Start by marking “Starr Valentine” as Want to Read:
Starr Valentine

Starr Valentine

What happens when the beautiful swan becomes the ugly duckling?

Starr Valentine has a perfect life in Middleton, Ohio. She was named captain of the cheer squad, her mother finally allowed her to get highlights, and the cutest boy in school asked her to homecoming. But everything comes crashing down when she finds out her parents are actually monarchs in exile from a myster
Published March 10th 2016 by Inkspell Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Starr Valentine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Starr Valentine

S.J. Abbo
Mar 25, 2016 rated it really liked it

„…great read - I highly recommend it....“

That's all I have to say!!! Thanks for reading my review.

description

The author will understand this!

description

When you begin to love selfish, vain, shallow, spoiled sixteen-year-old brat, then you know the author is good at her (his) job.

„…great read - I highly recommend it....“

That's all I have to say!!! Thanks for reading my review.

description

The author will understand this!

description

With her Sweet-Sixteen just a moment away, the most popular gay in school her homecoming dance date, and her head cheerleader status; not to mention her one popularity, Star is the happiest girl on planet Earth.

description

And then, from nowhere her parents tell her they move, not in another town, not in another state but on another fricking planet.

description

STARR FATHER: „Weith Star, don't panic! You see, you mother is queen of the planet Vega, and we all must go back there because…………………“

STARR: „Yeah, yeah, yeah! You are aware that I don't listen to you anymore, right?“

description

Of course, she is a thrill and believe that is exactly what she deserve.

description

And then, on the starship, on her way to the even better new life, she starts to realize something is not quite right.

And all of her greatest fear comes to life when they finally arrive on Vega.

Disney - PRETTY

Starr realizes that on this planet everything is different.

description

She said one sentence that explains everything.

„I don't know how not to be pretty!“

It's all she thinks she is, and all that everybody else is thinking about her all her life. She doesn't know what is she if not a pretty, popular girl.

And that is sad.

There is some traveling in a spaceship, little romance, some thinking, learning and growing up. Little action, and one thing I must mentions, big loving sister.

description

To the end of the book, heroine went long way from the girl at the beginning. Of corse with the help of one great guy who see more in her.

description

I must say I love this Vega planet. Thay have really HOT men in there who love they, women, to be curvy, and real.

description

In my next life, I want to be Veganes.

NO, not That not eating meat kind of vegans!!!

description

This book is for all young teenage girl out there. The author sends a message to them trough nice, and interesting story.

Why not more stars than, you ask?

Because it just too juvenile for me. It's good, but not like the authors other YA book

Tiger Lily

***Kindle book received as gifts from the author in exchange for an honest review***
Suze Lavender
Mar 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Starr Valentine has it all, she's pretty, she's popular and her parents have enough money to give her anything she wants to have. She's looking forward to homecoming and she's going out with the cutest boy in her school. She's head cheerleader, which she enjoys very much. Everybody thinks she's gorgeous. Starr's sister Astra hasn't got those stunning looks, she's the plain big sister who's always in Starr's shadow. Starr likes all the attention people are giving her and she doesn't want anything ...more
Donnielle Tyner
Apr 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Starr Valentine is your typical popular high school girl. She's beautiful, spoiled, the hottest guy asked her to homecoming - where she expects to be announced Queen. Her sister - Astra - isn't as lucky in the looks department, but she has maturity and kindness in spades. When their mother announces that they are aliens and will be returning to their home planet, Starr is ecstatic. She always knew she was princess and now it will be official, but everything on their home world is not what Starr ...more
Alexis Prue
May 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Usually I get very easily disengaged when it comes to reading novels where the protagonist is bratty, spoiled, selfish, gorgeous, and young. I think to myself its just going to be another book where she is rude and selfish and thinks shes all that then something dramatic is gonna happen and then things are gonna change and shes gonna be nice, blah blah blah we know the rest. Well this story was different.

I'm gonna spare some details because you must read this book:

Starr V
Steph
Apr 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Inner beauty is the true kind of beauty. Looks will go away but what is inside will remain forever. Have you ever heard any of these sayings? I have heard them so many times and, as cliché as they sound, every one of them is truth. In a society that tends to forget the meaning of true beauty and the value of kindness, being yourself, and a good heart, Wende Dikec presents us with a marvelous adaptation of The Ugly Duckling.
Starr is the perfect material for
Morgan Barton
Mar 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I adored Starr Valentine!
From the beginning of the book I was chuckling and thoroughly enjoying myself.
I kept reading snippets to my family who even loved it. They usually despise when I read parts of my books as they aren't readers by choice usually. LOL
But they loved it as well.
I love how Starr starts out as beautiful but she is also selfish, thoughtless and doesn't have much insight about true beauty at first.
She even believes her mother and sister to be unattrac
Ei Hla
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have had this book for a while now and I was really conflicted on wheather or not I should read this book. I thought it might just be one of those cheesy books where the main character will change dramatically and realize the mistake that they made in the past. But it turn out to be a great read that I enjoyed so much. Of course I was correct when I guessed that the main character Starr will have to learn from her mistakes but it was more because she grow to become a better person and realized ...more
Recipe Fairy
May 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this spunky book! I have to admit that at first, I completely hated Starr and her self-absorbed petty airhead attitude. The author does a spectacular job of exposing the mind of a bubblehead teenager. However, it was very interesting to enter the world of Vega and experience their different standards of beauty and culture. The complexity of the society was very intricate and appealing to me! It was very intriguing to slowly see Starr get a much needed attitude adjustment! Wi ...more
Mary Anne Ross
Dec 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
A good pick for teen fiction, especially for young women. It' so nice to read about how young women's looks fade when they show vanity and self-absorption and blossom as they demonstrate such traits as kindness and intelligence. I enjoyed the development of Starr's character and of the friendship between the two sisters. Starr Valentine is a bit predictable but its charm is not eclipsed by the predictability. Quintessential Wende Dikec with a touch of sarcastic humor.
Bailie
Jul 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It took me longer to get into it but once I was into it I was hooked and there was no turning back. There were things in it that I didn't expect to happen and that kept me on my toes but it didn't help that my mom had already read it and wouldn't tell me what was going on. It was very descriptive and easy to paint pictures in my head which is one of the things that I love about this book.
Nadine
May 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Starr Valentine was really a refreshing fun read, for me it read like I was watching clueless again on Netflix. It made me smile, it made me laugh and it even made me sad at times.

