Start by marking “Triad Blood (Triad Blood, #1)” as Want to Read:
Triad Blood (Triad Blood, #1)

Triad Blood

(Triad Blood #1)

The law of three is unbroken: three vampires form a coterie, three demons make a pack, and three wizards are a coven. That is how it has always been, and how it was always to be.

But Luc, Anders, and Curtis—vampire, demon, and wizard—have cheated tradition. Their bond is not coterie, pack, or coven, but something else. Thrust into the supernatural politics ruling Ottawa fro
Published May 1st 2016 by Bold Strokes Books

To ask other readers questions about Triad Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Triad Blood

Nathan Burgoine
Jan 12, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: glbt, my-writing
Edit: Black Friday Sale (until November 26th, 2018), 15% off all books and e-books at the Bold Strokes Books web store.

Edited to add: Because it keeps coming up, and I really don't want to readers walking in with the wrong expectation: This isn't a romance. As listed, Triad Blood is a fantasy book (specifically, an urban paranormal). In a brick and mortar store, it's meant to be on a science fiction/fantasy shelf. In the e-book world, you'll see it's classified as "Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & T
Karen
Apr 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"A vampire, a demon and a wizard walk into a bar..."

No seriously this isn't a joke it's the opening line for one of the most entertaining books that I have had the pleasure of reading in quite a while.

Let's just get this out of the way now, so there's absolutely no confusion 'I LOVED THIS FREAKING BOOK' it was awesome. It was fun and entertaining, it made me laugh and even hold my breath a couple of times. The characters were quirky and unique and the setting was perfection (but more about tha
☙ percy ❧
(1.5 stars)

i don't even know why i didn't like it, i just couldn't get into it and i was really bored throughout most of it. maybe it was the writing style, and the fact that i thought the characters could have been better developed? but it's probably a not-you-it's-me situation.
BWT (Belen)
3.5 Stars

Here's what you need to know: Curtis, a powerful wizard and Orphan (a wizard not born to one of the magical bloodlines), has defied "the Families" and instead of forming a coven with two other wizards has instead formed a triad of power with an Incubus Demon and a Vampire through a complicated rite with blood, soul, and magic. Something no one knew was even possible. Their triumvirate of power is an unknown and therefore a threat to all.

Wizards, Demons and Vampires are all trying to br
Kristen Burns
4 Stars

Review:
*I received an ecopy of this book via Netgalley. This has not influenced my review.*

Ok so, this book was basically my dream come true. I mean, it was a m/m/m menage-esque relationship that included both a vampire and an incubus---my top two favorite paranormal creatures! Seriously I couldn't even snatch this book up fast enough when I saw that in the blurb.

But of course a book still has to have good characters and plot and writing and all that in order for me to like it... and than
Nathan Sims
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Triad Blood: A NetGalley Review

Back when Buffy the Vampire Slayer made it big on TV and Jim Butcher started writing about Harry Dresden, I remember hunting the shelves of bookstores for urban fantasy reflective of my life and my relationships. I wanted the vampires and the werewolves and the magic, the exciting twists and turns – yeah, all of that. But I also wanted a gay man’s perspective.

I wasn’t looking for erotica or romance masquerading as urban fantasy. I was looking for the real deal. F
Lisazj1
4.5 stars! Loved it!!! I've had company for the last few days and had no chance to read but the minute my family left, I jumped right on this and finished it.

I love this author's writing, his characters are interesting, the world building was familiar territory with its own unique twist, and the plot was both attention-grabbing and attention-keeping. In other words, a total win for me.

I took off 1/2 star only because, like his first book for me, what little sex there is here is once again largel
Eugenia
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, mm
Good read and intense world building. Although at times I felt as if I was reading a second book in the series, I didn't feel lost or that I had missed anything.

Very good characterization and plot development. Little tension, and very low heat, but I didn't feel like I missed it much even if I'm a tension junkie.

I adored Anders, the incubus and am intrigued enough by this triad of MCs to continue on in the next book, which will hopefully have more heat.
Ije the Devourer of Books
May 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
I first 'discovered' Nathan Burgoine's writing in the anthology 'Men of the Mean Streets.' After reading his story I yearned for more even though I am not a great fan of short stories.

Then I read 'Light' which was his first full length novel and I knew I had found a new favourite author.

And so I was really excited when I saw that 'Triad' was going to be published. I read the short story prequel but Triad is a really good story even if you haven't read the prequel. I enjoyed this urban fantasy/p
Rachel Emily
I wasn't too sure what to expect with this story, and I was immediately a bit worried that I wouldn't understand what was going on when I found out that this does pick up after some short stories featuring the same characters. But when I read that first Firefly reference, I knew we were golden :D

OK, that's not the ONLY thing that sucked me into this book, but a couple Browncoat references never hurt!

