Start by marking “Pursuing (Alluring, #3)” as Want to Read:
Pursuing (Alluring, #3)

Pursuing (Alluring #3)

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  545 Ratings  ·  83 Reviews
"I fell in love with a brown-eyed angel in the middle of a football field, and I hadn't even talked to her yet. All it took was her laugh." - Mason Connor

Professional football player, Mason Connor, had the perfect life. Blessed with good looks, crazy skills on the field, and more money than he knew what to do with, it never occurred to him something was missing. Not until
Published January 16th 2016 by Jeanine Grasso

To ask other readers questions about Pursuing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pursuing

Stacey is Sassy
Jan 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, cont-series
A modern-day fairytale...Prince Charming and all.

Wow, the cover of Pursuing certainly grabbed my attention and made me think…American’s sports uniforms really make a head turn. A big guy walking towards you all kitted out is impressive, but once they walk past, you really, really have to see the rest. American football and baseball must have had their uniforms designed by a woman. No man would think about making a woman happy by bringing our attention to their fine assets. Unfortunately, not a l
Jan 03, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
A couple of people told me they would love to spend Sunday reading Pursuing. So I cheated just a bit and hit the publish button early. Surprise! It's live...
Here is the link until GRs catches up :) http://www.amazon.com/Pursuing-Alluri...

Coco.V
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Loved it! I feel lucky to have received a copy prior to the release date, from author Sarah Curtis.

Each book in this series is a standalone story with interconnected characters. When I read about Mason Connor in the two first books Alluring and Engaging, I was dying to know more about him. I knew then, just KNEW, that I will love him.

Mase was a wonderful character. He was just down right yummy and dare I say absolutely perfect. A lethal package in more than one way. Joanna was a great heroine.
Nicla

Another fantastic book by Sarah Curtis.

I loved Mase. He is the perfect alpha hero. Protective, sexy and a little sweet. I love the care he took when handling Jo's insecurities about their relationship and that he never waived in his pursuit of her. Out of all of Sarah Curtis's heroines Jo is the definitely the most fun. I found her likeable and relateable. And the romance between them was HOT.

Overall, I highly recommend Pursuing if you are after a hot low angst romance.

HEA (view spoile
Kiki
I am in the minority here.
As you can see, half the shelves indicate a 4 star read.
So why didn't it work for me:
1. His blatant disrespect for heroine's wish.
People who know me knows well that I am a passive feminist. By passive I mean I don't actively go to feminist rallies and protests. However. I am shameless and proud feminist and I have a clear voice about abuse and domestic violence.
In the third or so chapter heroine tells hero, I am paraphrasing, "i am NOT going to get involved with you, I
Deserie williams
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
spoilers! !

4.75 Mase stars!!!!I absolutely love him! He was the most sweetest, loving, hot,sexy, beautiful, patient, handsome, and perfect man(in my eyes )! I even like Jo(herione ). Sure at times she was a bit annoying with her trust issues but It didn't bother me much. I understood why she felt the way she did and honestly couldn't blame her. I didn't really like how she couldn't tell him I love you till something happens but when she did I really felt it. Even when she didn't actually say the
SB*needs low angst books*
Another solid read. I loved the hero Mase. He was funny, laid back, sweet, and a all around good guy. I liked the heroine but I had my issues with her about how she deals with the relationship with the hero at first but I am glad she comes to her senses. I definitely liked the social worker aspect. The epilogue is fantastic!!! The epilogue takes it up and ends it on a very nice high note.
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
This was a sweet low angst read, and I liked it for the most part.

Mace was super sweet, slightly alpha, never wavered from his love of the heroine. He was sort of romance book boyfriend royalty.

