Start by marking “Every Move (Every, #3)” as Want to Read:
Every Move (Every, #3)

Every Move

(Every #3)

The sequel to Every Breath and Every Word.After the dramatic events of London, a road trip back to her old home in Five Mile sounds good (in theory) to Rachel Watts, with her brother Mike in the driving seat. But when Mike picks up his old buddy – the wildly unreliable Harris Derwent – things start to go south. Back in Melbourne, Rachel’s ‘partner in crime’, James Mycroft, ...more
Published February 2nd 2016 by Allen & Unwin Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about Every Move, please sign up.
Marie I asked a publicist at Tundra a couple months ago and she said she didn't know if/when the book would be published in Canada/US because unfortunately…moreI asked a publicist at Tundra a couple months ago and she said she didn't know if/when the book would be published in Canada/US because unfortunately there's not a huge interest in the series here yet. :-( BUT you can now get it from The Book Depository, and they ship for free to almost everywhere. (less)

Bonnie-Anne Carmichael (Love Triangles Are Fucking Stupid.)
The first two books in this series were fantastic. I truly loved the writing, the setting, the story, the characters and the relationship between Rachel and Mycroft. Wattscroft stole my heart. I completely believed in their relationship and honestly thought that they were meant to be. I unfortunately no longer believe that AT ALL.

(view spoiler)
Jaime Arkin
My love for this series is complete. Of course being incredibly impatient about series books, I ordered my copy of Every Move from Australia on its release day there and then waited with baited breath for it to arrive in my mailbox… it only took about 2.5 weeks. Amazingly I survived.

I will try not to spoil a single thing about this book since it is the final installment, but I will say that I absolutely adored everything about it. I know, I know. There are going to be some people who are going
Danielle (Love at First Page)
Sep 20, 2013 marked it as lost-interest-or-not-for-me  ·  review of another edition
***At this point, I don't think I'll be reading the book. I've had some distance after the initial surge of reviews and hearing about certain things, but to this day it still makes me sick thinking about what happens. Not gonna do that to myself as a reader, nor am I going to stand for it, to be honest. If I'm being overly sensitive, well, that's just me. Maybe some time down the line I'll change my mind. Mycroft - I love you, and I'm sorry, but I just can't.

>>>>>

There's no end in
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
I put off reading this final book for ages, and I don't even know why. It definitely wasn't because of the purported love triangle. I can deal with that because I trust Ellie Marney enough as an author not to completely alienate her readership...and we are ALL #Wattscroft shippers, after all. And after reading the book, I think rumors of a love triangle were grossly exaggerated. It was never an issue, though with everything that Mycroft has gotten Rachel caught up in over the course of this seri ...more
nick

Immediately after finishing Every Word, I jumped into Every Move because I was so impatient to be reunited with Rachel and Mycroft. What a ride this book was! By the end, I was left feeling very happy with the turn of events, but also overwhelmingly sad because I realized this was the end of my journey with two of my favorite characters of all-time. Despite my sadness though, there’s no denying that Ellie Marney did an incredible job at wrapping up Rachel and Mycroft’s story.

To her, death is all
ALPHAreader
Sep 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
‘Every Move’ is the third and final book in Ellie Marney’s ‘Every’ mystery YA series.

I didn’t want to read this book – not because I wasn’t excited for it, and I certainly wanted to catch up with James Mycroft again … No, I didn’t want to read this book because I knew it was the last we’d be reading of Mycroft and Rachel Watts, and I didn’t want their adventures to end. But, it was Arthur Conan Doyle who wrote; 'What object is served by this circle of misery and violence and fear? It must tend t
Tara
This was one of those books... one of those books that I wanted to read as quickly as possible so I could get to the end and find out all of the stuff..... but also one of those books that I wanted to read as slowly as possible so I didn't have to say goodbye to Rachel and James. Since finishing the book 20 minutes ago, I have realised that I am now calling them Rachel and James instead of Watts and Mycroft as I have done in the past and this is because both of the characters both developed into ...more
Forever Young Adult
Talky Talk: Mind Movie + G’day, Mate
Bonus Factor: The Country
Anti-Bonus Factor: TEABS
Relationship Status: Longtime Love

Read the full book report here.
K.
19/3/2016
I stand by everything I said last time. Amazing book is amazing.

25/2/2015
4.5 stars.

I've been waiting for this book with baited breath since I finished Every Word last month. And it was well and truly worth the wait. I woke up this morning to a delightful "your preorder is now available for download" email from Amazon, and proceed to devour it in the space of a couple of hours. I'm going to continue with my pro/con list reviews, because THOUGHTS ARE HARD.

