Start by marking “The Power of your Subconscious Mind” as Want to Read:
The Power of your Subconscious Mind

The Power of your Subconscious Mind

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  33,948 ratings  ·  1,868 reviews
Chapter after chapter, this astounding book combines ancient wisdom with modern science to bring its readers not only new insights but actual techniques they can use in daily living.
Published by Amazing Reads (first published 1962)

To ask other readers questions about The Power of your Subconscious Mind, please sign up.
Annette Rivers

Our mind is the central processing center of our soul and body. We must guard and protect our mind against distractions. Check this out: Destiny Driven: The Leader Locked Inside Independently published https://www.amazon.com/dp/1520728832/...

(less)

·  33,948 ratings  ·  1,868 reviews

Khurram
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this book. Even though there is a lot of information imparted in the book and it is, it is broken in to many small sections (chunks as I call them), making the book much easier to read. Even though this books was written many year ago (first published in 1963), everything in the book is still true.

I have always been interested in the topic of the of the subconscious mind, to my it is where ideas are born from, where people conscious personality and actions stem from. I like the i
Scott Stoinis
Oct 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
It has made me aware of the enormously faculty we have to use our full capacity of our mind to start living and seeing ourselves capable of accomplishing what ever you set your mind to be or do. I bought this book at special price from here:
Kathy
May 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one that needs to be re-read many times, which I will do.
Bill Taylor
I do enjoy self help books - some have even helped, but I'm afraid this is a load of tosh. Perhaps I exaggerate but its showing its age and doesn't stand up to criticism now. Three points...

1. There are far too many biblical references and one begins to suspect there is a religious driver behind this.

2. Can you seriously expect to influence someone else's health with the power of your sub-conscious - come on. Does your sub-conscious mind really heal a cut leg? I don't think so.

3. Sadly I've been
Avel Rudenko
This is one of the greatest books ever written. I recently read Optimal Thinking: How To Be Your Best Self and I have to tell you that it is the next step past positive thinking. Train your mind with Optimal Thinking and you won't have to settle for second best! Some of the positive affirmations mentioned in this book, worked wonders for my life. The power of subconscious mind is really powerful if we really believe in it. The concept of harmony, peace and abundance that the author wrote is real ...more
David
Sep 30, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Many claims, not a sniff of evidence. Bullshit
★1740 Investments★
This book will give you the key to the most awesome power within your reach!

This remarkable book has already helped readers the world over achieve the seemingly impossible just by learning how to bring the incredible force of the subconscious under their control. Now you, too, can learn these powerful techniques for changing your life simply by changing your beliefs.

Dr. Murphy combines time-honored spiritual wisdom with cutting-edge scientific research to explain the influence of the subconscio
Pixel Word
You may have to read (or listen to) this book a few times to fully absorb it. When it started (the audio version) I thought, this guy is talking too fast, there is no serene and calming background music, he said conscious-unconscious mind like a billion times, and the first 15-20 min I couldn't wait for it to finish so I can rate it poorly. *grins* But something happened, I adapted to his pace and started listening and LIKING the book. I thought, oooh so this is the book Rhonda turned into The S ...more
Katherine Basto
Jun 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book, written in the 1960s contributed to the New Thought Movement and some of its teachings are evident in books such as "The Secret". Dr. Joseph Murphy did not get the credit he deserved. I found this book about 6 months ago and it's changed my view of many things and offered a paradigm shift in how I look at and react to daily circumstances and life's challenges. Basically, the messages we give ourselves and/or messages from parents and teachers etc. for good or bad are filtered through ...more
Nick
Sep 03, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A book from another era, The Power of Your Subconscious Mind blends religion, Freud, and self-help to create a feel-good, low-effort way to make your life better: just say what you want over and over again and hope your ucs mind is listening.

It is, of course, which is why this stuff does work, just not as spectacularly as Mr. Murphy claims in his homilies of people who thought their way to fabulous wealth or curing a cancer. The better application is to cure a long-standing fear you have or a m
Ishita
Dec 21, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
When I started this book, I thought this was gonna be good. The title was really interesting and I'll admit it was an impulsive purchase and I didn't know the author was a Minister. While I have no objections to that or to anything that's written in the book, I find this book a little too absurd. I am all for meditating and believing and about the subconscious faith but this feels like a book for the lazy. And TBH, this book just straight out defies the laws of medicine at some point!

