Start by marking “When She Reigns (Fallen Isles, #3)” as Want to Read:
When She Reigns (Fallen Isles, #3)

When She Reigns

(Fallen Isles #3)

The First Dragon

The Great Abandonment has begun. Panic has seized the Fallen Isles, where no one knows which god will rise next. Mira Minkoba believes her dreams hold the secret to bringing an end to the destruction, but in order to save her people, she’ll have to find a legendary treasure: the bones of the first dragon.

The Last Hope

Mira’s desperate search l/>The
Published September 10th 2019 by Katherine Tegen Books

Jodi Meadows
Jan 11, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-i-wrote
Just turned in my pass pages!

It's a pretty good book, if I do say so myself.

PREORDER WHEN SHE REIGNS NOW
1. Preorder from your indie bookstore or retail site

- BONUS: Preorder a personalized & stamped copy from One More Page & receive an exclusive When She Reigns sticker from Hey Atlas Creative

2. Forward your receipt to Jodi

Christy
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing

The Great Abandonment could have been prevented. But it was not.

– When She Reigns

We’ve seen Mira and her found family go from the worst imprisonment in history to running for their lives and now we watch as their worlds crumble before their eyes. Their gods are abandoning them as the people have abandoned their commitments to protecting their world…and their dragons.

Dang, does it hurt.

Before She Ignites. As She Ascends. When She Reigns. There are n
Iris
Apr 03, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Everything about this cover and title is badass and I am a fan. (Look I'm not saying I'm only reading these because of the covers and the cute dragons, but I'm not denying it either.)
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
4.5 LaLa Stars

The ending was breathtaking and such an awesome way to end the series...even though, I would have liked to learn Altan's fate.

The author did a spectacular job of processing the right emotions of Mira and the struggles she had to go through.

I definitely did not think the story was going to end that way and I was pleasantly surprised with each twist in the story.
Sam Glasbrenner
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
4.5 stars!

My favorite thing about this book was that there were even more dragons! Before She Ignites was a pretty dragon light but they were more prominent in As She Ascends and even more so in When She Reigns. I enjoyed this series immensely and found each book to be better than the last. The Silent Code fascinated me throughout and Aaru is one of my favorite characters now.

Mira continues to grow as she discovers the purpose for her God-gift and the lies she was raised
Alice
Feb 03, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Bless this cover
Lauren
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WHEN SHE REIGNS is the final installment in Jodi Meadows’ FALLEN ISLES trilogy. Below are 5 my favorite things about this book, and the series overall:

1) Mira and the dragons – I looooovvvveee Mira’s connection to the dragons and how that manifests in this book. I want my own Lala!

2) Mira and Aaru – I adore their slow and sweet relationship and the way that they are always, always supportive of each other. Their relationship continues to build here in the most delicious way. N
Alexandra
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
GLORIOUS AMAZING AND I LOVED EVERY PAGE!
Review to come!
j.chestnut
Jul 06, 2019 marked it as to-read
this cover is GORGEOUS!
Debra Byrd
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
(I'll edit when the book releases, but I can't wait for everyone to read this, and to see the final product!)
jess  (bibliophilicjester)
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
I have so many emotions which is very overwhelming for this INTJ. I'll work on a review, but this was another obvious five stars, and I'm very stingy with my 5 star ratings. This book was stunning in every way. I just love how in this series, even when everything is the absolute worst, there's still so much hope. I could talk about this series forever. And I immediately want to reread this book. 🐉
Jenna
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Closer to 3.75. My biggest complaint about this novel is that it was slightly too long and dragged in parts. I still throughly enjoyed the series but I got bored towards the end and started feeling like the story needed to end.

This is a series I'd recommend to others and I'm glad I was able to pick it up.
Kara Swanson
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Such a fantastic story! This beautiful conclusion to the series continued to hold my breath as I raced to find out what happened.

I've loved seeing Mira's journey, and Aaru will forever be my favorite little silent child. <3

A stunning ending filled with all the beautiful strokes and well-developed world and DRAGONS that made the first books so good. If you enjoy dragons and intrigue and stakes, this is the story for you!
Cait Jacobs (Caitsbooks)
Check out this review (and more) over on my blog!

Quick Stats:
Overall:
3.5/5 Stars
Characters: 3/5
Setting: 3.5/5
Writing: 3.5/5
Plot and Themes: 3/5
Awesomeness Factor: 3/5
Review in a Nutshell: When She Reigns delivers on its promises of dragons, but at the cost of some of its other aspects. That said, I still enjoyed it.