Pros:
- WATTSCROFT 5EVA. (view s
Steph Cuthbert
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: loveozya, young-adult
I bloody loved this series. What an emotional roller coaster. Action packed, kick arse characters, mystery and international intrigue- Every Move has it all.
Every Move was fantastic ending to one of the most enjoyable and heart-stopping series I've read this year.
Kayla
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We had hints of a love triangle and this but it didn't matter because I still really enjoyed it. The love triangles wasn't needed but it did add some drama into the mix.
Chiara
A copy of this novel was provided by Allen and Unwin for review.

I really enjoyed Every Move. Probably not quite as much as Every Word, but more than Every Breath.

One of the reasons why I didn’t enjoy this book as much as Every Word is because of two things. The first is the absence of Mycroft in the ~first half of the novel. I mean, I get that they were having problems, or whatever, but I felt that his absence wasn’t really explained very well, and was used as a plot device for Harris to enter.
Sylwia
To be honest, I think that every book in this series is equally good. It doesn't happen often. Many times while reading a series I love the first and the second book, and then it all goes downhill in the third one. Thankfully, that's not the case here.

Chemistry. I guess that's what makes these books so good. The chemistry between Rachel and James is off the charts. Their love is one of a kind. They're like two sides of the same coin. I love their banter, the moments when they're opening up to e
Emily Mead
IT'S OVER BUT IT WAS AMAZING BUT IT'S *OVER* BUT....

It was amazing.

You know that cliche about not being able to put the book down, because it's so freaking awesome? Well, I had to put it down because apparently there was like a family dinner or something (how dare they) BUT I WAS THINKING ABOUT IT THE WHOLE TIME.

I'll stop with the caps now. Proper review to come. Everyone must read this.

______________________________________
Before I even start this review, let me start of by saying that you’re
Ely
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Originally posted at A Book So Fathomless

This book was sent to me by the publisher in exchange for an honest review, but this in no way alters my thoughts and opinions.

Oh my god. Can I just say that first? Just wow.

The Every series is one of my all-time favourite series. I’m sure this doesn’t surprise any of you. I’ve fangirled thousands of times about these books, and about James Mycroft in particular and now the series is over.

I was terrified to read this final book. I’m already really awful
Roxanne
I really enjoyed this whole series! I love the Aussie feel to it, especially, but Rachel is also a pretty great character! Mycroft felt a little bit absent in this instalment, I guess because Harris took up some page time, but I did enjoy how his relationship with Rachel developed. Now I can't wait to read the next Ellie Marney book, especially because it features Harris! (I've got a bit of a soft spot for him, in case you couldn't tell!)
Jessica
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can not rave enough about this and the other two books in this trilogy. Hands down 3 of the best YA books I have read. And I have read a lot of YA.

Final books can make me nervous---they have a lot to live up to. This final piece to Rachel and Mycroft's story is a step up from fantastic. The writing continues to be smart, the action fast paced, the humor witty, and the romance tortured and true.
Aussie Owned and Read Owned and Read

Before I even start this review, let me start of by saying that you’re going to read these books.

You just are. It’s a requirement of.

Um.

You just have to read them, okay????

Usually I do five reasons to read books. So let’s go with that again.

CAM00788[1]

FIVE VERY DEFINITE REASONS TO READ THIS SERIES.

1) Ellie Marney is Australian (you already know it’s going to be brilliant) and is just so lovely.

2) Sherlock, people. It’s Sherlock but YA.

3) Two books are set in Australia – one city, one rural. The
Alicia Papp
Disappointed! The first book in this series was fabulous - witty, funny and fresh. The second veered off a little, but on the whole was very good. But this book....being inside Rachel's head was a chore. This girl wants to be a doctor, but doesn't seek any help when she is clearly suffering after the events of the previous book and just brings everyone down with her. And the decisions she makes - Bella Swan anyone? I gave up after page 241 after the third incredibly stupid decision, and just ski ...more
Gia✨
Jul 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The last book in the Every trilogy finished with a satisfying conclusion, if a bit fast paced.

I enjoyed the action-packed stuff spiced with mystery and suspense.

Initially while reading the book, I was really frustrated at the sudden and kind of weird rift between Rachel and Mycroft but thank God they were over it soon.
I found it totally pointless to include Harris. Okay, yeah he was an immense help during the MCs' escape but what I am referring is love interest here. There was seriously no need
Namera [The Literary Invertebrate]
ONE LINE REVIEW

Mycroft is still awesome, but I'd have killed for an epilogue.

