Start by marking “Just Haven't Met You Yet” as Want to Read:
Just Haven't Met You Yet

Just Haven't Met You Yet

Percy James has everything a girl could want: a comfy flat, a steady relationship and a truly lovely group of friends. Then she is approached by Eros Tech. Eros is 'the future of love' - an agency that brings together soulmates using mobile data. Percy has been identified as a match for one of Eros's super wealthy clients. The only problem is she already has a boyfriend . ...more
Published February 11th 2016 by Quercus

To ask other readers questions about Just Haven't Met You Yet, please sign up.
Cate Woods Hi Lauren, I'd say any age from 18 upwards, but the main characters are in their early 30s.…moreHi Lauren, I'd say any age from 18 upwards, but the main characters are in their early 30s. (less)

Start your review of Just Haven't Met You Yet
Aditi
“Having perfected our disguise, we spend our lives searching for someone we don’t fool.”

----Robert Brault

Cate Woods, an English author, pens a hilarious and compelling story in her debut book, Just Haven't Met You Yet that weaves the journey of a woman finding the soulmate for her life, despite the fact that she has a caring and adorable boyfriend, supportive friends and an amazing job. so does she really need to embark on this soulmate-searching journey where the match is computer-generated?

Nenia ⚡ Aspiring Evil Overlord ⚡ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

As of 10/14/17, this book is $1.99 in the Kindle store!

For the most part, I don't like Sophia Kinsella/Wendy Markham books. Something about her heroines put me off, and for the longest time, I couldn't quite put my finger on what it was. Then one day I realized: all her female heroines lie like they breathe. They lie over unimportant things, lie whenever they're cornered, lie to avoid conflict, lie to avoid solving problems. Lie, lie, lie.
Cora Tea Party Princess
5 Words: Romance, friends, soulmates, dating, lies.

From the blurb, the cover, and my own expectations, I thought I knew what I was getting into when I picked up this book.

I couldn't have been more wrong.

This is a wonderfully unexpected read with many little twists and turns that set it apart from your average rom-com chick-lit while still retaining the power to have you laughing out loud. It is perfect for brightening your day, for snuggling up with on a rainy day with a cup of coffee or a shot
Emer (A Little Haze)
"Have you ever had the feeling that someone else is living your life, and the one you've ended up with wasn't meant for you at all? I, for instance, suspect that I was meant to have the life currently being lived by Gwyneth Paltrow, but at a critical moment a butterfly in the Amazon flapped its wings, my life took a radically different turn and instead of Hollywood I ended up in Norwich."

Okay so based on the cover and the blurb together this book surprised me, because it does divert from the
Agi
Jan 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-releases, 2016

Lately I was in some kind of a reading slump, not the one when you can't stand the sight of a book, no matter what book it is, but the one when you must rate the books you've read with 2 or 3 stars. And then I started reading "Just Haven't Met You Yet" by Cate Woods, and oh my word, it was just what the doctor ordered...!

The premise to this book sounds so original and unusual. I mean, I've read a lot of books with blind - dates, online dating etc, but never before have I read about computer
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ghost writer Cate Woods has turned her hand to writing under her own name and Just Haven’t Met You Yet is Cate’s rather fantastic debut novel.
Just haven’t Met You Yet follows the life of Percy who seems to have everything pretty much sorted. She’s got a loving boyfriend, a job that she enjoys and a group of friends that keep her smiling. However when someone from Eros Tech gets in touch to tell Percy that they’ve found her ultimate soulmate, everything she thought she knew gets thrown into
Holly
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Originally reviewed for Bookaholic Confessions

After an unsuccessful job interview, Percy James realises that she is spending her whole life ‘waiting’. Waiting for the super-cool dream job that she was just made to do, waiting for slimmer ankles, waiting to become BFF’s with Nick Grimshaw. Whilst she’s doing all this waiting she’s not appreciating what she has in life; a good job, her own flat, brilliant friends and she is in a secure, loving (albeit safe) relationship. As Percy sets about
Frenchorchidea
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't regret reading this book! It was really good! If you like the type of Sophie Kinsella's writing you will like this book for sure! The storyline is very different from anything I have read until now and that is a really good point! I only read chicklit and sometimes a book that's different from the others is really refreshing! This book is about finding the right person for you that will make you really truly happy in life, this book is also about finding yourself and about friendship. I ...more
Kirke
Feb 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review

I really liked the original idea of Just Haven’t Met You Yet. With all these online dating apps today, there is never the guarantee of finding the one, not even the guarantee of finding someone somewhat decent (on the contrary really). Though when an agency approaches you, saying they found your soul mate, it sounds pretty good, except for the little fact that Percy is already in a relationship. This discovery is the catalyst of every disaster that follows next.

