Start by marking “Strong Signal (Cyberlove, #1)” as Want to Read:
Strong Signal (Cyberlove, #1)

Strong Signal (Cyberlove #1)

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  5,179 Ratings  ·  1,063 Reviews
I was counting down the months until the end of my deployment. My days were spent working on military vehicles, and I spent my nights playing video games that would distract me until I could leave Staff Sergeant Garrett Reid behind. That was when I met him: Kai Bannon, a fellow gamer with a famous stream channel. I never expected to become fixated on someone who'd initiall ...more
Published February 15th 2016 by Megtino Press

To ask other readers questions about Strong Signal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Strong Signal

Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦
4.5 Stars!!

description

This awesome duo delivered an enjoyable read, totally addictive with two endearing characters that will win you over from the beginning. I have to admit I was little hesitant reading this one since I’m not really a fan of gamers. I was afraid I will be bored to death or something…While this aspect of the story plays an important role here, it’s not the most important one. At least IMO. That being said, I enjoyed this one tremendously. It’s a great mix of sweetness and sexiness and I’m
Judith
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
***4.5 Stars***

Kai......reclusive gamer (yes,I adored him)

Garrett......soldier in Afghanistan

Well,I started reading this a few weeks ago and the gaming thing really didn't work for me initially so I abandoned it.I decided to give it another go and I'm SO glad I did..I just LOVED it.

Garrett is on his second(and last) tour of duty in Afghanistan.He's gay but not completely out.
He's not enjoying this tour and is looking forward to getting back home even though he's got no idea what he's really goin
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
I don't support this kind of "brand"
Didn't think I was gonna need a Shame-Shame-Shame shelf, but here goes.
Don't know what I'm talking about?

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
.Lili.
Rating removed.

Original review under spoiler. (view spoiler)
J *deep in the heart of Texas*
Megan and Santino collaborating on a book....

I give that combination a

They were the perfect mix. Santino's books tend to be heavier and more emotional. Megan's are sweeter, more light I guess. And funny. She brought the funny to this one....

I LOVED the banter between Kai and Garrett.

I LOVED that they met online. Their chats, emails, messages were perfect.

The heat....oh lawd the heat! Even when thousands of miles apart.

Garrett had a filthy mouth...and I loved it.

Kai was adorable and sweet whil
Santino Hassell
Jan 16, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
STRONG SIGNAL is out now!

You can pick it up at most major retailers including Amazon!

I really love this book.

It was a total joy to write with Megan, and I can't tell you how amazing it was to go on the journey with these characters. We hoped people would be able to relate to the themes we tackled, understand why online relationships can be so powerful, and appreciate the romance between a confused soldier who is about to leave the military and an introverted streamer who primarily lives his life
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘
[review and rating removed] → the reasons why are the subject of my Friday Nope! for today.
P
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
“I stared up at him, thinking it was way too soon to tell him I was already half in love with him. Okay maybe three-quarters.”

I do want Garrett in real life. Please tell where I could get him. He's swoonworthy and his dirty talk is so hot my face flushed. It was unexpected to pick up a book and thought it was just a typical NA but eventually I got these hot dudes and something more than NA instead. Strong Signal has high potentials in the first half, the characters attract to each other and p
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
I was told to read this as it would be exactly what I needed.....

It was exactly what I needed... And dang do I want more

I know what you are thinking, same old same old

This book had it all. It had that heart stopping love, it had big bad military boys, it had gamer boys, it had hot as hell sex, and not just sex it had so much more than that.... It had that love that I LOVE in books❤

So in ending, thanks my dear Maria, I should know by now your recommends are always simply amazing

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
Dia
5 HUGE stars

I just found this GIF that reminded me of Kai and Garret, especially the scene Garret kissed Kai and appeared in the live screen, while his fans went crazy!

This wonderful book kept me up last night. I just couldn't put it down... until the last page. I devoured each page with such passion!!! YEP! IT WAS THAT GOOD!!!

***Ralu*** - thanks again for your recommendation! I knew I will enjoy it, but I just didn't expect to love it.

Brilliant how Megan Erickson and Santino Hassell wrote t
Megan Erickson
Jan 15, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
*on sale now*
Amazon US

Santino and I talked about doing a thing for a while. Well, we finally did that thing.

Um, there's gamer geek stuff, sexting, Skypexing (I made up that word), and I am damn proud of this book.

