Start by marking “The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance” as Want to Read:
The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance

The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance

(Cin Craven 0.5 - The Righteous)

The biggest names in paranormal romance have created a fascinating array of 30 short stories of hot blood and inhuman passions that will leave you thirsting for more. Authors include Sherri Erwin, Caitlin R. Kiernan, Jenna Black, Jenna Maclaine, Raven Hart, Delilah Devlin, Keri Arthur, Kimberly Raye, Alexis Morgan, Lilith Saintcrow, C.T. Adams, Cathy Clamp, Susan Sizemore, ...more
Published July 29th 2008 by Running Press Book Publishers (first published July 28th 2008)

Julie (jjmachshev)
Jul 27, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2008-reads
WOW...if you like romance and if you like vampires, how can you pass this one up? There are 25, that's right 2-5 short stories in this 'mammoth' book! Most of the authors haven't hit the biggest of the big time, but many of them are authors I follow. This isn't a full list...but, there are stories by Jenna Black, Jenna Maclaine, Delilah Devlin, Keri Arthur, Alexis Morgan, Shiloh Walker, Rebecca York, Karen Chance, & Vicki Pettersson, among many others. Some I like a lot, some I just liked, a ...more
Cass
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, freebies
4/5 dreams Keri Arthur
Bookwatcher
AND THE OSCAR GO TO…

The best :
* Dancing With The Star by Susan Sizemore (the ending was perfect and hilarious! Great story)

The worst :
* The Music of the Night, by Amanda Ashley (bored me to dead)

The great deception :
* Dreams, by Keri Arthur (I was expecting more from her)

Best couple :
* The Righteous, by Jenna Maclaine

Good read, and enjoy
Kathy Davie
Aug 29, 2010 rated it liked it
C.T. Adams & Cathy Clamp's "To Ease the Rage" was imaginative. Could be interesting as a series.

Keri Arthur's "Dreams" was ... eyyy...

Amanda Ashely's "Music of the Night" was lamely sweet. A fairy tale, sorry, vampire take on Phantom of the Opera.

Jenna Black's "Fangs for Hire" was imaginative but a little too obvious.

Karen Chance's "Day of the Dead" was interesting. Had a very different take on vampires in Mexico involving Mayan? culture.

Delilah Devlin's "Viper's Bite" was imaginative; I lik
The Flooze
Stories were boring and EXTREMELY amaturish. Authors need to be taught effective POV. Also, just because it's a short story, does not mean that you drop the concepts of beginning, middle, and end.

The more accomplished stories within the anthology belonged to Rebecca York, Jenna Maclaine, Dina James (if it were part of a series), and Karen Chance (I might check out her books).

Overall, don't buy. Get it from the library if you must.
Inara
May 31, 2008 rated it really liked it
As always in anthologies there were stories I loved and stories I well, didnt love that much and so I decided only to rate my favorites. For these stories alone the book was worth reading and I will definitely buy "The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance 2" which is due in September 2009!
Oh, before I forget: my favorite stories were (of course) by Karen Chance, Lilith Saintcrow, Colleen Gleason and Shiloh Walker (actually no surprise there...lol)!
Melindeeloo
Sep 23, 2009 rated it liked it

Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance - BIG Book, Big Name Authors, Short stories - not all are romances

Yes, the Mammoth Book of Vampire Romances is truly MAMMOTH containing 25 short stories. You'll recognize the names of the most of the 23 well known authors as the writers of your favorite paranormal romance and popular urban fantasy series. Despite the title, only about half of the stories in the book are `romances' though most have some sex, but they do all have vampires and most all have a key el
Elle
Jan 17, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Like most people reviewing this there where definitely stories I liked and stories I didn't but I only found myself skipping through the pages on two stories that seemed to include fanciful details that where uninteresting and seemed unrelated. I definitely skipped the last story though. A definite warning to everyone reading that the last story in the book is drastically different and sticks out like a sore thumb!

I thoroughly enjoyed a lot of them and I couldn't pick a favourite! I was surpris
Dina James
Feb 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This book features my debut short story "Play Dead"! It features Nikolai, the Destrati, and introduces the very sexy and unforgettable Kyle. Let me know what you think! Thanks!
is mee... kissa
The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance includes 25 short stories.
oh, and this is an adult book, it has sex scenes, so if you're looking for a YA read.... this aint it.

Fade To Black | Sherri Erwin -a professor has a tryst with one of her undead students and becomes infected with the vampire virus \ 1.5 stars
this story did not start out well for me, and it ended even worse. Everything moved so quickly, like the author was trying to pack everything she wanted into it, but didn't have enough space to w
Reetta Saine
Jul 24, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kauhu, enkku
Teki mieli kokeilla toleranssia ja addiktion syvyyttä - 510 sivua. Kaikkihan tietävät, mistä puhumme kun puhumme vampyyriromansseista.

