Start by marking “Haunted by the King of Death (Eternal Mates, #11)” as Want to Read:
Haunted by the King of Death (Eternal Mates, #11)

Haunted by the King of Death

(Eternal Mates #11)

A ruthless vampire warrior, Grave Van der Garde rules the mercenary Preux Chevaliers with an iron fist, determined to retain his hard-won position as one of the most powerful men in Hell and his reputation as the heartless King of Death. But beneath the cold façade beats the heart of a vampire torn between love and hate, ripped in two directions by a single ethereally ...more
Published July 30th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Haunted by the King of Death, please sign up.
Felicity Heaton A few familiar faces from Claimed by a Demon King will pop up, together with some other characters we have met in the series and also in my Vampire…moreA few familiar faces from Claimed by a Demon King will pop up, together with some other characters we have met in the series and also in my Vampire Erotic Theatre series.(less)

Start your review of Haunted by the King of Death (Eternal Mates, #11)
Marta Cox
Jul 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Well book eleven and I'm still absolutely amazed at this authors imaginative and indeed original ideas. Yes I've always been a fan of her world building but with this story quite frankly she has outdone herself because not only do we get a rough , tough hero who is matched by a heroine who is so in control of her formidable powers it's almost unreal but old favourites appear. If you have read the Vampire Erotic Theatre series then you are in for a treat but to say exactly why might spoil the fun ...more
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Jun 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads.

Up until this point, Felicity Heaton’s ETERNAL MATES series has been all about her characters “finding” their one-true-pairing, but HAUNTED BY THE KING OF DEATH approached that goal a bit differently by featuring an already bonded couple that wants absolutely nothing to do with each other. Fate of course has other plans, and Grave & Isla are forced to work together or face deadly consequences.

Having not read the six VAMPIRE EROTIC THEATRE volumes, I wasn’t able to
Unlike the previous couples in this series Isla and Grave are already mated but a series of misunderstandings and betrayals have turned them into bitter enemies and neither of them has any intention of forgiving the other. They have spent the last 100 years apart and that time has just allowed their resentment and anger to grow so it's fair to say that this couple have major issues to deal with. Unfortunately for them they can't avoid each other forever, there has been a nasty side effect to a ...more
Brandee (un)Conventional Bookworms
It is quite a feat to carry a series to 11 books and keep it entertaining and engaging. Heaton has certainly accomplished that feat. Not only was Haunted by the King of Death entertaining but she managed to keep me captivated with Grave and Isla's story...so captivated I didn't miss my favorite characters from previous installments. That is something I didn't think possible!

Grave has always intrigued me. He's a vampire for one thing. But he's also an enigma. I've been eager for his story for
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)

Wow! Heartbreaking! Emotional!

Ms. Heaton never has a dull moment when it comes to her books and this one is no exception. Haunted by the King of Death will pull at your heartstrings and take you on an emotional journey.

Previously we have seen the “finding of mates”, but Haunted by the King of Death brings us a new element. Here we have a couple that is already mated, but it’s not the Happily Ever After.

I was taken on an emotional rollercoaster ride and I suggest having tissues handy. Their
Petula
Jul 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Vampire Grave Van der Garde has a reputation in Hell as the King of Death. He is in charge of a ruthless mercenary army. He has used his inherited blood lust gene to make him even more dangerous in battle. Unfortunately he is also suffering because a hundred years ago a female bonded with him but then left him. The side effects have been painful and annoying but now a much more serious one is starting. He is disappearing .
Isla is a phantom. She used a spell to trick the vampire who killed her
EndlessReading
Jun 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another great & FAN-FRICKING-TASTIC addition to the "Eternal Mates" series

I'm amazed at Heatons' imaginative and original ideas when it comes to her stories. She also manages to entwine characters of her from another series "Vampire Erotic Theatre" which I think I may have to start reading to get to know more of the characters in them.

Grave Van der Garde - Ruthless Vampire and head of the mercenary -Preux Chevaliers, this van is the definition of a wild, animalisitc, blood-lusted vampire
Kelly
Jul 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Isla and Grave have a few issues they need to work out. More than a few, actually. There's the whole betrayal and doom thing. And the fact that they're both so caught up in what the other did that they don't have much time for talking amidst all the brooding and scowling. Oh, and then there's the demon determined to make both their lives a living hell because of what Grave did to him in the past.

BAGGAGE, THY NAME IS ISLA AND GRAVE!

