Start by marking “Legal Wolf's Mate (Their Furever Mates #1)” as Want to Read:
Legal Wolf's Mate (Their Furever Mates #1)

Legal Wolf's Mate

(Their Furever Mates #1)

Part of the "Growl" anthology (Also available as a single)

In Legal Wolf's Mate, taking on a pro bono murder case isn't a problem for a lawyer who enjoys a challenge. Discovering that his new client is his mate? A tad more complicated. Gavin has no intention of settling down, especially not with a woman accused of murder, but once he sets eyes on Megan, his fate is sealed.
Published October 4th 2016 by St Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about Legal Wolf's Mate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Legal Wolf's Mate

Start your review of Legal Wolf's Mate (Their Furever Mates #1)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Legal Wolf’s Mate is by Eve Langlais. It is currently available in the Growl (Feral Passions #1) anthology along with stories by A.C. Arthur and Kate Douglas. This will be available by itself on October 4. This book was generously provided to me in exchange for an honest review by NetGalley, St. Martin’s Press, and by the author.

He doesn't wear a suit very often, but if he did, this is what he'd look like;):

Gavin is a successful lawyer who always wins his cases, no matter what. He was turned into a wolf against his will by a crime lord hoping to secure his very own lawyer,
Jen
3.5 She’s MINE Stars

The last thing Megan remembers before waking up to the police busting down her door and arresting her for murder was coming home to her apartment, Thai food in hand, with the hopes of some serious chillaxing time. How the hell did she end up in jail for a crime she has no recollection of committing? Who could want to frame her for her boss’ death? And what the heck happened to her takeout?

When sexy mofo and badass defense attorney, Gavin is asked by a friend to help Megan out
Madison Warner Fairbanks
Legal Wolf’s Mate by Eve Langlais
Hilarity in the prose and situations plus twists for the fated mates. Silly and fun lines like “Mess with my woman, mess with me. Apparently, wolves like cavemen had a lot in common.”
Sexy and comedic romance that leaves me asking who’s next. And then the author clearly tells you in the epilogue.
Love this author.
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
Release Date: October 4, 2016

Told in 3rd person and dual POV, this book was the tale of successful attorney and werewolf, Gavin (who was extremely hot), working to exonerate Megan of murder. It didn't help that she seemed to be framed and that he didn't have all of the facts of the case. It also didn't help that someone out there was out to get her. Or that he was extremely attracted to her. Or that she was his mate! Did I mention that Megan was human? And that she was reluctant? Not to mention
Anna's Herding Cats

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup.
Amazon: http://amzn.to/2cVhZG8

Legal Wolf's Mate-- a paranormal quickie that's full of entertaining characters. The basic gist is that Megan has been set up for her new boss's murder and our dashing hero, Gavin, just happens to be a lawyer and intrigued. And a little knocked back on his ass since it turns out his new client...totally his future mate.

This was a pretty fun read at first. I really enjoyed Gavin and Megan. She's a little fiery, he's a
Marta Cox
Sep 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Three and a half from me
This story by Eve Langlais is also available in an anthology called Growl so if you own that book than this story will not be new to you. I've loved her purple aliens so finding out her take on wolves was something I was very keen to do and must admit it was quite a surprise !
Gavin is a lone wolf and I was very intruiged by his relationship with the wolf who turned him but alas it's a short story so I'm left wanting more information about that. When Gavin is asked to
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 3.5 Stars *****

Legal Wolf's Mate was a good fast read. Gavin is a lone wolf that enjoys being alone. Everything changed until he was asked to represent a woman with a murder case. This story was a bit mysterious and involved some god action scenes.

description description description

description
Elaine
This is a lovely, fast, paranormal read. It has great characters and plenty of surprises along the way. Gavin is a lawyer and a lone wolf. A friend asks him to take on a pro bono case defending a secretary who is accused of murdering her boss. As soon as he sees her he recognises she’s his mate. Is she really innocent? Can he defend her - and resist temptation whilst doing so?

This story has some highly original twists and is full of surprises. The characters are well developed and they have some
So, I Read This Book Today
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
“You’re my lawyer, or maybe not. I’m really beginning to rethink this whole idea.”

“Ah yes, because you’d rather take your chances with your public defenderre, who has advised you to what? Oh, that’s right, plead guilty.” – Eve Langlais – Legal Wolf’s Mate

Fabian Garoux absolutely, positively, without a doubt, is not a sucker for a sob story. No. Really. After all, he is an attorney . . . (Argh!!! Run Away! Run Away!!!!) But when the best friend who found you running around naked in the woods
Amanda
Rating 2.5

You know I was actually enjoying it up until the plot twist and it just ruined it. He's kind of an asshole domineering alpha wolf which worked for him. She was funny and sassy and wasn't taking his shit. She could give right back. and then....

