Start by marking “Black Moon (Zodiac, #3)” as Want to Read:
Black Moon (Zodiac, #3)

Black Moon

(Zodiac #3)

Book 3 in the breathtaking sci-fi space saga inspired by astrology that will stun fans of the Illuminae Files and Starbound series.

One final secret stands between Rho and the enemy. But will the devastating truth be enough to destroy her first?

Published December 6th 2016 by Razorbill

To ask other readers questions about Black Moon, please sign up.
Romina Russell The AMAZING artist behind the covers is Vanessa Han!!! <3<3<3…moreThe AMAZING artist behind the covers is Vanessa Han!!! <3<3<3(less)
Romina Russell Hi! <3 Yes, I very much hope to! Once I'm done writing THIRTEEN RISING, I'll definitely start brainstorming new ideas... Thank you! xoxoxo Romina…moreHi! <3 Yes, I very much hope to! Once I'm done writing THIRTEEN RISING, I'll definitely start brainstorming new ideas... Thank you! xoxoxo Romina(less)

Start your review of Black Moon (Zodiac, #3)
Alyssa

Book Three of the Zodiac series
Publisher: Razorbill
Publication Date: December 6, 2016
Rating: 4 stars
Source: Review copy sent by the publisher

Summary (from Goodreads):

Rho, the courageous visionary from House Cancer, lost nearly everything when she exposed and fought against the Marad, a mysterious terrorist grou
Jessica {Litnoob}
I wasn’t prepared. I should have been prepared, I was fully appraised of how this world works so it’s shocking how unprepared I was but here we go. Because once against I’m shocked at what has gone down. Like each twist and turn still throws me for a loop and everything I think I know I don’t and all my suspicions are right for being suspicious but I’m wrong each time about the person I should be suspicious with. Just again and again it’s horrible and amazing and honestly I need to finish book f ...more
Reyna~I've gotta be on my own~
THERE IS A TITLE I REPEAT THERE IS A TITLE WHAT COULD THAT MEAN OMG THIS SERIES IS SO GOOD WE HAVE TWO MORE BOOKS YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
UPDATE
Oh my. The cover is here. It is everything I could have hoped for. I'm going to go cry as I wait for this book because WE HAVE TO WAIT TILL DECEMBER!!!!
Kathleen
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just can't convey enough how much I love this series! The world is so complex and vast and interesting. The plot just keeps getting bigger and the characters are developing beautifully! I love this series and I can't wait to go on and read the final book and find out how it all ends.
Andrew Jason
UPDATE 3/25: WE HAVE A COVER, OH MY GOD IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL AND IT WOULD LOOK MORE BEAUTIFUL WHEN IT WILL BE ON MY SHELF!!!!!!!!!
Erin
Oct 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book through Goodreads First Reads.

I felt lukewarm about the first two books but Black Moon seemed to improve in terms of interesting storylines and keeping readers guessing on the reveal of the master. I always like a book that makes you wonder about a reveal until it happens. I was impressed by who it ended up being since I thought I had it all figured out by the half way point of the story but I didn't see it coming on who it actually ended up being. I do feel like the ending
Rachel  (APCB Reviews)
It seems like only yesterday I was turning the pages of Zodiac, book one in the Zodiac quartet. Yet here I am attempting to review the third installment. Black Moon is without a doubt my favorite book in the series, and here's just a snippet of what you can expect: action, kissing, a royal ball, magical creatures, suspense, betrayal, and deception. What more could I ask for??

What I love about the Zodiac series is that each book expands, deepens, and complicates the plot of the series. Each new d
Elena-Loredana
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The original review can be found at The Book Portal.
4.5/5 stars.
Awesome world building! The images pictured by the author are amazing! This book has it all. Character development. Big reveals. Or should I say HUGE! :)) Ok. Ok. I am gonna stop the jokes. We finally get some answers regarding the Zodiac's origin. Now we finally know what happened with the thirteenth house. The big bad villain if finally revealed. And I am glad that some of my brain-storming theories were right.
YEY!
Unfortunately,
Kamalia
Feb 09, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Perhaps i read this at the wrong time, but unfortunately i was disappointed with Black Moon. The pace felt really slow, and i felt like nothing much had really happened. I was also disappointed with the development of most of the characters. Some of them had changed, and not in a way that seemed consistent with their development from the first two books. Basically i felt like I didn't know some of the characters anymore. Could it be because it's been nearly a year since i read Wanderi ...more
Rian *fire and books*
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME WITH THAT ENDING?! ARE YOU TRYING TO GET ME TO THROW A BOOK? BECAUSE THATS HOW YOU END UP THROWING BOOKS.

