Start by marking “Tales by Rails (Rays of Sunshine #1)” as Want to Read:
Tales by Rails (Rays of Sunshine #1)

Tales by Rails

(Rays of Sunshine #1)

Fresh from a failed marriage, Rhea hops on a train going from Los Angeles to Chicago. It's the perfect escape from her troubles with the added bonus of meeting a sexy stranger. What begins as innocent flirtation swiftly escalates to sexual encounters beyond her wildest dreams.

** This erotic romance novella is for adults only! It contains super hot, one-on-one anonymous se
ebook, 1, 91 pages
Published February 15th 2016 by Jewel E. Leonard

To ask other readers questions about Tales by Rails, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tales by Rails

Christina L.
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Rhea has just divorced her tool of an ex husband. Since their house has been sold, she has no place to go. On a whim she decides to book a train trip to Chicago. On her first day she meets a gorgeous stranger and starts an innocent flirtation that leads to so much more.

Rhea is probably the first character I've ever encountered in an erotic story that is realistic. She's also extremely funny, and her thoughts and her dialogue with the mysterious stranger had me giggling at several points. It was
Lo-arna Green
Jan 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 sizzling stars

A quick and hot read.
Erika Rose
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I needed this today

This was so sweet and will written that it made me feel better. Quick read, and very fun. Can’t wait to read more.
Hayley Stone
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a lot of fun, and exactly what I was in the mood for!

Both main characters were believable, with quirks, likes, and dislikes that humanized them. It was a pleasant surprise to discover the female MC was bisexual midway through. Instead of fretting about her sexuality it was presented as part of who she is, and I like that the author decided to go that route rather than using it as an option for conflict.

While some of the dialogue came across as a little awkward at times, I thought the r
Errin Krystal
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing

I loved this book so much! I stayed up well past bedtime to read it in one sitting. Rhea, who has finally broken free of a loveless marriage, treats herself to a much needed break and encounters Surfer Boy. She is soon caught up in a steamy weekend affair with the handsome stranger.

I absolutely fell in love with these characters my heart melting for them both as we learn more about them and being inside Rhea's head was an absolute delight, her inner had me laughing out loud more than once.

And R
Sophie Quist
Mar 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This erotic and romantic novella is a true gem and I'm already looking forward to reading it again.

The story begins as hopeless romantic Rhea's divorce comes to a close. What's next? She doesn't know, so she does what we've all fantasized about - getting a ticket to who cares where and leaving it all behind. Of course, that's just where the fantasies begin...because, although she plans for a quiet, mind-clearing trip halfway across the continent, there's a lot more in store for her.

Enter Surfer
Angela D'Onofrio
Mar 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: indie-pub
I don't normally read romance novels. I think that the characters and their lives are far more important than the time they spend with their clothes off. That being said: I still thoroughly enjoyed this novella. Rhea and her mysterious Surfer Boy are complex, well-developed characters with far more on their minds beyond their fling. I am glad that this is a series, because Jewel has raised so many questions about the lives of both characters that I want to see answered. If you found this novella ...more
Aila Stephens
Jul 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
While this is not the typical kind of book for me, I have admired the author from afar for quite some time and I was delighted to read it.

What would happen if a freshly divorced woman ran away on a train and found herself falling in love with a handsome passenger? You'll have to read Tales by Rails to find out.

What I will tell you is that I loved the internal struggle Rhea goes through with not only trusting others but trusting herself and how she finds a determination from within she'd lacked i
Vania Rheault
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The story of Rhea grabs you right from the beginning. Rhea is running from a failed marriage and takes a train from California to Illinois. She befriends a guy traveling to the same city and they decide to spend time together to pass the time. One thing leads to another and sexy fun ensues. Ms Leonard delivers characters who are well-rounded, interesting, but still learning about themselves. Light and fun, this book was a delight to read and I can't wait to read the next!
Chloe Quinn
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Jewel's book Tales by Rails is a true to life romance. I really enjoyed the honest sex scene she penned in between the pages of this book. Plus, her characters are truly enjoyable. This is a great first book in what I am sure will turn out to be an amazing series.
DMG Byrnes
Feb 20, 2016 rated it liked it
I want to preface by saying that I'm not a huge fan of the romance/erotica genre, it's the rare one I might pick up for one reason for another. But I'm a *big* fan of Jewel, because she's awesome, and so wanted to take a look at her first novel, as much out of support as curiosity.

Rhea makes an impulse decision when a funny twist of fate has her in a state of flux in her life after a divorce from a sad excuse for a marriage and she finds herself buying a train ticket across the country, somewhe
R.R. Willica
Apr 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Reading romance really isn't my thing, but I decided to read this because I had a sneaking suspicion it wasn't your usual romance. After hearing some things about the book and author, I decided to give it a try. I was correct in my assessment.

Tales by Rails isn't a cliched romance. In fact, it feels a lot like two people with a lot of issues meeting and then deciding to hook up. This isn't a bad thing, because the characters are extremely realistic. As you follow Rhea as she tries to escape fro
Cassie Holmes
Mar 15, 2017
Kate Forth
Feb 13, 2016
Jewel Leonard
Jan 16, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
J H
Feb 21, 2018
Susan
is currently reading it
Jun 13, 2018

Rays of Sunshine (2 books)
  • Smiles by Trials (Rays of Sunshine #2)