Greenwillow) and Little Red by Sarah Ferguson, The Duchess of York (Simon and Schuster).

He is the author of Talk Peace and That’s Love (Holiday House). Sam divides his time between London, Brooklyn, and the east coast of England. His
More about Sam Williams...