To be honest, at first I did not know what to expect, I thought it was going to be something somewhat fun and silly and enough to distract me from my piles of work for a few hours. But, it was really something more…

Full review: http://www.amkindabusy.com/2016/05/16...
Annie
Jan 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Starr Valentine delves into the problem of living a superficial life and allowing physical appearance to affect how you view yourself and others. A great book for tweens and teens to read in modern America.
Christy Dioguardi
Jun 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved the book! Wende has a unique ability to draw a reader into her story where one truly begins to know and care for the characters. She has you laughing one minute and crying the next. I recommend any book written by Wende!
Connie Stauber
Mar 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Starr

Great job Wende, loved this book and ready for another adventure with one of your books, what is next to read?
Janet DeCastro
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
YA, Speculative Fiction

Starr Valentine has it all: beauty, friends, fashion sense, popularity galore. But "life" throws her a curve ball that she can't dodge. Her family is from another planet and it's time to head home, her real home! Starr's world is turned upside down and inside out. This can't be happening!

Starr discovers her real inner beauty and talent(s)-- that saves her family and gives her what her heart desires.

Maria Thomas
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Such a great read! I am no longer a teenager or a young adult, but I still enjoyed this book by Wende Dikec. She really has a way of creating an atmosphere and story that just pulls you in and doesn't want to let you put the book down until you complete it. Should definitely be on your reading list.
Jody Shugertj
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enticing novel! You can't put it down once you start!
Stephanie Claypool
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Reading Wende's books makes me wish I was a teen again. I can't remember any (of the many) I read back then which were so much fun and Starr Valentine didn't disappoint. Even though Starr is spoiled and selfish, she's impossible not to like. And the planet Vega?!? We could all benefit from a nice long stay on that planet, even if we aren't princesses. Thank you Wende for giving me another thoroughly enjoyable afternoon.
Jeanie
Apr 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
"Star Valentine"
By: Wende Dikec

"I received an advanced copy in exchange for an honest review"

I have read other YA novels that had a lot more sexual activity, violence and dark matters. This will feel totally vanilla to those who enjoy a more mature theme but I would say to most of those readers: "Everyone still likes a good Cinderella Story". Kudos to Wende for keeping our kids young.

Packed full of powerful life lessons, Wende Dikec has written a great s
Gabby (What's Beyond Forks?)
May 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed

Full Review at: What's Beyond Forks?

Starr Valentine by Wende Dikec is a story with so much to offer its readers. I love, love, loved it! The book really sent out some good messages for all of us, and it did it without being boring. To me, this was the ideal young adult book, with everything I love from humor to romance. Starr Valentine was an otherworldly coming of age story with well built characters who grew throughout the story as they learned more about love, friendship, and life. I was s
Nancy Eck
Jun 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Nerdycats
Apr 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
At first I didn't like Starr, because she was mean, but now I like her. Yesterday I pretended that my toy cat was a marmasou. If you don't know what a marmasou is, you better read the book and find out!
Kathleen Strozyk
21st Century Aesops Fable All Young Women Should Read

Wonderfully written book that keeps your interest throughout. Good story, well developed characters and a message to takeaway at the end. I would highly recommend for all girls!
Kathleen Hartman

• Second Chance at Zion
  • Soul Bites
  • The Guardian
  • Savage Cinderella
  • Circle of Influence (Zoe Chambers Mysteries, #1)
  • We All Fall Down
  • Bell, Book, and Murder
  • Anyone Can Get an A+: How to Beat Procrastination, Reduce Stress and Improve Your Grades
  • When Fully Fused (Schasm #3)
  • The Heart Remembers
  • The Blue Eyes Trilogy Complete Collection (Blue Eyes, #1-3)
  • Waters of Change
  • Corduroy Takes a Bow
  • Beyond the Plains (World of Myth #1)
  • Argenterra (Silverlands, #1)
National award winning author Wende Dikec writes Young Adult speculative fiction with romantic and humorous elements. An avid traveler who spent many years abroad, she now lives in a small town in Pennsylvania with her husband, three sons, a puppy named Capone, and a very well used espresso machine.