Start by marking “Possessed by a Dark Warrior (Eternal Mates, #9)” as Want to Read:
Possessed by a Dark Warrior (Eternal Mates, #9)

Possessed by a Dark Warrior

(Eternal Mates #9)

453 pages
Published April 9th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Possessed by a Dark Warrior, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Possessed by a Dark Warrior

Marta Cox
Apr 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-reviews
Well it's finally here, Bleu's story and it feels like I've been waiting for this book for so long. To say he has been a force to be reckoned with is simply not enough and yes knowing that the author had big plans for him saw me through a tense wait. Oh and when I say big I mean big because Bleu's fated mate is a dragon! We glimpsed Taryn when Bleu rescued the captured female elves from a black market slave market in Bitten by a Hellcat and it was obvious this was going to be one hell of a chase ...more
Melanie
Feb 19, 2016 rated it liked it

Bleu's story is one that everyone has been waiting for since the first book in the Eternal Mates series. He has been a favorite character for most readers. Finally with the ninth installment, we get his story. However, for me, it was a wait that wasn't up to the task. I think the build up has this installment falling a little flat.

Bleu and his mate Taryn actually met centuries ago. They just didn't realize that they were mates. Taryn's twin brother had stolen a powerful sword from the e
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Feb 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads.

Bleu’s story has been a long time in coming, and I’ve been psyching myself up for POSSESSED BY A DARK WARRIOR for what seems like ages which unfortunately caused the reality to not quite live up to the three years of self-imposed hype. The hero’s been unknowingly chasing after his mate for seven centuries, and that was definitely fitting as were the inescapable eating-his-own-words moments, but the romance needed more pizzazz in order to compete with some of this series’
Jo
Mar 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-5-stars, gr2016
“I am tired of fighting this… are you not tired too? We were made for each other. I honestly feel that… two halves of one soul… two hearts that were always meant to be together… that were created to complete each other.”

After escaping her captivity, Taryn tries again to right the wrong she failed at seven centuries ago when her brother stole Prince Loren’s powerful sword. She needs to stop her brother, who has been corrupted by power, and killing everyone in his path. He will stop at nothing

*Flora*
If you are interested, you can read my full review on my WordPress blog, Flora's Musings...

...so, what did I like about it?
I am already a big fan of Ms Heaton’s Eternal Mates series and love her writing style! Her world building is amazing; it is her mix of fantasy and reality that captures my attention right from the start. Her characters are never black or white, good or evil but a complex mix of positive and negative traits and emotions which they either have to embrace or overcome; Bleu and
Petula
Mar 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic, all action paranormal romance from the Eternal Mates series. You could easily read this as a stand alone, but it does mention other couples from previous books so might spoil them for you.
Bleu is an Elf warrior commander, whose job is to protect the Elf kingdom. There is a powerful, magical sword that was stolen many years ago by a dragon. Now Bleu has spotted the dragon and is determined to track her down and retrieve the dangerous artifact.
Taryn is a dragon, and she has ju
Jacque
Apr 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Knowing that Bleu gets his own book, I could not wait to get my hands on Possessed by a Dark Warrior. I’m sure there quite a few fans of author Felicity Heaton who were chomping at the bit for Bleu’s story. And just in case you’re wondering if I was disappointed? Oh heck no! Bleu’s HEA was everything I could hope for. Come on folks, he ends up with a DRAGON! How cool is that!

Watching him get more and more sullen as everyone around him finds their life mates, even Vail, yeah things just didn’t se
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
~ 2 Possessed Stars ~

Possessed by a Dark Warrior is book nine in the Eternal Mates series by Felicity Heaton.

I would recommend reading at least the first three books, Kissed by a Dark Prince, Claimed by a Demon King, & Tempted by a Rogue Prince if not the whole series in order; before this novel. Bleu, our hero, plays important parts in the previous novels. He captured my heart from the moment he appeared on the pages. His story has been a long time coming and I’ve been psyched for his nove
Stephanie  G
Apr 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Blue is a powerful warrior and commander of the dark elf legions and when an elusive female dragon resurfaces he gladly returns to his hunt for her and the deadly blade she stole but as he closes in, fate reveals she is far more than his enemy in this breathtaking paranormal romance.