The only so
Orea
this book is MY BIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!since 1994!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gregory
Sep 24, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed learning about changing myself from within. The stories were a little too fantastical sometimes.

Main Concepts:
- Change your thoughts, change your destiny
- You become what you think about all day
- You deserve abundance; wealth, success, life, love, health
- Monitor your thoughts; negative thoughts are DAMAGING and hold you back
- Don't expect free lunch; it's only when you GIVE that you receive ten-fold
- One universal mind; praying for others can impact their life just as effectively as i
Krystal
Three stars for the book itself but a solid five for its ideas.

I love the concept of using your imagination to change your life. It makes a lot of sense to me and appeals to the creative me. One of my favourite literature quotes is, 'I like them to talk nonsense. That is man's one privilege over all creation.' I love that there is no limit to what our minds can do. And to harness that power to alter one's life for the better is a truly inspiring idea.

I do honestly believe that what we think, we
Pooja Singh
*Book review*
🌼
"The only path by which another person can upset you is through your own thought."
- Joseph Murphy, The power of your subconscious mind
🌼
The power of your subconscious mind, as is clear from the title, dwells on the importance of one's consciousness and its power to heal, create and make one's life better. The power of positive affirmations and optimal thinking, and how it can work wonders in practical life where one might find themselves going through hard times on more occasions th
Philip
Sep 04, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Philip by: Stevey McGeown
I wanted to read the Secret but got the DVD instead and as a Christian and Catholic actually stopped watching it because I didn't think Bob Proctor gave God the credit He deserves in all of this. I was still drawn to the "secret" ideas and thinking though and I was looking for something similar but with a Christian injection. Joseph Murphy wrote the exact book I needed to read.

Guard your thoughts for you are what you think about all day. If you focus on the negative then that's what your life wi
Bayan
Dec 30, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this book is unbelievably good, it changed alot of my thinking... for me, I'm already familiar to these ideas (depending on the religious teachings) but I've never known about the scientific basics of them! interesting, and I strongly recommend this book! :)
Ujjawal Sureka
Genre: Self-improvement
Publication Date: 1962

This book is an inspiration.
It gives a really sensible approach to having faith in oneself and having faith on our subconscious mind.
This book also tells that the Bible is really referring to the powers within us as god's powers.
(This is also a thing pointed out in Dan Brown's: The Lost Symbol.)
It offers a mild spiritual journey.
Highly recommended.
Amber Tucker
I'm really not sure I'm going to finish this. So far it's gearing up to be 300-odd pages of, as someone else here has pointed out, unsubstantiated "scientific" theories and anecdotal "evidence". I believe in the power of the mind, NO question whatsoever. But sometimes I think new-age types are overcomplicating the business. What business? The business of THINKING. To tell the truth, I've been into this power-of-the-mind theory for at least five or six years, seeing and hearing and reading it fro ...more
Hirdesh
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: get-it
Great book.
I think everyone should read it once in his/her life.
It would enables one to your thoughts,thinking, intellects and wisdom.
The things you do on your life, as well as easy to figure it out the consequences of your actions and thoughts throughout life.
Thanks Paula, I got this books in your shelf.
Sidharth Vardhan
Jan 18, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, nobel, usa
The Power of Pseudoscience crap

You can not win with Murphy. If you get what you 'prayed' for, it shows power of your subconscious mind. If you don't, than you didn't pray right. And there is, of course, no other way to know if a prayer was done right except by the result. The book is a terrible mixture of pseudoscience, faith healing non-sense, some stupid coincidences used as examples of rules and so on. One can only find such genius for nonsense in motivational writers. The worse part though i
Dhruv Sharma
There are 2 aspects of the book, let me try to explain these in my way.

First Aspect: It is true that the mind has ability to control your body & emotion. Even in situation of utter pain one can find peacewhereas another can get depress in peace feeling lonely. Technically your mind has this ability, but now the question is how you control this ability and use it in the way you want…., and the answer is by "Believe".