Muutama hampaallinen harlekiini, paljon kahisevia silkkilakanoita ja nöpöttäviä ihankaikkia, mutta joukkoon mahtui myös iloisia yllätyksiä.

Jenna Blackin palkkamurhaaja muistuttaa hiukan Janet Evanovichin Stephanieta, Savannah Russen seksistisen luuserihammaslääkärin Overbite-kehitystarina huvitti ja Rachel Vincentin novelli Midday Manglerista, hullusta sarjamurhaa
Pamela
I'm writing a series of ongoing reviews as I read the stories in this anthology. I'll post links to my reviews as I write them.

Review #1: http://blog.phoenixfyre.net/2008/10/0...
("Fade To Black" by Sherri Erwin & "Ode to Edvard Munch" by Caitlin R. Kiernan; contains spoilers for "Fade To Black")

Review #2: http://blog.phoenixfyre.net/2008/10/0...
("Fangs For Hire" by Jenna Black, "The Righteous" by Jenna Maclaine, "Knowledge of Evil" by Raven Hart, & "Viper's Bite" by Delilah Devlin; conta
Suvi
Apr 27, 2009 rated it really liked it
A surprisingly good anthology! :D Didn't like all of the stories, but did enjoy most of them which was a big plus! Viper's Bite comes to mind if I have to choose a favorite. :) Warmly recommended book for all vampire romance lovers! :D
Donna
Aug 03, 2008 rated it it was ok
I normally like anthologies as they introduce me to new writers and some (like this one) have stories from my favorite authors that tide me over till thier next book. I don't know if it was just too many stories or if they were just too short but I finished feeling let down.
Zanica
Jul 07, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: hated
This book really annoyed me. It's like soon as I get into a story its over. I've read book simialar to how this one is but it just really annoyed the hell out of me!
Ann aka Iftcan
Aug 06, 2008 rated it liked it
I gave this book only 3 stars because some of the stories (forgive the pun) seriously sucked. And not in a good way either. Others were extremely well done, and some were excellent.
Rhianna
Feb 05, 2009 rated it really liked it
A savory collection of vampire tales of love and lust, THE MAMMOTH BOOK OF VAMPIRE ROMANCE, is a terrific sampler for fans of both the paranormal romance and urban fantasy genres. With offerings from some of the new big names in the vampire sub I highly recommend this for other readers who are seeking a taste of new authors. Others, not looking for new authors, might enjoy the few that tie into current series. To keep things brief let me offer information on each short story...

[FADE TO BLACK:]
Lynne weir
The Mammoth book of Vampire Romance. Let’s see what it had to offer...

Book one) Fade to black by Sherri Erwin- Can see it as a complete novel as it leaves many questions unanswered and many facts that I would love elaborated on. (view spoiler) 4 stars. ****

Book
Elizabeth
Nov 29, 2008 marked it as to-read
A collection of short stories:

*** "Fade to Black" - Sherri Erwin - A professor's tryst with a gorgeous student brings a whole new meaning to `unsafe sex' when he infects her with the `vampire' virus. (3 stars - This one was pointless and not a romance, it was all set up and then a too abrupt ending.)

*** "Ode to Evdard Munch" - Caitlin Kiernan - A man shares his blood with a mysterious vamp for a piece of her dreams. (3 stars - no romance and the connection between the leads was odd)

*** "Fangs
Lauren
It's not that I don't like romance, it's that I don't like cliche romance, where the girl who's never fallen in love ends up gaga over a guy she's known for three seconds and the guy is so sparkly (sometimes literally!) and of course he's a bad boy (read good guy who whine and mopes). Unfortunately this book has a lot of cliche. There are a few gems in here, a few heroines who can hold there own and a few guys with some real charm, but unfortunately most of it is oh so blah. I admittedly skipped ...more
Skye
I kind of loved this collection. It definitely isn’t one that you can read cover to cover in one sitting – there’s only so many vampire romances that I can happily read before they start to blend into one. But as a slow read that I just picked up every now and again… it was really, really good.

The short stories in this collection ranged from the classical and predictable vampire stories to ones that took a whole new spin on the ideal. Some were just sweet and some just downright disturbing. And
Katie
Mar 26, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ebook
This is probably unfair to the rest of the short stories, but I found two of them so repugnant I couldn't rate this collection higher. Specific story ratings (in order from the Kindle version):

Fade to Black by Sherri Erwin
Three stars, interesting start! (view spoiler)

Ode to Edvard Munch by Caitlin R. Kierman
Five stars, a lovely story! Very short.

