Start by marking “Just One of Those Things (Harmony Springs, #1)” as Want to Read:
Just One of Those Things (Harmony Springs, #1)

Just One of Those Things

(Harmony Springs #1)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  17 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Matt Dawson has returned to Harmony Springs after ten years of pitching in the major leagues. His father thinks he’s a screw-up who should have joined the Army instead of playing ball. His old buddies think he’s a hero with a bottomless bank account. But Matt knows he’ll never be a hero, not like his brother Jon, who recently died in Afghanistan.

Emily Barton once dated Jon
Published February 9th 2016 by Mindy Klasky

To ask other readers questions about Just One of Those Things, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just One of Those Things

Maria V. Snyder
Jun 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer - I'm good friends with Mindy, however, I also enjoy her writing. Mindy mixes in just the right amount of humor and isn't afraid to let her characters suffer. I don't read a ton of pure romances, but I'll treat myself to a Mindy Klasky book every so often :)

I also liked that the main protagonist's mother's name was Maria and she was a gourd artist :)
Bruce Curran
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Spoiler Free Review:
This is the first full length novel in her Harmony Springs Series. However, it is related to her Perfect Pitch series and was introduced in the novella "Fly Me To The Moon". Rather than summarize the book let me give you a little bit of insight into Mindy as an author.

Mindy writes in several genres and her book are light, entertaining and uplifting. She creates a cast of complex characters and weaves in contemporary plots that lend a touch of realism. This series of contempor
Lynne Spreen
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable

Somewhat predictable but realistic, too. Good characters and development. The challenges they faced and the way they resolved them were convincing. I enjoyed it.
Cathy Geha
Mar 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Harmony Springs, Virginia in the Shenandoah Valley has a great future as a place for romance to flourish. The stores might not have been doing well before this book but things are on the upswing toward the end. And, romance seems to be in the air.

The book begins with a group of women celebrating Emily’s 30th birthday and a dare for her to break her two date rule by asking the first single man to approach the bar out on a date and then complete two more dates after the first. Emily, playing alon
Linda
Mar 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-read, romance
Welcome to Harmony Springs where the merchants seek to retain that small town, friendly atmosphere. But when native son and former Rockets pitcher Matt Dawson returns home, he has plans to manage a large scale franchised discount store...one that may threaten several of the town merchants livelihood. Emily Barton is looking to keep Harmony Springs from changing, but she also has another reason to resent Matt's return. He is a reminder of a failed relationship with his brother, Jon, as well as a ...more
Connie Barber
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Just One of Those Things is just one of those books that you really must read. Mindy Klasky weaves a heartwarming tale of small town Harmony Springs so well that I feel like if I walked out the door I'd be on Main Street in the town. Her ability to bring to life both the simple and complex aspects of her characters draws me in and keeps me enthralled to the end. Well, honestly, leaves me wanting more when the final page is turned. I look forward to the next book in this series.

I highly recommen
Ashley
Mar 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was super sweet and kind of emotional. Full review can be found at Ash Reads Stuff.

Thanks to Library Thing and Book View Cafe for the ARC.
Sorcha
Mar 15, 2016 added it
Shelves: 2016, romance, ebook, er
full review can be found here:

SALLY JONES
Alice Arnold
Apr 03, 2017
Cristin
Aug 21, 2017
Mindy Klasky learned to read when her parents shoved a book in her hands and told her that she could travel anywhere in the world through stories. She never forgot that advice.

Mindy's travels took her through multiple careers, including copyright lawyer and law librarian. Mindy now writes full time. Her books fall in a number of genres -- including traditional fantasy, urban fantasy, and category

Harmony Springs (2 books)
  • The Way You Look Tonight