Start by marking “Tough Luck” as Want to Read:
Tough Luck

Tough Luck

Even if it means we’re wantonly destroying our family . . . I can’t resist him.

I know it’s not right to pine for this man, but he’s the one wielding all the power, controlling my body with a single menacing look. He tells me I can be his dark little secret and I’m honestly having a hard time saying no.

I’m Izzabelle Spade, the good-girl librarian: organized, anti-social
Published January 12th 2016 by Black Widow Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Tough Luck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tough Luck

Start your review of Tough Luck
N.N. Light
Kobo banned this book... which made me want to read it. I mean, why did they ban it?

Izzabelle is a good girl librarian and on the night before her mother remarries, she dresses up and sneaks out of the house to celebrate her own birthday. She acts brazen even though she not like that in real life. When she enters the bar, a drop-dead gorgeous guy (Dustin) picks her up. They make out while drinking quite a bit. They're really into each other and he even takes her home. The next morning, they bot
Coco.V
Jan 27, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (1/27/2018)! 💝

Blurb:
Even if it means we’re wantonly destroying our family . . . I can’t resist him.

I’m Izzabelle Spade, the good-girl librarian: organized, anti-social, your average “by the book” kind of girl. Dustin Miller is off limits, with that na
Christa Simpson
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
*´¨✫)

¸.•´¸.•*´¨)✯ ¸.•*¨)

✮ (¸.•´✶ (¸.•` A steamy, forbidden romance that will make you blush and giggle.

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01A15B58Y

BN: www.barnesandnoble.com/w/tough-luck-c...

iBooks: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/toug...

Smashwords: www.smashwords.com/books/view/595467

Kobo: https://store.kobobooks.com/en-ca/ebo...

112415_0532_CoverReveal1.jpg

READERS: sign up here for special offers and exclusive news!
Melissa Crump
Nov 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a great read!!!! This is my first step brother romance book. I've read all of Christa's books and she still nails it every time! This story packed punches, provided humorous moments, and steamy scenes.

When you enjoy such a good read as this, you just wish the book kept going and never ended.
Luv2read
**Free today 1/25/2018 on Amazon**
Caroline F
Mar 18, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: female-pov, step
“No matter how right it feels when we’re together, it’s just wrong. Explaining our relationship would be a permanent disaster.”

Dustin and Izzabelle meet one evening in a nightclub. Izzy is celebrating her birthday solo and has broken out of her quiet librarian persona and dressed up as a little vixen. The drunken night ends up with Izzy waking up in Dustin’s bed the next morning….which also happens to be the guest bedroom at her mother’s house. Dustin is about to become to her new stepbrother.

Mignon Mykel
Jan 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was very much your stereotypical forbidden romance -- not that it was bad, not in the least bit. Needing a night of not being her typical self, Izzabelle finds herself at a bar, being eyed down by a gorgeous man. A drink and dance later, she goes home with him -- only to wake up in a room she recognizes.

The banter between Izzy and Dustin was extremely fun. I enjoyed the two of them together, even though Izzabelle was dumbly naive at times and extremely girly. I liked her strong moments, her
Tanya Vought
Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tough Luck is sassy, sexy, filled with laughable moments and amazing characters. It's unlike any step brother romance you've ever read before!

You will fall for Dusty and Izzy. Their attraction sizzles but will Izzy ever allow more to happen with her mouthwatering step brother?
Trust me when I say, you will devour this book and eat it up. You'll laugh out loud with Dusty and Rusty! Omg.. I wanted to smack and hug Rusty all at once! That man!
Dusty is a wonderful hardworking man.. And I enjoyed w
Amy Miller
Jan 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Izzabelle is a young lady. She is just her boring old librarian self. After one night of her mother forgetting about her birthday due to having a boyfriend/fiancé. She decides to be wicked and head out for a drink for herself. She changed her whole persona just to have a good time. While at the bar she meets a sexy man who happens to be transfixed by her as well. After a drunken night of lust she wakes up next to the stranger. What neither of them know is they are about to become joined in the o ...more
Christina Montminy
I really enjoyed this venture into a new story line of Christa's. This story was funny, smart & steamy, with a really hot alpha male lead & a cute & unpretentious heroine. The battle against feeling what they felt was strong but is it strong enough to keep them apart! I don't understand after reading this book why Kobo banded it from their list, there's really nothing wrong with it. There's no incest(no blood family relationship) & neither knew the other before their first meeting. I definitely ...more
Sep 29, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ku
2.5 stars. Quick read. Dustin manages to stay on the alpha-side, but the story dips too frequently into melodrama. I wanted more scenes from Dustin's perspective too. Not really sure how old the MCs are supposed to be. Kind of confused by the purpose of Dustin and Rusty's mom (at one point she has left/gone away, but then later she owns the local paper?). The relationship between Izzy and Rusty was cute, but kind of fell by the way side. The majority of the story takes place over a few weeks (th ...more
Shelley Matlack kinder
Feb 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Omg she has done it once again

I'm so in love with this book I couldn't put it down. Finished it in about 8 hours. Izzy and Dustin are the cutest couple ever. I kinda feel bad for poor Rusty. I think his story should be next. If you want a great read you can't put down this is the book for you.
Cori Williams
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I heart me a good step brother book and this one didn't disappoint! The attraction between Izzabelle and Dustin is electric and you'll be rooting for them until the end. I think if taboo isn't even your thing, you'll really enjoy this book!
Shari Sulser
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book!! Has a great story line to follow and the charters make you feel there emotion
J. Nathan
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read in one sitting. Couldn't put it down! So fun!
Toni
Dec 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good read