*fistbumps Santino* 'Til the next one, man.
Ingela
Review written March 18, 2016

4 1/2 Stars - A touching gem (read by many) I'll remember for a long time which is equal to almost highest rating. — My love!!

The new book 'everyone' talked about a few weeks ago: Strong Signal. Also recommended by Mel (5 stars), a 'picky' M/M reader to trust, exactly a month ago. (Thank you my friend!) — As an interesting and heartbreaking sweet romance as a lot of my (wise) friends says?

The answer is YES!
I couldn't stop reading and 4.5 stars may be much (from this
Kade Boehme
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
There aren't many words for how much I adored this. I loved how Megan seems to have brought out a softer side of Santino. It was sexy and lovely and I just adored the MCs. This was a great pairing of authors and I def couldn't recommend it more.
~Mindy Lynn~
I absolutely loved this story and I adored the MC's.

Garrett is gruff, rough, possessive, scowly, and all kinds of hot. He hit all my buttons. He is struggling with his last tour in the Army and also with what his future holds when he finally goes home. Plus there is the problem of needing to tell his family he is gay. With so many Vets being without work and the Government doing a shit job at taking care of the soldiers who make it home, I really felt for him.
Kai... Kai is a character I connec
Gigi
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Beyonce and Gigi say Fuck, yeah DIRTY TALK!

Tamara (緑)
NO , NO and NO

Riptide's statement on Santino Hassell....

And this is where you can find out more about it.

At one point, it came to light just how far this ... person... was willing to go for a book plot. He was viciously exploiting vulnerable people just to get ideas.

It made me sick. It made me feel as if I have violated the people whose lives and experiences he has stolen and put into the books I enjoyed reading.

He is not and never will be a "good writer". He will forever be on my shitlist.
♔ Jaela ♊ Killer ⚔ QUEEN

Overall it was an enjoyable experience. I'll start saying the things I liked about this book.

*Spoilers*

Imagine encountering someone online in the most extraordinary circumstances. Talking and talking endlessly with him. Experiencing together a lot of situations, getting to know him and sharing life stories, getting more and more attached to each other, lusting and daydreaming about the time when you'll meet.

“I was getting coy with a soldier overseas. He was probably off risking his l
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

2/12/17 - Rereading via audiobook to get ready for the release of Hard Wired tomorrow!

--------------------------------------

***4.5 Stars***

...in the billions of people on this shitty planet that I'd never be able to meet in person, the Internet had handed me one person who seemed to be absolutely perfect for me.

This book gave me so much of what I love about romance....my cup runneth over.

The evolution of Kai and Garrett's relationship...from introduction to email to chat to Skype to in per
Adam
I needed this book.

I picked up 'Strong Signal' after a week of one horrifying news story after another. A popular Youtube personality and singer was shot after her concert by a deranged man. An LGBT nightclub was the place of a massacre by a homophobic extremist. Iraqi civilians were gunned down as they tried to escape a war zone. A British member of parliament who worked tirelessly for refugees was assassinated by a xenophobic extremist.

In this era of social media, where we constantly see some
Rachel Reads Ravenously
Jan 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

M/M has always been my go to genre for when I don't know what to read. Many of my trusted M/M friends loved this one so I decided to give it a shot and it was a terrific break from reality. This is the story of two gamers, one a deployed soldier and the other with his own gaming channel. They become friends on the internet and over time it becomes more.

I really enjoyed this one, I did. I not a huge fan of cyber/phone sex in my romance books and obviously because of the story there was
Mare SLiTsReaD Reviews
(review removed)

Slim Shady. How come you won't stand up?????
The real Slim Shady.......

Crickets. Criccckkkkettttsssssssssss
Jo
Feb 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing

I loved this book!!

“I’m outta here soon, Kai,” he said. “I’ll be home.”
“I’m so happy for you.”
“Yeah, but that means I get to see you. That means I get to finally touch you. You want to know how often I think about that? Every day. All the time.”

Staff Sergeant Garrett Reid can’t wait until the end of his deployment. By day he works on the military vehicles, and by nights he plays video games. Then he meets Kai Bannon, a gamer who is quite famous for his stream channel. Their first meeting doe

Alvin
THIS WAS HARD TO PUT DOWN!

I enjoyed this book really well!
I know that the authors wanted to capture relationships that started online in this series. And I have to say, as one who experienced one myself, that they were successful in doing it.

