Start by marking “Locked Away (Living With Lies, #2)” as Want to Read:
Locked Away (Living With Lies, #2)

Locked Away (Living With Lies #2)

Kiran Clark has kept his love life simple: no commitments, no relationships, no attachments of any kind. Lately, his reputation has left a lot to be desired, and his guilt is more than he is willing to admit.

Moving to a new town, Kiran vows to start fresh and let go of his old ways, but life did not prepare him for Belle Paasch.

Belle lived most of her life locked away fr
Published July 8th 2016 by Riann C. Miller

To ask other readers questions about Locked Away, please sign up.

VEL
4 locked stars

Absolutely love this series.

Kiran and Isobella are great, strong characters in their own sweet, swooning ways.

The addition of light mafia, cartel shhannigans adds a bit of grit and suspense making this a perfect little series, captivating your imagination.

Looking forward to reading more material from this talented author, Riann Miller!
Libby Harrison
Couldn't get over how spineless the h was. She lost my respect every time she gave in.

(Nat) Reading Romances

If you enjoy a mafia/cartel setting, with an alpha hero and lots of romance, you might want to give Locked Away a chance.

Riann C Miller is a talented author, she got me hooked on the first chapter. I thought that there was unnecessary drama on Isabelle’s side, and the repetitive idea that she saw herself as “weak”. I wanted to punch her sometimes and tell her to grow up! I know she had a protected upbringing, but that bothered me a lot. There’s als oa big turn of events around 60% of the book, s
*~*Susie
Jun 27, 2016 *~*Susie rated it liked it
Shelves: net-galley, arc, 2016
I really wish I had read the first book in this series. It would have helped to have know Gavin and Kate's background before going into this book. It can be read as a stand alone, but I wouldn't recommend it.

This is Belle and Kiran's story. While there were parts I really liked, there was a lot that left me wanting more. Belle was not really a likeable character for me. She was all over the place with her feelings, especially for her father and that added some confusion. Kiran was weak and not e
Octavia
Feb 19, 2016 Octavia rated it really liked it
This was a good book. It started a little slow but was a great read. I hope the author continues the series. I want more of the main and secondary characters.
2OCC Reviews
May 07, 2016 2OCC Reviews rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kerry
I Loved this book.

I loved Belle, I felt that with everything she had learnt about her life and going to live with Kate, she dealt with it the best she could. I felt so bad for her uncovering the truth and the jealousy that followed. it was a natural emotion, that she had no way of controlling it.

The attraction between her and Kiran was instantaneous and off the charts. It was amazing!

Kiran, I wanted to slap that boy upside his head on so many occasions. Damn he kept putting his foot in his mou
Gemma
Jun 30, 2016 Gemma rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: romance fans
Locked Away was an enjoyable read that I couldn't put down once I started reading it. Reading what the story was about I was excited about the story and I was not disappointed. The storyline was has sucked me in from the first chapter. Belle was a strong character that had always been locked away in her house by her father as a way to protect her. When things take the turn for the worse Belle must escape to keep safe and then she meet Kiran. The attraction between the two was instant and saw bot ...more
Andrea
Jul 04, 2016 Andrea rated it it was amazing
Storyline, friends and siblings that you love to watch interact, Kieran is awesome, dual pov really works to keep the story moving and constant. These were the things that stood out and that I loved about the book. I couldn't wait to see if Belle had a story/book after I read Beneath these Lies. I love books that keep me wanting to finish it quick, just so I can know what happened! This book did that plus! We got to hear more about Damien and seeing the relationship between he and Belle. Got to ...more
Allison
Jun 24, 2016 Allison rated it it was amazing
I dove right into this one, and was swept away, rather than locked away. Just couldn't put it down.

I realize there are claims it can be read as a standalone, which it can... But don't do that to yourself.
You really will want to read book one, before this one to fully grasp the book. (This one is even better than book 1!)

This is full of romance, turmoil, excitement and sorrow.

I loved Kiran and Bella's story. There is still some back and forth as there was with book one, but it was not a major t
BookSmacked
Jan 24, 2016 BookSmacked rated it it was amazing
I am such a fan of Riann C. Miller and her books.

