Start by marking “The Con Artist” as Want to Read:
The Con Artist

The Con Artist

Saskia Roth is the stereotypical starving artist. She's failed as an original artist. She's failing as a reproduction artist. So why not try con artist?

A local art collector and tech tycoon with far too much money for his own good has taken Saskia's bait. She's promised to steal a nude he covets from a private collector, but plans to substitute her own forgery instead.
Published January 16th 2016 by Burlesque Press

To ask other readers questions about The Con Artist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Con Artist

Start your review of The Con Artist
Aleatha Romig
I LOVE Kitty Thomas books.

I LOVE that they aren't sweet and many don't end with a conventional HEA...it is what she writes. Seeing reviews that take away stars for that is insane. If you want an HEA, I recommend you find another author. If you want BDSM at its finest. If you want unimaginable situations and truly twisted characters. If you want a storyline that will stay with you for days, weeks or months after you read THE END...then Kitty is for you!

Con Artist was no exception. Truly some of
Elle
2.5 ~ 3 STARS!

I'm struggle to rate this. Honestly, all Kitty Thomas' book made me struggle. Hahaha... She created unconventional world of BDSM relationship. She's one of my fave authors that pushed me out of my comfort zone. I'm rarely read Master/slave relationship because it was too much for me. But Ms. Thomas has brilliant mind with something different than others. She's definitely my must read :)

Saskia Roth is a struggle and poor artist who set up her con for Lachlan Niche. But he isn't just
Cécile Smits
Kitty Thomas is one of those very few authors that can reach down into your soul,find the darkest corners,and feed the burning need that resides there.
The Con Artist is one of those stories that find that spot,over and over again.

Saskia is a starving artist who turned to conning the unsuspecting client.
And when word got around she did a pretty good forging,she used it to her advantage.
So when Lachlan Niche asked her to forge ánd steal a Quill,she was ready to con him out of his money.
Stealing
Spynonu
Jan 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-f, bdsm
I like Kitty Thomas books. I like the dark. I like the kink. I like that uncertainty. The Con Artist starts out great and I was hoping for a clever mix of the conned playing the con and then vice versa but... The con is run and it doesn't quite play out as I expected. After the con, the book gets stuck. The story plays out but the characters don't really grow or change. After the con Saskia is an empty shell. She rarely utters a "Yes Sir" that isn't stuttered out. What happened the woman who ...more
Nika
Jan 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, po-angielsku, 2016
Wow. I'm speechless. I don't even know what to think and feel. What a mindf*ck. Kitty Thomas at her best.
Tish Cocktails & Fairytales
Wow! This book was amazing and crazy!! It was exciting, hot, twisted and emotional. Thinking she'd pulled of the perfect con Saskia starts a new life far away but nothing is as it seems. She may have been the one that was conned by the mysterious Lachlan and the price for her crime may be more than she ever bargained for.
Nadine Bookaholic
I have an amazing giveaway going on right now on my blog from Author Kitty Thomas, check it out along with an excerpt of THE CON ARTIST here: https://nadineisobsessedwithbooks.blo...
Debra
Jan 29, 2016 rated it liked it
First off I need to say swapping or sharing is not my thing...I can do a threesome if written well but I like them to have feelings for one another. Qwill shared her a lot and I mean a lot. At his party's she was the party favor, he pimped her out and told her Marcus(his bodyguard,driver) had all rights to her body except penetration and I must say I thought Marcus was kinder toward her. Saskia gave up so easy, it was sad to watch. I knew going in that this was not a romance and I had to keep ...more
Heather
Jan 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Say
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was ok
This is only my second book from the author, Comfort Food being the first. Lemme just say I enjoyed that than this one. Don't get me wrong, I liked the premise of the story. But the way it was executed it wasn't as riveting as Comfort Food. The reason why I kept reading it was I wanted to know if the story gets better. Or if the characters would finally have that connection I was waiting for from the start.

I don't know I just felt weird after reading this. I know Saskia is to lose herself along
Traci Odom
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dark...

...and tantalizing, at times confusing, but only within the context of the emotional ride Kitty Thomas took me on in this book. I found that I needed to keep reading and am oddly and satisfyingly dissatisfied. I am anxious for the next installment. Please, I hope there is another installment.
The Dark Newsletter.com
SALE
On sale for maybe a limited time.

dark

One #newrelease, one #bargain, and one #freebie almost every day!

Visit our Website

Follow us on Instagram!
Kelly
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: loved-it
WOW! This story of the con artist was devastatingly gut wrenching. Saskia is caught in Quills crazy world if art and BDSM. There is no escape for her from him kinky messed up world.
Kitty Thomas writes books with soul and heartache.
Just Let Me Read ~ Kathy
Jan 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So... Yeah... A review. Not sure how to do this when my brain is still scrambled from the mind f**k I experienced yesterday from this extremely talented and amazing author. I have read every Kitty Thomas book there is and impossible as it seems, this one is even better. Each one she releases is always even better, despite the excellence of her previous releases. Wow. Just Wow. I had things I needed to do yesterday. I jumped on FB for just a minute and saw the post for this new release, one ...more
Kitty
Jul 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Kitty Thomas, never failing to shock and intrigue me. Although there seems to be a difference in tone from other Thomas' novels. Everything about The Con Artist continued to pull me in. I could not get enough...especially of Lachlan!
Donna
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow wow wow!!!!!!
Mind fu@king, twisted, dark, kinky, smoking hot read....
this is hard to explain in words so I'm not going to try JUST READ THIS STORY AND YOU WILL UNDERSTAND
loved loved loved this
Becca
Jan 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another fantastic Kitty book that will end up on my favourites shelf.
Ri
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

From the readers for this book, I was hooked. I was not prepared for this. There was so much depth to this that at times, it hurt to read. So many layers to the characters and what they were experiencing.