The heroine Jo was just OK for me. For the first part of the book I wanted to throat punch her for how bitchy she was acting towards Mace. The guy was nothing but nice to her and she kept acting like a judgmental bitch. I get she had issue from a previous relationship, but I find it hard to warm up to so
RJ
I haven't been able to read the previous books in this series due to personal preferences but I'm so glad this worked out for me! It was awesome! The H was mostly everything I want, the way he chases the h was to die for! It is very insta-love on his side and thankfully I don't mind that so it was great for me to see him all over the h from the get-go.

I even liked the h! Sometimes the h's who needlessly push an amazing H away annoying me but I didn't feel that way with Jo. Maybe because Mason di
Gio

Steamy
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Feb 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: insta-love, 2016
Another great book from Sarah Curtis! I'm drawn to the Alpha men she writes in her books. I really like that you don't have over-the-top drama and the H in her books are very loyal and protective of their women. I like that she has the females hesitant to start a relationships with the H because part of the appeal is watching the H pursue them relentlessly.

Mase was such a great character. He was a very easy going person but anything to do with Jo amped up his Alpha tendencies. While I hate that
Talltree
Jan 17, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 stars!
Janie
One word that describes the goodness that is Pursuing, Mase. He is absolutely perfect in every way. I think he is my favorite hero Sarah has written. He’s hot, funny, alpha when he needs to be and sweet. He’s the perfect mix.

In the beginning I thought that Jo/Angel was going to really annoy me. But then I started thinking how I would feel in her situation and I can’t say that my thought process would be much different. And even though she tried to fight their pull, she didn’t do a very good job
♡Tonya♡
Love! This book was right up my alley! It had a hot alpha who fell in love with his girl and wasn't going to let anything stop him! She was a bit reluctant so he had his work cut out for him. Low angst and sweet, I will watch for more to come from this author!
Angie H.
Jan 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
A tattooed, football playing, alpha hero ... what's not to love? A truly great read.
Elizabeth Brown
Jul 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: author-friends
I don't know what I was expecting when I bought this - I mean, sports, obviously, but maybe something dark? Well, don't let the cover fool you: what's inside is super sweet! Confession: I'm not usually a fan of books written in the third person, but this story was so charming I forgot all about it!
Erika
Mar 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Overall Rating → 4.3 STARS

I had some time this morning so I... finished a book, wrote 4 reviews, computer crashed, 3 reviews gone! I’m a little frustrated right now. Will rewrite when I finish...
Lori
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Polly
Jan 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Sweet story. Low angst. Pretty steamy.

I'll read this author again!
Laurie
Jan 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, kindle
What a sweet story! I’m fond of Sarah Curtis’ Alluring series and I really liked this one. It’s a great lazy afternoon read. It has a funny hero in Mase, and I think Joanna is my favorite heroine of the series.

I adored Mase’s goofiness. I also loved that once he found his girl that goofiness was tempered with a bit of seriousness about his woman. He was funny, sweet, and a tad bit alpha and bossy when he needed to be. The insta-lust was a bit OTT but I quickly got over that when he admitted surp
Nicole
Jan 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was honored to receive an ARC (my first!) from the author, Sarah Curtis. I loved Mase and Jo. They were so great together and I love how Mase knew Jo was it right from the beginning. I'm a fan of insta love so this was right up my alley. He was a perfect alpha...protective, possessive and so sexy.

It's low angst and no cheating. There's some mention of Mase's past but nothing that's upsetting at all. I highly recommend this whole series.

Tasha Williams (Red's Midnight Readers)
I was given an ARC of this by the author in exchange for an honest review.

When i was offered the chance of an ARC, i jumped at the chance to read it!! After reading AND enjoying both Alluring and Engaging, i knew i had to read this.
Believe me when i say Sarah Curtis did NOT disappoint. Another absolutely brilliant read, i found i couldn't put down, even if i had wanted to.
It was compelling and very well written. It was filled with laugh out loud moments and lots of tender moments that pulled on
Jan 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
It has insta-love (on his side) and is cheesy. I'm ok with insta-love if I know it going in and it didn't tip my scales of being too cheesy. It's a fine line for me and this one stayed on the good side of it.