[Blog] - [Bookstagram]

photo c l i m b C2A0e v e r y C2A0m o u n t a i n 2_zpsykn9gbgr.png
Lauren
Feb 26, 2015 marked it as looks-suspiciously-like-a-triangle  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tbr-books-i-own, 2015
I still haven't gotten up enough courage to read this book. I'm not sure I ever will, and that makes me incredibly sad :(. WHY certain things are in these pages, I will never understand. (view spoiler)
Hannah • So Obsessed With
Aside from the romance, it felt like a more emotional book overall. I was laughing one minute and frantically turning the page the next. Every Word kept me on my toes, which is exactly what I wanted. I'd say my heart can't take much more, but I want every last bit of emotional overload. I'm committed to these two!

See my full review on So Obsessed With!
Holly
Sep 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Oh man, this book was hard to read at times but so worth it. I liked the addition of Harris and his self-defense lessons with Rachel. She is suffering from some serious PTSD-like symptoms, which threaten to tear she and Mycroft apart. But everything comes together in the end. A satisfying conclusion to the series.
Angie
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2015, 5-star
This was so good, definitely the best & my favorite in the series. The story was fantastic, the character development wonderful and so many feels it was awesome. And I loved the new character, Harris, so much. Charming & hilarious so obviously my type y/y
Ellen
Jan 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I got impatient waiting for this to be published in the USA, so I bought a copy from another seller on Amazon. I didn't eat this one up as much as the first two in the series (which may just have to do with the fact that I'm losing interest in YA literature in general) but I still liked it and thought it was a good ending to the series. I think my biggest complaint was some of the stupid things the main characters do that puts them in danger. But if you like the first two books, I would recommen ...more
Amanda
Every Move is the third and final book in the Every series by Australian author Ellie Marney. It's been over a month since they returned from London, Rachel still nursing injuries and Mycroft hellbent on continuing on the investigation. They soon realise that the mastermind behind the events in London has followed them home and now they and their families are in danger.

It's been two years since I read the second book, Every Word, but I fell back into the world of Rachel and Mycroft easily. Rac
Amra Pajalic
Aug 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: loveozya
Ellie Marney finishes her crime series with a bang. I loved this series that re-imagines the Sherlock and Watson duo in James Mycroft and Rachel Watts in Melbourne.

This was an action packed read and Marney has a real talent for focusing on the young adult aspect of the story, while delivering an action packed mystery with lots of blood and tension.

Ellie Marney found it difficult to say goodbye to her characters and I have to echo I feel the same. It's always a mark of amazing writing when the ch
Williesun
3.5 stars, I think.

I've sat on my feelings for this book a while and ugh. I'm just not the absolute Every fangirl some of my friends are. To me the whole series is problematic and the last two books cemented that. It's so full of bad decisions and as much as I want to excuse it with "they're teenagers etc." I can't fully do so.

It's well written and we get to see where Rachel grew up but those teens are still really dumb for being so intelligent. Plus, at times I found the story to have lengths.
Holly
Aug 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was dragging my feet to finish this book. I didn't want to say goodbye to these characters. To Mycroft and Watts, who are a forever OTP of mine now. To Walsh and Mai and Gus and Pickup and Mike, etc. I've got such love for this series, and for them, and I hate that it's over. BUT THANK GOD THERE IS A HARRIS DERWENT BOOK BC I NEED MORE OF THIS LOVABLE BAD BOY WHO LIKES MAKING THINGS GO BOOM.

4.5 Paw Prints!
Cassie
First Read: Oct. 21-22, 2015

Second Read: Nov. 12-13, 2016
Thelma
Mar 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-thriller, ya
Maybe I would've liked this book even more than I already do if I read it right after the second one. But I already like it a lot as is.
This is a very satysfying conclusion. Rachel and Mycroft are back in Australia so they're on home ground. But after what happened in the previous book they are both in a pretty bad place. I'm glad the book didn't skip their trauma. They both had to deal with it in their own way. And it's not like the rest of the cast acted like nothing happened either. Mai is tr
Kaja
Oct 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: detective, mystery, romance, ya
Ellie Marney’s Sherlock-inspired trilogy got a very satisfying conclusion with Every Move. You can read my reviews of Every Breath and Every Word – but be warned that this review will inevitably contain spoilers for the first two books. I have to say that my favourite of the series is the second one, which is really interesting, because I often complain about second book syndrome (where I get the feeling the second book is just a placeholder between the beginning and the end and that the series ...more
Lucy

