Start by marking “Pete the Cat: Snow Daze” as Want to Read:
Pete the Cat: Snow Daze

Pete the Cat: Snow Daze

(Pete the Cat: I Can Read!)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  403 ratings  ·  48 reviews
New York Times bestselling author and artist James Dean brings readers along for a fun, surprising, snowy adventure with Pete the Cat!

In Pete the Cat: Snow Daze, school is canceled, and Pete cannot wait to play in the snow with all his friends. Imagine a day filled with snowball fights, hot chocolate, snowcats, and more. But when the next day and the day after that are
Published October 4th 2016 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Pete the Cat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pete the Cat

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Pete the Cat: Snow Daze
Cora
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Per my first graders: It was awesome because it was snowing and it does not snow in Las Vegas. It was perfect because it was beautiful, like the houses and the bed. It was good because it was snowing and Pete made a snowcat. It was cool because Pete the cat drove in the snow.
Sebastian HM
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book! He was ready for school. He had breakfast and then his Mom said they were not going to school. Why? Because it was snowing!
Sophia Lawrence
This book is appropriate for kindergarten only, maybe the 1st grade is a student is really struggling. But this book is made up simple sentences and thoughts that are easy for young children to connect with. Children love snow and they can connect with Pete about this. It demonstrates verbs in a simple context that all revolve around snow and snow activity.
I could use this maybe in the classroom as a take-home book for students to practice reading at home. It doesn't seem like a great book to
R.
Jan 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids
Meg McGregor
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lexi-victoria
I love Pete - he is the epitome of what a cat should be - independent, loving, funny, and a bit wacky!

In this book Pete wakes up, one wintry morning, to find out school is out, for a SNOW DAY!

At first, he is delighted; but after several days of being snowed in.... not so much!

The little girls could relate to Pete so much; they lived in China for almost 18 months and had their version of being "in a snow daze" as well!

Pete, the Cat, forever!
Courtney Umlauf
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lower-elementary
Pete the Cat had a lot of fun staying at home on a snow day. At least, the first few days were great. After a while, Pete realizes he misses school. But the roads are still covered in snow. What's a cat to do? Pete takes things into his own paws and finds a way to get back to his teacher and friends.

This is a fun book for emergent readers, with colorful illustrations to go along with a nice story.
Luvy Webb
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This Pete the cat story is for a beginning reader to read on their own. This story is about Pete waking up to snow. He is so excited to play in the snow with his friends. Since it is snowing no school. A snow day for Pete and his friends. The pictures are great because they help the young reader to figure out the words happening in the story. The words in the book are simple and easy to figure out.
Anthony
Pete the Cat wakes up to go to school, and share his show and tell, but discovers there is no school due to it being a snow day. Pete and his brother Bob, and friends spend their day frolicking in the snow, but after three straight snow days, Pete the Cat misses school, and takes matters into his own hands.
Nikki
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
I really loved reading this Pete the Cat book to my little one. Pete the Cat wakes up to get ready for school on the day of Show-And-Tell only to learn that there is no school...it is a Snow Day. At first Pete the Cat enjoys his snow day but on the third day of no school because of the Snow, Pete begins to miss school. This was a cute "Pete the Cat" book!
Peacegal
Sep 24, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars -- Cute and happy easy reader in which Pete learns that sometimes, snow days aren't all they're cracked up to be!

This book marks an improvement over some of the Pete books that just seem to be boring cash-ins on a popular character. There's a real story with action and humor and a lesson learned. A nice choice for beginning independent readers.
Sinthia Burgos
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this to my son during the snow days we get. Pete shows how much fun being off of school when it snows is fun. He shows the excitement waking up and realizing he doesn't have to go to school. The more snow days Pete had the more he wished he was back in school. I guess two snow days is enough for this cat.
Holly Letson
It's snowing here today, I decided to read this book. It was a fun story with good audio. I just find the idea of a child driving a snow plow to plow all the roads of the city quite a bit far-fetched. Plus, I believe most children would love having several snow days in a row, and would not be wanting to go back to school.

