Start by marking “Skinnytaste Fast and Slow: Knockout Quick-Fix and Slow-Cooker Recipes for Real Life” as Want to Read:

80+ Under 30 Minute Dishes and 60 Slow Cooker Recipes

The easiest, tastiest, most convenient healthy recipes--ever!

With Skinnytaste Fast and Slow, you can get a nutritious, flavor-packed, figure-friendly meal--complete with a flourless chocolate brownie made in a slow cooker--on the table any night of the week. Gina Homolka, founder of the widely adored blog Skinnytaste,
Published October 11th 2016 by Clarkson Potter

To ask other readers questions about Skinnytaste Fast and Slow, please sign up.
Naomi I have both her cookbooks and have tried numerous recipes out of both. In this cookbook, I just did the Greek Chicken and it was FANTASTIC! I also…moreI have both her cookbooks and have tried numerous recipes out of both. In this cookbook, I just did the Greek Chicken and it was FANTASTIC! I also have done the Italian House Salad and the Asiago Chicken Breasts. This cookbook made this author an immediate buy for me. Both books are my number one go to. Not to mention her blog is now followed by me and I normally am not a huge blog follower. (less)

sue
Mar 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Not brilliant. Some good ones I’d try out. Brilliant illustrations but didn’t excite me to start putting my apron on
etherealfire
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just realized I never reviewed and shelved two out of the three fantastic SkinnyTaste cookbooks I own. Purchased in 2017 and read the same year and have been using the books ever since. Love them all!
Kristie
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, food, gcac_2017
I really enjoyed this cookbook. I love using my slow cooker on busy days and there are several recipes here that I'd like to try. I like that the nutritional information is added for each recipe.

You will need to determine which recipes fit into your version of a healthy diet. Do you avoid cheese or dairy, red meat, etc?? They're in there. This isn't necessarily a low cholesterol or fat or gluten cookbook. It is just a generally healthy recipe cookbook, making it pretty well-rounded. You just ne
Leah Craig
Feb 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
This one looks just as delicious as the other one! Though I'll admit the "fast" part of this cookbook just looks like regular recipes, they don't seem to be significantly quicker to make than the recipes from her first book. Still looks absolutely delicious and I love all the slow cooker options! I can't wait to get this one!
Vicki Willis
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
This cookbook had a lot of different recipes that would either be ready quick or go in the crockpot. There was a good variety of things that my family would actually eat. It uses ingredients I often aleady have in the cupboards and isn't very complicated cooking. There were nice pictures with almost every recipe. The only thing is that there were quite a few recipes that I felt were not very weight loss friendly. I had been looking forward to the fact that the author used to be affiliated with W ...more
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
I've sorta followed Gina's blog SkinnyTaste for several years. Everything that I've made of her recipes has always been a pretty much hit or near hit..so when I saw this cookbook the drooling started. Plus, since starting the new job I have no time for reading or cooking..and that slow cooker part of the book sounded like pure win.
postimage

Drool worthy isn't it?
And these recipes aren't as fat padding as the stuff I normally cook. I don't get the evil eye from the husband and boy child because her reci
Coleen (The Book Ramblings)
Nov 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, food-and-drink
Award-winning blogger and best-selling cookbook author, Gina Homolka, has released her latest cookbook, Skinnytaste Fast and Slow, filled with slow-cooker and quick-fix recipes. I discovered the Skinnytaste website over a year ago, and it quickly turned into a resource to find nutritious and flavorful recipes to prepare at home. I have Homolka’s first cookbook, which is one I always come back to, so when this released, I was looking forward to getting a copy for my collection.

As most cookbooks,
Create With Joy
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Are you looking for a cookbook that can help you achieve your personal and familial health goals – a book featuring mouth-watering recipes that are relatively quick and easy to prepare – a collection that offers a wide range of recipes including vegetarian, gluten-free and freezer-friendly options – and a volume that contains stunning photography and nutritional information as well?