This almost bordered on obsession but there was still a connection. While it kept me engrossed it also frustrated me. I understand different levels of link but, and this is a big but, I didn't understand the need to sharing Saskia. Yes, the decision was hers but was it really? Would
Amanda Anderson
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you arent a Kitty fan, what are you reading? I devoured this book from the moment I opened it to the last page! I loved every single second and I want more! I loved Quill. Honestly I didnt think I would when I first read the reviews. HINT: DONT READ REVIEWS! Saskia had such an attitude (like me) no wonder I loved her so much. I just want to go in my little Kitty bubble & read my Kitty books and be left alone.
Karen
Mar 03, 2016 rated it it was ok
Not a favorite. I know with Kitty Thomas books you might not get a traditional HEA. Hell, you might not even get a HEA, but you usually get some sort of feelings coming from the characters, especially the anti-hero, but I did not like Quill at all. There was nothing about him that made me understand why Saskia stayed with him. So he was a great artist, big deal! He was weak, in my opinion. He let some woman who obviously didn't care about him, continue to run his life, and ruin his relationship ...more
Dar
Jan 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As always, blown away and left with the lingering 'what now?' the authour excels at! Truly a master of the genre that no other can touch and leaving me with time needed to digest before reviewing

I'll be back later when my brain has had time to absorb it all in.....

And I'm back, after a re-read 3 1/2 years later, and it was just as earth shattering this time as last. And while I knew the outcome, I was just as enthralled

This is a classic Kitty Thomas story, in that, you have no idea what to
NhaughtyV says Damn the Zon Save the Reviews
I still think my mind is twisted trying to figure out how to review this story. If you are a fan of Kitty Thomas, you know that she has a talent for writing dark and twisted stories that push your boundaries, and make you crave more. Comfort Food is still my fav, but this one is a close second.

The Con Artist is not a story for everyone. If you are looking for sunshine and rainbows with a happily ever after, keep looking. If you are looking for something that will completely mess with your mind
Louise
Jan 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
They were each their best when they were together... artistically at least. Outside the art, they were a tangled mess destroying each other. And it only grew more perverse the longer it went on.

Everytime I read a Kitty Thomas book, it always left me wrung up and broken hearted and yet I still crave it. So far, her works are the only ones I'm able to read that usually doesn't end in a good vibe (which I'm quite fine by it) , although that subtle romance or is it just my imagination?
Pam
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this....as I have most of Kitty Thomas' books. This has some dub-con, but while not an easy read, is compelling and it pulled me right in. If you like capture stories, obsession and BDSM, I'd recommend this.
Stephanie
Jan 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark, bdsm
Very enjoyable dark, beautiful read.
Hannah
Jan 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
Very dark. I kept reading out of morbid curiosity. Fascinating character study.
Z
Feb 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I just cannot get over how amazing Kitty's books are!
Charisse Lyn
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you were an aspiring artist with the ability to replicate legal copies - aka high end forgeries without the jail time - of almost any art in the world, would you risk everything by willingly stealing an original of your favorite artist, hanging a forgery in its place, and handing the original over to a man with bottomless pockets just because he wanted it but the current owner wouldn't sell it? Or would you leave the original where it is, hand him a forgery, and run off with his money?

Saskia
Jules
Christina
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
*I received this book as a gift in exchange for my honest opinion.

If you've never read a Kitty Thomas book, this may be a good one to start with. This book was originally released back in 2016, but she's re-releasing it because...SURPRISE this occurs in the same world as her upcoming release "The Escape Artist" in January 2020. I realized I hadn't yet read this one, so here I am.

Saskia is an artist who's trying to recover from a devastating fire that destroyed all of her original work. Since
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Indiscreet (The Agency Dark Affairs Duet Book 1)
  • Wicked Wish (Wicked Horse Vegas, #2)
  • The Initiation (Filthy Rich Americans, #1)
  • The Deception (Filthy Rich Americans, #3)
  • Ruined (His For A Week, #5)
  • No Safeword
  • Claiming My Sweet Captive (Captive series #1.5)
  • No Broken Beast (Heroes of Heart’s Edge, #3)
  • The Thing About Trouble (Crystal Lake, #1)
  • Due South (The Compass #5)
  • Rough Cowboy
  • Cold Queen
  • Mr. Dirty (London Billionaire, #3)
  • The Obsession (Filthy Rich Americans, #2)
  • The Living Canvas (Master of Trickery Duet, #2)
  • Manhandled
  • Cocky Playboy
  • Swallow Me Whole
NEW RELEASE: THE CON ARTIST with exclusive bonus content (Escape Artist Teaser Scene: over 2k words), Signed books And HUGE Rafflecopter over $200 value! http://bit.ly/2WZQNe2

PRE-ORDER THE ESCAPE ARTIST: blurb, pre-order links, here https://kittythomas.com/book/the-esca...

KITTY THOMAS began publishing in early 2010 with her bestselling COMFORT FOOD and is considered one of the original authors
“you have to stop painting what you think the world wants to see and start painting what you actually have to say.” 0 likes
“Great art isn’t made of stitched together rainbows and kittens. It’s born of anger and despair and frustration.” 0 likes