Start by marking “Louie Lets Loose! (Unicorn in New York, #1)” as Want to Read:
Louie Lets Loose! (Unicorn in New York, #1)

Louie Lets Loose! (Unicorn in New York, #1)

3.43  ·  Rating details ·  54 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
In this hilarious new fiction series, Louie the unicorn searches for stardom in New York City. Louie's story is brought to life with a unique visual approach, combining real New York photography with funny character illustrations.

'Dear Ma and Pa,
The New York School for Performing Arts is the perfect place for a unicorn like me. So far it has been totally AWESOME! Madame
Published February 4th 2016 by Oxford University Press

To ask other readers questions about Louie Lets Loose!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Louie Lets Loose!

Blair Sims
Jul 28, 2017 rated it liked it
I loved it so much. It needs more action, but I loved it so so much because unicorns are my favorite things in the whole wide world. And, I liked that it was in New York City.
Barbara
If you enjoy word play and unicorns or characters that are disarmingly naive and think the best of others, even those who are out to trick them, you will enjoy this new series. In the first title in the series, Louie is a unicorn who has his eyes set on seeing his name in lights. He sets off for the New York School of Performing Arts. Readers will get a kick out of all the misunderstandings that occur as Louie tries to take the school and the city by storm. With three new friends, a mermaid, a t ...more
Rebecca Palermo
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Summary:
Louie decides that Story Land is too boring and he travels to NYC to pursue his dreams of being a superstar. Louie makes some mistakes along the way and meets another unicorn, Archie, who tries to wreck Louie's chances of becoming a star in NYC.

Evaluation:
I LOVED this book. I think this is a great book for transitional readers because of it's big text and pictures. The book has a lot of humor and I believe that students would really love reading about Louie. I think this book also remin
Earl
Jun 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Silly new early chapter book series about theatrical magical creatures. Louie the Unicorn decides to go to New York to pursue his dreams of being a star but he doesn't realize that another unicorn may not want to share the spotlight with him. Think Glee and Tim Federle's Nate books.

What's weird about this UK import is that the illustrator doesn't really get mentioned in the credits. At least, he doesn't have a dedication nor a short bio on the back of the book. The art is in the style of a less-
Steph
Aug 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I laughed out loud... when this unicorn arrives in NYC, his reactions to the city around him remind me so much of Buddy in the movie Elf. Quirky, fun illustrations and an easy-to-follow storyline... even if it's super silly. :-)

This book brought a smile to my face. That's worth a lot!
Carol
Jan 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Super silly intermediate chapter book. Perfect for boys or girls 2nd-3rd grade. Louie is a unicorn with a flair for the dramatic. He travels to the big city to become a star meeting a host of characters along the way. Pure silliness to the point of absurd and ridiculous. But fun!
Rachel Harder
Jun 04, 2017 rated it liked it
I could see some of my students loving this one- hilarious.
Karen S.
Dec 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-fantasy
Good beginning chapter book with moving plot line. Lots of double meaning phrases and idioms.
Danielle Mootz
Aug 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Kids enjoyed this short yet busy chapter book!
Karen Piedra
May 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Kids will love this hilarious book! The photographs with the cartoon pictures over it gives it a New York City feel.
Anya
Mar 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very cute. It's got an interesting mashup of photos with illustrations over top that makes it seem like a unicorn really could be running around New York. The humor is also blissfully satirical so that parents will enjoy reading this to their young 'uns.
zapkode
{My thoughts} – When I was a child I use to collect unicorns. They were one of those mythical creatures that use to fascinate me. I don’t collect them anymore, but they still are rather fascinating.

Louie is a unicorn that dreams of making it big in New York. He travels there from Story Land in hopes to attend the New York School of Performing Arts. When he gets to New York, he doesn’t quite understand how it is that humans mean to actually communicate with him and mistakes rudeness as acts of in
Mia
Lisa
Nov 07, 2017
Amanda
Jul 09, 2018
Rachel Hamilton’s first children’s book, 'The Case of the Exploding Loo', was published by Simon & Schuster in May 2014 and the second book in the series, 'The Case of the Exploding Brains', came out in February 2015. 'The Case of the Exploding Loo' won the Worcestershire Awesomest Book Award and the Ossett Riveting Reads Award. It was also runner up in the Montegrappa First Fiction award at t ...more