Start by marking “Doggone Town (Nancy Drew Girl Detective: Graphic Novels, #13)” as Want to Read:
Doggone Town (Nancy Drew Girl Detective: Graphic Novels, #13)

Doggone Town (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels #13)

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  158 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews

When Nancy Drew and Ned Nickerson attempt to return a lost dog named “Togo” to its owner in the small town of Nevershare, they stumble onto a much bigger mystery—where did all the people go?  The entire population of Nevershare is missing, except for one person, and she’s mean and not very helpful. Will Nancy solve this mystery before she and Ned also disappear?

Published May 27th 2008 by Papercutz

To ask other readers questions about Doggone Town, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doggone Town

Lara's
Nov 15, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children 7-9 years old.
Shelves: graphic-novels
Synopsis : When Nancy Drew and Ned Nickerson attempt to return a lost dog named “Togo” to its owner in the small town of Nevershare, they stumble onto a much bigger mystery—where did all the people go? The entire population of Nevershare is missing, except for one person, and she’s mean and not very helpful. Will Nancy solve this mystery before she and Ned also disappear?
Review : Graphics are wonderful, storyline is o.k. which is kind of what I expected. This was my very first Nancy Drew story
Yuemei
Jan 07, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
again it was okay...I've been a big fun of nancy drew since i was young and still am now, no wonder i never stop playing "the nancy drew pc games" all of it! never missed a single game! anyway i understand that they made this for kids, still i just like the old version.
Sabby Fox
Apr 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I first saw that this comic book was going to be re-published to include two graphic novels in one, I immediately e-mailed +Stefan Petrucha to see if he had any ARC's up for grabs. He didn't, but he did forward my e-mail to +Papercutz and they ended up sending me a copy! I was so excited, even if it is a book for people 8-12 years old, I believe any age range can enjoy Nancy Drew no matter what! I grew up playing the Nancy Drew games, and even though I am super huge on books, I didn't even ...more
Sarah Crawford
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an interesting story in that it takes something from the older Nancy Drew where she had a dog named Togo, and works it into the story.

Hannah is scared by something and Nancy and the girls find a window where the thing escaped from. Nancy goes into a tree to follow it and something jumps on her face. Enter Togo. Nancy goes to the town the dog supposedly came from to return it and finds no one there except for old elderly, rather nasty woman. This leads to the mystery of where is everyone
Annthelibrarian
The series brings the world’s most famous girl detective, Nancy Drew, into the graphic novel format. In this story a lost dog leads Nancy and her boyfriend Ned to the small town of Nevershare, but why are all its citizens gone except for Ms. Byra Tussle, the dog Togo’s owner? If she is his owner, why does she get his name wrong? Then again, why does Togo seem afraid of Byra? With Nancy Drew on the case you can bet the mysteries get solved! 13th in the series.
I read this for a graphic novel genre
Jodi Smedley
Apr 02, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-21-30
Doggone Town is a graphic novel based on the Nancy Drew series by Carolyn Keene. In this mystery, Nancy finds a missing dog. As she and her boyfriend, Ned, return the dog, the discover an ornery lady and an entire missing town. Together, they find the missing people and discover the truth behind this mean lady.

Especially after reading American Born Chinese, this graphic novel felt really young. I read a Nancy Drew book or two when I was in middle school, so I thought I'd give this a try. The pic
Sara ♥
I read this because WOW, I just had to see what the graphic novel of Nancy Drew was like. Overall, it was a cute little story about a dog that ends up in Nancy's room during a storm and the mystery Nancy encounters while trying to track down the dog's owner... My thoughts?

Pros:
* Nancy was actually strawberry blonde again!
* Ned & Bess were SUPER cute
* Brings Nancy Drew to a whole new audience

Cons:
* The storyline was WAAAAY too simple. No misdirection or anything—it was OBVIOUS who the bad guy
Simon
Oct 06, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Funny how I'm reviewing book #13 first, but that is where I started and whatever, I'll review the previous twelve when I get time. I find these graphic novels to completely take away from the real Nancy Drew.

This plot was twisted yes and it left me guessing, but I don't understand how people could be so gulibale and stupid. And that dog was driving me nuts with it's habit of latching on to faces, I would have beat that thing silly, it wasn't even drawn to look cute, just plain.

I liked the twist
Shonda
Feb 27, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2010
Nancy finds a lost dog. She convinces Ned to travel with her to return the dog to his owners. When they arrive, the town is deserted. Where is everyone? Nancy and Ned meet a strange, old woman. As Nancy tries to learn more information about the town and its missing people, Nancy soon realizes this woman is not going to help. In fact, she’s rather. . .mean! Can Ned and Nancy discover the mystery behind the town?
Jaguar
Jul 17, 2015 rated it liked it
“Doggone Town (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels #13)” by Stefan Petrucha is the first book in the “Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels” series that I have read. I thought the art of the dog was cute, and it was mainly like a comic book. One of the character drawings was kind of ugly, but other than that….I enjoyed it, and I want to read book one.

2015-Summer-Reading-Review
Mckinley
Didn't know they had started making these into a comic series. But upon reflection it makes sense.

E brought some home and I read them. Ok. But I like the books better. She liked the action agent part a bit more than the Nancy Drew sort of silly mysteries. Overall she likes the combo Drew-Hardy comics best.
Emerson
Jul 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was good I really like this series of books well the comic versions that's kinda my thingIt is about a dog and a lost city (the population is only 42). The drawings are not my favorite they aren't as realistic as I would want them to be and they sort of bother me don't get me wrong, I really love this series and will keep on reading them.
Kat
Jul 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
I liked the Nancy Drew series and like the graphic novel idea. It was quicker to read but wasn't like the original. It had the same characters and the plot was the same. The artist was good and there were some pretty weird pictures. I liked the graphic novel better than the original. I am going to read more of the series.
Raja99
Sep 09, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mcpl
This is yet another light-hearted and fast-paced Nancy Drew graphic novel. The mystery is quite strange but turns out to be fair, and Nancy gets to interact with a friendly dog.

(Finished 2009-09-09 13:02:40 EDT)
Vaijayanthi
Nov 26, 2011
Marissa Menard-Rodriguez
Jul 18, 2017
Arwyn
rated it did not like it
Jan 09, 2011
Amy
Mar 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers, #4: Malled
  • April Fool's Day (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #19)
Stefan Petrucha (born January 27, 1959) is an American writer for adults and young adults. He has written graphic novels in the The X-Files and Nancy Drew series, as well as science fiction and horror.
Born in the Bronx, he has spent time in the big city and the suburbs, and now lives in western Massachusetts with his wife, fellow writer Sarah Kinney, and their daughters. At times he has been a tec
More about Stefan Petrucha...

Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • The Demon of River Heights (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #1)
  • Writ in Stone (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #2)
  • The Haunted Dollhouse (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #3)
  • The Girl Who Wasn't There (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #4)
  • The Fake Heir (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels #5)
  • Mr. Cheeters Is Missing (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #6)
  • The Charmed Bracelet (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #7)
  • Global Warning (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #8)
  • Ghost in the Machinery (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #9)
  • The Disoriented Express (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #10)