This is my first Megan Erickson and Santino Hassell book and I feel I'm stupid for not reading their books before. I know some of them but this is the first one that I wanted to read because their other books seem heavy.

Kai is basically my spirit animal. I
DW
May 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-love
4 Cyberlove stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐

This was fun. I really had a good time with this one. As much as I liked Garrett, Kai was my favorite. I really like his awkwardness.

I am not into the whole gaming thing but I didn't really think of that way.

Garrett is on his last tour in Afghanistan. To pass the time, he plays video games live. That is where he meets Kai. Kai is a "recluse". He never leaves his apartment.. Ever! He plays games and streams live videos to paying subscribers. When Garrett and Kai start mess
Kaje Harper
Feb 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, favorites
A story about a reclusive guy with anxiety (like Kai) and a strong military man (like Garrett) had the potential to wallow in some overused M/M clichés, but for the most part this story felt believable and real. The two men make a strong connection online, while Garrett is deployed, and Kai is holed up in his apartment, making a living from his online exploits in both gaming and past solo-sex-taping. The fact that he'd done the tapes was a good lever to make it plausible that he'd be comfortable ...more
Mel
Jan 15, 2016 added it
Recommends it for: fans of the authors, lovers of contemporary romance
Rating removed because of quite convincing catfish allegations.
The review might go completely once there is a statement from the author(s).

My review on Prism Book Alliance

Boy, was he wrong.
But that’s how Garret and Kai meet: in a dungeon of Fallen World Online, and well, I think neither expected events to turn out the way they did, neither thought o
⊱ Poppy ⊰
Aug 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Every m/m genre lover!
“"Sir, what’s your emergency?
Oh, nothing, just about passed out watching my online Army boyfriend beat off.
Sir, please don’t use this line for non-emergencies.
Have you seen my Army boyfriend? You’d have a heart attack too.
Sir, I’m hanging up now."”

I have never read anything like that in my whole-gamer-turn-bookworm life. Strong Signal got me hooked from the very first page to the last. I just love both of them so much. For the very first time i can't seem to choose which of them i liked the
R * A Reader Obsessed *
4.5 Stars

Pretty much everyone I know loved this and I'm no different.

For me, this was a no frills romance that really did not evoke one complaint in how the story was executed. It was a slow build, plausible look at these two guy's hangups, insecurities, and desperate longing to connect with each other. Surprisingly, I had no qualms about any of their actions/reactions, nor how they went about achieving their happiness.

Kai - scared, vulnerable, he's put up an impenetrable wall until one day he'
  • Fast Connection (Cyberlove, #2)
  • This Other Country (More Heat Than the Sun, #4)
  • Red Dirt Heart 2 (Red Dirt, #2)
  • For Real
  • Out of Nowhere (Middle of Somewhere, #2)
  • Carry the Ocean (The Roosevelt, #1)
  • Only Love (Only Love #1)
  • Beyond Duty (Beyond Duty, #1)
  • Strength of the Mate (The Tameness of the Wolf #3)
  • Beyond the Sea
  • Daylight Again (Hell or High Water, #3)
  • Absolution (The Protectors, #1)
  • Mark Cooper versus America (Prescott College, #1)
  • Lost Won (Liaisons #3)
  • You Are the Reason (The Tav #2)
  • Everything Changes (Resilient Love #1)
  • Special Forces - Mercenaries Part II (Special Forces, #2 part 2)
Megan Erickson is a USA Today bestselling author of romance that sizzles. Her books have a touch of nerd, a dash of humor, and always have a happily ever after. A former journalist, she switched to fiction when she decided she likes writing her own endings better.

She lives in Pennsylvania with her very own nerdy husband and two kids. Although rather fun-sized, she's been told she has a full-sized
More about Megan Erickson

Cyberlove (4 books)
  • Fast Connection (Cyberlove, #2)
  • Hard Wired (Cyberlove, #3)
  • Mature Content (Cyberlove, #4)
"Sir, what’s your emergency?
Oh, nothing, just about passed out watching my online Army boyfriend beat off.
Sir, please don’t use this line for non-emergencies.
Have you seen my Army boyfriend? You’d have a heart attack too.
Sir, I’m hanging up now."
6 likes
“I didn’t care how unbeatable this Samwise fuckface thought he was. I’d figure out how to beat him eventually. And then I’d dance on his green corpse. After” 3 likes