After escaping her life as a slave, Taryn sets her sights back on the task she began seven hundred years ago, but everything has changed and the reader can’t help but get caught up in this breathtaking tale as fate r
Liv
Nov 18, 2016 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: no one really, I'm disappointed
Amanda Masters
This book was given to me by the Author In Exchange For an Honest Review.

This book was amazing! just like all the books in this series Felicity brings this one in with a bang! I was so looking forward to Bleu's story as he has been such a constant throughout all the books. I really loved the character of Taryn she really intrigued me in the previous story and I liked getting to see all of her different facets in this one. The coming together of the two of them was played brilliantly and in true
Tracy
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Eternal Mates books are one of my favourite PNR series. When it came to Bleu & Taryn's story what could have been better than a kinda broken hero and a dragon shifter heroine - not much in my book, that's for sure!!

Possessed by a Dark Warrior had a slightly different feel than the rest of the series. It had all that we have come to expect from Felicity - action, adventure, assorted paranormal species, battles (both physical and of the heart!), heat, passion, tons of sexual attraction an
Laurie Garrison
May 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
3 1/2

Felicity Heaton never disappoints when it comes to creating a paranormal world and characters that a reader can truly fall in love with.

The story is very good and I enjoyed both Bleu and Taryn as a couple, I just had a few issues I myself couldn’t believe. Taryn is several centuries old and she is still a virgin and let’s not forget the fact she was also a slave by six different owners during this time. I’m sorry I just couldn’t fathom how she could still be a virgin after all of the time
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
This was the first book that I read in this series and I'm so glad I did. I've always wanted to read this series and after this book I'll have to go back and read the others.
This story focused on Bleu a sexy elven warrior and Taryn a sexy fierce dragoness. I loved the tension and passion between them. It was hot, sexy and intense.
I loved how the story played out and how they came together. This book had everything I was looking for action, suspense, and romance. I look forward to reading more
Elz
Dec 02, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: really-shitty
This has got to be the worst book in the Eternal Mates series. After the long wait for Bleu's story, I had hoped his mate would be somebody kickass like Sable. It was so disappointing to learn that he was actually an insecure mess inside, and that his mate Taryn was a such a weakling. The many pages of irrational possessiveness and ridiculous growling was completely over the top, repetitive and tiresome. On the whole, this book was boring and a complete waste of time.
Mindy
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
What a phenomenal addition to the Eternal Mates series. Bleu has been my favorite since the first book and I can't tell you how thrilled I am that he finally found his forever female. The balance he found with Taryn is perfect. They both compliment each other so well, like they were made for each other (just kidding). The battle and heartaches they have both had to face and overcome are monumental.

Taryn is a dragon shifter who has been on the run for a crime she didn't commit for the last 700 y
Lucy Dosch
Mar 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Bleu is the right-hand man to Prince Loren (Kissed by a Dark Prince). But since his Prince has found his eternal mate, Olivia, Bleu finds that most of the duties which took up his day such as acting as counsel to the Prince, have been usurped by the new Princess. There is one task that Bleu was has never been able to complete and that is recovering the Elven Sword stolen by the dragoness over 700 years ago. He found her once and almost lost his life. He has the scars across his neck to prove it. ...more
Lucy Dosch
Apr 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lisa
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Long awaited

Having read this series from its beginning, my curiosity has been piqued about stoic Commander Bleu of Prince Loren’s army. Knowing that our author loves subjecting her male characters with trouble, each story has each male or female character finding their fated mate. Reading these books in order does provide a chronological timeline.

And our dear Commander- it has finally become his turn for love. We get glimpses of dragon Taryn in previous stories as she has been enslaved for over
Brenda
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Definitely recommend the book of Bleu and Taryn... the audio is very well done. I prefer hearing while at work but when I am home I enjoy reading along. Anyways, great story by felicity of Bleu I had always wondered if he was going to get a fated mate. How unexpected and the denial he was in. Bleu chasing a dragon for 7 centuries to retrieve back what was stolen from the elves kingdom and Taryn running away and towards the least person she wanted to go to but had a mission to end it. I love it w ...more
Hart's Reader Group
This was so drawn out and boring... There was no levity, the secondary characters--even ones we've met as H/h in other books, were all flat. The story was so internal monologue and back story heavy that there wasn't room for much dialogue. There were entire scenes played out in a character's head; no talking, to discussion, just one-sided, "whoa-is-me" heavy thoughts.

