Start by marking “The Effects of Falling (The Weight of Rain, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Effects of Falling (The Weight of Rain, #2)

The Effects of Falling

(The Weight of Rain #2)

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  388 Ratings  ·  155 Reviews
I have loved my best friend for eleven years.

Eleven years of celebrations.

Eleven years of victories and losses.

Eleven years of inside jokes and shared smiles.

Eleven years of helping him raise his daughter as a single father.

He smiles at me and my world brightens.

He ignores me and I forget how to function.

He holds my hand and takes more of my heart.

He leaves and time stops.
261 pages
Published August 2nd 2016 by Mariah Dietz

Christy
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 stars!!!!

photo A960E052-686D-4567-A568-648790ECDAF7_zpstg37n0ph.jpg

The Effects of Falling is a beautifully written friends to lovers story. It’s Dietz’s second book in her Weight of Rain series and can be read as a standalone, but I loved the first book so much, I highly recommend you read that one first.

Summer is now a photographer. She used to be one of the most prominent female BMX bikers until she got hurt, now she coaches and photographs others doing the sport. Kash Kingston in particular. Kash and the other Kingstons' (his daughter, Mercedes,
Jen
4 Falling Stars

The Effects of Falling is the story of Kash and Summer, the many feelings these two have left unspoken and how those feelings can effect an eleven year friendship. What do you do when you’re in love with your best friend and he may not reciprocate?

“Life is unpredictable. You never know what will happen, so you have to try your damnedest to ensure you take everything you can while it’s still there.”

From the moment BMX badass Summer met Kash, all around star of the sport and supre
Paige
Jan 14, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 "Unrequited" Stars

The Effects of Falling is an interconnected story following The Weight of Rain. This is the story of Summer and Kash who are integral parts of book 1. They've been best friends for 11 years but that's all they've been and it's slowing killing Summer. She's been in love with Kash for as long as she's know him but having met him just months after his fiancee died and watching him raise a baby on his own, made it impossible for her to tell him her feelings. But 11 years is a l
Lea ★
*Arc kindly provided by author in exchange for my honest review*
I am so glad I got the chance to receive an ARC of The Effects of Falling by Mariah Dietz!
And this cover! OMG! Amazing!
Thank you, Mariah! You rock! :)

I absolutely loved this!
I haven't read the first book in the series - The Weight of Rain, but I had no troubles connecting the dots. You can definitely read it as a standalone.
The Weight of Rain brings us the story of Kash and Summer.
They are two BMX enthusiasts and also two best fr
Michelle
Jul 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 01-signed
Where do I even start?

Cover. HOLY SHIT. I love this. It’s original, it’s eye-catching and it is stunning. As much as I love a hot guy with abs to die for, this is the IT COVER.

The Effects of Falling is the second in the Weight of Rain series and although it can be read a stand-alone, I encourage you to read book one first as some secrets to the struggles of the prior couple are touched upon. In book two, we get the friends to lovers’ story of Kash and Summer.

But this is not your typical roman
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
The Effects of Falling (The Weight of Rain #2) by Mariah Dietz
4 stars!!

“My life didn’t fully begin until I met you, and it would end without you.”

The Effects of Falling is the second book in The Weight of Rain series and this time Mariah Dietz gives us Kash’s story. In The Weight of Rain, we had King’s story and Kash and Summer were a huge part of it and now the tides have turned.

“Falling in love isn’t about losing who you are, it’s about finding the best version of yourself. And compromis
Bianca
Jan 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Once again, I continue to be in awe of this author’s writing. How much heart she puts into her characters and their stories. Just when you think you’re going to get a friends to lovers romance. Or a romance on unrequited love. Mariah GIFTS us with this story. One of love, hope, sacrifices, and finding out who you really are.

Summer meets Kash and they immediately click as they are in the world of BMX and have a lot in common. At the time of them
Jenna
Jan 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited to read this book. I couldn't wait to get my hands on it and then life got in the way and I hardly had anytime on my hands. I'm so glad that my schedule finally allowed me to finish because I loved it!!!

This is a true friends to lovers story! You get to read about Summer who you met in The Weight of Rain. Her and Kashton Knight have been friends for 11 years. Summer has loved himpretty much since meeting him. They have such a strong friendship, they are so close. Will taking the
J.A. DeRouen
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book so much! For me, this book was so much more than a romance. I loved watching Kash and Summer's relationship evolve, of course, and I fell in love with Mercedes from the start. But my favorite part of the book was watching Summer's personal journey unfold. Watching her find out who she was and what compromises she made or didn't make in her life really resonated with me. Great writing, great story, and a valuable message all wrapped in one. Loved it!
Grace
Aug 02, 2016 rated it liked it
A complicated friends to lover’s story, that centers are two stubborn individuals who struggle to make the transition a smooth one.

When I got this book, I had no idea it was part of a series, and they way the story was introduced, I was a bit lost for a while. So I personally would recommend book one first, if you are interested in the series.