All kidding aside, this is another kick-ass entry into the
T.M. Payne
Jul 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Book: Haunted by the King of Death (Eternal Mates #11)
Author: Felicity Heaton
Publication Date: 7/30/2016
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne- Book Nook Nuts
My Rating: 5 Stars

REVIEW
I have enjoyed every book thus far in this series and wow what a story this one is.
Best one yet hands down.
We met this couple in a previous book but now they get their own. Isla did something she knew would eventually have dire consequences and now she has lost so much because of it. Grave is one mean vampire but he is now
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
Another enchanting story that took me on a rollercoaster of emotions till the very end. I wish I had discovered this series sooner. It's absolutely amazing! I love the different characters and the struggles that are presented in each book for them to overcome. The journey that each character takes is unique and entertaining.
This book had it all for me the dark raw emotions, the nonstop action and the breathtaking romance. I can't wait to read more books in this series!
I received a free copy in
Jacque
Jul 13, 2016 rated it liked it
As to be expected, Ms. Heaton has done it again with Haunted by the King of Death. It’s never a dull moment when it comes to her books and in her latest entry, you have a ruthless vampire warrior and a phantom getting a second chance at love if their pasts don’t get to them first.

Oh Isla, what have you done! Getting revenge on the vampire who killed your sister’s mate seems to have backfired on you. You fell in love with him yet you made him a Phantom. Grave, you I give permission to be pissed
Claire
Jul 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've been eagerly awaiting this book. I've loved the books so far in this series and couldn't wait for this one. I wasn't disappointed and super enjoyed this.

This story follows Grave (Lord Van Der Garde), powerful vampire, cousin to Snow and Antoine from the V.E.T. series, and all around pretty dark character, and his destined mate, the phantom Isla. They have a pretty complicated past and they are both now suffering the consequences.

I loved reading their story and finding out more about them
Lynn Worton
Jul 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the eleventh book in the Eternal Mates series. I loved it!

Isla is a likable character. She was first introduced to the reader in the ninth book, Possessed by a Dark Warrior as Queen Melia's advisor though she is her sister. She also happens to be a phantom who has taken a solid form in order to avenge the death of her sister's husband. However, it doesn't exactly go to plan and she ended up falling for Grave. After breaking her own heart she had her revenge, but things are not that easy
Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)
I have been a fan of this awesome and engaging series from the start. I have enjoyed all the books thus far and this installment was no different. This is the eleventh book in the series, and it’s my belief that it has more to offer. There are other characters who I believe are clamouring to have their story told. If I were to choose which of the books were my favourite, I would have to say without a doubt that Haunted by the King of Death is my number one choice.

This installment took a
Tracy
Mar 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love this series..... Haunted by the King of Death is another great read (and what do you know.... after not being a fan of Grave I adored him as our hero - this was FH's writing and story-telling at its best!!!!)

We've met the dark, sullen vampire hero of this book previously in the series and while we knew he hated females we really had no idea of exactly why... Enter Isla, a phantom who is the mate of the King of Death except in this case, instead of being delighted that they are mated,
Sportochick
Jul 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing concept.... a phantom! I loved Isla and her sister's phantom abilities. It is a welcomed changed to the traditional paranormal types.

Isla makes a mistake - one she can't take back and I felt all her pain while desperately wanting her to find peace with herself and where her life was going. The author does an amazing job of infusing the reader with her pain as if it were their own.

Anger so much anger, the reader will be able to feel it rolling off Grave and it has the effect of
Tracey
May 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-copy, pnr, vampire
Another installment in F Heatons Eternal Mates series - happy days.

This book is all about Grave, he has appeared in other books as the slightly grumpy vampire. Grave lives to fight, he has no other life since he was hurt by a woman, Isla.

Isla is a phantom, she should have no permanent form other than if she chooses to mate with someone a who is solid. Isla was solid but of late she's losing her form, that wouldn't be a problem but it appears she's in more danger than she first thought.

Grave and
⏃ : ✦ villainous_reads ⏃ : ✦
Felicity's stories honestly blow my breath away. Her imagination and bringing these mystical creatures to life brings me just happiness. I am a huge pnr nerd and I have read Felicity's novels when she released her first novel in the Eternal Mates series. The storylines she comes up with are pure genius!

So in Haunted by the King Of Death we have Grave who is the leader of the Preux Chevaliers and did I mention a ruthless vampire! He ends up meeting a young women named Isla and falls madly in
Daria
Jul 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
From the first book in this series to the now book eleven, Felicity Heaton shares her wonderful talent in story writing. Hunted by the King of Death no one has the control as the sexy no-nonsense Grave and for him it was all about the coin he gets for his services. He not only oozed sexiness but this darkness that stayed just near the surface.

Revenge they say is best-served cold, Isla knows all about love she’s seen it up close and she knows all about the pain of losing love. She plans her sweet
Gucci 35
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Stars

Hunted by the King of Death is one of my favorite stories from this series. This is Grave and Isla's story it is not pretty because can be revenge an evil thing. If you have been reading Heaton's Eternal Mates or her Vampire Erotic Theater Series then you have heard of Grave the fearless leader of the Vampire's the Preux Chevaliers first Legion. He has always been looked as this evil Vampire with no remorse or regrets. We get the real Grave in Haunted, it's not what I was expecting. Grave
Georgina Parkin
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
I didn’t like this as much as others in the series, BUT I did really enjoy it, and I especially enjoyed some new species.

