Start by marking “Hot Like Fire, Cold As Ice” as Want to Read:
Hot Like Fire, Cold As Ice

Hot Like Fire, Cold As Ice

A man like him should come with a five-alarm warning…

Vivacious and bubbly Melissa “Missy” Thornton is a career-driven lobbyist on top of her game. She is sent to convince eccentric billionaire Henry Parker to lease out his oil-rich land in Alaska. Before she could meet him, she gets into a car accident and stranded in a snowstorm. She would’ve frozen to death if a handsom
Published January 15th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Hot Like Fire, Cold As Ice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hot Like Fire, Cold As Ice

Alp
3.5/5

Nice and lovely.

Since this was my first read by this author, I really didn't know what to expect. But after reading the first few pages, I was hooked. Despite the slow pace in the middle of the story, I had so much fun reading it.

Henry “Hal” Parker is a sexy, solitary polar bear shifter. He refused the offers from the oil company and told them that he would never lease out his land in Alaska. As a former businessman, he knew very well that a number of people would benefit from this oil inve
Talltree
5 stars for the all the authentic research about the Inuit way of life up in the frozen North,

3.5 stars for the romance!
Sue Riley
Jan 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes a good, short, paranormal romance with tons of steam and a HEA
Recommended to Sue by: I love Lizzie Lynn Lee's books
Hot Like Fire, Cold As Ice: Lizzie Lynn Lee

Reviewed by SFF Dragon

A car stranded in the snow brought them together, but love sealed the deal in this short, sweet paranormal romance.

I love Lizzie Lynn Lee books, have been reading them for a few years and I was given a copy of 'Hot Like Fire, Cold As Ice' by the author in exchange for an honest review. Like a lot of her books, this one is short, hot and sweet. It can be read in a couple of hours and like all the books I've read by her, it's overfl
 Reading In Pajamas
Feb 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Review: Hot Like Fire, Cold As Ice: (BBW Polar Bear Shifter Paranormal Romance) by Lizzie Lynn Lee http://wp.me/p3d0RZ-3YI
Publication Date: January 15, 2016
Reviewed by: Reading in Pajamas/ Donna
Rated: 3.5 Stars

3.5 stars Donna
This was a fun little novella full of hot steamy romance. It would have benefited from more background on Hal and Missy plus a longer story to make their connection a little more believable though. Double it with another 80 pages would have fleshed it out nicely. I liked the humor Ms. Le

Kathryn
Mar 15, 2016 rated it it was ok
I've read a lot of books by this author and enjoyed them. Unfortunately this book fell short. I think it ended abruptly and the romance was a little off. The story just ended in the middle without a conclusion.
Katherine
Dec 30, 2016 rated it did not like it
Disappointment. Just, really, didn't work at all for me.

I read plenty of shifter stories, and plenty of stories that have what is pretty much mate bond insta-love. Sometimes it works, sometimes it can be overlooked, and sometimes it just fails. This was one of those times it fails.

Missy is a lobbyist working for Texaoil and she has been tasked with going to Alaska to negotiate the use of land up there for the company from a reclusive billionaire. However, as a city girl, she is not so great at
Monica
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review.

A cute sweet read. Hal...or should I say Henry is sorta a recluse and prefers to live in the wilderness. However, he protects something thats been in his family for generations. He's recently taken over and is a billionaire to boot. Melissa or "Missy" she likes to be called is there to convince him to let her company build an oil rig which would benefit everyone. However, before she gets there she gets into a bit of trouble and gets strand
Rebecca Grove
Feb 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Missy is a lobbyist for an energy company. Her company wants oil right to some land in Alaska and sends he to talk to the owners. On the way there she has a car accident. She is saved by Hal who brings her back to his cabin. Due to a big storm the two are stuck together in his cabin fighting a strong attraction. Missy doesn't know that Hal is the man she has come to see.
Hal is a great hero but I felt that maybe he deserved better than Missy. Of course I don't like lobbyists or people helping co
Helen
Apr 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a very nice little story. Hal/Henry is a reclusive millionaire who owns a huge amount of land in Alaska. Melissa works for an oil company who wants to lease the land, so the adventure begins Melissa goes to Alaska to meet Hal, The dialog between characters was well written. I enjoyed reading my first book by Lizzie Lynn Lee and look forward to more. I received this book free in exchange for an honest review.
Ash P Reads
Feb 15, 2016 rated it liked it
A short steamy romance and with a moral message. The story had a good theme but I felt that in the hands of a good editor it could have been polished up a bit more. I appreciate that the author tried to bring attention to preserving one's heritage and not selling out for what one thinks as a good deal.

Free copy provided in exchange for an honest review
Lenna  Wright-Berry
Was okay with the instant love Hal 'Henry Parker' fell for Missy when she was trapped in her car when he came across and saved her. The only bad part was the description of rotten birds in the seal carcass that is fermented, the way is was described did make my stomach turn.
April   ♥"LOS" ♥
Aww, this was such a sweet story. I haven't found too many polar bear shifter books so I was excited when I saw this one. It's a pretty quick read but it has likeable characters and hot, steamy love scenes.
Meleeta Morris
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Who doesn't love bears?

