Start by marking “Risque Romance Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Risque Romance Vol. 1

Risque Romance Vol. 1

Mia was perfectly happy with her boring mid-twenties life, thank you very much. So she didn't have many friends, or a man. Maybe her job kind of sucked, and hobbies hadn't caught up with her yet. There was still plenty of time, at least that's what she told herself each night before tucking into her lonely bed. Then tall, dark, and sinful Erik blazed into her life, showing ...more
Paperback, 1, 216 pages
Published February 12th 2016 by Liliom Press

To ask other readers questions about Risque Romance Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Risque Romance Vol. 1

Start your review of Risque Romance Vol. 1
Felicia
Mar 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Risque Romance: Volume 1 by Mandi Konesni contains 2 novellas Awakened and Enthralled. Both stories in this volume are vampire related folklore/mythology. Mandi does an amazing job pulling you into the stories. You can’t help but fall in love with Mia and Erik (Awakened) and Dieri and Mirela (Enthralled). I would recommend this book to anyone who loves mythology, folklore, or paranormal romances.
Jimette Ross
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely fantastic! That's saying something for a genre I don't normally care for. Mandi has a way of making this not only interesting, educational, fun and makes me feel like I'm involved! Two great love stories! Highly recommend, especially for those like myself. ...more
Sue
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Risqué Romance Volume 1 contains 2 novellas, Awakened and Enthralled.
These stories are super sexy and erotic! I loved Mia and Erik. It was easy to root for them. Dieri and Mirela’s story sucked me right in. I love the backstory that we get with them. All around very enjoyable reads.

Andi
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In Mandi Konesni, you get to meet two very different couples from two very different worlds. I loved the mythology that Konesni used for each of the stories.

In Awakened, you meet Mia. She's living a simple and safe life, where she doesn't think she's anything special. After being bullied into a charity auction, by her best friend, she has a date with Erik. That's when the dreams start. Mia was totally easy to relate to. I instantly fell in love with her. Erik is just yummy and I want to know wh
Donna
Feb 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a genre that I don't read and so this is a first. My personal tastes run in the horror genre which is, under ordinary circumstances, a far cry from romance. As it's always a good idea to broaden the reading horizon, I delved into Risque Romance Vol. 1 with an open mind.

As this book is comprised of two novellas, I'll review each one in turn.

First up is Awakened.

The story of Mia and Erik. We get a good feel for each of the characters as they are fairly well created for us. Our connectio
Lorraine Fleming
Feb 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
2 good stories which had me wishing for more. This is volume 1, looking forward to what volume 2 has in store
Tammy Barrentine
Jan 04, 2020
Michelle Savage
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING! Just love Mandi's Work. ...more
Sara Fitzgerald
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You get double the enjoyment with this book.
The first story shows what is most important us what is inside you, your heart, your soul. Even as others call you plain. For the right one....you are everything. You will risk yor life for the chance.
Fantastic story.
The second story tells us that time has a way if changing how you look at things.
For years he was hunting to kill. Now he is hunting for salvation. Can fates allow a second chance. A redemption. A love for the stars.
Fantastic.
Cannot wait f
Jessica Stewart
Sep 01, 2019
Cheryl
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Konesni gives us two different tales of two different couples. Tales of love, sacrifice, redemption, and forever. Utterly fantastic! Loved it! Can't wait for book 2. ...more
Valerie Doane
Sep 01, 2019
Linda Rea
Apr 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Mia doesn't want to date she just wants to be left alone but when she promised her friend Jess she would go to an auction she didn't know it would've her auctioned off. When a man bids 15,000 for plain dumpy her she is very confused but she agreed to go on a date so she goes. She has been having weird dreams and when she finally gets to see Erik she has a face to go with her dreams. Strange idea but kinda cool.
I requested this book for free from the author and have decided to review it
Tania Fitzgerald
Apr 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is spit into two different Novellas, so basically you get a two for one deal.
Mandi has given us first up Awakenings, the story is nice, it stars our first couple Erik and Mia, it is dreamy and at times intense, the main sex scene is erotic.
But you are never completely sure of what Erik is, you assume that Mia's idea on this is true, but he never actually says it. I feel it could be made successfully into a longer book or have a second book written.
The second book is Enthralled, in this
Lori Hammons
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The two stories in this book were both amazing reads. In Awakened, Mia and Erik's story was incredible, I liked how it developed and then Mia changed it. I am waiting for a Thalia's story now (hint hint). In Entralled, Mirela and Dieri's in amazing in the mythology of their families for centuries before they ever meet. ...more
Lynda
Sandy
Dec 22, 2018
Jessica
Dec 22, 2018

• What Doesn't Kill You (Game of Love, #1)
  • Man Fast (Bergen Brothers, #1)
  • Filthy Rich Boys (Rich Boys of Burberry Prep, #1)
  • The Free (The Wild, #2)
  • Friends with Benefits (Dirty Love, #1)
  • All The Letters I’ll Never Send You (Handwritten & Heartbroken Book 1)
  • Of Smoke And Cinnamon: A Christmas Story
  • Art of Loyalty (Stern Family Saga, #4)
  • Surviving the Storm (Storm, #2)
  • Art of War (Stern Family Saga, #3)
  • Caught in the Storm (The Storm Series Book 1)
  • Strictly Business (Mixing Business With Pleasure #1)
  • Blood Lust (Royal Bastards MC, #1)
  • Out of My League (Hope Valley, #1)
  • Come Back Home Again (Hope Valley, #2)
  • Art of Seduction (Stern Family Saga, #1)
  • Art of Forgiveness (Stern Family Saga, #2)
  • The Best of Me (Hope Valley #3)
I'm Mandi. All my life I told everyone that I would be a writer...I just didn't know what I was going to write about. Naturally, they told me to chase my dreams but didn't expect much. Well, here I am...31 years old and a writer. It took a lot for me to get where I am, but I don't regret any of it!

In addition to writing, I run an online store at mandismuses.net, a roleplaying website, and have ju

News & Interviews