The strongest part of this series has always been the romantic tension between Mycroft and Rachel. And with most of that tension resolved by the final book, I couldn't help but feel a little bored with the rest. The revelation of Wild's identity and the whole final showdown was underwhelming and a distraction from the much more interesting inner conflicts many of the characters were wrestling with. And the introduction of a new character, Harris Derwent, was a little unnecessary, especi
Katharine (Ventureadlaxre)
Every Move is the third and final book in the Every trilogy by Ellie Marney – though I’m hoping for more books, set in England as they work/study, as alluded to at the end of the book (though I found that a little hard to believe, the perks for Rachel also don’t seem likely or necessary as I’m sure they would make it happen without that.

That aside, and going back to the start of the book, we have both Rachel and James trying to cope with the pretty awful things that happened to them in England.
Melanie
See more reviews at YA Midnight Reads

This review is completely spoiler free for the series (and all spoilers are hidden in spoiler tags).

Books like Every Move restore my faith in YA series enders. Why? Because I’ve just had the worst luck with series enders lately. *cough* Ashes to Ashes, In the Afterlight and Isla and the Happily Ever After *cough* But enough of complaining, let’s talk (or just ramble, in my case, as I’m experiencing a book hangover currently) about the fabulousness that is Ell
Tessa
Jul 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This review can also be found at Crash My Book Party

Every Move is the final instalment in the Mycroft and Watts story. When we left them at the conclusion of Every Word, they had assumed their frightening ordeal in London was behind them only to find out that Mr Wild had contacted Mycroft through his Diogenes blog. The game is still afoot! This book picks up 5 weeks later with Rachel suffering PTSD (night terrors, inability to be hugged) and with Mycroft absolutely throwing himself into tracki
Suzana Thompson
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: teen, sherlock
I have delayed writing this review, because I wasn't sure how to rate this book. I love these characters so much, and it was hard to let go of them. This often happens with my favorite series, but the finale usually leaves me satisfied with the conclusion of their story. This one fell short. The characters were still great, and their love story is everything that I wanted it to be. It was in their showdown with the big bad where the story faltered for me. Maybe I am guilty of the thing that Mori ...more
Michelle
It’s always difficult to read the final book in a series. Along with quite a bit of excitement, I find reading final books leaves me with an undeniable sense of sadness. Suddenly I have to say goodbye to characters I’ve come to know and love, without the comfort of another instalment waiting in the wings. Every Move was no exception. If you’ve read my reviews of Every Breath and Every Word, you’ll know I love this series. It’s exceptional, and I couldn’t have hoped for a more fitting finale in E ...more
Lia
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: best-books-ever
I'mma start off saying this: all the reviews stating that this novel is unlike OTHER final installments in your usual trilogy (a.k.a stretched out, pathetic, and boring) are true.
To put it mildly, this was fantastic and there's a dull ache in my heart that accompanies the end of the insane ride that was the Every trilogy.
How couldn't I have heard about it until so late after its publishing??? Was this the Universe trying to protect me from the pain I'm feeling right now or teasing me by keeping
Lisa
FINALLY. I'm only two years late in reading this (I literally had the book on my shelf for two years lmao) but I finally finished it today and wow-

As far as the plot goes I probably love Every Word more, and the events leading up to the end are a bit convoluted for me, but I love the way Rachel's PTSD is portrayed--that sounds wrong but I hope you know what I mean, that it's realistic and a big part of Rachel's life post-Word, that it's not swept under the rug. Mycroft and Rachel's relationship
Priscilla
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am so not ready to say goodbye to these characters. I have a hard time realizing that this is it. I won't have any other page to read in this series and honestly, it breaks my heart.

I loved this trilogy. I didn't know I would have loved it so much, actually. I let these books sit on my bookshelf for a year and a half and why haven't I picked them sooner?

Although this book was not my favorite, and felt a little rushed, I was so desperate to know how all the loose ends would be tied up that I r
Stephi ♥
THE FIRST MURDER WAS IN CROYDON. I REPEAT THE FIRST MURDER WAS IN CROYDON. DO YOU KNOW HOW EXCITING IT IS TO KNOW EVERY SINGLE PLACE IN A BOOK? AND TO PRACTICALLY LIVE IN ONE OF THEM? TO HAVE BEEN TO ALL THE PLACES? BOOKS SHOULD BE SET IN AUSTRALIA MORE OFTEN!!

