Start by marking “Down Shift (Driven, #8)” as Want to Read:
Down Shift (Driven, #8)

Down Shift

(Driven #8)

The New York Times bestselling Driven series continues with a standalone story about finding love where you least expect it…

Behind the wheel, racing champion Zander Donavan is at the top of his game. But after too much excess in his personal life, he’s forced to step away. He needs to accomplish something all on his own—outside of his famous father’s shadow.

Getty Ca
Mass Market Paperback, 395 pages
Published October 4th 2016 by Signet

To ask other readers questions about Down Shift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Down Shift

Start your review of Down Shift (Driven, #8)
K. Bromberg
May 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
**Down Shift is as a Complete Standalone Novel**

Getty and Zander.

She is damaged.
He is in denial.

She is running from her past.
He is running from the truth.

Both need time alone.
Both want solitude.
Both hope to make peace with their demons.

Who knew an unexpected meeting in the sleepy town of PineRidge would be exactly what each of them needed?

You may have met Zander briefly in the Driven series but in Down Shift you get to know the man he becomes. He's stubborn. Sweet. Arrogant. Understanding.
Karen Mc
Feb 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
“We were two broken souls in love and maybe our crooked pieces were what made us fit together so perfectly, just like a puzzle…The puzzle I didn’t know I needed, and the puzzle he didn’t know he wanted.” ~Unknown

Have you ever begun and ended a story with tears? The first, last, and so much of the middle of the book render you a wreck, where the tissues are a lifeline, controlling those feels that flow like a river. Those emotions are entangled so deeply where you feel EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. Down S
Michelle
Aug 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Zander!!! EEK!!!!

So we all fell in love with Zander as a little boy in Driven, but now we get to see him as a grown man. And although Zander’s life may have changed for the better, he still has that broken little boy stuck inside of him.

Down Shift is the story of Zander coming to terms with his past while escaping from the disaster that he’s made of his life. While hiding away in a little island town, he stumbles upon Getty Caster. A woman with her own demons and ones that Zander can instantly
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

➦It has been a while since I've read the Driven series by K. Bromberg. And after reading this book I was reminded how much I love her writing. This book, by the way, can totally be read as a standalone so no worries if you haven't read any of the other books in this series.

Getty, our heroine is on the run. From her father and abusive ex-husband, who both are such major assholes they should have won this
description

➦A friend of a friend temporarily lets her stay at a vacation beach property. Getty moves in
Audrey Carlan
May 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Holy hell on wheels! The first chapter...this book had me floored at the first chapter. My jaw dropped, I held my breath, and I thought...no flippin' way!

K. Bromberg absolutely blew me away with Down Shift. I expected it to be fun, and it was. I expected it to be sexy, and it was. I expected it to be well-written, and of course it was. What I did NOT expect was to literally lose hours upon hours of my life lost in the world of Zander and Getty. These two were so real to me it's hard to believe
Kristine GPI Bookblog
GOLD LIPSTICK

"She's beautifully scarred, gorgeously flawed, irresistibly captivating."

I've become very familiar with procrastination lately, in fact it's most evident in the fact that Down Shift has been sitting on my kindle for over a month and yet I couldn't bring myself to read it, this may not seem overly concerning in and of itself unless you know that Down Shift is one of my most anticipated reads of 2016. Bromberg cemented herself as a MUST READ author way back when I picked up Driven fo
A.
4 Stars

Well, hot damn. Our boy Zee is grown up, alright...

I mean, what did I expect? His father is Colton freaking Donavan for God's sake.

And that Prologue... Talk about testosterone overload!

And chapter 34. I can’t even...

This is one of those books where words and emotions overpower the plot and events. The author writes with such intensity and passion that I actually got chills during some scenes.

The only reason I’m not giving it 5 starts is because the first half of the book was a little
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
5 'Our Repair List' Stars!
ARC provided by the publisher via TRSoR Promotions in exchange for an honest review.
 photo Down Shift - K. Bromberg_zpsiqokajik.png

Our dear Zander Donavan has grown! I feel like all of us (K. Bromberg's fangirls) have been waiting for this story since we fell in love with the little man saved by one of my favorite couples ever: Rylee Thomas and Colton Donavan. And, of course, Kristy did not disappoint: she gave her readers another fantastic love story.

Down Shift can be read as a standalone but it also is the eig
Coco.V
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Pure K. Bromberg genius!

This incredible gifted author never fails to impress me. Starting a new K.Bromberg book is always an emotional experience for me, her stories and characters forever touching my heart and making my wildest desires run rampant. Down Shift was no exception. Loved this epic love story that is equally heart-warming as it is heartbreaking.

This is the story of Zander Donovan (Rylee and Colton’s adopted son) and Gertrude « Getty » Caster. Ever since I met Zander in Driven when h
Renita McKinney
Oct 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was sitting here trying to think of what word would mean beyond brilliant…

I checked the dictionary, I called friends, I googled it, I used my thesaurus and even checked with Wikipedia…nothing! Absolutely nothing! And somewhere in the midst of all this research two-words came to mind. Not a verb, not even an adverb, but a name…of a person…that writes books. Kristy Bromberg. Because when Kristy puts pen to paper it is beyond brilliant. It is life-changing.