Can be read as a standalone. I never read any of the rest of the series and never felt lost or like I was missing something.
Emily
Football player, Mason Connor has it all, he is not one to complain the woman, career, and money definitely helped. That is until he meets Joanna Welch and then he knows he has been missing one thing, his soul mate. Joanna though is gun shy, she sees Mason as a playboy looking for the next notch. Mason has not gotten this far without having hurdles, he plans to break down every one of Joanna's walls and show her he is who he says he is, her alone.

Loved love luv. Talk about a touchdown, I have be
C
Aug 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: totally-safe
4.5/5
Safe read
A must read!!

Kinda sad because at the end of this book it was like a recap/ catch up from all the couples... Makes it seem like this series is done
Treena
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Out of the 3 books in this series, this one is my favorite. I super love Mason. He is funny, sweet, thoughtful, and so awesome. I love that he's a protective, possessive alpha and I love how he loves Jo.

Jo is also my favorite of the 3 h's in the series. She's got the most gumption and spunk. She's also sweet and caring too.

This is a book I will definitely keep on my Kindle and re-read time and again.
This was an ok read. If you like a light sports romance, where the MCs are adults who experience insta-love, then you might really like this.

What I liked:
1) The alternating, dual povs.
2) The H. He was very sweet in his pursuit of the h.
3) No ow/om drama or cheating. I can't stand that crap. I think that's why I've been sticking with books where the MCs are adults.
4) I'm not usually a fan of insta-love (nor a believer in it, although insta-lust is a different story), but I do like how the H ackn
Arys
Jan 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Pursuing by Sarah Curtis is book three in her Alluring series and it was an absolutely fun read with heat, humor, and a hero that just makes you swoon.

The story is about Joanna Welch, a social worker who is asked to select and bring 20 of her foster kids to a youth camp for football and cheer that is run by the Pursuers football team. It is at the youth camp where she meets Mason Connor, the star quarterback of the Pursuers and one of the coaches for the camp.

When Mason Connor sees Joanna, it is
Christine
A lot of detail right from the beginning. I want to connect before a lot of information is given. Nothing memorable.
  • King's Ransom
  • Playing for Keeps (Playing For #1)
  • His Safe Keeping (Safe, #1)
  • Carol's Image (Fairfield #3)
  • Revelation (Iris, #3)
  • Bent Not Broken (Cedar Creek, #1)
  • Finding Home
  • The Science of Loving
  • The Homecoming
  • Etched in Stone (Six Degrees Series, #2)
  • Catch (Coronado Series, #4)
  • Falling Completely (Starling Falls, #1)
  • Under Pressure (IAD Agency #1)
  • Beautiful Life (Carpino, #2)
  • Protecting His Forever
  • Hard as Stone (Passion in Paradise: The Men of the McKinnon Sisters, #2)
  • Discovering Lucy

Hi everyone,

I'm Sarah Curtis (that's a pseudonym of my kids' names). I'm a 47 year-old mother of two, grandma of 2 and live with my husband of 30 years in Southern California.

I write steamy contemporary romance novels about sexy alpha males and the heroines who steal their hearts.

I'm addicted to coffee, Red Bull, Lay's potato chips, and ice cream. When I'm not writing (which is hardly ever, hence
More about Sarah Curtis

Alluring (3 books)
  • Alluring (Alluring, #1)
  • Engaging (Alluring, #2)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Flight (Up in the Air, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Billionaire's Dance (Billionaire Bachelors, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Dear Aaron
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Just so we're clear. You've been claimed, that kiss was my brand, and now you're mine." - Mason Connor” 13 likes
“There was a tattoo, in block letters, low on his pelvis.   She sat up on the edge of the bed, her hands reaching behind to grab his ass and pull him closer, so she could read it.  "You have got to be shitting me, THE END ZONE, really?" ” 5 likes