Percy loves Adam, she
Rachel Gilbey
Feb 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just Haven't Met You Yet, is an impressive and enjoyable debut novel by Cate Woods. It is a fun look at what would happen if a computer created a stronger and more realistic algorithm for an enhanced dating site, always pairing you with your soul mate.

For Percy James is approached by Eros Tech and they are promising her that they have found Percy's soulmate. Just one small tiny problem, Percy is already in a relationship, and they will be moving into together very soon.

However Percy has been
Bookread2day
Feb 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just Haven't Met You Yet is certainly a laugh out loud must read. A romantic comedy with a concept and a brilliant and unpredictable twist. I have never read such a brilliant romantic comedy.

I laughed out. Take the name Perseus Andromeda James surely that's a name that belongs in the pages of a magazine, not on Eagle Insurance employee name badge.

Loved reading about Percy who see a job advertised for EROS Technologies, a company dedicated to the science of lifestyle enhancement. When Percy is
Linda Hill
Feb 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When Percy James receives a mysterious message from Eros Tech claiming to have matched her with her soul mate from the world’s population, curiosity gets the better of her and she agrees to meet the match. Little does she realise what far reaching consequences a simple meeting might have.

I loved Just Haven’t Met You Yet. It was such an engaging and fun read. It’s lighthearted but not lightweight and so well written the story races along.

I enjoyed the premise (which I won’t discuss too much here
Angela Smith
This book is a lot of fun as you journey with Percy James (Perseus-Andromeda James) along her rocky road of relationship disasters. Percy is in a comfortable relationship with a guy called Adam. In fact, he wants to take it one step further and have her move in with him, but she is starting to have serious doubts. To top it off there is this shady company called EROS Tech that seems to be almost stalking her.

Eros Tech claims to be a dating agency like no other when it comes to compatibility. In
Kat
Jan 14, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley-tbr
This is a 2.5/5

Cate Woods has managed to write a book like nothing I’ve ever read before. An agency called Eros Tech approach the main character Percy to say they can put her in touch with her one of their rich clients. She already has a boyfriend. So will she take the chance to find out more?

I loved Mel, Percy’s work colleague, she is very funny and entertaining, I would have loved to see more of her. I found this an interesting concept, and I love the writing of Cate but unfortunately
Acordul Fin
One of those books I really could have lived without. The writing style is not stellar. The heroine was a pathological liar and had little redeeming qualities. I found it very hard to root for her happy end when she treated people quite poorly. The ending was pretty absurd and I saw it coming.
Sharon Chadd
Jul 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Refreshing read