Down Shift…Kristy, you have the ability
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
5 STARS

“Even if you gave me a hundred reasons why we shouldn’t be together, Getty, I’d still look for the one reason to fight like hell for you. Remember that.”

See that pile of goo right there?
No! Not there! That's the melted ice cream I used to eat my feelings. I'm talking about the other pile. Yes, yes, that one right there. That would be me. Melted into an gooey pile of swoon filled goo. All at the hands of a man with a moody disposition but a heart of gold named Zander and the in
✰ Liz ✰
"I can't knowingly walk you into my storm without showing you where the lighthouse is so you have a way out before you even begin."
description

Down Shift is book 8 in the Driven Series, and the little boy Zander who stole everyone's heart in the first three books of the series is back. Zander isn't a sweet little boy anymore. He is all grown up! Despite his successful career and the unconditional love and support from his family, there are demons from his past that resurface and threaten everything. "Li
Ramona Popescu

If I had the opportunity, I would of given this book more than 5 stars, but I have to respect this rating only in the post, because in my heart, the rating is stellar. This is not my first book from Bromberg, but nothing prepared me for the twister of emotions that I was entering. It blew me away with its intensity and I just can't stop thinking about it.

The story follows Zander and Getty, a couple that suffered in the past. If you read the first 3 books from the Driven series, you know who Zand
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: Down Shift
Series: Driven #8
Author: K. Bromberg
Release date: October 4, 2016
Cliffhanger: No
HEA(view spoiler)

"Everyone’s churning ocean is fueled by a different type of storm.”

When I started reading Down Shift, I had no idea that it would be the type of book that would make me cry. Yes, I actually cried (and more than once). It's been a long time since I've read a K. Bromberg book, and I could really see in that time difference how her writing has matured. The first hal
Sophie's Reading Corner
I LOVED IT!!!! ♥♥♥

Zander and Getty are both running away from their pasts when they meet. Somehow finding each other will help with the now, but what happens when the past and the future comes against with the present?

"Just Jump."

I seriously can't express how much I loved Down Shift!! It was the perfect mixture of sweet, sexy and funny and with angsty parts that make the salt and pepper of a great story! I loved how Zander and Getty met, how their relationship progressed and how no
Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️4.5 STARS for sure!!!

I was a little bit hesitant to pick up this book because I was first introduced to Zander when he was seven years old in Driven by K. Bromberg and it was impossible for me then put him in the book boyfriend category. For me, if I knew you as a child, I can never see you as a book boyfriend, it’s just creepy. That being said… I am so glad I read this book. I just adored Zander.

Everybody has that kid they grew up knowing turn into this really good looking man or woma
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
4.5 'Just Jump' Stars!

Enter the giveaway for a SIGNED paperback HERE

K. Bromberg continues to surprise with this strikingly mature and deeply-felt romance! Although Zander is the son of Colton Donavan from the Driven series, this book can absolutely stand on its own. Down Shift is an incredibly sexy and emotional story. Zander and Getty's book reminds me why I love reading contemporary romance. A definite must-read!

Zander was always one of my favorite characters from the 'Driven' series. He
Lo Bookfrantic
Oct 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: f-br, arc-review-ng
4 Stars

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Spinn off Standalone
First Person - Dual POV

"His love roared loader than my demons. And he made me want to be found again."

This book was about Zander's story who we met on the driven series. He was so young then who witnessed his mother being murder by his own father. He thought he was healed and had past his nightmares but he was so wrong. After a package he received his pain all came back, the nightmares too. He basically shut everyone down and even lost
Denisa
It was cute and all, but damn, was it long!

I admit, I skimmed a bit (ok, maybe a lot).
I don't really know if the book was really long or just boring at times.

The story was cute and I liked the characters so I decided not to DNF it. It had some sweet stuff and some pretty good moments, but can't really say anything more than that. Yeah, it deserves 3 stars, but I can't say it deserves more, it was pretty average.

It's really hard to write a great short romance story, it's even harder to write a
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Oct 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars. The story could've been about half as long as it was and still had the same effect imo but that's neither here nor there. I listened to the audiobook (FOR OVER 15 HOURS lol) and enjoyed it even though I've not read any of the others in the series. The story deals with difficult themes in a very tasteful manner. Getty went to an island to get away and find her strength and Zander needed to figure his life out. Though both were in a bad place when they met, yet they brought out the best ...more
Sarah Elizabeth
(I received a paperback copy of this book for free. Thanks to Little, Brown Book Group LTD.)

“He tastes like beer and mint and lust all in one, and my head is swimming and heart is pumping and holy shit, he’s kissing me. Tempting me. Awakening me.”

This was an adult contemporary romance story featuring a race car driver.