Hal is a shifter whose family's legacy is protecting the environment. Missy is a lobbyist for a large oil company that wants to build a rig on Hal's land.
Shawn
Feb 11, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a quick read that I enjoyed saved by the plot alone. The story was filled with cliches, incorrect word usage, unrealistic situations, a reference to Seinfeld that added absolutely nothing to the story and lets not forget about a complete halt of an ending. It was not a cliffhanger...it just ended instead of adding as little as 2 more pages.
Treena Beavers
Jan 02, 2017 rated it liked it
When This popped up as an option to read I jumped at the chance, Having really enjoyed a prevous book.
This was a fun read, only downside for me was that it ended too soon, I was left feeling there was more to come.

I received this book free via instafreebie in exchange for an honest review.
L M
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is exactly what it is, A SHORT STORY. Only 84 pages.
Therefore everything that happens is rushed and not on what most would call a normal timeline. Could have had a bit more depth and length then would have been 5 stars.
Interesting story and liked the heroine & hero. Just found it strange they have sex nearly straight away with no discussion about safe sex. Not sensible in this day and age. They each knew they were ok but the other didn't.
Sex scenes good but a bit strangely worded. The a
Dawn
Jan 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a good quick read. I enjoyed the premise of the story about the polar shifters and how they started and all they did to protect them. Hal and Missy make a cute couple so it was nice to see how they get along. I also liked that she didn't play games about the fact that they had known each other for such a short time and decided that he was what she wanted. I could have seen this story with more background on Missy and there were some other things like the rest of the shifters that could ...more
Sheryl
Jan 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was given a complimentary copy for an honest review by author Lizzie Lynn Lee.

Melissa Thornton, Missy to her friends, is on her way to talk to a man about letting then drill on his land but when she has an accident she is saved by Hal who just happens to find her. Henry Parker finds a driver in a blizzard on his way home but he never expected her to be so curvy sexy and they enjoy being trapped in his home. But Henry Parker is adamant about not letting drilling wells go on his land but can he
Lekeisha
Jan 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Missy meets Hal after he rescues her from her car after an accident. He falls in insta-love with her as you find in a lot of shifter stories. I don't have a problem with the instant love thing, I just feel like I didn't connect with the characters enough to really appreciate their connection. I did enjoy the book and thought it was a good quick read. I liked the characters and the plot. I just wish the story was longer and more flushed out and that we got more background on the characters.
3.5 st
Denise
Jan 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love-it
Thank you to Lizzie Lynn Lee for another great read and this review copy. The story takes you to Alaska and the descriptions of this wild and beautiful country are wonderful. Makes me want to visit , but not so much in winter. Unless you had a furry companion to keep you warm. A Polar Bear shifter and a human lobbyist who would have thought that they would be mates. The story is fast paced and you are rooting for a happy ending for all people of Walapusk including Missy and Hal.
Kimberly Morrow howe
Feb 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was given an ARC for an honest review. I really liked this story and the progression of the story. I was wondering where it was going at the beginning but it picks up pretty quick. I like the chemistry of Missy and Hal. The beautiful scenery and imagery the author presented was beautiful. I loved the playfulness of the den and the leader ;) good book and would recommend!
Lory
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a quick humorous read. I love the fact that they used humor in such intense situation. The only issue I had was I wish we had more background on Missy, things between her end Hal escalated so quickly I would have liked for them to get opportunity to spend more time with one another. Overall a good read looking forward to see what else is in store for this series.
Kristi Brunett
Feb 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love the King Bears! I was wondering how Missy was going to save the day and hoped it would go this direction. Living in San Antonio Texas, I don't really agree with fracking (sounds like a cuss word, doesn't it?), so I'm glad Lizzie Lynn took the story in the direction she did. Here's hoping this turns into a series!
Jacqueline
Feb 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Once again a short story of 5 chapters. Maybe I shouldn't have read this one so soon after the tiger story by Lizzie as it wasn't like the first book, which is a good thing but I was looking for a laugh with this one too. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy the book just that it wasn't what I thought it would be.
Hsu Lee
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story!
This was a very cute story
Love conquer all
Missy went to Alaska to do a job.
Once she met Hal + found out about the polar bears, she changed her mind.
Hal showed to Missy that there is more in life than Money.
Debbie Dalton
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fast read good book.
Nancy Eaton
Nov 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lizzie-lynn-lee
loved the story will there be more
Missy Fern - BFD Book Blog
Quick, steamy book that hits the spot. Spicy with a bit of "save the day." Cute!
Shelly Killian
Aug 13, 2017
Donalyn Walter
Feb 18, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Lizzie Lynn Lee was a guitarist, receptionist, executive assistant, tarot reader, boutique owner, and graphic artist before she discovered that writing is her dream job. The advantage is that she can do it in her pajamas and socks.

She's an incurable chatterbox, heavy metal aficionado, bookworm, digital enthusiast, and a night owl since most of her stories were done in the wee hours of the morning