Start by marking “Pull Me Close (The Panic, #1)” as Want to Read:
Pull Me Close (The Panic, #1)

Pull Me Close (Panic #1)

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  1,553 Ratings  ·  363 Reviews
Welcome to Panic, a sultry Miami nightclub where bodies and hearts move to a beat that doesn’t stop at sunrise—the setting for “a magnificent story full of deep emotion” (Sawyer Bennett).

Katherine: I thought I could enjoy a night out like a normal person. I thought I could handle the flashing lights, the pulsing music, the crowded dance floor. I couldn’t have been more wro
Published October 25th 2016 by Loveswept

To ask other readers questions about Pull Me Close, please sign up.

Sabrina
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
NOW LIVE!!!
*Amazon*B&N*Kobo*

Sidney Halston deserves a standing ovation for this book. The realistic way in which she wrote Nick and Katherine's story was hauntingly beautiful and it broke my heart. Anxiety disorders and PTSD are sensitive subjects and they hit close to home for me so I fell a little more in love with Ms. Halston for her ability to handle this subject matter with such care.

For Katherine, her life is inside four walls. She can't work up the courage to leave her apartment and
Pearl Angeli
4.5 Stars!

"I'm falling in love with the man who saved me from myself."

What a real surprise. This book is a gem!

There are so many reasons to love Pull Me Close. One of these is the writing which was absolutely good! It's my first time to read a Sidney Halston book and wow, I was hooked. I loved how she nicely delivered a story that has a very challenging theme which is battling the mental illness known as PTSD.

The story started when Katherine "Katie" Wilson woke up in the arms of Nico "Nick"
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description

Katherine lives a life of fear and anxiety. Surrounded by the walls of her tiny apartment she carries on never daring to take a step outside. That is until she decides to face her fear and finds herself at PANIC a Miami nightclub for her sister's engagement party. Soon the flashing lights and crush of bodies have Katie suffering one of the worst panic attacks of her life.

description

Nico doesn't have time to worry about some passed out girl in his club. She's probably some junkie anyway, and they've alread
XxTainaxX
Oct 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm really impressed by the research and detail put into the storyline. Katherine's fears and anxiety were felt in the pages. Her personality shone through, even as she suffered though some traumatic experiences and struggled with what was left of her emotional psyche afterwards. She meets Nick after an anxiety attack at his club and though they start off a little rocky when Nick makes some erroneous assumptions, they end up together. I loved the hope that Nick brought to her life. She needed so ...more
⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰
4 “I love you, corazón.” Stars

photo 4hearts_zpsr0u9kyj1.jpeg

Katherine suffers from all sorts of anxieties and fears: small confined spaces, the dark, being in large crowds and public places. She spends nearly all her time locked away in her tiny studio apartment in Miami.
I could feel Katherines anxiety as she suffered through the panic attacks and as she struggled with trying to overcome her illness, yes PTSD is an illness along with anxiety and depression and needs to be treated as such. I like that books like this shine a
Wendy'sThoughts
Sep 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Sidney Halston Fans, Romance
Recommended to Wendy'sThoughts by: Sabrina
4 Confronting Fears Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free It's Live!!!!
Sidney Halston has written a book which I will think about for quite some time. She brought crippling Anxiety disorders and PTSD to our attention through this novel. She made it real and understandable. She gave us a complete love story with two people who must handle all the ups and downs of this very difficult situation. She did it with care and frankness. This book is a true service for those who may know of someone who has these diso
NiCoLeTa E.
Jul 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
***4,5 "Just Breath!!!" stars***

To be honest with you, i didn't know what to expect from this book...
I thought that it will be another one romance story with hot sex scenes, club life etc....
Yep, it was all of that, but damn it, it was so much more.... and i have to admit that this story was soooooo good!!!!

The writer focused in a very serious mental matter and she handle the things so gentle and great...
Both our heroes were perfect in their imperfections and i loved how they were handling
Snow

4.75 "just breathe" stars

Life is just a series of curveballs thrown at you. Some knock you down. Some you hit over the fence, making you feel like a winner until the next one comes barreling by. It's how you react to those that knock you down that define you.

