Start by marking “Clifton Chase and the Arrow of Light (Clifton Chase Adventures Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Clifton Chase and the Arrow of Light (Clifton Chase Adventures Book 1)

Clifton Chase and the Arrow of Light (Clifton Chase Adventures Book 1)

4.72  ·  Rating details ·  43 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Clifton Chase is the latest target for bully Ryan Rivales. But after he finds a mysterious arrow in his closet, he takes Ryan's bet to see who can hit the target. Ryan nails the bull's-eye, but Clifton's piece of junk arrow sails out of sight and when he finally finds it, something isn't right. Somehow, Clifton has been magically transported back to 1485 England, where he ...more
Published December 21st 2015 by JME Books (first published July 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Clifton Chase and the Arrow of Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clifton Chase and the Arrow of Light

Christine
Jul 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Clifton Chase and the Arrow of Light will charm adult readers as well as children. One does not have to be an avid fan of fantasy stories or historical fiction to be pulled into this medieval tale that entangles long forgotten princes with sea creatures and fire-breathing dragons.

The best part about this book is that Clifton is a witty character who is easy to identify with. His adventures, both present day and past, are believable and relatable. Clifton is clever, but good natured, which makes
Jolie
May 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was setting up to review Clifton Chase and the Arrow of Light and my 11-year-old happened to wander over and was looking over my shoulder. She was very excited after reading the blurb and begged me to buy the book for her once I was done reading it. I asked her what made her want to read it and she said “Mom, just read the blurb. A bullied boy gets transported back in time and help other bullied boys. Sounds like something I would love to read.”

I would have to agree with her about that. Clifto
ѦѺ™
Aug 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Adventure is not outside man; it is within.” - George Eliot

Clifton Chase's bet with Ryan Rivales goes awry. the old arrow he found in his closet failed to hit its mark. it did not help that Ava Harrington witnessed Clifton's humiliation. when he tracks down the arrow, Clifton suddenly finds himself transported to the 15th century!
author Jaimie M. Engle's debut novel sparkles with adventure, thrills and humor. there is never a dull moment from the first chapter to the last. it is well-written a
Ryan Gish
Jul 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Clifton is an exceptional read from debut novelist Jaimie Engle. I lean more toward adult fiction, but Clifton had me hooked from beginning to end. Mingling fantasy with history, Jaimie is able to weave an excellent tale of good versus evil, and she also succeeds in perfectly depicting the trials every boy faces just by growing up. I strongly recommend this for young readers, but adults will be pleasantly surprised with Jaimie Engle's storytelling.
Debbie Johnson
Jul 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Page turner from beginning to end! Clifton is such a realistic, like able character that I want to spend more time with him. I want to go along for his next adventure, which hopefully is soon!
↜ƈɦǟռ☂ɛℓℓɛ↝
★★★★Clifton Chase and the Arrow of Light by Jamie M. Engle

I received this book through LibraryThing Early Reads in exchange for my honest review.

Clifton Chase is a seventh grader who finds an old arrow in the closet. He tricks some people into believing it is an antique, but figures it's just junk. And sure enough when he has a bet with another student, the arrow don't fly straight.
When he goes to retrieve it, he is transported to another place and another time. That's when his adventure begin
Cheshire Cat
Aug 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The plot is interesting, and I think a 8-10 year old could read it. My son was intrigued and I enjoyed the storyline in short doses. The story part of the book is 295 pages long, the only pictures inside are at the top of chapter. There are no blank pages.

The book seems like it would be an easy book to just sit down and read from cover to cover. Other than names the vocabulary is not difficult and has a nice variety. I think the book has a good re-readability.

I think most children would enjoy th
Amy Boyington
Sep 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was provided with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review on my blog.

My 8 year old daughter and I read this book together and we both loved it. Engle's writing whisked us away into an adventurous fantasy tale and left us both wanting more! My daughter insists that it should be made into a movie because the plot is "just perfect" for it. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this and I am thrilled that my daughter loves this type of adventurous story.
Jan farnworth
This is a great adventure story that will be very well liked by young children around 8-10 years old. Clifton is a very likable character who gets to have a grand adventure in the year 1485. I liked how easy it was to fall into the adventure and discover all about how things are different in the past from the present day. A fun read that can be used in a classroom setting or just as a fun adventure to read with your children.
Renae
Sep 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My son read this book and he throughly enjoyed it. It is full of adventure, history, and imagination. Everything an 8 year old boy could want! He is actually reading through it for the second time already, even though it hasn't been that long since the first read.

