Start by marking “Four Days: A Luci Wijn Novel” as Want to Read:
Four Days: A Luci Wijn Novel

Four Days: A Luci Wijn Novel

“I knew. I always knew that his hold on me was so close to absolute that it made no odds."

When your partner, your lover, your coach cheats on you it's supposed to be easy to end things. It's supposed to be.

It wasn't. Not for twenty-four-year-old Luci Wijn. Not even being a world away from that man was far enough to end it.

Luci had long ago given up on having the life she'd
Published December 2015 by Eltham Press (first published October 5th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Four Days, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Four Days

Phillip Stephens
Tough sell, worth the read

Ten years ago, before the emergence of Indy Publishing, publishers would have shuffled Jamie Campbell's Four Days to a category known as "midlist." The definition differed, depended on whom you talked to, but midlist authors were never believed capable of hitting the bestseller lists. Nor did they fit in an easily marketable genre.

Four Days fits that description. Campbell lists it as a sports romance, but it's not a romance novel by traditional standards (admittedly, I
Kay Castaneda
Sep 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Four Days: A Lucy Wijn Novel is a contemporary romance. The protagonist, Lucy, needs security even though she’s traveled the world as a professional tennis player since she was a teenager. Lucy was a brave young girl, and her only cares were playing tennis. Her five year relationship with Piet, a not too lovable guy, now becomes stale. Lucy is unsure of herself as the story begins. She debates whether to break up with Piet when he becomes possessive. Alone and single, Lucy attends her friend’s ...more
Ashleigh Z.
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Four days. Two people who are struggling to find themselves. A twist of fate.

These are the ingredients of a great romance novel.

When Luci and Jimmy find themselves on an unexpected road trip through New Zealand, the journey quickly becomes about much more than reaching the final destination.

Along the way we learn about the characters, as well as the backdrop around them. Luci is Flemish, Jimmy is a New Zealander. They both have a love and passion for sport, and they both feel the pressure to
Hinke
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Luci Wijn is a professional tennis player from Belgium and in the four days the book describes, she travels from her friend's wedding to her next tournament with a man from the party who has offered her a ride. She realises her boyfriend back in Holland is a control freak who hasn't contributed positively to her life or her tennis career. And she falls in love with her travel companion. We don't get to know this man much, he seems the ideal empathic partner with good tennis tips as an added bonu ...more
Sandy Hogarth
Nov 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Four days in which, owing to an airstrike, Luci and James cross New Zealand together, and, in the end commit to each other despite their itinerant lives - especially Luci, a professional tennis player. I enjoyed the build up of the relationship - sensitive, leisurely, hesitant. I’m only moderately interested in tennis but that was no barrier when James, a footballer, takes it on himself to improve Luci’s game.

Jamie Campbell digs deep into their personalities and their pain and doubt, especially
Medavis66
Jul 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very comfortable read. I enjoyed the journey immensely. I thought I was training with Luci and James and getting to know them, too, I felt so involved in the book. With Luci being a Flemish tennis pro on tour I got to enjoy references I was familiar with and interested in. I am an avid tennis fan, so I could almost envision things referred to in this book. Love the build up and hint of a possible future. I would be in line to read more of this storyline, so I hope it continues.

ARC provided in ex
Deanna (A Novel Glimpse)
Note: I received an e-book from the author in exchange for an unbiased review.

Four Days is unlike any other new adult contemporary sports romance I've read. In fact, I wouldn't necessarily categorize it in that genre. Four Days felt more like it belonged in the women's fiction genre to me. The focus of the story wasn't the romance. Yes, Luci did connect with James along the way and a big part of the story was her sport, but that wasn't what stood out. The focus of Four Days was a meandering jour
.Joan Morency
Jessa Callaver
Mar 27, 2016
Ciara
Apr 15, 2016
Yvonne (It's All About Books)

Finished reading: June 17th 2017

"In tennis, inches add up to miles. In life they add up that way too. The trick of it is to understand that fact."

*** A copy of this book was kindly provided to me by the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! ***

(view spoiler)
Alexandra
Jan 25, 2018
Support for Indie...: Trailer feedback please 9 21 Oct 23, 2015 09:46PM
Trail-Mix Readers: Four Days by Jamie Campbell 1 12 Jul 05, 2015 07:07AM
Trail-Mix Readers: "Four Days" for $0.99 until Second Tuesday 1 7 Jul 04, 2015 12:16PM
I am a pseudonym, a pen name, a nom de plume. As such, I don't exist in a real sense. I exist to the extent that He lets me exist - at least that's what He tells me.

I am tenuous at best. My very existence is threatened every day - unless I start to pay my way. The threats, the loathing - it really is no way to not quite exist.

I tell Him that I do exist, that I am published. That strangers like wha