Once you start believing positively in something and you put all your efforts
Q.T. Pi
I like reading these kinds of books cause they do leave you with a feeling of optimism but I'm also skeptical of the lessons they teach. I mean this book basically tells you to practice mastering your conscious mind in order to persuade your subconscious mind and once you do that the world is open to you. While I can believe some of the lessons like overcoming fears by visualizing yourself overcoming that fear and being cheered by all your friends and family for doing so, I don't know if I buy t ...more
Nura Yusof

This reads like a something about nothing. An all fluff self-help book that I've been avoiding all these years.

My cynicism is of course, the problem. Since this is the year of trying new things and keeping an open mind (for me), I am pleasantly surprised by the logic presented in this book. This is of course, after I've told my conscious mind to go easy on the criticism.

Logic. Common sense. That is essentially how a self-help book sells itself. And how the old me would have protested and said "
Catherine
Although this book begins intriguing through subject matter, it spins a quick web of insecure sources and personal stories which obtain no scientific proof. The references are unstable and the book definitely does not follow the proper APA format for research follow-up. There is only the idea of what can come from the subconscious mind, without the dedication and research to back these ideas through such aspects as SPSS or proper statistics. The book is very interesting but, the lack of research ...more
Deepak
Apr 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's a must read for all. I learnt a very big lesson after reading this that we become what we think and that the thoughts take shape in the subconscious and then come back to us in reality. So we must think a thousand times before letting a negative thought enter into the conscious and subconscious mind. The author has revealed the power of the inner self that is our subconscious and that everyone can tap its enormous power. The book describes the methods for praying and its power.
And the most
beingsilent
just like another self help book, I knew everything this book wanted me to know. Like all self help book this book also promises to shower the world at your feet, but alas we know and realise that 'all the sayings are not a piece of cake'..!
Tilak Khurana
Jun 16, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
After reading this book I lost the power of my conscious mind :(
Helly
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Hmm...I found it. ..Very weird. I understand the concept but the examples and writing style are absolutely weird.
Iona  Stewart
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Joseph Murphy is one of the all-time greats. He tells us about the amazing powers of our subconscious mind to heal us and provide us with everything we want, when we convey positive ideas to it by “repetition, faith and expectancy”.

Our subconscious has the answer to all problems, if we give the right orders to it. “Change your thoughts, and you change your destiny”.

“Think good and good follows. Think evil, and evil follows.” Your subconscious mind accepts what your conscious mind decrees. Watch
Book Review 1 3 Apr 12, 2019 05:26PM
How much do you believe in the power of the Sub-conscious mind and why? 1 13 Jan 23, 2019 08:35AM
Goodreads Librari...: Please combine 2 12 Sep 11, 2018 12:04PM
O que você achou do resumocast dessa semana? 2 1 Dec 14, 2016 07:29AM

• The Science of Being Great: The Practical Guide to a Life of Power
  • Your Invisible Power: A Presentation of the Mental Science of Thomas Troward
  • The Secret of the Ages
  • Law of Attraction: The Science of Attracting More of What You Want and Less of What You Don't
  • The Path of Prosperity
  • Creative Visualization: Use the Power of Your Imagination to Create What You Want in Your Life
  • The Magic of Believing
  • You'll See It When You Believe It: The Way to Your Personal Transformation
  • Excuse Me, Your Life Is Waiting: The Astonishing Power of Feelings
  • Money, and the Law of Attraction: Learning to Attract Wealth, Health, and Happiness
  • I Can Make You Rich
  • The Dynamic Laws of Prosperity
  • Live with Passion!: Stategies for Creating a Compelling Future
  • The Power (The Secret, #2)
  • Psycho-Cybernetics, A New Way to Get More Living Out of Life
  • The Mind Map Book: How to Use Radiant Thinking to Maximize Your Brain's Untapped Potential
  • The Power Of Focus
  • The Science of Mind
(Arabic: جوزيف ميرفي)
Joseph Murphy was a Divine Science minister and author.

Murphy was born in Ireland, the son of a private boy's school headmaster and raised a Roman Catholic. He studied for the priesthood and joined the Jesuits. In his twenties, an experience with healing prayer led him to leave the Jesuits and move to the United States, where he became a pharmacist in New York (having a degree
“Just keep your conscious mind busy with expectation of the best.” 106 likes
“The only path by which another person can upset you is through your own thought.” 73 likes