This book was thrilling - captivating, imaginative, and completely un-put-downable. The world-b
Raj
Jun 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I would sometimes liken myself to a reading raven.I would immerse myself in a sparkly book all shiny & new until a brighter object winks my way & off I would fly to that jewel & grasp it to my fickle heart.

Not so much with this diamond in the rough.It has the makings of what could be an exceptional series where three magical outcasts form an unconventional triad out of a need for survival in a world where being alone is often deadly.

Romance understandably takes a back seat though the
Aղցela W.
This was a pretty good read. Luc, Curtis and Anders a vamp demon and wizard have formed a bond that's unheard of. I liked all three of these character's. Curtis is smart, geeky and powerful, a wizard and Orphan not born to one of the magical bloodlines and shunned by the other Families for going against their rules. All he wanted after his real family’s death, was to be left alone. But the magic wanted to be used and that made him a target. Luc the smooth, handsome vampire who was cast aside bec ...more
♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣
Full reviewage on Prism Book Alliance®

What an entertaining opening sequence we get here. It introduced some of the dangers and asked some of the questions about this world, a contemporary alternate version of our own, and these characters and their personalities. Right away I had an idea about each of our three leads. Anders is cheeky and speaks his mind and doesn’t have much of a filter, and he’s our demon. Like recognizes like, mmm hmmm. Curtis is thoughtful, eager, and intelligent. He cares a
Elizabeth Lister
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When I attended the Romancing the Capital convention in Ottawa earlier this month I snagged a copy of my friend ‘Nathan Burgoine’s second novel, Triad Blood, along with its sequel, Triad Soul.

‘Nathan and I have been friends for a few years now. We met somewhat randomly at the grand opening of a renewed LGBT+ bookstore/gallery downtown just after my first novel, Beyond the Edge, was published.

We encountered each other again at the very first Romancing the Capital convention, thrust together as th
Laxmama
May 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: male-pov, m-m, hot, netgalley
I received an ARC from NETGALLEY for a review. Triad Blood is the story of the tripod of the vampire, wizard and incubus, along with the paranormal society surrounding them. It was highly intriguing, fast paced and easy to get drawn into this world created by Nathan Burgoine. While reading I did learn there is a prequel available much more involved with the three, titled Three- I plan to read but wish I had read prior to this story. I reccome do for a paranormal , m/m adventure.
Riina Y.T.
Triad Blood is available now through Bold Strokes Books webstore. You will get the important prequel Three FREE with your purchase!

Pretty sweet deal, right?

I honestly think it's important to read Three before starting with Triad Blood. You'll meet Luc first. He'll introduce you to Anders and together they target Curtis...

Three is an awesome short story and told from Luc's POV, which is always a delight and, if I'm being completely honest, what got me hooked on those guys.

There is an incredibl
Mtsnow13
Jun 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow. This is a very intricate, well-written story with some fantastic world-building. I recall now that I had read one of this author's short stories in an anthology than Lethe Press released, and I very much enjoyed it as well. The descriptive language is not at all flowery, but well-paced and keeps the reader wanting to just keep reading, even as you finish the previous chapter. I think the different points of view from each character helps with this movement. It flows well, is not boring at a ...more
Jesse Nicholas
Jun 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016-books
For my first M/M romance(erotica), I was quite pleased! I loved the paranormal aspects of it, although some of the wiccan portions seemed a bit off for me. I also feel like the ending was too clean, and the epilogue was a bit off. BUT I did enjoy the relationships between characters. There was intense chemistry that could have only happened with great writing, so I was very pleased with that.

A more detailed review to come!
Christian Baines
Apr 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Feel that? It's the glorious afterglow of having been immersed in great world-building. Comprehensive, yet easy to pick up, the mythology of Triad Blood is compelling (we are getting a sequel, right?), while the individual characters offer a fresh, highly memorable take on the traditional id/ego/superego formula. They're a pleasure to spend time with, and I hope to come back to them soon.
DF
Jul 09, 2017 rated it liked it
What an interesting trio we have here!

When I see the Menage tag, I am often like " OK, no actual plot here" ...
Imagine my surprise when I realized that's not the case here. At all.

I liked the world building and the different points of view of the characters / Luc's being my favorite one, of course / .
I didn't expect it to be funny, but I often found myself grinning at whatever Anders was saying .

Off to read the second part of the book, where I actually hope to see those three together in a more
H.A. Fowler
Jul 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: urban fantasy fans, gay menage fans, vampire, demon, and wizard fans
Recommended to H.A. Fowler by: Netgalley
I’ve decided that my need to read vampire romance/erotica/whatever has become a bit pathological. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, imo. Someone has to keep the vampire fiction market in business. So I picked up this book at Netgalley, because of the vampire thing, plus the threesome thing, plus the m/m/m thing, which can either be really good, or really bad.

