Start by marking “Love Your Work: 4 Practical Ways You Can Pivot to Your Best Career” as Want to Read:
Love Your Work: 4 Practical Ways You Can Pivot to Your Best Career

Love Your Work: 4 Practical Ways You Can Pivot to Your Best Career

Are you dissatisfied in your career? Not getting the opportunities you want? Wish you could find your sweet spot?

Our best, most fulfilling work comes when passion and opportunity meet. But many struggle to find make that happen—and that’s the problem, one that can lead to dissatisfaction both in and out of the workplace.

In Pivot, you will learn how to strategically positio
Published January 3rd 2017 by Moody Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Love Your Work, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Your Work

Start your review of Love Your Work: 4 Practical Ways You Can Pivot to Your Best Career
Lydia Howe
Why I Choose This Book:

It sounded like a smart book to read. In reality I already love my work, but the back cover blurb was interesting.

What I Thought About This Book:

The first several chapters took a while for me to get through - they didn't exactly apply to where I am in life right now. It felt like information overload and rather boring, like a chunky article that I didn't exactly know what the takeaway would be for me personally. (To clarify: I'm pretty sure this is because I'm not at a p
Suzanne
Although it had a few nuggets here and there, by a few chapters in I felt Iike I was getting a free fishing rod for attending a several-hours-long sales pitch, with a lot of name dropping and website suggesting. Not my thing. It got so bad that I even chose not to finish listening for the nuggets as I couldn't swallow the advertising. It was too much work to sift vitamin-rich truth from marketing. If there's is nuggets only version with an appendix of resources in the back, I may give it another ...more
CharityJ
Jul 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: personal-growth
For fans of vocational self help, this is worth putting on the list because there are concrete steps, action plan, and more resources accessed for free on his site. There are several spots where he references God and prayer and the book suddenly feels religious. Besides that, I thought this was helpful.
Phillip Cole
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Today, staying with the same employer for most of your career is an exception. Most workers will face a job change several times in their lives. Some changes are by choice, others are forced on the employees. How do you handle these changes? What if the problem is that you feel unfulfilled in your current job? Robert Dickie III shares how you can transition to another job, or make your current job better in Love Your Work.

No matter your work history, there will come a time that some type of chan
Dionne Abouelela
I really, really, really wanted to love this book.

However, I didn't see any notifications that this title would have Christian themes - which is fine and I can appreciate this at certain moments, but it isn't what I wanted in a business book. I hate to rate the book lower for this, but I was unable to finish. And while the author specifically states he doesn't want this book to have religious themes, and that religion is something that specifically helped him, I felt that it was continually snea
Via Bella
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Read the review here: http://bit.ly/LYWbook ...more
Christine Lussier
Dec 06, 2016 rated it liked it
I received a digital copy of "Love Your Work" from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

The book has many suggestions by the author to stay on top of the ever changing technology industry, especially for those looking to transition into a new career path. It is not meant for someone looking for a quick "do these 4 things" will be disappointed, as it is more of a read/think/put into action book. Each chapter has an action point or two to do, as well as a shared story & biblical reference. T
Linda Joy
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think that this book can and will be extremely useful for many who might struggle to maintain growth in industries that are turning much more toward technology. Bob offers many helpful tips and insight into furthering knowledge and expanding skill sets that are complimentary to these changes in industry.
Suzette
Lindsey
Feb 12, 2018
David McClendon, Sr
Apr 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing

We were sent a review copy of this book without cost or obligation.  This will in no way affect our opinion or our review of Love Your Work by Robert Dickie III.

Love Your Work could probably best be described as Who Moved My Cheese on steroids.

Love Your Work takes a Christian view of the world today and the rapidly changing economy and offers advice about how to prepare for the inevitable changes to come.

Gone are the days when one
Mitchel
Jan 05, 2017
Toyin A
Jan 03, 2017
Mir
rated it did not like it
Jul 12, 2019

• Finish: Give Yourself the Gift of Done
  • Claiming Your Place at the Fire: Living the Second Half of Your Life on Purpose
  • On the Brink of Everything: Grace, Gravity, and Getting Old
  • How I Changed My Life in a Year
  • Living Well in a Down Economy for Dummies
  • You Can Be Happy No Matter What
  • The More of Less: Finding the Life You Want Under Everything You Own
  • Timeless Learning: How Imagination, Observation, and Zero-Based Thinking Change Schools
  • Lessons in Leadership
  • هيبتا
  • Fairytale
  • Design the Life You Love: A Guide to Thinking About Your Life Playfully and with Optimism
  • The End We Start From

News & Interviews

“Depression is being trapped in the past. Anxiety is being trapped in the future.” 0 likes