Otherwise this was a delightful read, amazing world building, great tension, 0/10 will *love* that ending, 10/10 might consider throwing the book.

Seriously, I loved this one. Especially since the cover is gorgeous and doesn't look like poop. Yes, I, Rian, am a cover whore. I'm so glad I picked this series up on a whim 2 years ago and am so proud to work at a books
Jaime (Two Chicks on Books)
Gah I don't know why I thought this was the end of the series! But as I read I knew there had be another book coming. It was really good but not my favorite of the series. Also there's one thing that made me rate this a 4 instead of a 5 but I can't say because it's spoilery. But I do really want to see how the series ends so I will be reading book 4.
Ilsen Leon
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Celia Buell
Review 5/19/20
OMG I am in in love with this series again!

I had a bit of trouble working through the first part of this book, because it really was so nothing. Also, I missed Hysan so much at the beginning.

This book really gets at the magic of female friendship in the Zodiac universe. Rho's acceptance and blossoming friendship with Pandora is one of the most beautiful things in this series. Although Rho and Nishi were always close in the series, seeing how they went through the healing process to
Regina Foo
I read this book during the time when I'm actually on hiatus for my book-related stuff, including reading, book blogging and actively talking about books on social media. I was so excited when my office's administrative staff passed the package to me with this pretty book in it.

I've always love the Zodiac series. The world building is so extensive and complex, the characters are enthralling and the story is simply soul-gripping.

In Black Moon, we're introduced to another three houses, i.e. Scorpi
Krista Dison
Dec 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Romina does it again! Black Moon did not disappoint. I'm still sitting here after reading feeling as though I've taken some Abyssthe myself. I'm totally buzzing!

I love this galaxy of unique characters Romina has created. Each book takes us to a new constellation, and we get to see more of each house. I love all the worlds!

Another thing I enjoy about these characters is the diversity. Each house has its own characteristics when it comes to appearance, personality, and lifestyle. Rho is so accep
Andrea
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, 2019-read
WHAT WAS THAT ENDING!?!

Seriously pissed about that damn cliff hanger ending. But man this was an explosive third book! It really upped its game for me. So many questions that were swirling through my head have finally been answered or the answer is unraveling and it just blew my mind!

I love that in each book we get to see another Zodiac planet. I love learning about the people and their cultures. The Tomorrow Party really drew me in with its ideals. I so want their goal to be realized, but it
Amanda
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, action, ya, sci-fi
HOLY. SHIT. I… I just… I’m flabbergasted. That ENDING! Now I have to wait until next August! How am I going to do it! I need to know now!!!!! OK… I’m going to calm down for a minute then continue on with this review… OK… I’m better now. I’m going to talk about the normal non-spoiler-y stuff first and then everything else is going in a spoiler because I need to geek out about it.

It may be unintentional but the political atmosphere in Black Moon is a strangely accurate portrayal of the current ge
Paloma Virella
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WHAT THE HECK, THAT DAMN CLIFFHANGER, I JUST WHO DOES THAT MAN... Other than the ending has completely left me in a disastrous state, the book was amazing. As I kept reading I started getting curious how Romina's mind works because its such a detailed book and everything she has created about this magnificent world has me left me in awe. The creatures that were added in this third installment were breathtaking and how their story was described was so intriguing. Also, my ship sank but I was kind ...more
Shirleon Benson
That ending, though! One of the best/worst cliffhangers EVER! AND I have to wait until August '17 comes around to read more! What the heck!?

What a great book 3 to add to my collection. So many things happened in so little amount of time that my head, at times, felt like it was reeling, but oh my, it was amazing!

