Start by marking “Star Dust (Force of Gravity, #1)” as Want to Read:
Star Dust (Force of Gravity, #1)

Star Dust

(Force of Gravity #1)

A case of mistaken identity triggers a reign of terror.

The night of her Tauri masque, Oriana meets a handsome stranger, but soon finds out he’s not whom she thought. Her innocent mistake sets off a course of action she never would have anticipated. When an unknown enemy attacks, Oriana’s world is all but destroyed forcing her to seek the help of a neighboring kingdom.

When
Paperback, 1, 362 pages
Published May 1st 2016 by Sapphire Press

Start your review of Star Dust (Force of Gravity, #1)
Lenore Kosinski
Apr 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc

3 stars -- I received a free copy in exchange for an honest and unbiased review/opinion.

This one just wasn't quite my cup of tea. I enjoyed the uniqueness of the setting and the world that Ms. Winters developed, but my bread and butter for stories is always characters, and I just wasn't enthralled with either Oriana or Lucian. I think I just tend to be more drawn to sassier heroines, and as such Oriana came across a bit drier to me... It was like I was mis
Alisha Webster
Apr 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: YA fans - or anyone
Shelves: favorites
Read this review and more at The Bohemian Housewife Blog

I have been in a funk for a few weeks. I just didn't want to read, at all. When I picked up this book, I was wondering how I was going to get it done with my recent snail-like reading pace. After a small amount of reading time, my son says 'Mom, I want lunch now please.' - What is this kid thinking? I just made him breakfast. NOPE. I didn't realize I had been reading so long...I look down and had just hit 50%! This book not only got me out
Shy
May 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, 2016-books

Wow! Once again Ali Winters created a world that is so unique I was left in awe of it. I have enjoyed going through the intergalactic adventure even though it was a bit tiring since it wasn’t a leisurely visit for Oriana.

To be honest, it started a bit slow for me so I didn’t expect much from it. But as I read along, I found myself getting pulled in deeper into the story. I love the setting. I love the characters and since it’s not unusual for me to get swa
Bob Platypire
May 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an HONEST review*

This. Was. AMAZING. I love science fiction in my books, and this one was threaded through with romance, mystery, suspense, intrigue, EVERYTHING! The characters or Oriana, Lucian, and Eric seemed to come to life the most for me, but really, all of the characters were so very well written.

I loved the form of travel between worlds, it was fun and scary all at once, and it's not something that I've seen a lot of or felt like it just
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
Wow! I absolutely loved this book. It was a fantastic otherworldly adventure that swept me off my feet and transported me to the stars!
From the first page I got sucked in and loved the journey each of the characters took. Orianna and Lucian were well developed and easy to like and root for. I loved the mystery, romance and tension with the characters and in the story.
It says book one so I'm hoping that there's more books in the works. After reading, there's still some questions that weren't an
Kristy Nicolle
May 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Star Dust by Ali Winters... where to begin with this... okay, so first of all i LOVE this book. I'm an English Literature graduate and I've read A LOT of stuff over the past 3 years, so much so that i haven't really picked up a book in the last six months because everything just seems like work to me. THIS DID NOT. This was the first book I've picked up in a long time that had my heart pounding in my chest and my pulse racing. The plot is beautifully executed and the concept is PHENOMENAL. This ...more
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon

*** 3.5 Cranky Stars ***

I am in two minds about this book. On the one hand, the book delivers an excellent story line. The strong female lead, Orianna, heir apparent to the planet of Soleil, with two handsome powerful men interested in her, Prince Lucien of Earth and Prince Caelan of Jupiter. She is attracted to one and betrothed to the other.

It is an interesting adventure/mission to quell an intergalactic coup. One man accompanies her on the adventure, while the other stays to take care of his
S.F. Benson
May 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Imagine if Cinderella lost a necklace instead of a shoe. And what if she were a strong girl and not someone afraid to take a risk? This is the setup of Ali Winters’ latest book, “Star Dust”. Don’t look for an evil stepmother, but there are evil characters. Prince Charming stumbles into his role.