Getty was an okay character and I felt quite sorry for her and the treatment she had received from her father and husband. Zander was pretty charming, and I was glad th
Anne's Corner Book Blog (AC)
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"Everyone's churning ocean is fueled by a different type of storm."

HOLY CRAP!!! This book has me gasping at the very first chapter - what an intense introduction to Zander’s life (hint - an interaction between Zander and his father Colton). It was the perfect set up for the rest of an incredible novel. I am a huge fan of K. Bromberg and I expect nothing less from her – a gorgeous, emotional love story of Zander and Getty. This book took my breath away from beginning until the end. You DO NOT wan
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
4.5 Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

photo 66B5D2DD-B1D7-4963-882F-99FE8ACB6B30_zpsviby9heo.jpg

Zander Donavan is a race car driver living in Los Angeles. He's the adopted son of racing legend Colton Donavan & is Indy's newest Golden Boy. For the first seven years of Zander's life he lived with his birth parents & it was a hard life. When traumatic memories he repressed as a child resurface, Zander goes off the deep end. He's reckless and leaves racing mid season after some controversy & bad behavior.

Needing some clarity & to be somewhere quiet to dea
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
I’m a fan of the Driven series and Down Shift makes a nice addition.

You’ve got two strong main characters, each of whom are at a crossroads in their lives. Zander is forced to face his past and evaluate his priorities when his reckless behavior puts him dangerously close crashing and burning. Getty needs to find independence and confidence after escaping an abusive past.

I enjoyed the progression of their relationship from reluctant roommates to friends to lovers. Zander and Getty are so good tog
1-Click Addict Support Group
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Forced to step away from the track and deal with his mess of a life, Zander’s determined to do something all on his own—without the love and support of his family—to prove to himself he can do it. What he didn’t count on was running into Getty Caster, his new roommate.

Getty’s fighting her own demons. She’s trying to find herself too—find out who the real Getty is after suffering the verbal abuse of her father and ex-husband. Believing she’s found the perfect location to heal from her past, Getty
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s
Link to full review below! Best of 2016! Loved it! See full review on The Book Disciple ...more
Rosa Sharon (iScream Book Blog)
"Yes. No. I don't know."

Yeah, I'm a rebel. I was late to the party, so I started with book #7 in the Driven series. I've been hearing about Colton, but I haven't been properly introduced yet. I must say that there were enough hints about his past in this story that I'm very intrigued and ready to clear my calendar and find time to start the series from the beginning. What can I say, I'm like a broken bad-boy magnet, I just can't resist them.

Getty captured my heart with her strength and sense
Wil Loves Books!
A little disappointed. Review coming soon.
Kate
Oct 15, 2016 marked it as couldnt-finish-dnf
DNF 46% Maybe will be back later.

Series should end with Colton and Rylee long time ago... The inner dialogue is just so freaking long and boring that there is no chance it can hold my attention, doesnt help that i wanted to slap Hero the first 30% of book, him and his stupid smirk. (And I loved Zender in the first books).

Geri Reads
Oct 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Two broken characters meet in this sweet, slow-burning romance. Loved.

Full review to come...

ARC provided by Berkley

• Twice Tempted (Special Ops: Tribute, #4)
  • Rare and Precious Things (The Blackstone Affair, #4)
  • Taming the Storm (The Storm, #3)
  • Royals Series (The Royals, #1-5)
  • My Lord (Rothvale Legacy, #2)
  • Cherry Girl (Neil & Elaina, #1)
  • Wicked Truths (Hunt Legacy Duology, #2)
  • The Invitation
  • Cocky Carpenter (Cocky Hero Club)
  • Until Forever: A Wedding Novella (Special Ops: Tribute, #3)
  • Priceless (Rothvale Legacy, #1)
  • The Sound of Silence
  • Wrecked Palace (Wrecked, #3)
  • Smug Bastard
  • Only One Chance (Only One, #2)
  • Dirty Sexy Sinner (Dirty Sexy,  #4)
  • Destroyed With You (Stark Security, #5)
  • Mr. Beautiful (Up in the Air, #4)
New York Times Bestselling author K. Bromberg writes contemporary novels that contain a mixture of sweet, emotional, a whole lot of sexy, and a little bit of real. She likes to write strong heroines, and damaged heroes who we love to hate but can’t help to love.

A mom of three, she plots her novels in between school runs and soccer practices, more often than not with her laptop in tow.

Since publish

Driven (8 books)
  • Driven (Driven, #1)
  • Fueled (Driven, #2)
  • Crashed (Driven, #3)
  • Aced (Driven, #4)
  • Slow Burn (Driven, #5)
  • Sweet Ache (Driven, #6)
  • Hard Beat (Driven, #7)

Articles featuring this book

Buckle up, readers—K. Bromberg's back on the racetrack. The Driven author shares the books that surprised her, made her fall for "non-alpha jerks,"...
“Men wear the pants in the relationship, but it’s the woman that controls the zipper.” 3 likes
“Anger is the one emotion that makes your mouth work faster than your mind...” 3 likes