Start by marking “The Girl in the Bird” as Want to Read:

The Girl in the Bird

Start your review of The Girl in the Bird
Ankita
May 12, 2016 rated it liked it
The Girl in the Bird by Christine Talley is a mash-up of sci-fi and romance genres. However, the main focus remains on the relationships. The plot revolves around three female characters — Alice, Hildegarde, and Bess. The story begins with an introduction of SCA: Society for Creative Anachronism. This group creates many events, where people come dressed up in ancient apparels. Many battles are organized for the amusement of participants. Hildegarde, known as Alberta in SCA, loves fighting in the ...more
Rayleigh
Jul 06, 2018 rated it liked it
The Girl in the Bird takes on the challenge of blending science fiction with romance with medieval fantasy and with contemporary. And though the story-line was intriguing to say the least, I wouldn't say that it accomplished exactly what it was going for.

The Girl in the Bird is primarily focused on about 5 main characters in the SCA (The Society for Creative Anachronism) organization, which honestly I had no idea existed before reading this book. So I certainly learned something new.

But because
Jessica Lauryn
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My first read by Ms. Talley and it won't be the last! An avid reader of romance, I enjoyed that this story is primarily a romance, with a bit of sci-fi mixed in. The characters and side characters make for an interesting blend in this rocky, romantic journey. Would definitely enjoy reading The Girl in the Bird Again!
Amy Shannon
Nov 28, 2017 rated it liked it

Good premise

I liked the story, and found there could be more details that would have been helpful. I'm not familiar with SCA but it seemed to work well in the story. The story was slow-paced and had a mix of romance and sci-fi, but it worked for the premise of the story. Story needs a little more polishing, but it was a good read, and I see good things coming from Talley.
Ajlongenbach
This would be better if the two story lines were separated into two different, distinct stories. Except for the aerial view, the bird story was a tangent that distracted from the story of the Society For Creative Anachronism (SCA).
Janice Rodgers
marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2017

• Aunt Eleanor’s Men: A True Story of One Woman's Pursuit of Grandeur
  • The Queens of Animation
  • Too Close To Home (Woodbine Valley Romance)
  • Princess of the Midnight Ball (The Princesses of Westfalin Trilogy, #1)
  • Quantum (Captain Chase #1)
  • Path of Shadows (Blood Mercenaries #2)
  • The Last Romantics
  • Hold Me in the Dark
  • The Friend Zone (End of the Line #1)
  • A Romance on Three Legs: Glenn Gould's Obsessive Quest for the Perfect Piano
  • Annihilate Me: Omnibus (Annihilate Me #1-4)
  • His Royal Highness
  • Temptation (The Hunted, #1)

News & Interviews