For most authors, this sounds like a tall order to fill, but Skinnytaste Fast And Slow: Knockout Quick-Fix And Slow
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an incredible cookbook - probably the best I've checked out this year. It's all family-friendly dishes that come together in 30 minutes or less; or slow cooked. It's perfect for busy people, and the recipes are very healthy (she also makes them gluten-free, but you don't have to). The recipes push the envelope, flavor-wise but aren't too exotic for most kids and picky eaters. I loved the bunless burgers and the chocolate swirl banana bread. Your family won't realize that they're eating h ...more
Carey
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What can I say...fines are growing at my library! Perhaps I should BUY this book! The soup section is my favorite, and I can attest to some of them being fantastic. Beautiful pictures, great recipes, with nutritional content provided for each one, makes this a book I'll come back to many times!
May 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: nonfiction
This cookbook is not useful for my family. Despite the author's attestations in the introduction, too many of the recipes rely on canned ingredients or are slow-cooker recipes with too many steps. Every slow-cooker recipe I read included pre-cooking some ingredients on the stove, or stirring or otherwise fiddling with the food half-way through cooking... you know, right in the middle of the workday. Several recipes-- more than just a handful-- also rely on specialized equipment I certainly don't ...more
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
A lot of these recipes look really good, but unfortunately my diet has to be very strict at the moment. Even though the calorie counts are low, some of the cholesterol and sugar counts listed are sadly too high for me right now. It's really disappointing, because they look good otherwise.
Nov 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
I love my slow cooker so I was super excited to pick up this book but it didn't grab me like I wanted it to. It has all the trademarks of a great cookbook: the ingredients are broken down, the steps are clear and easy to foloow and the author entices you with a little personal tidbit about the recipe. I'm a novice cooker and want my recipes to be simple and these just had a few too many steps for me before entering my slow cooker. I did like how the book was organized into section with each sect ...more
Phaedra
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm a fan of the first Skinnytaste and have cooked out of that book a ton (and I'm not a WW follower, but the recipes are on the healthy side and tasty for those of you non weight watchers people like myself). this book focuses on slow cooker OR quick meals and I'm also the target audience for that- love my slow cooker. I've been cooking from this book for the past couple three weeks now and haven't had anything that was like 'meh.. nope' it's all family friendly and easy and tasty.
Heather
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Gina can do no wrong. Skinnytaste recipes are in heavy rotation in my kitchen.

I was literally sitting with the cookbook making my shopping list as I read it. I appreciate the fact that she doesn't just rehash stuff she posted on her website, but also gives new recipes.

And the photography drool-worthy.
Gina
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Borrowed this book from the library and I love that she categorizes things as "quick" (ready in 30 mins), slow cooker, and freezer-friendly. Can't wait to try some of the recipes that I haven't seen on her Skinnytaste website.
Katie MacEllven
Nov 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best cookbooks I've purchased in the past few years. All the recipes are simple enough for a basic cook and don't call for a grocery store full of ingredients.
Katie
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As someone who hates to cook, I'm obsessed with this cookbook! Everything is so easy to make, and there is no sacrifice on taste with the healthy substitutions.
Shannon
Jan 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Definitely has some recipes that I'd like to try!
Jessica
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cooking, nonfiction
You had me at "Slow Cooker". I love being able to lift the lid and serve dinner from a slow cooker (crock pot is so passe and calls to mind the 1970's grey matter that invariably came out of it no matter what you put in...).

I recommend this cookbook to anyone looking for comfort food without the high fat/calories. Homolka is able to present healthy recipes that are also tasty through a combination of whole grains, beans and spices.

I've made the Slow Cooker Banh Mi Rice Bowls, the Slow Cooker Kor
Simonew
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Love this cookbook. Like the wide variety of recipes. I can think of more than 10 I will make- and that is saying a lot, that is how I judge a cook book - first I see 10 + recipes I like and then see if I actually make them or they inspire me to change up what I am cooking and inspire me to make new types of food. So far have made 2 recipes from this compilation (burnt Broccoli and the fish and chips) and both have been delicious (in fact we made the chips part of the fish and chips twice so far ...more
Mary Schumann
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really loving this. I have been anti-slow cooker forever, but she does things beyond stew and pot roast. I’m not into “baking” in my slow cooker either, so not looking for a book that thinks you can use one for everything. What appeals to me about this book is the creative spin she puts on it and that things don’t come out tasting like a homogenous mush. I made the tomato soup today and modified it slightly leaving out the roux mostly for calorie savings. Tomorrow are Bahn Mi Bowls. A good mix o ...more
Lori
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
Do you love cookbooks?! Do you love using your slowcooker?? But you need to be healthier?!
OMG then you must buy every cookbook by Gina Homolka and follow her blog. www.Skinnytaste.com
Years ago a friend introduced me to Gina's blog and I love her recipes and the simple healthy twist she puts in them. I live buy a lot of her soup recipes and NOW she has a Slow- Cooker cookbook!!
GO BUY IT NOW!
S.A.
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have tried vegetarian recipes from the Skinny Taste website, and they are all winners. The Zucchini Enchilada recipe is amazing, simple yet delicious. This cookbook features vegetarian and carnivore recipes, dividing them between fast cooking and breaking out the good old crock pot, a kitchen gadget that is mainly a dust catcher for me.