“Hate cannot abide where many stand in love.”(This exact line is said a million times)

// Content Warning: Violence, Death, Torture (Mention), Panic Attacks, Anxiety, Animal Abuse, Animal Death, War Themes, Murder, Mental Illn/>///>“Hate/>Review/>Awesomeness/>Plot/>/>/>/>Quick
kylie
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars⭐⭐⭐⭐

This book was almost everything I was expecting! I anticipated the same wonderfully paced, rich writing that I was given before, the magnetic plot as before. I expected it to be, well, as good as the other two. But it just... fell flat in some areas. The plot felt as though it was being dragged through peanut butter, but the ending came at full speed. This may or may not make any sense, but I was content with the ending, though not satisfied. Is that at all logical? That's the only wa
Amy Braun
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
To date, this is one of my favourite Jodi Meadows stories, and one of my favourite book finales of 2019. This world and its lore are so richly crafted, I will genuinely miss it. I loved the way the author dove deep into the lore and power of dragons in ways I never imagined or expected. The writing is beautiful and flowing and had me on the edge of my seat during the adventure and action scenes.

The characters, both new and old, are complex and layered. I adored the side characters, e
Sabrina
Sep 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We have finally reached the end of Fallen Isles Trilogy and I have to say this was the best of the series. I'll admit I had moments in this series where I wasn't sure how I was feeling about the book, but then I would hit a point in each book and my faith was restored and I was eager to see what would happen to Mira and the rest of her friends. In the final book, When She Reigns, The Great Abandonment has begun and chaos and panic spread to the people of the Fallen Isles. Mira and her friends ar ...more
Jamie Coudeville
You know, authors should really start to add "previously on" parts in the beginning of their sequels. I read the previous book a year ago and could barely remember who any of these people were. This is why I try to avoid starting unfinished series these days, anyway...

This was a really enjoyable final chapter in this series. I'm not 100% sure I love how everything was resolved. But there was a lot of suspense. Overall a great ending to a great series.
Abby
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: dragon lovers
Recommended to Abby by: the first 2 in the trilogy
This book was everything I wanted the end of this trilogy to be. All the characters grow in realistic ways and I never saw the end coming, though I thought I did. So many threads were wrapped up and though I would love to spend more time in the Fallen Isles with Mira and company, I feel satisfied with this ending.
Kimberly D.
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The End of The Beginning

Guess you'll have to read to find out. Mira was never the strongest of heros. Her real strength, in my opinion, was in her ability to lean on and trust others even after betrayal and heartache. My favorite part is when she discusses forgiveness. My we all learn the gift of forgiveness.
Callie Randolph
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of the best finale books I have ever read!! This was everything I wanted and more from the story, the characters, and of course, the dragons. This tugged at my heartstrings in so many different ways and gave me a satisfying ending.
Hope McLendon
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was getting ready to quit this series because book 1 and 2 2here so hard to get thur. But the end of book two and the pace of this book made it worth it.
Bookish Addict
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a fantastic ending to the trilogy. The magical world of God, dragons and politics. The choices and sacrifices to save her people or her soul. A very thrilling and engaging read.
Kristen Coffin
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dragons
RTC
Angela Martinez
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Phenomenal.
Jessica
I love this series and these characters so much, and I couldn’t have asked for a better ending for them.
Garrett Olinde
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: waiting-3
Fairly good ending.
Stefanie
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Too Late. It‘s too late.

„The Great Abandonment could have been prevented.
But it was not.“

„One god had risen. Abandoned his people. Killed most of them, too.
Any island could be next.“

When She Reigns does not start well for our friends. The odds are stacked well against them, but they don‘t - can’t - give up hope.
Still hunted by the warriors for escaping prison (among other things), Mira and her friends set out on the quest to find the dragons that have
Brittany Schmidt
Sep 19, 2019
Caitlin
Sep 18, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Thornlight (Foxheart, #2)
  • Bone ​Crier’s Moon (Bone Grace, #1)
  • Vow of Thieves (Dance of Thieves, #2)
  • Tears of Frost (Heart of Thorns, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Sky (Untitled, #1)
  • The Half King (Untitled, #1)
  • The Dragon's Revenge (Transference #3)
  • War of the Bastards (Royal Bastards, #3)
  • Incendiary (Hollow Crown, #1)
  • Untitled (Impostors, #4)
  • Skyhunter
  • The Sky Weaver (Iskari, #3)
  • Nameless Queen
  • Set Fire to the Gods (Set Fire to the Gods, #1)
  • Igniting Darkness (Courting Darkness Duology, #2)
  • The Midnight Lie (The Midnight Lie, #1)
  • The Magnolia Sword: A Ballad of Mulan
  • Untitled (Mirage, #3)
I like books. Reading them, writing, and admiring them as my bookshelves begin to bow.

Yes, I will accept your friend request. I will probably not reply to private messages, though. If you want me to respond, please send an email. jodi.meadows at gmail dot com

Why are my ratings either five stars or none? I give five stars to books I'm enthusiastic about and

Fallen Isles (3 books)
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
  • As She Ascends (Fallen Isles, #2)