The plot and characters keep you guessing and yet wanting more. The taboo subject is another guessing game . good read.
Sheila Cuthrell
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tough luck

Wow this is a new author for me and I have to say I really enjoyed the book. The characters were well written. Can't wait to see what is next.
Eileen Dandashi
Oct 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
This read is not in my usual genre, nor have I read anything by this author. Nor did I heed the warning label about explicit adult situations. So with that…

It was an enjoyable plot, engaging my curiosity—hence why I kept on reading, even though I was outside my own personal comfort zone, particularly since the book was written in first person from Izzabelle and then Dustin’s point of view. I couldn’t distance myself from how she or he reacts because of it. That’s a good thing, because there are
Kristen Johnson
Tough Luck is the story of Dustin and Izzabelle, two people with an instant connection who discover too late that they are connected in other ways, namely their parents who are getting married.

At first this realization poses a huge problem and puts a halt to things on Izzabelle's part, but she finds she just can't stay away from Dustin and he won't let her. They find that being together proves a bit difficult though as they are from different worlds.

There is drama, trust issues, people who don'
Noel
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Honestly I felt so bad for Izzabelle, I mean her mother and her had a tradition and her mom blew it off for a new boyfriend, ragardless of the excuses!
The way she feels about loosing her mom to a guy is just so sad, and hits home hard I guess. And to top it off her mom just adds to it with her insults that she says to her.
I love\hate how she finds the courage or finds the need to have to sneek out at her age. She should be able to walk out the front door with no fear, not out the window!
Her birt
MJ Symmonds
Jan 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am on a total taboo romance kick right now & Tough Luck did not disappoint.
So what happens when good girl Izzabelle decides to head out on her own for her birthday at a bar. Lets say she never expected to wake up in the arms of a stranger, in a strange house that so happens to be her very own house?! You end up with one very confused heroine who's about to have her life & heart turned upside down.
What's the chances that the one girl Dustin sets his sights on ends up being the daughter of his s
Sarah Cone
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED IT!!

Christa once again totally delivers in 'Tough Luck'. It had me hooked from the very beginning til the very end with it's great storyline and characters that are relatable,likable and easy to care (and dream *wink,wink*)about.The writing is very well done,being the perfect mix of humor,conflict and SUPER HAWT swoontastic romance!
I enjoyed it so much that my only complaint is that (even though I was very satisfied with the conclusion) it ended way too soon! I loved the main AND supportin
Gwen Shafer
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is about a sister stepbrother love story. The two Izzabelle and Dustin meet in a bar the night before their parents get married. Of course neither one of them knows who each other is until the next morning. But once finding out what the truth is boy does it not stop them . Izzabelle is a strong headed stubborn book girl. But when she wants to take a leap to the wild side boy does she ever. Dustin is not your average boy next door. Nope he is rich but doesnt act like it but knows what he wan ...more
Maria York
Jan 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Izzabelle is in love with her step brother, Dustin, and she's fighting the attraction with everything she has! Her step father doesn't approve but they met before she knew that her mom was going be married to Dustins Dad! Everything comes to light when she wakes up next to him in her house! He doesn't realize it's her moms house until she runs out of the room!
Omg this book is crazy, these two have such an awesome connection that would make any woman's knees weak and the story line is heartwarmi
Lenna  Wright-Berry
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fell hard the first night

They fell hard for each other the first time they met, before they were step siblings. From club to wedding and then to being together full time. Her mother is free loving , his father like some control but not mean, but will have his say when his son's secret is revealed. All but one chapter was told from Izabelle's p.o.v, that one was in Dustin's view. Kept my attention throughout when shocking twists that will mess up their good times. Only thing I didn't like was Dus
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
* * ARC given on behalf of obsessed by books for an honest review * *

Dustin and Izabella are drawn together and good really have a great relationship, the only problem is thier parents are fixing to get married to each other, but Dustin doesn't see a problem but Izzabelle just can't, but will her need and want for Dustin surpass what she thinks is right and can Dustin prove to her they belong together no matter what. I loved it, definitely a must read.
Sophie Koufes
Oct 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tough Love is spectacular with sexy sassy characters. The story is very captivating with an intriging plot with twists that will keep you guessing. This book is sweet & spicy as it includes lies & deceptions. This is filled with laughter & written so not to be your typical step brother romance as it is unique & exequsite. I was sad to see it end because I fell in love with Izzy & Dustin. I loved the story & the character's. You don't want to miss out reading this awesome book. ...more
K.T. Castle
Oct 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great read

I liked the story from the beginning. The main character is someone that I find interesting and real. The way Izzy met Dustin made me feel the excitement it is to meet someone you really like. The situations in which she finds herself to make things work are highly entertaining. This is one if those books that catches all your attention and makes you forget about the world around you.
Jean Joseph
Oct 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A really good book

Izzabelle reminds me of myself. I'm shy and quiet also. She was used to going out for a drink with her mom on her birthday. She ends up going by herself all dressed up. She never expected to meet someone but she soon discovers who she's kissing. I laughed the whole way through the book :)
JoRae Andrews
Jan 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bestselling Author of erotic thrillers and steamy contemporary romances with a twist. My stories are loaded with passion, suspense and sarcasm, much like my life.

I'm a small town Canadian girl, living in Tilbury, Ontario, with my husband and two beautiful daughters. I'm known for writing the most captivating alpha men, and for my breezy, entertaining writing style. I'm an all or nothing kind of g