I loved this book. The beginning starts off with Belle finding out who she is and it immediately grabs your attention. I found right away that you feel for Belle and what she is going through and immediately are a cheerleader of hers. I love her defiance at certain points in the story as well as her vulnerability that you see.

Kiran is a little bit of an enigma that you want to know more about.

There are some intense scenes that had my heart pound
Paula D
Jun 30, 2016 Paula D rated it really liked it
Isabella sneaks in her dad's office and over hears that she's actually not his real daughter and Isabella life changes. Isabella is sent to live with her so called cousin Kate and Gavin and Kiran. So many secrets so many lies in her life will Isabella ever be happy? Isabella meets Kiran and sparks fly they both fall for each other but Kiran doesn't fall in love but will Isabella change that? Great story from beginning to end loved it! Drama very suspenseful! Many unanswered questions answered in ...more
Sep 15, 2016 Sarah rated it really liked it
Overall it was an easy read - i enjoyed Kiran & Belle's story more than Gavin & Kate; however i still enjoyed having them as characters in this book. I would have liked a little longer of an ending though. I would have liked to know a bit more about them all a few more years down the road.

3 out of 5 stars for the series
Shannon Godwin
Feb 02, 2017 Shannon Godwin rated it it was amazing
Ok so this book did have what I was looking for. It does go into more depth and you get to see more of why things are happening. I was drawn into this book and I could not put it down. I have to say that I am really into Belle & Gavin. I can't say too much without giving away spoilers so all I can really say is that these books just keep getting better. I can't wait to read the next one!
Lainey Da Silva PA
May 25, 2016 Lainey Da Silva PA rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in Living with Lies series and picks up where book 1 Living with Lies finished.

This book centred on Belle, Isabelle Paasch who was Damian's daughter by all accounts and purposes. Belle's life was sheltered and controlled in every one of her 21 years growing up in Mexico with Damian. He loved her with all his heart and protected her to the point she could do nothing a normal teenager and young adult should have experienced at her age, he was frightened of anyone getting to
Crystal
Jul 07, 2016 Crystal rated it it was amazing
After spending the last half hour reading this book biting my nails and crying my eyes out, I'm finally able compose myself and write this review. Omg. This book took me on such an emotional roller coaster ride. My emotions were all over the place while reading. It was the perfect combination of suspense and romance, happiness and sadness, love and anger. There were so many twists and turns, and every one kept me turning pages reading late into the night only to get up early the next morning to ...more
Markella
Aug 24, 2016 Markella rated it it was amazing
Damian is the head of a Mexican Drug Cartel. He is a ruthless man but has one weakness…his daughter Belle. Damian knows this and puts measures in place in order to protect her to the point of being suffocating. He keeps her Locked Away. When Belle’s life is in danger, Damian sends her to stay with her cousin Kate in America. I loved the plot twist here but won’t say more as it will spoil the book for those who haven’t read it!

At first Belle was very reluctant to get close to Kate, but she was sl
Kathleen
Jun 08, 2016 Kathleen rated it it was amazing
This book comes after Beneath the Lies..I feel after reading the first book, I learned a little bit more background and didn't feel as lost than if I wouldn't have. This book is from the POV of Kiran and Belle. You learn more about Belle's past and who she really is and what role she play's in life with Damien. Then enters in Kiran. He is best friends with Kate's boyfriend and lives with them when Belle falls on their doorstep. Kiran does his best to act like a jerk and succeed then only feels l ...more
Amanda Allen benoit
This is the second book in the Living with Lies series, but you don't have to read the first one to enjoy this one. Although, you have no idea what you are missing out on, and the first book will set the back-story and make this book all that much better.

Belle has lived a sheltered life. In fact she sees herself as weak. Her father is very controlling and when Belle learns a terrifying secret, she has to leave. Her cousin (Kate and Gavin from the first book) take her in. This is where she meets
Lisa Atherton
Jul 16, 2016 Lisa Atherton rated it really liked it
Rating: 3.5*

An improvement for me on 'Beneath the Lies' and I do recommend reading 'Beneath the Lies' first. Kate's 'sister' Belle finds her way to Kate when their father finds himself in trouble. Belle has been sheltered and protected by her mafia father and hasn't had much chance to live. Kiran is your typical player but is instantly drawn and is instantly protective towards her.

