Start by marking “Answering the Toughest Questions About God and the Bible” as Want to Read:
Answering the Toughest Questions About God and the Bible

Answering the Toughest Questions About God and the Bible

Bestselling Authors Tackle Difficult Issues for Believers and Doubters

When it comes to the big questions about God--Is he real? Why are Christians so unlike Jesus? Does he really care about me?--Bruce Bickel and Stan Jantz don't pretend to have all the answers. But they do know how to wrestle with doubt. They welcome questions, and in these pages they ask some of the most
Published October 18th 2016 by Bethany House Publishers

Be the first to ask a question about Answering the Toughest Questions About God and the Bible

Start your review of Answering the Toughest Questions About God and the Bible
Phillip Cole
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
New and long time Christians alike have a tendency to hide doubts about God. Somewhere, the idea became widespread that you have to keep them to yourself instead of seeking answers. Bruce Bickel and Stan Jantz counter this concept in Answering the Toughest Questions About God and the Bible. They encourage Christians to ask questions, and know where to find answers.

I've been in church all my life, and read the Bible through many times, but I still wonder about God and the Bible. It isn't so much
Natacha Ramos
Nov 12, 2016 rated it liked it
I was really attracted by the concept of this book, and I found it very interesting that these authors got the top 10 questions by asking real people what their doubts were.

However, I thought I would find a different kind of approach. I expected the answers to be more skeptic-oriented, and it was like that at first, but at some point it changed. Some answers are so biblical that they require some trust in the Bible as the Word of God to find them relevant.

They do considerate people from all kind
Joan
Nov 07, 2016 rated it liked it
We shouldn't be afraid of tough questions, Bickel and Jantz write. Ultimately, questions will deepen our love for God and lead to sound faith.

The authors chose the top ten questions young people are asking today about God and what it says in His Word. Before answering the questions, however, they lay a foundation by investigating certainty, the importance of listening to others, and the role of trust.

The characteristics and intellectual nature of this book make it suitable for teens. For example
A.C. Cuddy
Dec 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
When it comes to the big questions about God, Bruce Bickel and Stan Jantz don't pretend to have all the answers. But they do know how to wrestle with doubt. They welcome questions, and in these pages they ask some of the most important ones you have about God and the Bible.

With candor, insight, and a disarming touch of humor, Bruce and Stan provide some answers to these critical questions, yet they leave enough space--and grace--for you to keep wrestling, asking, and seeking truth.

Answering the
Mark Little
Sep 16, 2018 rated it did not like it
Not my style of book - can see why someone left it at a South Africa B&B. Pertinent to the title; I hoped this book would answer some of the questions discussed unfortunately it didn’t and left more questions and a great sense of vagueness. However, chapter 9 on the trinity was quite useful for highlighting scripture on the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Also recommended further reading; UNDERSTANDING THE TRINITY - ALISTER MCGRATH perhaps worth checking out!
James Frederick
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really like books like this that cause me to challenge and question what I believe and why. There was nothing here that shocked me or caused me to change my Faith in a revolutionary way. But I liked the tone, for the most part. The book was highly readable and did not bog down in super technical terms that make your eyes water and cure any potential insomnia. This is a great book for seekers or for longtime Christians who are looking for clarity.

David Pierce
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I didn't read this book I studied it. This is well written and straight forward. It was not written to impress but to teach. It accomplished this noble task. It is recommended reading. ...more
Jeanie
Jan 03, 2017 rated it liked it
The kind of faith that leads to salvation involves attitudes of your mind (belief), your spirit (trust), and your heart (adoration).

Ten key questions that author Bruce Bickel has experienced with his ministry that he shares in a question format. In other words, he brings the question - starting with the first one "Is God Real and How Can You Know. Each question reflects how an individual might wrestle with the question and using scripture, you are brought into other questions. The questions are
Kristy Sayer-Jones
Eileen
Oct 27, 2019
David Ra
Jan 25, 2020

• The Prince Warriors and the Unseen Invasion (The Prince Warriors, #2)
  • Unlocking the Bible: What It Is, How We Got It, and Why We Can Trust It
  • The Prince Warriors and the Swords of Rhema (The Prince Warriors, #3)
  • The Bad Mothers' Book Club: A laugh-out-loud novel full of humour and heart