Start by marking “The Sun King” as Want to Read:
The Sun King

The Sun King

Young Cecilia Danet is introduced to the opulent world of royalty when she joins the court of King Louis XIV—the Sun King. Having been groomed her whole life for the role of a courtesan prepares her for everything but the intense passion she feels with the brooding and powerful Louis. Their romance builds, but an intriguing twist changes the trajectory of Cecilia’s course ...more
Published February 4th 2016 by Hartwood Publishing (first published 2016)

To ask other readers questions about The Sun King, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sun King

Start your review of The Sun King
Kara
Jul 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance-novel
As a steamy, erotic romance, it’s a perfect example of total wish fulfillment.

The main character has a parent, a sibling, a lover, an in-law and a spouse all bowing to her every need and wish, along with a palace full of servants. Everyone around places her needs and wants as being of prime importance. She is grateful and amazed at every turn as pleasure, love and luxury fall into her lap, so as not to put the reader off by appearing spoiled or unappreciative, allowing the reader to delight in
Pat
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
The great storyline and detailed characters made this book a very enjoyable and entertaining book to read!

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Atlanta Whitlock
Feb 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I know that considering I write reviews for romance books you'd think that I'd be reading through every type of romance book but actually you couldn't be more wrong. This book is based on history romance, and I can honestly say that I am glad that I have had the opportunity to be able to read this book as yes it may not be what I have read in the past but it's a good story and I think that once you gave it a try for yourself then you will understand why I have come to like this book.

This is
Natalie Brock
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was like Gigi meets Fifty Shades, but minus the BDSM.

Sun King is a beautiful, sexy novel filled with all the pomp and circumstance of the era. The descriptions were so evocative and visual that I felt like I was right there in the French ruler’s court. Thanks to the immediacy of the storytelling, I fell in love with the Sun King right along with Cecilia.

Although the love story (or should I say stories) turned out to be somewhat unorthodox and surprising, as a reader I rooted for the
N.W. Moors
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
I was looking for a historical fiction book about Louis XIV and somehow grabbed this one. I should have looked closer because this is more a Man in the Iron Mask erotica story. It's not even particularly well written and certainly not historically accurate aside from getting a few names right.
I wanted to give it one star but felt that I should throw in the extra star since it was my own fault for buying it in the first place without investigating it first.
Beverley Eikli
Apr 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was really drawn in by the author's beautiful descriptions of the court of King Louis XIV The Sun King, through the perceptions of the innocent Cecilia who was destined to become his mistress. As I tore through the pages, sizzling sexual tension became powerful and intensely erotic descriptions of the passionate encounters between the charismatic king and his favourite.

Sandra Kyle does a does a fantastic job of juxtaposing the restraint required by strict protocol with steaming scenes of
Mary Ellen doValle
Feb 28, 2018
Connie
Sep 17, 2017
Sandra Kyle
Feb 07, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-works
The MFRW Book Place: 2 April 2017 - The Sun King 1 2 Apr 02, 2017 12:11AM
Goodreads Reviewe...: Review Request for Historical Romance 2 10 Jun 26, 2016 04:55AM