Danger is never far away from Belle as her father's enemies will do anything to get to him including using Belle. I
Sarah O'Kelly
Jul 19, 2016 Sarah O'Kelly rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, I don't tend to read too many Mafia/Cartel themed books so I wasn't sure what to expect going in! I was pleasantly surprised. Kiran is a very strong Alpha male lead character and he is an imposing figure throughout the book. Belle shows so much strength of character from the start and I was really rooting for these two from the beginning.

If you are looking for a good romance read with plenty of action this book is a definite must read but I would say to start the ser
Chantal Baxendale
Jun 13, 2016 Chantal Baxendale rated it it was amazing
This is the BEST series I have read this year! The series will not be the same without this book. I absolutely loved every bit of it. The suspense, the drama and all that happens leading up to the crux was great. Especially all the unexpected twists and turns......I would highly recommend this book and series to anyone!
K.M. Neuhold
Jul 01, 2016 K.M. Neuhold rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing! After reading Living with Regret I absolutely couldn't wait to read to read Kiran and Belle's story. Riann didn't disappoint. I love that her books never feel like the same old thing over and over again. Absolute perfection <3
Amber Goodwin
Jul 06, 2016 Amber Goodwin rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I really enjoyed Belle and Kiran's story. I enjoyed the push and pull the characters have. The are attracted to each other but should stay away. Riann did a great job! I can't wait for more from her!
Megan
Jun 21, 2016 Megan rated it it was amazing
Such a good read! Could not wait to read Kiran's story, and it did not disappoint! It's a sweet love story layered on top of a criminal enterprise. Highly recommend!
Sarah Blackburn
Feb 08, 2017 Sarah Blackburn rated it it was amazing
Must Read

A great story! I loved everything about this book. Great storyline, characters, romance and suspense. I will be reading more from this Author!
Letty T
Apr 18, 2016 Letty T rated it it was amazing
I've read every one of this author's books and I keep saying the same thing "I loved this book" because they are so well written. Locked Away is no different in my feeling for her work. This is book two in the Living with Lies series but you do NOT have to read Beneath The Lies, (book one) to follow this story, it can be read as a stand alone.

Belle is a girl who has been "locked away" to protect her from her father, Damian's sins. Damian, as we found out in Beneath The Lies is a Mexican Drug Car
Reflections of a Book Geek
Jul 03, 2016 Reflections of a Book Geek rated it really liked it
Shelves: r, arc-from-author
4 Stars

I have to say I enjoyed this book a lot more than Beneath These Lies. I thought the characters were a lot more likeable and easier to relate to in this story.

I didn't expect to like either character if I'm honest, what we seen of Kiran didn't shed him in the best light in the previous book. His only redeeming quality had been his relationship with Callie. He wasn't anything like I expected him to be in his own story. Sure he was still a bit hot headed but he was so much more than that. He
Ann
Jan 14, 2016 Ann rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

I hope this series continues.
Tania's Book Blog
Tania's Book Blog rated it really liked it
Dec 20, 2016
Sally Windeyer
Sally Windeyer rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Vivienne's Guilt
  • Unspoken Temptation (Unspoken #4)
  • The Mermaid & The Crocodile (The Kill List, #1)
  • Finding Sadie: A Prequel (Los Rancheros, #3)
  • Perception: An Experiment in Terror Novella Collection (Experiment in Terror, #2.5, 5.5, 5.7)
  • Lakeshore Secrets (The McAdams Sisters, #1)
  • Sexual Awakenings The Complete Set
  • The Mind (The Reluctant Romantics, #1.5)
  • Every Part of You: Takes Me (Every Part of You, #5)
  • Given to You (The Killer Next Door, #3)
  • Infinite Dolls
  • Trusted (Touched, #3)
  • A Christmas Maggie (The Original Sinners, #3.2)
  • Bumpy Roads (Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery #11)
Riann C. Miller lives in southeast Kansas and writes steamy contemporary romance stories. When she’s not reading or writing, she spends time with her friends and family or you might catch her watching a baseball game with a beer in her hand.

Riann who pronounces her name (Ry-an) also preoccupies a lot of her time on social media connecting with readers.

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/authorrian
More about Riann C. Miller...

Living With Lies (2 books)
  • Beneath the Lies (Living With Lies, #1)