This book had lots of drama, but there was also a bit of anguish, humour and I think it really worked. It was nice to see characters from other series (even when I only read one book in the series but I still knew who the main people were) and it was nice hat you didn’t really need to have read those books for this to all make sense.

I think the Demon Prince stuff was a
Lisa
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Story continues with Grave & Isla

Part of their story was told in the last book, Possessed by a Dark Warrior aka Bleu’s book. But this where the meat of their story rests and finishes as these two resolve their ancient history. So much emotion but in a way confusion because Isla doesn’t state why she sought vengeance on Grave and she leaves Grave with anger, bitterness and heartache. Lots of anger. She has sentenced him to be a phantom only the real truth doesn’t hit her when they both start
GingerOrange
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Romance:3.5
Steaminess:3.5
Action/suspense:3.5
Overall:4

I enjoyed it!

The world building in this book was great. I love paranormal romances but never have a I read a book that blended so many different species together so well. The writing was also very descriptive which I like. The romance was a little slow between Grave and Isla. And I would have liked it a little darker. I think their love story unfolded a little too easy. But it was interesting in the end.

The action plot line was exciting
Mari's Struggle is Real
I absolutely loved this book. One of Felicity Heaton's best romance ever. I couldn't wait to read Grave's story ever since reading about him in Sable and Thorne's book. Some of the backstory that help in this book was so emotional I teared up. To understand why Isla did what she did and what happened as a result was heartbreaking. I read it and then read it again. I was truly captivated by everything happening in this book. I can't wait to read more.
Also it was great to catch up with everyone
Liz
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I took a bit of a break between book 10 and this one as I wanted to read the sort of prequel books (Vampire Erotique First) which took me while. I was also a little turned off by the betrayed and apart for a century story line as I don't really like books where the MCs are together then break up for whatever reason and then get back together. Anyways, I ended up loving this one, it was better than a few of the last books which I didn't rate as highly.
Nancy Bodie
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book!

This was another excellent addition of this well written and narrated series. Each book has had a action filled storyline. The characters are very well developed. I would recommend this book for an in depth escape, I feel you need to pay attention to the details to enjoy this authors complex stories. It was worth waiting for the audio version to release!
Theresa
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very Entertaining

This story of Grave & Isla finding their HEA together after a century apart was very entertaining. It was awesome to see the blood lustiest vampire relatively tamed!
Grace
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
Slightly disappointed. Was it the killing off of characters that I thought would get a HEA? Or maybe throwing in a few characters that I honestly don't remember reading about in the previous books? Not too sure but I'm not throwing in the towel on this series yet. :)
Kimi5564
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The best one
Kikinne69
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
captivating, beautifully written , love and action kinda book . Yet again the author did it again. .

• Jake (Immortals of New Orleans #8)
  • Frost and Flame (Gods of War, #2)
  • Edge of Darkness (Hunter Legacy, #3)
  • Provoked (Dark Protectors, #5)
  • Dangerous Secrets (Callaghan Brothers, #1)
  • Break the Day (Midnight Breed, #16)
  • Quintus (Immortals of New Orleans, #9)
  • Reaper (Demonica Underworld, #9; Demonica, #19)
  • Consumed (Dark Protectors, #4)
  • Shadowed (Dark Protectors, #6)
  • Hunted (Dark Protectors, #3)
  • Azagoth (Demonica Underworld #1; Lords of Deliverance #5.5; Demonica #11; 1001 Dark Nights #6)
  • Hunter (Immortals of New Orleans #10)
  • Hades (Demonica Underworld #2; Lords of Deliverance #6.5; Demonica #13; 1001 Dark Nights #19)
  • To Love a Wolf (SWAT #4)
  • Claimed (Dark Protectors, #2)
  • Tempted by Fire (Dragons of Bloodfire, #1)
  • All Kitten Aside (Paranormal Dating Agency, #11)
Felicity Heaton is a New York Times, USA Today and international best-selling author writing passionate paranormal romance books. In her books she creates detailed worlds, twisting plots, mind-blowing action, intense emotion and heart-stopping romances with leading men that vary from dark deadly vampires to sexy shape-shifters and wicked werewolves, to sinful angels and hot demons!

If you're a fan

Eternal Mates (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Kissed by a Dark Prince (Eternal Mates, #1)
  • Claimed by a Demon King (Eternal Mates, #2)
  • Tempted by a Rogue Prince (Eternal Mates, #3)
  • Hunted by a Jaguar (Eternal Mates, #4)
  • Craved by an Alpha (Eternal Mates, #5)
  • Bitten by a Hellcat (Eternal Mates, #6)
  • Taken by a Dragon (Eternal Mates, #7)
  • Marked by an Assassin (Eternal Mates, #8)
  • Possessed by a Dark Warrior (Eternal Mates, #9)
  • Awakened by a Demoness (Eternal Mates, #10)