It went from funny and sassy to this stupid plot twist that was just threw everything off. I don't mind a strong female character, in fact I love them, but this just felt way off. I was enjoying the characters as they were and then there is an
All Things Urban Fantasy
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy:

There are so many fun surprises in LEGAL WOLF’S MATE that I was grinning the whole time I was reading it. The characters are fun, the mystery is just weird enough to be interesting, and the romance is smoking hot.

In a world where only men can be werewolves, the women who they love need to be strong. Gavin isn’t sure that Megan is strong enough to deal with being a wolf’s mate, but as soon as he sees her sitting in his waiting room, he knows he has to
melissa
Sep 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was by far the strongest story in the Growl anthology so I'm rather happy it's been released by itself.

Cocky, super lawyer Gavin is blindsided by his mate who may or may not be a murderer. Lots of steamy goodness on the way to unraveling this who done it.

*Digital review copy provided by NetGalley & the publisher.
MrsJoseph *grouchy*

Legal Wolf's Mate is part of the Growl anthology but it can be purchased as a standalone here.

I was rather excited about Legal Wolf's Mate: the blurb seemed right up my alley so its the only reason I read this anthology. I've not read a lot of Eve Langlais lately as the last few books by her that I've read have been more miss than hit for me.

I was really, really hoping that Legal Wolf's Mate would change that for me... It did and it didn't at the same
Heather
Sep 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Gavin is a very successful lawyer and a werewolf. A werewolf that doesn't really believe in the idea of "the One" and prefers instead to play the field. However, when he meets his newest client, Gavin realizes it is not a myth. Now he must get his client acquitted of murder and convince her that they are meant to be together. But Megan has a few secrets of her own that may or may not conflict with Gavin's plans.
This was a steamy paranormal novella that was full of surprises and humor. Megan's
Patty
Oct 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, library
I read this from the Growl anthology.
⚜️Trea
DISCLAIMER: I RECEIVED AN E-ARC FROM THE PUBLISHER THROUGH NET GALLEY IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW. RECEIPT OF THIS BOOK IN THIS MANNER DOES NOT AFFECT MY OPINION OF THE BOOK OR THE CONTENT OF MY REVIEW!

I've read a few of the author's other works, and they were hit and miss for me, but it had been a few years since I had read one of her works, so when the publisher asked me to read and review this one, I decided to take a shot at it. Unfortunately, I wasn't that impressed with it.

I started
Arys
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Legal Wolf's Mate by Eve Langlais is a sexy paranormal shifter romance, wrapped with some mystery, and topped with a wicked twist to make this fun story completely irresistible.

At the insistence of his friend and fellow shifter, Gavin takes on a pro bono case for a woman being accused of murdering her boss. He has no problem trying to defend a suspected murderess. However, this wolf-shifting lawyer, is completely thrown for a loop when he realizes his new client is his mate!

For Megan, one day
Questian
Oct 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was given as an ARC from the publisher.

This was actually a part of an Anthology of Eve Langlais Kate Douglas and A.C. Arthur.
It was pretty much of the same content but, reading it again brings back the humor the first time I read it.

I so love Gavin, and remembering how obnoxious he was brought the memories back. He wasn’t gullible, nor he was stupid, but, he is just in love and lawyer makes things a little bit dicey. I remember him being charming and demanding and how pissed he was. But
 Reading In Pajamas
Dec 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Review: LEGAL WOLF’S MATE by Eve Langlais http://wp.me/p3d0RZ-7on
Publication Date: October 4, 2016
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Reviewed by: Reading in Pajamas/ Donna
Rated 4 Stars

This was a fun, fast paced story that had me guessing until the end. Sexy Gavin, an attorney no less, struggles to snare his little rabbit Megan. They both met their match in each other and it was fun watching them both realize it. Overall it was a sexy, funny mystery.

*Review copy provided by NetGalley in exchange for an
Ruckasaurus Rex
Oct 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
**advance reader copy received via NetGalley**

Legal Wolf’s Mate is an adorable shifter story by paranormal romance veteran Eve Langlais. At 113 pages, it is definitely a shorter tale, but this author knows how to work the length. First presented in the Growl anthology, this tale of lawyer meets client included shifter action and notorious crime bosses. Fans of Langlais know that she loves to use snark and humor in her work, and this was no exception. I will say that the heroine in this case
Helen Burton
Oct 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have just finished reading this book and found it an entertaining read.