So I'm a little bit upset that this appears to be the last book in the series, but I've adored the whole ride. The whole crazy, staying up all night ride. I'm really happy to have finally found a series set in Melbourne, ad actually living
Misti
Mystery with a bit of romance is my very favorite type of story so this series got its hooks deep into me right from the start. The whole series is just plain awesome and I think this was a great finale.

I was a little anxious at the beginning because the story takes a backseat to some angst and drama, however I do like that Rachel's PTSD was not glossed over. Once the mystery comes into play, the story takes off and Ellie Marney does not pull her punches. Lots of things happen in this book. Big,
Hallie
Mar 21, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ordered
[with huge apologies to Katie] I loved the first one, which among other things, had one of the funniest and best kissing scenes ever, liked the second, though it went too far for me in the direction of teens unrealistically excelling at crime-solving, but this... Not only was there no reason for a love-triangle at this point, but Mycroft got to be so bad that I actually might have rooted for the new guy, Harris, more than for him. His barrelling into the dance and punching Harris was only part o ...more
Steph
Sorry, unable to suspend my disbelieve that much.

I do find it interesting that lots of the complaints about the book here are about the "love triangle" though. Ironically, that was the most believable part of the story for me (and generally I am not a fan of them by any stretch of the imagination!). I think it was great to read a story where a teenage girl is confused about her relationship. Her boyfriend keeps locking her out of what is going on in his head, meanwhile he has unlocked all these
Rebecca
Series aren’t always the most streamlined books to read (at least for me), and I can imagine they’d be a heck of a lot harder to write. But boy, does Ellie Marney make it look easy, with her effortless storytelling, crackling characters and thrilling story lines that make this series so damn readable. With everything she'd been through in Every Word, I thought it was important Rachel's PTSD was addressed and wasn't pushed to the sidelines for the sake of action and thrills, although there's stil ...more
ReadLikeWildFire ReadLikeWildFire
My god my god my god I am dead because all the feels and I LOVE this series. I FRIKEN LOVE IT.

What I love:
-everything
- Mycroft that babe of a thing
- the fact that Ellie's characters are REAL. Like spoiler alert but when Rachel falls while running away and how when the frock frack its in an awkward realistic but super cute way and how Rachel accidentally shoots the boy toy because she misjudged the shot and look at all these flaws that are so refreshing and realistic oh my god I am fangirling to
Sandra
Sep 22, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Want it NOW!! March is to far away. I just read a blurb where it mentions a tragedy - please don't let anything happen to Mike.

Very enjoyable but not as good as the other 2 in the series. I liked how both Rachel & James where obviously negatively impacted by what happened in London and had to work through the after effects. I also enjoyed Harrison's role. I just thought the reasoning behind the climax and their decision to confront the bad guy without involving the police was pretty unbelie
Sam
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
I took my time reading this because I didn't want it to end. I wanted to savour it as much as possible.
Such an amazing series, that I highly recommend everyone should read. Can't wait to see what Ellie writes next!!
Emmaly
Jun 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Omg Ellie I loved this so much such a great end to the series. This is truly one series I am sad to finish, I have loved it so much. This one is even more special set in both city and country Victoria, both places dear to my heart. The writing was perfect I could smell the country air, feel the frosty cold and hear the silence of the farm. And if anyone asked me if I liked mystery/crime novels 2 years ago I would have laughed, but this series has definitely made me want to read more. Or at least ...more
Joy Ashwell Callaway
I can't believe I've finished this book and series!! It is so saddening! :( I love the Every series so much! Rachel and James are so good and cute together. But I do kinda like the idea of of Harris and Rachel.
Another thing that I like about these books is that they based in Australia and I actually know the places that they are talking about. (Although Every Word is based mostly in London which I also love.) And kinda the jokes and they way they talk is relatable too!

You should definitely get
Hi there, and thanks for stopping by!

I live in country Victoria, Australia, where the sky is very big and the internet is way-hazy. I have four gorgeous sons and a very patient husband.

My first YA romantic crime trilogy, the Every series - Every Breath, Every Word and Every Move - was followed by the companion novel No Limits in August 2017, in the same year Begin End Begin came out. In 2018, Wh

Every (5 books)
  • Every Breath (Every, #1)
  • Every Word (Every, #2)
  • No Limits
  • Missing Persons: A #LoveOzYA Short Story
“I don't believe. I hope. There's no knowing, is there? Only anticipation.” 7 likes