This book shouldn't be considered a slow burn romance, as it is clear the couple, should be together, early on. However, it takes FOREVER for them to work
Shannon

I think my heart was in my throat throughout this entire book...the angst, the frustration, the overall feeling of helplessness, of wanting these 2 people to just finally open up to each other, it all caused me such anxiety!

Summer and Kash are friends, and have been friends for a long time. They work together, Summer has helped raise his daughter, they are family. But the entire time Summer has been hiding her true feelings from Kash- she's been in love with him since the moment they met.
You c
Richelle Robinson
Jul 27, 2016 rated it liked it

Summer has had a crush on Kash for 11years. They finally get together and afterwards they spend majority of the book apart. They were both too stubborn to talk about what the next step would be and I felt like the characters were not in their 30s. It felt like two teenagers in a relationship. Plus there was no Kash POV. I would have loved to see what he was thinking and how he was feeling. I've heard good things about the first book which is why I wanted to read this book but sadly it just didn'
Lorena  Garcia -- Brittany's Book Blog
My attention was instantly hooked with this book when I started reading. I was so excited to read it after reading the blurb, it immediately caught my attention.

How can you love someone for 11 years and not act upon your feelings for that person knowing them inside out, spending each and every single day with that person and their family. How do you spend 11 years not doing anything about it, especially when you constantly flirt with each other. If there is flirting involved, then obviously you
Lustful Literature
Aug 09, 2016 rated it really liked it

Josie's Review 4.5 STARS

I’m so glad to have gotten Kash, Summer and Mercede’s story. We were introduced to these characters in the first book and something drew into their unique and emotional story. I absolutely love Ms. Dietz writing style and the messages she delivers in her books. We’ve all have been where Summer’s character is. You know that place when we fall in love and we lose ourselves in the process. Well, my emotions were up and down throughout this book but I could not stop reading.
Reflections of a Book Geek
Aug 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-from-author, r
The Effects Of Falling

4.5 Stars

This book has left me with so many different emotions floating around at the minute that I'm not sure where to start.

I dived straight into this book after finishing The Weight Of Rain and wasn't sure if I was going to like it. I wasn't a big fan of Summer in the previous story so I expected her to have the same impact on me in this but the fact was that couldn't have been further from the truth.

Summer was a complete b!tch at times in the previous book, she was jud
Le Ann Foster
Aug 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
♡♡ Reviewed for CherryOBlossoms Promotions ♡ ♡

I gave this book 4 stars!

Wow eleven years in the making and finally we get to see Kash and Summers story. I haven't read the first book but was able to pick up with the storyline with ease. The two have been friends and Simmer is starting to want more from Kash. I would have loved to seen more interaction of how they went from friendship to lovers but over all it doesn't take away from the story.

I have read several of Mariah books and this one doe
Lorie
Jan 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
While the story is well written and I love Mariah's style, I'm just not a fan of Summer. I wasn't a fan of hers in The Weight of Rain and this one really didn't change my feelings. But I loved Kash before and still love him now.
Amy
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Every single time, I choose you, and I will always choose you.

I absolutely adored this series. After reading The Weight of Rain, I knew I couldn’t wait to dive into Kash and Summer’s story. It definitely didn’t disappoint. It was full of the amazing quotes I loved in the first book and the angst was just ahhh!! I love me some angst and this book was full of it!

This is hands down one of the best series I’ve read! Mariah is fast becoming a favorite author of mine!
Yanilsa Griffin~BFD Bookblog
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*ARC provided in exchange for an honest review*

I was nervous reading this one. I read the Weight of Rain and really enjoyed it. I was scared about reading Kash and Summer's story. I think I am definitely on the fence about the story.

Kash and Summer's story is weird. It reads like a nontraditional love story. It has been simmering for 11 years and when it finally bubbles over, there is regret, hurt, confusion, anger, sadness and a sense of loss that is so palpable, it was unreal. This going back
Lisa
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"Falling in love isn't about losing who you are, it's about finding the best version of yourself."

Just when I think, Mariah cannot possibly top her last book... she does. 'The Effects of Falling' is Summer and Kash's story. We met them in book 1 and, if you're like me, you couldn't wait to see if Kash would get his HEA.

"You need to stop allowing your nightmares to haunt you."

Summer and Kash have known each other for 11 years. She's also been in love with him for 11 years. She helps him raise his
Cheryl
Aug 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Review of The Effects of Falling (The Weight of Rain #2) by Mariah Dietz

Review done for Hooked on Books & CherryOBlossoms Promotions

4 out of 5 stars

Summer has been in love with her best friend for what seems like forever. She has been his rock ever since his fiancé died helping him raise his daughter.

Summer and Kash are always together, as she is his friend and photographer. Unfortunately, Summer wants to be more than friends but Kash doesn’t seem to feel the same way.

Kash has always been fo
Kelli Spear
Aug 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
* I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review *

I admit this is my first book by Mariah Dietz and it was the cover that drew me in. And the summary that hinted of the best friends to lovers trope... it's my favorite!

