Start by marking “Mineran Influence” as Want to Read:
Mineran Influence

Mineran Influence

(Mineran #1)

“You are all unpredictably dangerous and you will turn on the rest of the universe...”
Thus, the first book in this ‘Mineran’ questions how ex-solider, Sam, reacts when he stumbles across a mysterious alien presence in rural Wales. Join him on his journey as he comes face to face with his greatest challenge yet...

Whilst questioning his beliefs and everything he has been pre
Published January 13th 2016 by Troubador Publishing Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Mineran Influence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mineran Influence

Contrarius
Dec 22, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: not-interested
I have two bits of advice for any fledgling authors out there:

#1. Hire an editor. Editors are your friends.

#2. Don't try to screw with people who review your books, even if you don't like their reviews.

My first review, which did not include any star rating, was flagged and then removed by GR because it did not focus on the content of the book. For further information on the sock puppetry that led to my original review, take a look at this thread, starting with Post #23: SFFWorld thread. (And no,
Paul Williams
Jan 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The plot of this story is quite good. Aliens have been around for a LONG time and the main character of the story bumps into some of them on a walk around.....and not just the once it seems.

Starting to read the book I then realised it is set around where I grew up so I started to get a small level of familiarity to the surroundings being described. From the start you don't expect the acceleration for an earthling getting embroiled with Aliens...however as the story develops you learn this ex-mil
Jenny Jones
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was attracted to this book simply because I know the Minera area. I am not a great sci-fi fan so was prepared not to enjoy the book. Nothing could be further from the truth. I was soon gripped. The location description is credible and I could imagine myself there. The author clearly carried out much research for this book. The characterisation is strong. I was soon caring what would happen to Sam Shepard. Some of the 'aggression' events lost me, but that is more about me than about the text. T ...more
Fiona Holland
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
With inventive zeal, Burrows takes us on a spacefaring adventure. Employing the soldier’s skills in surveillance, survival and combat, we follow Sam through a series of events that are bewildering yet intrinsically believable, as various mysteries of the universe are revealed. Battling an unknown sniper who threatens to destroy both the known and unknown, Sam’s unlikely comrades in arms challenge the reader’s understanding of good and evil, state and police control and the Earth’s place in the c ...more
Bailey Ember
Shelves: science-fiction
This novel is unlike anything I have read. I think that it is a great testament to the imagination of a writer that I can say that. This novel really kept me on my toes as far as expecting the unexpected.

I enjoyed that some aspects of the story were taken from history and facts and other were complete fantasy. It was a great balancing act.

I really enjoyed the pacing and how it was steady throughout. It is fast paced and doesn't let up and didn't have moments that dragged. It made for a fast and
C. Gonzales
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a Sci-Fi novel that really made me think on a deeper level than most Sci-Fi/Fantasy novels.

I liked that this novel is written and can be enjoyed by all fans of Sci-Fi and Fantasy.

There is a lot going on and a lot to understand since you are diving into a new world. I think that P N Burrows really managed to keep his readers up to speed by giving them just enough along the way without making them feel lost or bogged down with information.
Samantha Turley
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a thrill ride and quite a fun read. I liked that from the very beginning we understood what the “world” was looking for and what would happen once they got it.

Sam as a main character really drew me in.

Great, Sci Fi novel and writing from P.N. Burrows. The world he has created is so vivid and really helps the reader feel like they are there with the characters.

A strong and fast paced plot will keep you invested the entire way through.

Gina Stamper
Shelves: sci-fi
This novel has a very mysterious element to it. Even from the synopsis you are not sure what you are going to get. I would like to say that P N Burrows does a great job of bringing to life characters and a plot that are fresh and captivating to read about. It is really worth investing the time to delve in and get to the bottom of it. A very well written Sci Fi Novel
Ever Leigh
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I think this was a very character driven novel. Sam is compelling and fun. His personality really jumps off the pages and makes it easy to get behind him.

The other great thing about this novel was that it was very exciting. There was so much going on and so many twists and turns and unexpected moments. It really kept me as the reader engaged throughout.
Tanya
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
one of my all time favourite books, absolutely loved it! the story constantly had me gripped I couldn't put the book down. I can't wait for the next book so I can continue the journey. highly recommend
Sarah Griffiths
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a gripping adventure for any sci-fi enthusiast! I was hooked by the suspense and intrigue involved in the story. The descriptive language and experiences of the characters add to the excitement and mystery in the story. As we follow Sam an ex-soldier through his journey he encounters aliens, danger and a personal fight with his own demons. I would highly recommend this story!
Karla
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was ok
I'm sorry but this s book wasn't for me. I just couldn't get into it, I tried on many occasions and finally admitted defeat. Thank you to Netgalley for giving me the chance to read this book in return for an honest review.
Michelle
Jan 19, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
I liked the plot of this story. However, the pacing wasn't quite right and I just didn't connect with the story as much as I had hoped I would. It was good but not great. Very slow start and it got bogged down at times. Interesting but not as entertaining as I would have liked.

I received an ARC of this book from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for my honest opinion.
Miss Laura Watkins
Stacia Chappell
Saoirse
Cj Zawacki

Mineran (3 books)
  • Mineran Conflict (Mineran Series, #2)
  • Mineran Assault (Mineran #3)