Start by marking “L'Horizon à l'envers” as Want to Read:
L'Horizon à l'envers

L'Horizon à l'envers

Ou se situe notre conscience ?
Est-ce qu'on peut la transférer et la sauvegarder ?
Hope, Josh et Luke, étudiants en neurosciences, forment un trio inséparable, lié par une amitié inconditionnelle et une idée de génie. Lorsque l'un des trois est confronté à une mort imminente, ils décident d'explorer l'impossible et de mettre en oeuvre leur incroyable projet.

Émouvante, mystér
Published February 11th 2016 by Robert Laffont

Start your review of L'Horizon à l'envers
Maria Carmo
Magic! I missed the "magic" Marc Levy books! And this one was definitely in that range... Hope and Josh... their love finding new ways to survive... I am not going to include any spoilers, because I would like each of you to be able to enjoy the wonderful "Marc Levy Experience" without any preconceived ideas! Just LOVED IT!!!!!! And read its circa 400 pages in less than 48 hours (beacuse I have to work, on holiday I believe I would not have stopped!).

Maria Carmo,

Lisbon , 11 April 2017.
Forest Collins
Mar 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Marc Levy's books are light reading, often with a fantastical or magical element, and often feel like a screenplay for a popular movie. This one isn't much different: following three neuroscience students as they pursue their studies and research artificial intelligence, recording memories, and eventually cryogenics and memory recovery. Given some of the topics it touches, it might make you think about life's "big questions" a bit more than your standard easy read. If you want a little brain can ...more
MarjorieBrd
Aug 01, 2019 rated it liked it
« Tu sais mon Josh, les petits moments de la vie, et beh, ils sont pas petits du tout. »

actual rating: 3.5 stars

i,,,, did not expect to give L’horizon à l’envers more than 2 stars but here we are.

hope, the main character, was so unbearable at first. this girl was so fake woke, i actually laughed out loud a few times. she’s the first person to scream bloody murder because of sexism but then slut-shamed literally e v e r y single women who she crossed path with???. like really, every single
Wassermann
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
I don't like the 2. part. Marc Levy probably never thought about ethic issues. Josh basically killed the girl so that Hope could be relive. And she doesn't feel a little bit sorry and guilty for the parents.
Trish Hughey
Sorry, because I wanted to like this . but it was so corny. Their “meet cute” romance, her reverse father-daughter relationship with her father, her clichéd outburst in the church .........the whole thing was predictable and just not very interesting.
Alexandra Trs
Kirill Smirnov
On the whole, it's a nice, warm and pleasant book about love.

The heroes fall in love, accumulate sweet memories, meet with difficulties and overcome them together.

Except there are a few details that spoil this cuteness.

Hope, who both of the protagonists fall in love with, acts like a bitch in the first third of the book.
He teases Josh (because she can't figure out if she wants to be with him), insults Luke's girlfriend just because of her looks, jealous of her father's new girlfriend. It's n
Ellie
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sweet sweet novel.

First time reading Marc Levy and I recommend it to people who like romance.

This book is quite easy and enjoyable to read, and you don't really have to be afraid to forget the story after pausing the reading for a couple of weeks. The love story is just incredible and strong.
I'm the kind of person who likes a book because of its ending and I was moved by "L'horizon à l'envers"s ending. I could just feel the emotions of the characters. And the way I pictured it along with the au
Laure
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five fucking stars. If possible I would have given it a million stars. Everything about this book is just outstanding, the writing, the characters and the story itself. I don't know about you, but I can never put into words what I felt reading a book. I tried so many times to write this review again, but I just can't find the right words to describe this book.

It's the first book written by Marc Levy that I read, and I sure as hell will be reading more of his perfect creations!
Brad Gosche
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a refreshing change from Marc Levy’s mastered, normal cookie-cutter novel (that has, frankly, become a bit way too obvious). This book was a good step away from what he’s done before, with just a tiny bit of the fantasy/mystique left there to remind you that he wrote it. I really enjoyed this one and, because of all of the technical terminology, I got to practice (read, learn) neuroscience, medical, and other highly scientific vocabulary.
Thao Vu
May 07, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I am a big fan of Marc Levy, but this book doesn't seem to be writen for me. I found it too complicated with too much detail on medical, I found it hard to understand. It takes half of the book to go into the main situation.
Juliette
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
When you're reading this book you can have a lot of feelings at the same time, a warm feeling, you're happy & you're smiling and the next page you're crying with all your tears.. I found this book very touching... ...more
Dolly Louvois
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
A wonderful book. The first few pages were a bit too much. Too much technical, scientific vocabulary. But petit à petit, I entered into the horizon of Levy. I laughed with Hope, cried with Josh...and didn't want the novel to end...Too good. Devoured it in 3 hours !
Dar
Jul 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
i wasn't really engaged in the beginning. the story seemed like some boring stem thing. but the ending absolutely killed me and left me unsatisfied and empty inside. i'm gonna go cry in the corner 'cause i need more. i loved it and i will definitely reread it someday.
Oanh
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book made I understand what is true love. Not time or death can seperate two who love each other truely.
Micheline
Jul 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Marc Levy knows how to tell a story. It seemed predictable from te beginning but the end had a nice twist.
Wendy Lee
Oct 14, 2017 rated it liked it
This book stays true to why we write in first place- so that good things can last. Even after death.
Dzung Ho
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a medical student, this is an amazing combination of science and romance. Awe - interesting book!
Marie-France Leclerc
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Marc Levy is one if my favourite author. Every time I read one of his novel, I become part of another world in which everything is possible, where hope becomes reality.
Huế Nguyễn Hkt
Magical !!
Alexandra Antonovici
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yet another fantastic story with tears and hope
Catalina
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So far my favorite book! It is funny, cute and a quite original love story.
Definitely a must!!
nikoma
Mar 03, 2019 rated it liked it
I read the Chinese translation. It reminds me of the 1970 novel “love story”.
Nour amr
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
I do not like this kind of book, it was boring for me so I did not enjoy the moment when I read this novel, I just ended by curiosity
Geanina Elena Andriesanu
Jun 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful!
Lộ Dương
3,2 stars
Claire
Feb 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
I was not convinced at the beginning of the book and thought of putting 2 stars but the last part made liked it. :)
Chantal
May 25, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: marc-levy
I didn't like it to morbid.
Sabrina Drouin
Jul 05, 2016 added it
Recommends it for: everyone who love love story
I really liked this book, it is true that it is long in the beginning but then I completely give up hours and hours reading. I will absoluty recommend because no one regret after reading this book !
Hala
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
cute ending but maybe a bit too cute and really unrealistic also kinda cheesy

• L'instant présent
  • La vie secrète des écrivains
  • La fille de Brooklyn
  • Le parfum du bonheur est plus fort sous la pluie
  • J'ai dû rêver trop fort
  • Demain
  • Un appartement à Paris
  • Il est grand temps de rallumer les étoiles
  • Ne lâche pas ma main
  • Le premier jour du reste de ma vie
  • Seras-tu là?
  • The Reunion
  • Tu comprendras quand tu seras plus grande
  • Maman a tort
  • Train d'enfer pour Ange rouge (Franck Sharko #1)
  • J'ai toujours cette musique dans la tête
  • La fille de papier
  • La vie est un roman
Marc Levy was born in France. When he turned eighteen, he joined the Red Cross, where he spent the next six years. In 1983, he created a computer graphics company based in France and the United States. Six years later, he co-founded an interior design and planning company with two friends; the company soon became one of the leading architecture firms in France.

At thirty-seven, Marc Levy wrote a st