Start by marking “A Man Worth Knowing” as Want to Read:
A Man Worth Knowing

A Man Worth Knowing

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  31 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
Kate smelled a rat -- a big blond American one .

"Take it from me," Kate's boss told her sheepishly as he packed to leave London, "Van Fitzgerald is a man worth knowing." This after having advised Kate to avoid his American friend like the plague.

Kate supposed she should be grateful to Van for putting a stop to her boss's crude advances toward her, the insinuations that he'
Mass Market Paperback, Harlequin Presents #865, 187 pages
Published February 28th 1986 by Harlequin Books (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about A Man Worth Knowing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Man Worth Knowing

StMargarets
This was a cute story, with the plot being driven by misunderstandings and the secrets the heroine felt she had to conceal from the very smitten hero. Boogenhagen wrote a thorough plot description below, so I won't go into all the details. Suffice it to say, there's a lot going on and the action moves at a nice clip.

I really enjoyed all the 80's technological details, including the heroine's triumphant assembly of the computer and printer. (All those cables! And floppy disks - that she put in
boogenhagen
Feb 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Marianne
Apr 10, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5★s

A Man Worth Knowing is the fourth romance novel by British author, Alison Fraser. Kate Gregory desperately needed a job. Since her parents died, leaving Kate and her younger brother virtually penniless, she had been able to achieve only basic office skills, and Johnny’s schooling depended on her alone. Her current job was only temporary, but before Howard, her (rather sleazy) boss returned to America, he recommended her to a colleague. Only trouble was, that colleague turned out to be forme
EeeJay
Jun 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
Song for the story here. Rating 4.25
I think I'm fast becoming a fan of AF. Her strong h and H pull me into the story. The side characters are not too shabby either. She does angst very well. The only tiny bit of advise I'd give her would be to not put too many angsty moments in a single book but I guess it doesn't matter now cuz the book's been long written and read (1986, I think).
So...what does the story read like? You know when the H is super charming and the h is disillusioned and keeps put
Ashima
Feb 28, 2016
LLC
Jun 14, 2011
Hnnouna
rated it did not like it
Sep 15, 2016