Start by marking “Happily Ever Now (Happily Ever After, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Happily Ever Now (Happily Ever After, #0.5)

Happily Ever Now

(Happily Ever After 0.5)

Wedding planner Everly Vaughn has three rules for a Happily Ever After:
1. Find a nice guy.
2. Make sure he passes the BFF test.
3. Never—no matter how much you like him—engage the Player (aka Austin, your best friend’s brother).

What happens if you don’t follow them? A Happily Ever Now. (Those don’t last.)

Too bad Ever doesn’t follow her own rules.
ebook
Published January 16th 2016 by Turning Leaves Press

To ask other readers questions about Happily Ever Now, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Happily Ever Now

TeriLyn
Jan 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

**Happily Ever Now generously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.**

4 "...I keep hoping you'll say yes." Stars

What a fun little novella. Happily Ever Now starts the love story between Ever, a romantic wedding planner, and Austin, a life-time player/reality star. With an enthusiastically sweet cast of characters, a heroine who wants all her ducks in a row and the player who she won't admit she's attracted to this short story introducing us into their lives set up for a potenti
K.
Trigger warnings: (view spoiler)

31/12/2018
Reread in preparation for the next book in the series. Nearly three years later, it's still a delightful little set up for the first book in the series and I cannot wait to keep reading. Also, the friendships are fantastic.

8/1/2016
I had the pleasure of beta reading this prequel short story for Jen, and while adult romance isn't usually my thing in terms of books, I *am* a sucker for a good friends-to-lovers story. This one is ba
Lola
I received a copy in exchange for an honest review

What a great introduction to Jen Meyers her new series this is! It's a prequel, so yes it's short and doesn't give you the whole story, but it serves well as introduction to the series and to Ever her story. It gives you a feel for the characetrs and this series and I really enjoyed it. I was a bit afraid that Ever would only get a novella for her story, but this is only the start of her story and book 1 will be about her as well.

I am so excited
Zan
Jan 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Will Ever get her Happily Ever After?! The Happily Ever Now Novella has me waiting impatiently to find out how her story ends.
Whilst you guess how Happily Ever Now will play out the great writing and characters make this book impossible to put down down and wishing for more. Can't wait for the Valentines release of the book - what a great release date!
Another great series from Jen Meyers.
♥ Kym
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Marry-Me-Right-Here-Right-Now stars!

I like this prequel of Happily Ever After. Austin has a reputation of America's famous playboy with his reality show (dating a lot of women) but Ever seems to be immune from his charms. These 2 became best of friends since their teenage years, and the story in this prequel explains how things started to feel awkward when the two decided to choose the Happily Ever Now
Bria Daly
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute!
khulhet24
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is like a great appetizer that will make you expect for a very amazing meal for the night. It was a great starter that makes you regret why you read this book without the next one yet.

As early as I started the book, I already fell in love with Ever and ofcourse Austin. OMG! Those lines! Even at the start, I already felt that those lines were not meant as a joke but still taken as one just because of what he do and what happened with his dad.

I think that the way Jen wrote this was just ama
sree
Feb 25, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
[**Warning: this text may contain spoilers.**]
Link to Amazon [http://www.amazon.com]

Link to Steve Jobs [http://www.amazon.com/Steve-Jobs-Walt... ]
Link to J.K.Rowling [https://www.goodreads.com/author/show... ]

This is bold text. [This is bold text ]
This is italic text. [This is italic text ]
This text is underlined. [This is underlined text ]
This text is striked out. [This is striked out text ]
This is block quote [
This is block quote text
]
This would be a new paragraph on GR.com but not
Sandy Caltagirone
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS BOOK! Sorry for yelling but this is a great prequel to Happily Ever After! I cannot wait to read Happily Ever After-this prequel pulled me in very fast! I love the characters-you actually feel like you know them-or at least you want to get to know them. I would love to have some of Ever's friends-they seem great and REAL! That's what I really liked. The fact that you feel like you know someone who is just like one of the characters in the book. There was only one downfall ...more
BooksAmL
Jan 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have received this short novel in an exchange for an honest review, it had to take more time to put it up because i am afraid to give to much away from the book. Giving the book only 4 stars because it book its so close to the Happily Ever After book 1 from the series first few chapters. Also because it ends the way it does.

This is a small romance novel that while reading you can assume some of the events that will happen and also wish for some of the romance. Although Everly Vaughn is tryin
♥ Amanda
Jan 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-books
I received a copy of Happily Ever Now from the author in exchange for an honest review.

What a cute short story! Happily Ever Now is the prequel to Happily Ever After, and it introduces us to Everly, Austen, Lucky and the rest of the girls. For some reason, the old series The Babysitters Club came to my mind at the beginning of this book. Maybe it was because the close group of friends that grew up together? Not sure, but not gonna lie, I'm a bit jealous of anyone that has that sort of friendshi
Bia
Jan 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
I receive a copy in exchange for an honest review.