The beginning was a bit slow for me, but I don't know that I'm fully able to judge considering I am unfamiliar with the author's writing style. I also found Summer hard to relate to at times. Regardless of this, I did find her growth to be a wonderful thing to w
Jenna
Aug 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I love a good friends to lovers book but this one ended up being more than that and I really enjoyed it.
Summer and Kash have been best friends for eleven years and for all of those eleven years Summer has been in love with him. Kash had a 4 month old daughter when he met Summer and together they have raised her. Summer has always been a part of Kash's family.

At first I thought this was going to be your typical friend loves friend the other is oblivious, catches on and they live happily ever af
Stephanie Phillips (Stephanie's Book Reports)
I received a copy of this book from the author for an honest review.

This book follows The Weight of Rain - which was my #1 book for 2015 - but can be read as a standalone. I was so excited this book was coming. I loved reading about Summer and Kash in TWoR. Kash is outgoing and definitely has his hands full with running his business/brand; his daughter - of whom he's a single parent to; and his brother.

Summer has been friends with Kash since she was 11 years old. She's fiercely protective of Ka
Steph's Rom Book Talk
Provided an ARC for an honest review.

Due to being part of a book tour this review was delayed; however, it does not diminish the joy and love that I have for this story. This book can be read as a standalone or the second book of The Weight of Rain Duet. I read The Weight of Rain prior to reading this book and I am very happy that I did. In The Weight of Rain you are introduced into this books main character, Summer. I really enjoyed the character in that book and happy that I got an even bette
Selena Lanovara-scott
This is more a YA no panty dropping sex scenes. Really PG read cute but differently more teen read. Summer for 32 yr old seems like a confused child at times. When she finally hooks up with Kash. She kinda freaks out she pushed him away but complains more than help him solve their relationship. Summer has been in love with Kash for 11 yrs. They have been best friends since meeting at her uncles shop. Her Uncle also teaches BMX riders. Summer was on top of her game till she had a bad accident. Af ...more
Ashley
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am a huge fan of this author and she knows how to tell a story! I loved this book so much. This had all the feels for me. Wanting something so bad but not sure you can have it.

Summer has been in love with Kash for eleven years who also happens to be her best friend. He is there for and vice versa. Summer has been the mother to Kash’s daughter and loved her. What do you do when you want more and you’re not sure your best friend feels the same.

She is caught in a tough place having strong feelin
Nicole Sands
Jul 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a beautiful and angsty story of friends to lovers. Kash and Summer have been best friends since childhood, both sharing a love of BMX. Kash is now a Pro-BMX and a single father, and Summer is a retired Pro-BMX, and is currently working for him. Summer has been in love with Kash now for 11yrs, and is struggling to keep those feelings at bay. I love that the author gives you enough background into the characters that you can understand why they are conflicted in their feelings and choices ...more
Tera
This book could easily be read as a standalone. I would recommend reading The Weight of Rain first as it tells Lo and King's story, but it would not be required to follow this book. I was excited to read Summer's story because she was so direct and hard-headed in The Weight of Rain. Unfortunately, I was a little let down. For a woman in her 30s she was so extremely whiny and the inner dialogue seemed so redundant. I just wanted her and Kash to FINALLY duke it out and I had to wait until almost t ...more
Ann  Goubert (Driven by Books)
I loved the first one and was already intrigued with Summer and Kash; and I am so happy we got their story. I just love them together.
Sometimes, even when somethings under your nose, there is something that needs to happen to make you see it. To love someone for so long and they just can't see what is truly there; it's hard. It makes Summer questioning everything in her life, to make her see what she has accomplished in her 30 years. Will they find their way together? After 11 years of hoping...
  • Welcome to the Cameo Hotel
  • Closer (Closer, #1)
  • Twenty to Life
  • Silver (All that Glitters, #5)
  • Balance (Off Balance, #1)
  • Moth
  • Sylvie
  • The First Taste
  • Everything Under The Sun
  • Dubious (Bitter Vine, #1)
  • Commitment
  • Jars of Clay (The Lilith Scroll, #2)
  • Pen vs. Sword
  • Changed by You (Love in the City, #7)
  • Back to Yesterday
  • Silent Truths (The Shadows of Sin, #2)
  • Longing For Love (Beyond Love series #3)
  • Coffee, Dates, and Tucker
Mariah Dietz lives with her husband and two sons, who are the axis of her crazy and wonderful world in North Carolina.
Mariah grew up in a tiny town outside of Portland, Oregon, where she spent most of her time immersed in the pages of books that she both read and created.
She has a love for all things that include her family, good coffee, books, traveling, and dark chocolate. She’s also obsessed wi

The Weight of Rain (2 books)
  • The Weight of Rain (The Weight of Rain, #1)
“way” 0 likes
“Sometimes, I think we give our pasts and futures way too much credit. There’s so much that we fear becoming and failing at, forgetting and moving on from, that we fail to remember the time we have currently to either change the things we wish to or simply make the very best of what we have.” I” 0 likes