It can be really difficult to get boys interested in books, but this one does a great job of grabbing the reader right off the bat.
Jason Irizarry
Jul 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was very easy to relate to Clifton Chase. I am looking forward to more adventures. It was also pretty cool to see some of the places I grew up in being written about. I think the best part of the writing was that each character felt like they had there own voice. I could hear them in my head plain as day.
Melissa
Jul 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-challenge
Loved this book! I couldn't put it down - read it in one day! When I first started it I wasn't sure about it since there was a lot of archery terms I did not know, but I just skipped over them and figured them out as I went. I look forward to reading more books from this author. (I was given this book in exchange for an honest review)
K (Karen)
Jul 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading this book, especially since some of the action takes place where I live! The author builds a bridge between current day and the past in an intriguing and entertaining way. While this is a middle-age read (in both its intended age group and one of its settings), I enjoyed learning how Clifton would resolve the issues raised. A fun read!
Veronica
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story. Well written. Unfortunately, I am 17 and did not enjoy it as much as I would have had I been younger. About 10ish.

Funny characters. My favorite character is Dan and liv.

I would recommend it to schools and to younger people under 17 and 16 and 15.

has a Wonderful ending...worth the read.
J.J. Tuite
Aug 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you have children or are a child at heart, I definitely recommend this book! This was written so well you will feel like you are actually there watching everything happen!
Indiebrag
We are proud to announce that CLIFTON CHASE AND THE ARROW OF LIGHT by Jaimie M. Engle is a B.R.A.G. Medallion Honoree. This tells a reader that this book is well worth their time and money!
Chris
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Clifton Chase is an average seventh grader with a greater than average talent with a bow, and the latest target for bully Ryan Rivales. When Clifton finds a dusty old wooden arrow in the back of his closet, he takes Ryan's bet to see who can hit a bullseye, the old junk arrow against a brand new compound bow.

Ryan nails the bullseye, but the junk arrow flies far wide of the target, sailing out of sight into the sandy dunes. When Clifton finds the arrow, he is shocked to find that it's glowing. Wh
Scott Stevens
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This isn't just a book for kids as it has great lessons for adults in it as well. Clifton Chase and the Arrow of Light will pull you right into a world filled with sea creatures and fire-breathing dragons.

The main character is easy to relate to and the things he gets involved with are believable and they take place in a good mixture of past and present. Great book!
Leslie Santamaria
Clifton Chase and the Arrow of Light is an exciting middle grade adventure with all the elements of a classic hero's journey. It mixes medieval history with fantasy and features a likable modern-day boy facing everyday challenges, including a bully, who is chosen by a mysterious arrow for a critical quest. Will he save the day, learn anything along the way, and bring home the elixir? It's worth reading to find out! The writing is good, especially the actions scenes and dialogue. I highly recomme ...more
CrimsonBird345
Oct 13, 2018
Feb 03, 2015
Want to Read My Book For Free? 1 2 Jul 08, 2014 02:46PM
  • Spellbound and Determined
  • Halls of Ivy (Halls of Ivy, #1)
  • Beowulf And The Monsters
  • Lola Goes to Work: A Nine-to-Five Therapy Dog
  • Corfe Castle (The Gilded Mirror #1)
  • The Last Strand
  • The Sword of Senack
  • The Demon's Wife
  • Protector (Anniversary of the Veil, Book 1)
  • Stubby Pencil Noodlehead
  • By Blood or By Bond (By Blood or By Bond)
  • Leaving Home (Persia Blues #1)
  • Collegium Sorcerorum: Thaddeus of Beewicke
  • Uncle John's The Enchanted Toilet Bathroom Reader for Kids Only!
  • Double Dip
  • Zeb and the Great Ruckus
  • Olive and the Big Secret
  • Peace
JAIMIE ENGLE is the author of dark thrillers for teens where magic turns ordinary into extraordinary. She weaves history, magic, and lore into her books, which take readers on wondrous adventures, though her passion is talking to kids about writing and social issues because words have power. She loves coffee, cosplay, and making Wick Books® candles inspired by scents from her novels and for other ...more
“The best part of having your dreams come true is you get to make new ones!” 1 likes