I enjoyed Winters’ story. The plot intrigued me, but it was the characters which sold me on the book. I love strong, female characters. Oriana is the opinionated daughter of the King of Soleis, a fictitio
April Epley
May 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a surprisingly different book and I very much so enjoyed it!! Ali Winters did a wonderful job with the descriptions and writing that you could easily visualize the scenes. This was a fast paced book and once you start reading it stays with you until you finish. Good luck putting it down. I am giving this book 5 stars.
Princess Oriana is from the Kingdom of Soleis, one of the planets in the Inner Ring Alliance. This story starts out with Oriana coming upon her engagement party during th
CARLA

OMG look at this cover!?!?!?!?! Isn’t it georgeous? I’m not usually one for covers but Mrs. Winters has always had excellent taste in covers. This story was original and I was intrigued from the very beginning. The chemistry between Oriana and Lucian was playful and innocent. It felt very effortless as I read it. The only thinig that confused me were the inner/outer ring references. But that could just be me, I have been known to be a dense reader at times
Kristina
Jul 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*I received a copy of Star Dust in exchange for my honest review.*

I am in awe! I was hooked from the very first page! This was the first book I've ever read about an intergalactic universe! Ali did an amazing job creating a universe so cool you'd wish you were a part of any of the other planets!

Oriana was one heroic heroine! I really like how Ali managed to keep the Wow-factor coming, once you guessed or thought of what would happen next it turned into something more out of this world than the
Genieinachanelbottle
An Epic love story that Reaches Beyond the Stars! Ali Winters Weaves pure magic U feel like UR living the story with her characters Star Dust is absolutely breathtaking the perfect mix of out of this galaxy fairy tale romance mystery betrayal suspense laugh out loud fun and sci-fi adventure!
This amazing book needs to be made into a movie!!! The story kept My heart racing and a big goofy smile on my face never wanted it to end!!!

Oriana & Lucian are to die for an intergalactic Romeo & Juliet!!!!
Riley K.
May 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book right here is seriously amazing. Ali Winters rocked my little world with this story of Princess Oriana. She created a perfect story that unleashed her vivid imagination onto the reader. From the opening scene to the final word, I was hooked on this story. Just when I thought I had everything figured out, Winters threw a curveball at my head.
It has action, love, and plenty of suspense. More importantly it has a strong female character that comes into her own. The characters are perfect
Konstanz Silverbow
May 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Star Dust is imaginative, unique, and (forgive the pun) out of this world! Action packed, filled with emotion, and keeps you guessing. I laughed (my stomach still hurts), I cried (have tissues on hand), and I swooned. Ali is a fantastic author! I was completely pulled into this story. Once I started I couldn’t put it down until I finished!
Jamie
May 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
what an amazing start to this series. ali winters definitely delivers, and i cant wait for more. there was action, mystery and love all entwined together in one great package. if you love fantasy for those reasons, check out the book now!!!
Chandra Fry
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, sci-fi
I have become a huge fan of Ali Winters work. She is an amazing author. This book does not disappoint. It's everything you could want in a Sci-Fi Fantasy. I love the imagery and the characters are enjoyable. If you are ready to go on an adventure across the planets.... then this is a good read for you! ...more
Shayay
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved this! The writing really flowed beautifully, and the descriptions painted a vivid picture in my mind, creating a lush and interesting world. I love the whole premise of this book, and I loved that it had to do with the planets because I love Astronomy, and I find planets so cool! Oriana is Star Princess of the planet Soleis, and the book opens on her preparing for a masquerade party to celebrate her 100th year and to announce her arranged engagement to the Prince of Jupiter. Oriana hasn't ...more
Naturalbri (Bri Wignall)
May 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
After reading The Reapers, I was really keen to read another of Ali Winters' books. When Star Dust showed up on Goodreads, I was captured by both the cover and the blurb. I knew I had to read it and I expected it to be another brilliant book by Ali. I wasn't wrong. She genuinely outdid herself with this book. It was captivating, exciting and packed with brilliant detail.

I loved the world created. Winters paid attention to every detail, and explained them in such a way that it felt like an art.
Karyn
Apr 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This story is unlike any other that I have read. The author did an amazing job creating a believable fantasy world. In this story, every planet has a kingdom and those that live on each planet, have characteristics mimicking the details of their planet. She creates stunningly beautiful worlds.

Each planet was described in incredible detail and they were completely different from each other. I could envision each world clearly as if I had just landed on it.

The story had me laughing, crying, worryi
Books 2 Blog
May 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I've read by this author and I really enjoyed it! The fantasy/romance was a nice change from what I've been reading. It was refreshing reading about the different worlds the author created and I found I read through it fairly quickly as the storyline kept me engaged and intrigued. The description of the different worlds was done quite well. It wasn't overly done, and I felt like I could picture the worlds easily from the details.