The best parts of the whole book were the sex scenes, and even those were drawn out and angsty. It was like five pages of preparin
Nancy Bodie
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

I really enjoyed this well written book. The storyline grabs you from the first page and you can't help but keep listening/reading to find out where this author is going to take us. I have enjoyed this entire series and couldn't wait to read/ listen to Bleu's Story! I love that they are offered in audio format and even though I purchased the ebook on release day I have waited to enjoy for the audio to release as this truly brings these characters to life for me! Highly recommend!
Jacquelyn Schreck
Jul 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Plot: 2.5 (I really wasn't feeling this plot. I usually read books in 1 day, but this took me about 5. Taryn and Bleu don't even really officially meet until chapter 16. Almost 50% into the book, as there are 38 chapters. This isn't the only thing I wasn't a huge fan of though. I just wasn't into the stolen sword and the evil brother that needed to be defeated thing. I don't know. I WAS happy Bleu finally got his HEA.)

Relationship: 4.5
Characters: 4.25
Ending: 4
Total: 3.5
Athena
Jan 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: shifter-romance
This plot doesn’t make sense. If she was going to kill her brother, the most logical plan would have been to do it by surprise at first meeting when he didn’t know she had the blade. After that, the next most logical option would have been drugging him and killing him while he was unconscious or weak. For that matter, given the dragons in other books, it seems unlikely the other dragons would have gone enmasse to kill him for revenge earlier.
Sandy Morris
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome.

I've picked the series back up . And I'm enjoying the new installments . This is by far my favorite . Super steamy , passionate, friendships, redemption, and love.
Great book
Theresa
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Series Going Strong

I really liked that Bleu finally got his true mate! He's always so strong, it was nice to see him get weak in the knees for his little dragon. This series never disappoints & is still going strong!
Taisha
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love all of Felicity Heaton's books. I truly love Bleu as a character and enjoyed his journey to find his mate. Great book!
Jean
Nov 03, 2018 rated it liked it

Just Meh...

I was expecting more from Bleu's story and I was a bit let down.

I didn't feel the connection between the two main leads.. certain parts were good but the others were just ok.
Tirenia
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
LOVED IT!!!
Sandy S
Apr 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.75 --stars

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date April 9, 2016

A powerful warrior and commander of the dark elf legions, Bleu is a loyal and devoted male, and one who has never failed in anything—except one thing. Love. When an elusive female dragon shifter surfaces in Hell again, giving him a mission to hurl himself into, he gladly returns to his hunt for her and the deadly blade she stole from his prince seven centuries ago, but as he closes in on his prey, fate reveals she is far more than his enemy.

H
« previous 1 3 next »

• Earth's Blood (Earth Reclaimed, #2)
  • The Werewolf Ranger (Moonbound, #3)
  • The Werewolf Bodyguard (Moonbound, #2)
  • My Warrior Fae (Aaron's Kiss, #9)
  • Dragon Knight's Medallion (Order of the Dragon Knights, #2)
  • Bear Biker Love
  • The Mistress and the Hellhound (Mistress of the City, #4)
  • No Kitten Around (Magical Romantic Comedies, #5)
  • He's So Fine
  • Spring Fever: Shifters in Love
  • Act of Command (Immortal Ops: PSI-Ops, #4)
  • Predator's Serenade (Gemini Island Shifters, #2)
  • Blood of an Ancient (Beri O'Dell, #2)
  • Make Me Whole
  • On Wicked Ground (Solsti Prophecy #4)
Felicity Heaton is a New York Times, USA Today and international best-selling author writing passionate paranormal romance books. In her books she creates detailed worlds, twisting plots, mind-blowing action, intense emotion and heart-stopping romances with leading men that vary from dark deadly vampires to sexy shape-shifters and wicked werewolves, to sinful angels and hot demons!

If you're a fan

Eternal Mates (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Kissed by a Dark Prince (Eternal Mates, #1)
  • Claimed by a Demon King (Eternal Mates, #2)
  • Tempted by a Rogue Prince (Eternal Mates, #3)
  • Hunted by a Jaguar (Eternal Mates, #4)
  • Craved by an Alpha (Eternal Mates, #5)
  • Bitten by a Hellcat (Eternal Mates, #6)
  • Taken by a Dragon (Eternal Mates, #7)
  • Marked by an Assassin (Eternal Mates, #8)
  • Awakened by a Demoness (Eternal Mates, #10)
  • Haunted by the King of Death (Eternal Mates, #11)