The characters are well developed, strong and funny. I found myself laughing on so many occasions and it kept me reading until the very end. I loved the two main characters and their interactions were awesome!! The story was well presented and I found myself trying to work out who the bad guy was, which tells you how well it was written.

I'm looking forward to reading future books by Eve Langlais and will certainly be
Heather andrews
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
With Gavin it's not all about business 24/7, “I will, in a minute. First, I think we need to take care of more pressing business .” His business pressed against her lower belly." Gavin can do smart things...when it suits him, "he ducked as she threw the glass bowl of candy on the table. “I see you need time to process this, and I really should go get that paperwork done.” He just couldn’t help himself. He flashed her a cocky grin..." I really loved this book, and I can't wait for more to come in ...more
Cathy Geha
Sep 30, 2016 rated it liked it
If you are looking for a fun way to spend the afternoon with an alpha werewolf lawyer who has just realized his next client is also his mate then this book might be for you. There is heat, humor, happiness and there are also a few unexpected twists that keep things moving right along. This was quick and easy to read and I would like to thank NetGalley and St. Martin’s Press for the ARC in exchange for my honest review.

3.5 Stars
Ambrosia
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
Not up to her usual abilities. Not only was it not as funny as usual, but it wasn't as well-written. It did a lot of telling, not showing. The dialogue was clumsy. Disappointing.
Susan Parks
Sep 25, 2016 rated it liked it
Sandra
May 07, 2018 rated it liked it
I enjoyed it but it seemed a bit rushed, which might have been because it was originally written for an anthology.

Megan our h, is a surprise package and the chemistry between her & Gavin, our werewolf H, is explosive. Gavin just doesn't understand why his fated mate isn't agreeing with everything he says, most of which is for her protection. She's been framed for murder and as a down on her luck secretary, she should just be saying Yes, please. Nah not her, the arguing & bickering was
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥
*ARC*

I am normally a huge fan of Eve Langlais so when I had the opportunity to read and review Legal Wolf’s Mate I was excited, unfortunately though it was not one that I enjoyed. I love paranormal romance, especially shifters but this one was sort of all over the place and that took away from the plot. I also think parts were under developed or rushed. This one had the potential to not only set up more books in the series but to be a book that I would have loved. I wonder if it had been longer
Toula
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Garry is a lawyer . A very powerful lawyer that didn't believe in Mates. Where a wolf knew who his live long partner is going to be . He gets a call to defend a lady (yes a lady wolf ) from a murder charge . She is charged with killing her boss. Gary takes one look at her and he just knows . The dating and fooling around is done for him. The lady has things going against her . There is a fire at her apartment where the police thinks she set it . Everywhere she turns or tries to clear her name ...more
L M
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Read in the Growl anthology.
A good paced fun humorous read with a great twist.
Wolf lawyer gets to defend a woman from a murder charge. Turns out she is his mate and a hell of a lot more than anticipated.
Klára
Apr 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Those two were fun ;) I liked it.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Owning the Beast
  • Thief
  • Howl For It (Pride, #0.5)
  • Dreams of a Highlander (Arch Through Time, #1)
  • Ruby Dragon (Awakened Dragons, #3)
  • Big Bad Beast (Pride, #6)
  • Double Dragons (Dragons of New York, #1)
  • Breaking a Legend (Kavanagh Legends, #1)
  • The Beast in Him (Pride, #2)
  • Onyx Dragon (Awakened Dragons, #1)
  • Obsidian (New Species, #8)
  • Amaury's Hellion (Scanguards Vampires, #2)
  • Guardian of a Highlander (Arch Through Time, #0.5)
  • Samson's Lovely Mortal (Scanguards Vampires, #1)
  • Feral Passions: A Shifter Romance
  • The Virgin Cowboy (Cowboys & Virgins, #4)
  • Love & Ink
  • His Ward
~ New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author

Hello, my name is Eve Langlais and I am an International Bestselling author who loves to write hot romance, usually with werewolves, cyborgs or aliens .

I should warn you, I have a twisted imagination and a sarcastic sense of humor something I like to let loose in my writing. While well known for my shifter stories, I am also extremely partial to

Their Furever Mates (6 books)
  • Catch a Tiger by the Tail (Their Furever Mates #2)
  • Alpha's Mate (Their Furever Mates #3)
  • Bearing His Sins (Their Furever Mates, #4)
  • Bearing His Name (Their Furever Mates #5)
  • Bearing His Touch