The zucchini soup is easy and marvelous. Next up... the lasagna soup! Mmmm.

Anne
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm not a follower of the author's website, so wasn't familiar with her style. I've made a handful of recipes from the cookbook and they've all been good. One was just 'meh', while last night's Pernil was very, very good. There are a few ingredients that aren't the easiest to find, so that's a little annoying, and I guess I'm going to have to buy a spiralizer. But we have enjoyed the recipes so far. Looking forward to more.
Leigh Linden
Mar 26, 2017 rated it liked it
I would give this 3.5 stars. Overall I do like this cookbook and I very quickly made many of her recipes. They are very quick and very easy in general. I also like that she makes healthy choices to reduce calories and increase vegetables in many meals. My main issue is that a lot of the recipes just don't have enough flavor. I will probably still make many of them, just with a few adjustments or additions to make them a bit more interesting.
Lori
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I follow her blog, bought this on a whim and I don't regret the purchase. Beautifully photographed and the couple of recipes I have tried have been easily made and a hit with the family. After I've prepared more of the recipes, I may come back to add another star, but cookbooks don't get a full 5 stars from me unless I've prepared a number of the recipes and gotten multiple winners.
Naomi
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely love this cookbook. I am so thrilled I found this author/blogger! Lightened, but hearty recipes that both my husband and I will eat. She has joined my author follow list when two cookbooks get 5 stars and I follow a blog.

My husband and I have already sampled several recipes out of the book and each of them were winners.
Lauren
Jan 23, 2017 rated it liked it
I love a lot of Skinny Taste's online recipes and follow the blog, but I don't know that the extras available in the book are especially worth it. It was great to look through at the library, but none of the recipes I tried from this book were something I'd really want to make again. They weren't bad, but not great.
J
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: food-diet
I bought this cookbook at my child's school book fair and it turned out to be everything I hoped! We have been working through the recipes at dinner time for the last couple weeks and have liked about 80% of them, which is a high ratio for us.

Healthy, low-cal food. Tasty & enjoyable for the entire family. 30-minute recipes ("fast") & crockpot recipes ("slow"). :-)
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Pretty Dish: More than 150 Everyday Recipes and 50 Beauty DIYs to Nourish Your Body Inside and Out
  • Keepers: Two Home Cooks Share Their Tried-and-True Weeknight Recipes and the Secrets to Happiness in the Kitchen
  • Eating in the Middle: A Mostly Wholesome Cookbook
  • Joy the Baker Over Easy: Sweet and Savory Recipes for Leisurely Days: A Cookbook
  • The Seasoned Life: Food, Family, Faith, and the Joy of Eating Well
  • The Kitchn Cookbook: Recipes, Kitchens & Tips to Inspire Your Cooking
  • Bread Toast Crumbs: Recipes for No-Knead Loaves & Meals to Savor Every Slice: A Cookbook
  • The Cookies & Cups Cookbook: 125+ sweet & savory recipes reminding you to Always Eat Dessert First
  • Cookie Love: More Than 60 Recipes and Techniques for Turning the Ordinary into the Extraordinary
  • Lidia's Italy in America
  • Bowl: Vegetarian Recipes for Ramen, Pho, Bibimbap, Dumplings, and Other One-Dish Meals
  • Dinner: The Playbook: A 30-Day Plan for Mastering the Art of the Family Meal
  • Valerie's Home Cooking: More than 100 Delicious Recipes to Share with Friends and Family
  • Happy Cooking: Giada's Recipes and Tips for Making Every Meal Count...Without Stressing You Out
  • Small Victories: Recipes, Advice + Hundreds of Ideas for Home Cooking Triumphs (Best Simple Recipes, Simple Cookbook Ideas, Cooking Techniques Book)
  • The Chinese Takeout Cookbook: Quick and Easy Dishes to Prepare at Home
  • The Mediterranean Table: Simple Recipes for Healthy Living on the Mediterranean Diet
Hi, I'm Gina Homolka, author, photographer and recipe developer of Skinnytaste.com which features delicious, healthy, low fat, family-friendly recipes several times per week and Skinny Bits, where I answer cooking questions, health tips, reviews and giveaways.

What originally began in 2008 as an idea to marry my two passions, great food and beautiful photography, Skinnytaste was born and has develo