I needed a weekend distraction and this book more than filled the brief. It was a don't put down, completely consuming, addictive read, that didn't last longer than a day and now left me wanting more! I will certainly be looking out for new titles as they appear, happy days!
Zoe
Jan 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was surprisingly unexpected. I did not see that plot happening in what seemed to be, on the outside, a typical upbeat chick lit! I enjoyed this - my only niggle? This woman literally fell in love with every person that crossed her path. It was tiring. Other than that, a great little read.
Summer Ashbee
Feb 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Thoroughly enjoyed this. Was definitely not expecting that plot twist!
Kirsty
I really enjoyed this book. Nice little twist and some nice ideas about soulmates. Also loved that it was set in Norwich.
Hayley 🐝
Average. I was really enjoying this book until three quarters of the way in. Unrealistic, and no answers given at the end which is a little frustrating. Well written and I would try another by this author. Imagine if there really was a computer which could detect your soulmate? Trouble would be brewing! 3 stars.
grethe tozer
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
From the blurb
"Percy James has everything a girl could want: a comfy flat, a steady relationship and a truly lovely group of friends. Then she is approached by Eros Tech. Eros is 'the future of love' – an agency that brings together soulmates using phone data. Percy has been identified as a match for one of Eros's super wealthy clients. The only problem is she already has a boyfriend …but what if this is *destiny*? Would you – could you – pass up a chance to meet your one true love?"

~~~~~~

So,
Silke
Jan 24, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley-reads
I was kindly given a copy through Netgalley, with many thanks to the publisher.

I'm in two minds about this book. There's parts that I really liked and there's parts that I wasn't very keen on.

Let's start off with the fact that Cate Woods has a distinctive writer's voice. It doesn't sound like many other chicklit authors out there. This is definitely a strength as it immediately makes the book feel like new and interesting.
So we meet Perseus, Percy, and she has a lot of endearing factors for a
Luise
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm a bit torn, but it's an alright story in general.

So there's this huge plot twist very early on, that I didn't expect. At all. I wasn't sure what to think about that, though. But at least I can say that the storyline wasn't too obvious - which is basically not too bad. Especially as it more or less stayed that way the entire time.

A very big issue, however, was the notorious lying of Percy. A "story" based on lies is just so unnecessary and annoying. Why can't you just tell the truth -
Nancy
The trials and tribulations of falling in love! There are a few twists in this fun read that made me wonder exactly what might be going on and how Percy’s story would turn out. There were just enough clues to work out who she would end up with but there was still a little surprise right at the end. Well written with very likeable characters, the plot rolls on at a steady ‘must read what’s on the next page’ pace. Very entertaining.
Stephen Walton
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well that was something different . Quirky , humorous and a good story it was most enjoyable . Loads going on and my interest never waned. Some really funny one liners made this a must to read/ listen to.
Liz
Jul 24, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some funny moments but not really enough to stop the book being slow.
pat
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable book

I enjoyed this book it is a laughable book so if you need cheering up read this book , pure silliness in places but e enjoyable .
Kim
Feb 08, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good for fans of Bridget Jones, a cute little romance. Admittedly am now thinking about the real world application of EROS technology!
Sabi
Oct 07, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Its a 2 and half

okay let's see, i got into this novel very excitedly,thrilled,eager and well other synonyms for when you think you are gonna like a thing. i can't say it was bad or i was upset but my hoped were defiantly lent down. it was shelved and categorized as a rom com but it was not one. yes, it had a lot comedic moments and i laughed at one or two but that's it!

you don't root for the main couple as you don't know who the heroine is going to end up with until the last 20 pages of the
Rhode
May 21, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: not-for-me
DNFed at page 2 because the heroine starts out showing how ditzy she is by trying to convince herself to buy an exceptionally silly skirt (mini, tartan with sparkles which sounds fun at $20, but any not-wealthy grown woman who honestly considers buying it at nearly $900 is not cute) while denigrating her own physique “Unlike the model, whose legs are like perfectly knobbly Twiglets, mine are Drumstick-shaped: the cone of my lower legs steadily widening towards the ice cream bulge of my upper ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• A Year of Being Single
  • The Bucket List to Mend a Broken Heart
  • Burning Moon (Destination Love, #1)
  • Who’s That Girl?
  • Covent Garden in the Snow
  • Relight My Fire
  • The List
  • Coming Home to Cuckoo Cottage
  • Almost a Bride (Destination Love, #2)
  • Out of Practice (The Larkford Series #1)
  • The Out of Office Girl
  • Bridesmaids
Cate Woods made the most of her degree in Anglo-Saxon Literature by embarking on a career making tea on programmes including The Big Breakfast, Who Wants to be a Millionaire and French & Saunders. After narrowly missing out on the chance to become a Channel 5 weather girl she moved into journalism, where she interviewed every famous John, from Prescott to Bon Jovi, ghostwrote a weekly column ...more
“I feel so giddy with happiness I should have little cartoon bluebirds flitting around my head and bunnies gambolling at my feet.” 2 likes
“He puts a reassuring hand on my shoulder. ‘There’s this quote: “Always do what you’re afraid to do.” It’s something of a personal motto of mine, actually.” 0 likes