Start by marking “Toby's Tails: Saying Goodbye to Lucky (Fantasy Farm Tales, #6)” as Want to Read:
Toby's Tails: Saying Goodbye to Lucky (Fantasy Farm Tales, #6)

Toby's Tails: Saying Goodbye to Lucky

(Fantasy Farm Tales #6)

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  4 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Losing an animal is devastating for young and old alike. Our pets are part of our family and for many losing them is like losing a family member. When we lost Lucky, our Golden Retriever, a dear companion who had been with us a long time, we were all devastated. Lucky was a key character in the very first Toby’s Tails book as Toby’s mentor, and I felt his passing couldn’t ...more
Published January 14th 2016 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Toby's Tails, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Toby's Tails

it was amazing 5.00  ·

Liza Perrat
Feb 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Heart-warming and beautifully written. Children’s author, Susan Keefe was devastated when she lost her beloved Golden Retriever, Lucky, a key character in her series of ‘Toby’s Tails’ books.

As Toby’s mentor, his owner felt Lucky’s passing couldn’t go unmarked. Thus, this delightful story (Fantasy Farm Tales Book 6) is dedicated to Lucky’s final days, told from the point of view of Toby, the border collie.

Susan Keefe
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This book was a very difficult book to write. Lucky had been a large part of our life and a much loved member of the family. Losing a pet is devastating and I know how hard it is to come to terms with the loss, both as an adult and child.

Because Lucky had been such an important part of the Toby's Tails books I decided that his passing would give me the opportunity to help children come to terms with this very difficult part of life.

When I read that the Zulu and Ndebele people who live in southe
Simone
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Toby's Tails' Review

Aheart-warming and touching story of a great loss, cherished memories and unforgettable friendships.

Toby's Tails is told through the dark, but glistening eyes of an adorable black and white Border Collie who takes his readers on a nostalgic journey of his friendship with his late and best doggy friend; and mentor, Lucky.

Lucky, a wise old Golden Retriever was sure to prepare and encourage Toby to be the watch-keeper of their family once he had passed on. And, through Lucky's w
Bookmuseuk

Losing a family pet can be a terrible experience for children and the author has skillfully penned this story with the aim of gentl
John Needham
Jan 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Susan Keefe has done it again with this latest charming addition to her Fantasy Farm Series which chronicles the lives of her and her husbands’ pets and the animal residents of their French smallholding.

This time it’s Lucky the elderly golden retriever whose story is told in Susan’s gentle, compassionate style – well, it’s actually the telling of his final few days and peaceful death. That might sound rather distressing to animal lovers of all ages, but believe me; it’s sad but not painful. Luck
Diana
Feb 03, 2016
Jaiden
Apr 07, 2016
Holly Letson
Jan 27, 2017
Award Winning Children's Book Author, Susan Keefe has written the Fantasy Farm Tales series for children who love animals. The books offer a wealth of information about family pets and the natural world. The star is Toby her Border Collie, and all the animals live on or near her smallholding.

There are 8 Fantasy Farm books at the moment and Toby's Tails - Easter at Fantasy Farm won the Favorite Ho

Fantasy Farm Tales (8 books)
  • Toby's Tails (Fantasy Farm Tales, #1)
  • Toby's Tails: The Chicken Patrol (Fantasy Farm Tales, #2)
  • Billy and Daisy's Big Adventure (Fantasy Farm Tales #3)
  • Toby's Tails: Still Wagging (Fantasy Farm Tales, #4)
  • Toby's Tails: The Christmas Kittens (Fantasy Farm Tales, #5)
  • Toby's Tails: Easter at Fantasy Farm (Fantasy Farm Tales, #7)
  • Toby's Tails: Toby Visits Chats du Quercy (Fantasy Farm Tales, #8)