Fangs for Hire by Jenna Black
Four stars.
Elisa Vangelisti
Jun 06, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abbandonato
25 racconti di autori diversi. ho iniziato valutando singolarmente i racconti, per dare poi un giudizio finale, ma non ce l'ho fatta. è vero che abbandonare una raccolta ha poco senso, ma dal 15% che ho letto non ne sono rimasta entusiasmata e giungo alla conclusione che il tipo di racconti sarà sullo stesso livello. più sotto i primi, con la loro valutazione. abbandonati o terminati, ma non piaciuti. peccato.
☆☆ Stingersi di nero
☆ Ode a Edvard Munch
☆☆ Vampiro in affitto
☆ I giusti
☆☆ La conoscenza
Christina Hannan
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the third romance anthology I’ve read that’s been edited by Trisha Telep and this one was just as intense, if not more, than ‘Southern Gothic Romance’ and ‘Futuristic Romance’. It was definitely a lot more sensual than the other two had been, but that worked to its advantage for this anthology. I honestly couldn’t say that I didn’t like a single story in this collection, they all were quite enjoyable and played up different aspects of vampirism and the sensuality surrounding blood-suckin ...more
Marilia
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you are a fan of paranormal adult romance, especially vampires I recommend this book. The stories are hit or miss depending if you like the narrative, writing style and characters but I enjoyed most of them. The book also contains a brief bio if each writer if you want to learn more about them and their publications.
Wolfie
Sep 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Over 25 short stories of varying quality
Theresa
Jan 09, 2014 rated it liked it
25 Passionate tales of Vampire Romance. 3 stars for whole book. Hot Blood, Midnight Pleasures and Inhuman Passions. This is one Trisha Telep’s anthologies.

1)‘Fade to Black’ by Sherri Erwin. 5 stars. Unusually interesting. Middle-aged romantic poetry teacher gets infected by vampirism. She's kidnapped to a private island and must choose between a cure or exploring the world forever.

2)‘Ode to Edvard Munch’ by Caitlin R Kiernan. 2 stars. Very short strange story about a piano player and a myster
Debra
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica, fantasy
This is an anthology with more than 20 stories by various artists. Some of them exceptionally good. Especially "The Sacrifice" by Rebecca York.
Sandra
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Read Keri Arthur's Dreams ~ Riley & Quinn
Megan
Feb 21, 2009 rated it liked it
This is a huge anthology of vampire romance. There are 25 short stories contained in this anthology. I personally am reading it only for Amanda Ashley's short story. I am curious to see if there are any good short stories that can be told in about 20-25 pages. These short stories need to be edited so bad! Ms. Telep obviously did not do her job very well. There are grammatical and technical errors everywhere! That makes it very distracting to read these stories (at least for me).
"Fade to Black"
  • The Mammoth Book of Hot Romance
  • Chicks Kick Butt
  • Huntress (Cin Craven #3.5, Black London #1.5)
  • First Blood (Laws of the Blood, #5.5; Vegas Vampires, #5; Vampire Babylon, #3.5; The Guardians, #3.5)
  • The Wild Side: Urban Fantasy with an Erotic Edge
  • Hotter Than Hell (The Hollows, #4.5)
  • Everlasting Desire (Everlasting, #2)
  • Evolve: Vampire Stories of the New Undead
  • Inked (World of the Lupi, #5.5)
  • No Rest for the Witches (Nightcreature, #7.5) (Magic, #3.5) (The Others, #3.5)
  • Weddings from Hell
  • Dracula in London
  • Over The Moon (Mageverse #3.5)
  • Holiday With A Vampire: Christmas Cravings / Fate Calls (The Calling #6.5)
  • Out of the Light, Into the Shadows (Includes: Vegas Vampires, #6 & #7)
  • The Wages of Sin (Cin Craven, #1)
  • Just One Sip (Dark Ones, #4.5)
  • Powers of Detection: Stories of Mystery & Fantasy
Trisha Telep was the romance and fantasy book buyer at Murder One, a London crime, mystery, and romance bookstore; she's now co-owner of the virtual bookstore www.murderone.co.uk and an editor of romance and supernatural anthologies for Mammoth. Originally from Vancouver, Canada, she now lives in London.

Cin Craven (3 books)
  • The Wages of Sin (Cin Craven, #1)
  • Grave Sins (Cin Craven, #2)
  • Bound By Sin (Cin Craven, #3)
“And do you not think less of me for making my fortune in
such a way?” After all, her own sister did.
He gave her an odd look. “There is no shame in being the
mistress of a king. It’s a position of great power and influence. I think less of Louis for letting you go.”
4 likes