2.5*
Sheila
Mar 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Snow Days for Pete the Cat and his siblings and friends but after a few days they are more than ready to go back to school.

I did not realize that Pete the Cat was available as an I Can Read book. I enjoyed the story. It is perfect for my young nephew. I look forward to more in the I Can Read series.
Becky B
Pete the Cat is excited about one snow day, and a second snow day, but when the snow just keeps on coming Pete starts to miss school.

There's a humorous and unexpected twist in here when Pete wakes up to one snow day too many. Not realistic at all, but definitely entertaining. There are a couple snow day books out there, but this may be the funniest.
Cynthia K
Jan 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Oh, Pete, I feel your pain when school keeps getting canceled. I admire the initiative you showed in plowing the streets so your school could reopen. I sure wish I could have found a way to raise the temperatures so my son could have gone to school.
Joe Loncarich
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Pete The Cat learns that snow days are freaking awesome, but the tax cuts bestowed upon his city made the infrastructure go to shit so any amount of snow cause another snow day. In the end, he becomes so stupid that he thought school was fun by the end. A tragic tale, but a must read.
Tim
May 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids-petecat
Snow days are fun at first...but eventually you miss being at school!
Miss Sarah
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019-easy-reader
Pete the cat is learning all about snow days and what fun they can be but are a few in a row still as much fun? Silly ending. Preschool and up
James Caisse
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fast read.
Mary
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I had a chance to read this engaging book to some special education students at my high school during World Read Aloud Day. Three snow days in a row! Imagine! Very fun.
James
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Miranda picked this out. I read it to her so she could go to bed.
Cara
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Pete was excited about his first snow day. The second was also great. The third, not to much. As the snow kept piling up, Pete just wanted to go back to school.
Saniya
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Leslie
Mar 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
Sue Harrington
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great Kids Book for learning to read, plus fun...
Rosie
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute book for kids.
Linda B
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
We chose this book because in Chicagoland we get a lot of snow! Pete has fun with different snow activities and eventually goes back to school. And so did we!
Kathleen
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great winter tale for kids! How much snow is TOO much?
Lucca
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked how the snow kept getting higher and higher. I didnt like that Pete was sad. ...more
Cheryl
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
cute beginning to read book with cute illustrations

• Pete the Cat Saves Christmas
  • Pete the Cat and the Missing Cupcakes
  • Pete the Cat and the Bedtime Blues
  • Pete the Cat and the Perfect Pizza Party
  • A Big Guy Took My Ball! (Elephant & Piggie, #19)
  • The Pigeon Has to Go to School
  • I Really Like Slop! (Elephant & Piggie, #24)
  • I Will Take a Nap! (Elephant & Piggie, #23)
  • The Serious Goose
  • Pete the Kitty and the Groovy Playdate
  • Should I Share My Ice Cream? (Elephant & Piggie, #15)
  • Attack of the 50-Foot Fly Guy! (Fly Guy #19)
  • I Broke My Trunk! (Elephant & Piggie, #14)
  • Waiting is Not Easy! (Elephant & Piggie, #22)
  • Fly Guy's Ninja Christmas (Fly Guy #16)
  • Santa Bruce
  • Arthur's Reading Race
  • Are You Ready to Play Outside? (Elephant & Piggie, #7)

Pete the Cat: I Can Read! (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Pete's Big Lunch (Pete the Cat: I Can Read)
  • Play Ball! (Pete the Cat: I Can Read)
  • Pete the Cat: Pete at the Beach
  • Pete the Cat: Scuba-Cat
  • Pete the Cat: A Pet for Pete
  • Pete the Cat: Too Cool for School
  • Pete the Cat and the Bad Banana
  • Pete the Cat's Train Trip
  • Pete the Cat and the Lost Tooth (My First I Can Read)
  • Pete the Cat and the Surprise Teacher