I was strangely ambivalent about this book at first. It was well-written, the characters had interesting backstories, the premise
Joyfully Jay
Sep 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

Before I go too far, I’ll mention that I started off reading Three, a short story that was first published in the Bold Strokes Books anthology Blood Sacrament. The short story introduces the three men and shows them meeting and forming their triad. It is also has a super steamy sex scene that gives us our introduction to the threesome and their amazing chemistry. While you could definitely read this book as a standalone, and in fact the ending of the short story f
Jenn
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the first full-length novel featuring ‘Nathan Burgoine’s paranormal triad: Luc the vampire, Anders the demon, and Curtis the wizard. In this world, paranormal creatures must form groups of three (or more) in order to be safe from other creatures, and those groups are usually of one kind: three vampires, three demons, etc. In previous short stories, Luc, Anders and Curtis—each alone and vulnerable—formed a connection with each other that started out as solely an act of desperation, but ha ...more
Laurali
May 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Everything I have read by Nathan Burgoine is superb, and "Triad Blood" is no exception. Burgoine's short stories are delightful, but his first two novels have really shown us what he can do....and it only leaves you wanting more.

"Triad Blood" involves characters you may have met in Burgoine's short stories (I think they have featured in five) but even if you haven't read those, you will not have any difficulty. This story quickly brings you up to speed with the situation without feeling strained
DHHReview
Triad Blood is the first thing I have read written by Nathan Burgoine and I was impressed.

I would categorize this book under Paranormal GBT Erotica. On the average I do not typically read more than 1-2 a year from that category because it can be hard to connect with the characters. The book summary pulled me in immediately and I was not disappointed!

The storyline itself is great. Three individuals , each from different "origins", come together to create a bad ass "family". The story follows alon
Kathleen
May 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Kickass story with nicely developed characters, set in Canada, great atmosphere, unique storyline, solid prose and editing. Looking forward to a sequel!
Claudie Arseneault
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbt, indie
Urban fantasy isn't my usual digs, but it's hard to resist books from authors I trust, especially those I get to talk with both in RL and on twitter. But hey, I'm a very versatile reader: give me good characters, and I'll follow anywhere. Especially magical Ottawa, I mean. Come on.

To no one's surprise, the nerd wizard is my favourite of TRIAD BLOOD's wizard-vampire-demon triad, with classy and way-more-morally grey vampire, Luc, coming right behind. Especially when him and Anders are taking dig
Ashley
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A vampire, demon and wizard decide to form their own triad, instead of forming a group of three of their own kind, which is how it normally works. By creating this group, the leaders of the vampire's, demon's and wizard's are willing to do anything to break of up this group.

Luc, Anders, and Curtis would love to just stay under the radar in their little group, but the powers that be, seem intent on breaking then up even if it means killing all three of them.

I wasn't sure about this book, but su
Joseph
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Delightfully Fun

Fun urban fantasy with a cast of gay men who really ring true, and a setting with flavorful metaphysics and mythology. Give it a read!
Nathan Frechette
An engaging read with amazingly three-dimensional characters you will fall in love with. I really enjoyed this one!
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Beast Without (Arcadia Trust, #1)
  • Bloodline (Norwood #2)
  • Shaker of Earth (SPECTR Series 2, #5)
  • PsyCop Briefs: Volume 1
  • Spindrift
  • Echoes of Deviance (Aberrant Magic, #4)
  • The Pill Bugs of Time (Offbeat Crimes, #2)
  • The Dead (The Thaumaturge #1)
  • A Bond of Three
  • Killing Time
  • Technically Dead
  • Spirit Sanguine (Sanguine, #1)
  • Mongrel (Mongrel, #1)
  • Heart of Ice (Demon Souls #1)
  • In Darkness Bound (The Society #1)
  • Death by Dragon
  • The Holy Trinity (The Wolves of Gardwich #1)
'Nathan Burgoine grew up a reader and studied literature in university while making a living as a bookseller. His first published short story was "Heart" in the collection Fool for Love: New Gay Fiction. Since then, he has had dozens of short stories published, including This is How You Die (the second Machine of Death anthology). Since then, he's had dozens of short fiction pieces published, and ...more

Triad Blood (2 books)
  • Triad Soul (Triad Blood, #2)
“The more words you use, the more untruths sneak in.” 3 likes
“Look, I've been doing this a long time. If I'm honest with you, then yes. The Families could have done both. The car thing is absolutely their style, like you said."

Luc frowned. "But you don't think they did it."

David shook his head. "No. Because you're alive. The Families wouldn't screw up twice." He left, closing the door behind him.

"If that was supposed to make me feel better," Curtis said, "it needed way more puppies. Or something from the chocolate family.”
0 likes