I fell in love with Lucian and Oriana and t
Brooke
Jan 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ali Winter's story drew me in from the very beginning. I loved the concept of royalty on different planets and the interaction between these differing peoples. I had a hard time putting the book down because I was so intrigued by both the storyline and the characters. I also believe that this book is a great beginning to what could be a super interesting series consisting of stories about the royalty from the other planets. I cannot wait to see where Winters takes this concept in her later books ...more
Annie Lindwurm
May 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
The book was just released and I'm already done! I'm not big on regular romance but this is set amongst the stars and planets. It shows how a young princess who wants to be strong yet finds that she still had so much to learn. I found the way the author changed the princess well done and provide a touching ending. This is a beautiful clean YA. Ms. Winters descriptions made you see the planets you were on, the rooms you were in, the characters you were introduced to. This will be a series; but fr ...more
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Out of this world

Heart warming, heroic, goosebumps. So much about this story I love! I love that there is dancing, forbidden love and worlds saving adventure! I couldn't put it down! I read it in a day! I love Ali Winters! 💖
Mahwish
May 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Rating: 3.5 stars

Okay first of all, I absolutely adore the cover art for STAR DUST. If nothing else, this would have made me pick the book without even reading the back cover but fortunately I received in exchange of an honest unbiased review. Second, I love the adventure and the descriptions for each and everything ms. Winters has written. They vibrant and easy to understand and visualize without being boring. I could see all the planets through Orianna's eyes as she explores various planets i
Mandy
Jul 14, 2016 added it
Neeny Boucher
Star Dust by Ali Winters, 3 Stars
I read this book for the Twisted Book Curmudgeon and give it three cranky stars. It started off slowly and I have to say, I was a little confused. I checked to see if I had inadvertently picked up the second book in a series, but I hadn’t. I found the glossary of terms and the map at the back semi-helpful, but I think a little more world-building in the front would have given me a stronger framework to sink my teeth into.
Star Dust centers on Princess
Aubrey Porter
May 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not just a new world, but a new universe for readers to explore. Star Dust by Ali Winters, is the first novel in the Force of Gravity series. From the first page, I found it hard to tear myself away.
Oriana is the princess of Soleis, who with the help of Lucian – an Earthen prince- must find a way to save not only her planet, but the whole universe, clear Lucian’s name, and repair the reputation of Earth.
After an attack on her home planet, Oriana stumbles onto Earth where she meets with her unli
Promisary
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
* Note : I was given a free copy for review purposes. This does not influence my thoughts toward this book in any way, form, fashion, or thought. All words below this note are my own thoughts and opinions over this book. *

This. Was. Beyond. Amazing. BEYOND FREAKIN' AMAZING.
Ok, for anyone who knows me, they know that I am a HUGE junkie for well-created worlds, and this magical and beyond-the-stars universe created by Ms. Winters goes well and truly beyond my standard of “OMG I NEED MORE RIGHT M
Dreamcaster Alessa
A wonderful book!

In a society of order and correctness, Princess Oriana of planet Soleis has yet to find her place in the world. When her kingdom gets attacked overnight, she takes responsibility to find the source behind it, and joined by Prince Lucian, tries her best to restore peace.
Betrayal and hidden truths don't make her journey any easier but Oriana remains determined to stop the destruction and gives her all for her and her galaxy's safety.
As Oriana learns she holds the key to harmony
J.M.
Sherry
Merriedth

• Dear Bridget, I Want You
  • Woman of Silk and Stone
  • Just Drop Out (Hannaford Prep, #1)
  • Stolen By Them (Between Rebels #1; Planet Athion)
  • Aura
  • The Lost Savior (Alinthia #1)
  • Broken (Winchester Academy, #3)
  • Young Love
  • Chosen (Chosen, #1)
  • Thief (The Scarab Beetle, #1)
  • Coming of Age
  • Homebound
  • Navigating the Stars (Sentinels of the Galaxy #1)
  • Seducing Mrs. Robinson (A Bro Code Standalone)
  • What If It's Right?
  • Interim Goddess of Love (Interim Goddess of Love, #1)
  • Captive (Captive, #1)
  • Hunting Cari (First Wave, #1)
USA Today bestselling author Ali Winters was born and raised in the Pacific Northwest where she developed her love of nature, animals, and all things green.

For as long as she can remember, she’s been mesmerized by the extraordinary world of books and fantasy. There has never been a time when stories were not begging to be told, either by drawing, photography, or writing.

With encouragement from o