When Katherine decided to join her sister's engagement party in the famous Miami nightclub Panic, it was a presedan of her life, unknown to the people surrounding her – that she was suffering from PTSD, anxiety and panic attacks followed
Nicola
May 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have to commend Sidney Halston for handling the subject matter in Pull Me Close with consideration, sensitivity and reality. She has taken real-life tragedies and the lasting effects of anxiety and PTSD, and balanced them with a romance that is incredibly sexy, featuring a couple who don't hit if off particularly well, creating a real emotional, touching journey.

description

When it comes to anxiety and PTSD, I wear the shoes of Nico to a degree because I'm the one who sees people she loves battling anxie
KAS
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
GREAT! SCOTT! Talk about getting sucked in and held onto until the very last word. Just so everyone knows upfront, this story addresses PTSD in a powerful and unforgettable way and was next to impossible to put down. I was mesmerized by these two magnetic and scarred individuals; brave Katherine and brooding, oh my, how he could brood, Nico. I enjoyed the dual POV writing style, which worked incredibly well. And then there was Matt, the sweet, adorable twin brother of Nico.

Katherine is dying. Ev
Dali
#99cents (05/07/2017) Amazon -> http://amzn.to/2qQZLKs

Pull Me Close is a fascinating and intense read about fear and the healing power of love. A sweet, sexy and heartfelt unputdownable story.
“My illness does not define me. I define me.”

When Katherine’s sister decides to throw an engagement party at one of Miami’s hottest night clubs, Katherine decides she can brave the outside world and even though she takes precautions, the panic attack that assails her is inevitable and renders her u
Claire Robinson
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 - "You're my kind of crazy." Stars!

Sidney Halston, starts her new Panic series by tackling a tricky topic, in an unusual setting and with really enjoyable results.

I have to admit I was not sure whether this was going to be the book for me prior to picking it up as my last attempt at reading this authors work ended up with a DNF, but oh my wow! Pull Me Close grabbed me from its beginning and didn’t let me go until the full story between Katherine and Nico had played out.

"It’s nice having compan
Dilek VT
I may be in the minority here, not giving a very high rating to this book but it is because I have serious issues about men like the hero here in this book (dominant men who need submissive women), so I am kind of subjective here. And also, the book was too slow and repetitive for my taste.

Having said that, I can go into more detail now.

This book brings anxiety disorders and PTSD to the attention of the readers. I once suffered from anxiety attacks, too and I thought I could relate to the heroi
Janie
Damn I loved this book. Review to come.
Shannon Moore
Nov 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Just some advice: you might need a Xanax to get through this.

And on a random note, this has both the best and worst nickname ever, LOL! I cringed every time Nico said 'sweet Katherine,' but melted whenever he called her corazón, because come on, that's so freaking sweet.
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
NOW RELEASED!

This was my first Sidney Halston book and definitely will not be my last. This story kept me interested and staying up late to find out what happens next.

You have Katie aka Katherine

photo 15edaebe81865d22972fc21b36a2e85a_zpsjthgho3w.jpg

And Nico aka Nick aka Nicky

photo 08e61c02-565c-423b-ba54-30eb7a78feab_zpsyefqqmw0.jpg

Katie suffers from panic attacks/claustrophobia/agoraphobia/ PTSD due to a very traumatic event in her past. She has been putting on a facade so when her sister invites her to her bachelorette party at the club Panic, Katie is determined to try and get out of the house and g
Irene
Oct 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Pull Me Close was such a good read.
The writing was well done, the storyline capturing my interest, holding it from start to end, I just didn't want it to end.

This book brought out all the feels in me, I cried, I laughed, I swooned then I cried some more. My heart went out to Katherine, the daily struggles she has with all her fears and anxieties left me wanting to reach into my kindle to protect and comfort her on more than one occasion.

At first I wasn't sure I was going to like Nick/
Jeannine Allison
description

Anxiety is an incredibly difficult illness to have. Because with anxiety, like many other mental health illnesses, you're not just facing the illness, you're also facing the stigma. It's a hard concept to explain to other people, and many are all too willing to write it off. And I love books that, and authors who, aren't afraid to tackle these disorders.

I am definitely an anxious person, so I really appreciated the depth and thoroughness of how this author described Katherine's fears. I can't pr
Kaleigh ❤️
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
First and foremost, I just want to say something to the author:

Sydney, I really just wanted to thank you for writing this book and humbling me with a new understanding and compassion for all of the survivors/fighters in the world! Thank you for putting me inside of their minds and having me feel what they feel and see what they see! I feel like the scales have fallen from my eyes to be more aware of others that are around me! To not just think about myself but to be more aware of what others hav
Erin
4.5 stars! What an amazing book. Aaaa-maaa-ziiing.

First of all, I have to say I am a HUGE mama bear when it comes to topics of mental health and autism (I am an autism mom and mental health professional). I am super protective and defensive of these subjects, so I was a little scared when I realized this book was centered around a severe mental illness. Luckily, I believe the author treated this subject matter with care and respect, and it turned out to be an amazing story!