I'm so happy that this author can keep my attention and imagination going despite the fact that I have difficulty following a heavy sci-fi story. I always found it so difficult to imagin
Lollyletsgo
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
CRAP!!!! ROMI RUSSELL!!!!! You cannot seriously leave it like this?!?!? I've got to wait a year for the next one?!?! (Put on your best New York Brooklyn accent when you read this:) You ah KILLIN' me ova he-ah!!

...sighing... Well, at least the love triangle has been sorted out.. (some of you who know how I feel about love triangles in YA, and it's not a warm fuzzy feeling :| )

There was a lot of action in this one and I can't wait for the next one!
Keep Writing, Romi! In fact, write faster, woman!
Megan  Scribbins
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I could not stop reading this book. This is one of my favorite series. I have to say it took me on a rollercoaster of emotions and I was really scared about what was going to happen. I finished reading this in class and I almost cried at the end. I just at there and stared at the page and kept flipping back and forth not wanting it to end.
I didn't know there was going to be a 4th one so I almost had a heart attack and it was not okay how it just left it like that like really, but I figured it o
Ceres
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-books
THIS BOOK IS AMAZING!! I'm speechless! This the best book of the series for now ♥
But Romina Russell is cruel, how can she end her book like that? Seriously????
Rhoma was really great here, more mature, she finally made some good decisions *happy dance*
We learn a lot about the Master and the thirteenth house, it was awesome, stressful and interesting.
More than that, the world created by the author is still fabulous, vivid and original.
I'm still in love with the Zodiac series, one of my fav ♥
Brittany Perry
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
well the climax was certainly climatic, wasn't it? wow literally didn't see the last page coming. I am ready for the next book already. my heart is literally racing along because there was so much tension mystery and drama in this novel. I'll be honest I am not sure how this series is going to end but I will say this it has been one hell of a ride.
Andrea
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If I didn't have the ebook, I probably would have thrown the book at the wall. The cliffhanger got me in the end, my jaw dropped . You can see the characters developing through the series. The love triangle has ended and now I can I cheer the two. The only problems I had with this book is that I had to put it down, so many distractions and I just wanted to read. Can't wait for the next book.
Karmen
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book had me on the edge of my seat! There was so many unexpected things that happened with the story and while we were left with a cliffhanger ending, I somehow left still feeling satisfied. I absolutely cannot wait for the next one to come!!!
Jason June
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love this series! The world-building is...out of this world (I know, I couldn't help it)! And the cliffhanger ending!
Hanis
Dec 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
THE ENDING THO OH MY GOD I'M NOT OKAY.
Abby
Dec 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The twists and turns of an amazing novel
Kelly
Dec 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Such a cliffhanger...
Amutha
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I need the next book...Fast...
International Zod...: Black Moon 6 8 Jan 23, 2017 05:23AM

• The Omen of Stones
  • Legacy of Light (Effigies, #3)
  • Siege of Shadows (Effigies, #2)
  • Nowhere Near You (Because You'll Never Meet Me, #2)
  • Cloak of Night (Circle of Shadows, #2)
  • Memorias de un Engaño (Lesath, #1)
  • All the Wandering Light (Even the Darkest Stars, #2)
  • Witches: Ritual Rojo (Saga Witches, #4)
  • House of Dragons (House of Dragons, #1)
  • Tarot
  • Glass Kingdom (Fantasy and Fairytales, #4)
  • The Language Animal: The Full Shape of the Human Linguistic Capacity
  • Tears of Frost (Heart of Thorns, #2)
  • Mist, Metal, and Ash (Ink, Iron and Glass, #2)
  • Esos raros relatos nuevos
  • Nacida bajo el sol de Acuario
  • The Rising of the Shield Hero Volume 7: The Manga Companion
  • The Rising of the Shield Hero, Volume 6: The Manga Companion
Romina Russell (aka Romina Garber) is a Los Angeles based author who originally hails from Buenos Aires, Argentina. As a teen, Romina landed her first writing gig—College She Wrote, a weekly Sunday column for the Miami Herald that was later picked up for national syndication—and she hasn’t stopped writing since. When she’s not working on ZODIAC, Romina can be found producing movie trailers, taking ...more

Zodiac (4 books)
  • Zodiac (Zodiac, #1)
  • Wandering Star (Zodiac, #2)
  • Thirteen Rising (Zodiac, #4)