This is a great start for any story. You have a girl that knows what she wants in a relationship, and seems to understand a person can't change with time. That is our main female character, Everly: loves her job as a wedding planner, has a support system made of a group of girlfriends, and wants a Happily Ever After for her and every person she knows.
Austin is Ever's guy friend and brother of her closest friend. He is a little older than her, has
Teri
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I immediately liked this book because I saw my name as a character on the FIRST page! She turned out to be a minor character, but that was okay. The names of the characters seemed a bit odd at first, but then I recalled my younger brother and sister's generation of schoolmates names - the parents of the twentysomething's certainly have repeated the unique name cycle. The novella is easy to read, gets you interested, and leaves you wanting more - waiting on the next book! I don't like to post too ...more
Miranda
Jan 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Such a nice, little peak Jen has given us into the world of Everly Vaughn and playboy Austin. They are perfect best friends, meeting every Sunday for coffee to catch up and are only friends! Only friends…seriously…except there is something there…under all of it…waiting to bust out (and I can’t wait!)

Everly has a boyfriend; why would she be interested in Austin. Austin is a playboy; why would he want a serious girlfriend. And, Austin is Everly’s best friends brother so it could never happen. Exce
Ivi
Jan 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Happily Ever Now is a prequel of novella Happily Ever After and it was very fast and sweet read. In this short prequel we meet Austin , Ever and their friends and familly and I think that this is great start of romance between Ever and Austin.I can't wait to see how romance between Austin and Ever will deweloped in second book because it ended with some complications as in every romance should.
I love Jen Meyers writeing style and her books are always pleasure to read.The only reasom I'm giving t
DCT
Feb 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sweet way to set up our HEA!

Now this is a short, yet oh so sweet story of an ensemble of friends that all care for each other, and as always there when the other needs someone to care. Everly is the cornerstone of this ensemble, and lovers of romance, such as myself, know where her story is headed, but it's the journey that is oh so much fun. Looking forward to experiencing this series.
Mary Mccormack
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I an ARC for a honest review. I would best compare this book to a piece of wedding cake. I took a nice big bite on my fork and just as I get my first little taste of the frosting all of sudden somebody yanked the whole thing out of my hand.... So many directions this story. Can go and now the impatient waiting game for the next book to see where it goes. VERY WELL written and made me laugh, but ready to go on with the story.
Gina Denny
Shelves: contemp
Friends-to-lovers stories are some of my favorites (second only to fate-keeps-throwing-us-together stories) and Jen has written a perfectly adorable one right here. This is just a teaser novella, but it does a perfect job of setting up the stakes of the "real" story yet to come. I know what the main conflict is going to be (and it is going to be GOOD) and I can't wait to see how this all gets fixed.
Christie Freet
Jan 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a quick little novella. A prequel to her soon to be released full novel. It was engrossing and entertaining. I enjoyed it thoroughly and look forward to rest of this new series from Jen Myers. Be aware this is a short novella and a prequel. All storylines stay open for the upcoming book. If you know that going in, you'll be quite happy with this page turner!
Amy
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love It! Very fun book to read! I love the way the author gives you a beautiful, irristable story to get hooked on and leaves you asking "what next"? I can't wait to find out in the next book!

The writing is charismatic, irristable, and funny!!! I couldn't put it down! If you're looking for a fun but quick read then this is a book for you! It has something everyone can enjoy!
Carol
Short novella that is the lead up to novel- Happily Ever After. Introduces us to Everly Vaughn a wedding planner , her best friends and Austin Noble (her good friends brother). Charming lead up to book.
Lynn
Oct 26, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book itself I guess was OK! I feel like I'm missing A LOT since it was only 58 pages. :(
Celestia Ason
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Delightful

Reads fast a little repatriation but keeps your interest, you'll want to read the next book for sure, enjoy the writer.
Susan
May 30, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was predictable but cute. I would give it 3.75 stars.
Amanda
Jan 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Cute, fun, predictable, and a good segue into what will be a cute and fun series.

EDIT 12/17/19: I'm doing a Jen Meyers reread of this series and they're all still cute and fun.
G L Meisner
Feb 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
A entertaining story, just waiting for the full novel to come out so the story can be finished.
Glenda Jensen
Feb 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nice, quirky

Enjoyed the pace of this. Gentle, fun and tender. Looking forward to the next book to continue the love story.
Eileen Souza
Great .5 - fun, quick read, 'engaging' characters, a very enjoyable day dream romance.
deborah hill
Jan 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

Love the characters. Fun story. Great author. Looking forward to reading more by this author. Short sweet story with best friends and falling in love
chloegirl
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This little novella had me totally engaged. I dig the authors writing style and writing voice, and I cannot wait to read more of Everly and Austin. So good!

• Second Chances
  • Come Fly With Me
  • Lost: One Pair of Rose Colored Glasses
  • Want (Rekindled, #1)
  • Set Up For Love
  • Indecent... Exposure (Indecent, #1)
  • Undercover Heat
  • Never Ever After (Never #1)
  • Secret of the Staircase (The Virginia Mysteries #4)
  • Heartbreaker
  • Only The Good Die Young
  • Love Today
  • Love, Carry My Bags
  • Just One (Dangerously Dimpled, #1.5)
Jen Meyers grew up in Vermont, spent three years in Germany when she was a kid, and now lives in central New York. When she’s not reading or writing, she’s chasing after her four kids, playing outside, relishing the few quiet moments she gets with her husband, and forgetting to make dinner.

She is the author of the highly-rated Intangible series, a young adult contemporary fantasy, and numerous con

Happily Ever After (2 books)
  • Happily Ever After (Happily Ever After, #1)
  • Yours Truly (Happily Ever After #2)
“frame leaned over the table as he lowered his voice again. “Marry me. Right here. Right now.” I pushed him away. “No.” 0 likes