Hero: 4.5 stars! Wow.
Francoise
Oct 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 2016-reads
4 Stars

"You pull me close, and hold me tight."

This book is making the buzz and it’s totally deserved, in my opinion. The author has woven a unique story, with dialogues that felt real and unforgettable characters. She tackles the subject of mental illness and PTSD with talent and sensibility.

Katherine Wilson used to be happy and carefree, until a traumatic event changed her life. Meeting Nico Moreno, the owner of the most exclusive and famous Miami Beach nightclub should not have been in the car
Jean
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"Pull me close and hold me tight."

Imagine a fear so strong it becomes debilitating for you to leave your apartment, to interact with people, to live a life.  This is the story of Pull Me Close.  I LOVED IT!

I knew going in that Katherine was agoraphobic with major panic/anxiety attacks.  What I didn't know was the reason for her illness.  That shocked me.....didn't expect it and it made it even more real for me.....because yeah, I could see something like that affecting you in such a severe way
Bindi Boo
May 13, 2017 rated it really liked it

Sweet, sexy and so, so touching.
Katherine has a mental disorder and cannot live her life as she wants to. Nick is a club owner and has is fighting his own demons. Nick notices Katherine in his club and thinks she's yet another junkie. Eyes meet and sparks fly. Nick can't take anymore drama in his life and he decides to nip the attraction in its bud, however does not expect to completely lose himself in all things Katherine.
I LOVED this hero. He had his inner battle about how far he cou
Jul 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
ARC received for review

Ms. Halston has done it again. Great book to start what is going to be an amazing series.

Nico and Katherine both have issues, but they overcome them together and alone. Nico is seriously yummy and so is his twin brother Mateo. I love how there are lots of real life happens that are worked into this book, September 11th and....(not telling you what else).

What I'm most excited about is that they know Iggy from Worth the Fight series. Does this mean he'll finally get his ow
RJ

Loved how good the H was to the h! Just wish we didn't get so much info on his past sexual life though. It was sprinkled in throughout the book which brought my mood down every time it popped up. Otherwise it was a pretty good book!

note to self: skip matt's book. he's a huge whore after meeting his h.
Carvanz
This was so much more than what I thought it was going to be. I absolutely loved this storyline, the buildup of Katherine and Nico’s relationship and especially her strength in facing a disease that was stealing her life from her. There wasn’t a thing about this story that I didn’t like. Once I started I couldn’t stop and found myself staying up all night to finish it. It was just that good. Why the four stars instead of five? While it is an exceptional read, it is not one that I would reread.

D
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Link to full review below! I have so, so much love for this book!!! Seriously, its heartbreakingly real and beautiful! See full review on The Book Disciple
Patrixia Lansangan
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I really loved this story...This was a blind read for me, i bought it because the cover was pretty and lots of people loved it. Other than that, I didn't look at the backstory at all. But i was hooked from the very beginning and i loved that i chose this book because it's one of my favorite stories <3

It was so beautiful in a sense that it was comforting. It was one of those satisfying reads that just makes you happy.

I was so glad the characters were so vivid and so real and this whole situati
1-Click Addict Support Group
Nov 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was not what I was expecting. It is an extremely deep book, and deals with some heavy topics. That being said, I really enjoyed it. It made me feel - a lot - and all kinds of emotions.

“I don’t want to be defined by my illness. I’m not a crazy person. I’m a person who has fears.”

Unable to turn down a night out for her sister’s engagement party, Katherine tries to overcome her issues and enjoy the nightclub like a "normal person". What she didn’t expect to find was the man she needed.

Karla
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars!
USA Today bestselling author, Sidney Halston lives her life with one simple rule: “Just Do It” Nike, and that’s exactly what she did. After working hard as an attorney, Sidney picked up a pen for the first time at thirty years old to begin her dream of writing. Having never written anything other than very exciting legal briefs, she found an outlet for her imaginative romantic side and wrote Seein ...more
More about Sidney Halston

Panic (3 books)
  • Make Me Stay (Panic, #2)
  • Kiss Me Back (Panic, #3)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • I Heart Paris
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Four Swans: A Novel of Cornwall, 1795-1797 (Poldark)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Choice
  • Saving Zoë
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Silver Linings Playbook
    $9.99 $3.99
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“I feel like I'm stuck inside my body. Everyone's moved forward, but I've been stuck in the same place. Since I've come into all this awareness lately, the hardest part has been remembering who I used to be, the dreams that died, the years I've lost.” 6 likes
“Life is just a series of curveballs thrown at you. Some knock you down. Some you hit over the fence, making you feel like a winner until the next one comes barreling by. It’s how you react to those that knock you down that define you.” 4 likes