Start by marking “Aerie (Magonia, #2)” as Want to Read:
Aerie (Magonia, #2)

Aerie

(Magonia #2)

Where is home when you were born in the stars?

Aza Ray is back on earth. Her boyfriend Jason is overjoyed. Her family is healed. She’s living a normal life, or as normal as it can be if you’ve spent the past year dying, waking up on a sky ship, and discovering that your song can change the world.

As in, not normal. Part of Aza still yearns for the clouds, no matter how much
Published October 4th 2016 by HarperCollins

Rose
Aug 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
i started this is in july...........

it is now mid-october......

i think that says it all.
Aimee ♥ | Aimee, Always
SOMEONE PINCH ME, I MUST BE DREAMING. Magonia was fantastic, and I am so stoked that there's a sequel!
Heidi The Hippie Reader

“I’m in the dark again, this time without a song to save me, and then dark is everything I see, everything I know,”

This was a YA fantasy sequel, and I preferred it to Magonia.

Aza wasn’t quite so annoying in this book, and Jason seemed to have her best interests at heart, even if he made some very questionable decisions. The jumping point of view from Aza to Jason did mak
Geo Marcovici
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
O carte alerta in a doua jumătate a cărții, care te prinde într-o lume fantastica plină de pericole și diferite ființe nemaintâlnite. Am citit cartea cu mare placere, iar la final am avut un zâmbet imens pe fata!
Recenzia mea completa o găsiți aici:
Alyssa

Publication Date: October 4, 2016
Rating: 3 stars
Source: eARC from Edelweiss

Summary (from Goodreads):

Where is home when you were born in the stars?

Neil (or bleed)
Aerie started where Magonia left and continued to tell the story of Aza Ray Quel as she face the adventure of her life and her heart.

It is a great adventure. I felt like I'm flying with the birds when I'm reading this book. The picture the author has shown through her words are majestic, magical and dumbfounding. I am speechless.

But sometimes, I did feel a bit overwhelmed with all the descriptions, and sometimes, I did feel that it's kind of lacking. Seriously though, I am in awe.

Why 3 stars is
Stacee
Dec 16, 2015 rated it liked it
This was one of my most anticipated sequels and it breaks my heart that I'm only giving this 3 stars. In fact, I'm wondering if it's too high. I will preface this by saying that like usual, I didn't do a reread...

...and I was lost pretty much the entire book.

Everything I loved from book one {mainly the imagery and the banter} seems to have disappeared. I felt like this was an entirely different story with new characters. But instead of a getting-to-know-them period, I was just thrown into the m
Glory
Oct 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Честно говоря, я в легкой растерянности. После шикарной (для меня) первой части, долгого ожидания и больших надежд я... получила это. Не ужас-ужас, но нечто странное и слегка разочаровывающее.
Я не разделяю общих претензий к страданиям, депрессии и ангсту, ибо они вполне объяснимы. Аза, едва узнав о свей сути, вновь вернулась на землю - естественно, она скучает по небу и песне. Джейсон влюблен в девушку, которой предначертана жизнь в совсем другом мире - естественно, он боится ее потерять и сове
Arielle Walker
After reading Magonia, I felt remarkably let down. There was something inexplicable missing, a broken-record skip that never let the words (which were admittedly lovely) settle, and never let the ideas (which were incredible) soar.

I think Aerie came that much closer to the perfection it is owed. Because Headley's ideas, visions, worlds - they are utterly gorgeous and deserve the chance to sing.

Here, the writing itself was even lovelier than before, and the plot-lines hung together and stopped m
Jenna
Nov 07, 2016 rated it liked it
I'm trying to collect my thoughts into one cohesive language and review for this book, Aerie, the second and (thank God) final installment of the series. To prolong the story would have been just too much. Okay, I think that's the word I have for it, 'too much'. The plot was okay. Nothing too surprising for me. I still enjoyed reading it though, but I thought the book could use some adjustments such as:

1. The POV's were too limited shared just between Aza and Jason. In this specific book, nothi
Sevairi
Jul 28, 2015 marked it as to-read
2016-03-03 UPDATE: Oh my dear lord, that cover. *heart eyes*

2016-01-02 UPDATE: AHH WE HAVE A TITLE, PEOPLE!!!

(I'll admit, I don't know when it was updated but) I'M SO EXCITED SMDFJSHGKHSGFL

----/end update

But I don't want to wait until 2016 :(
Anne
Nov 16, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, edelweiss
Well, that took me almost a month to finish! Pfff
Jeninne
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
This is, hands down, the biggest disappointment of the year for me. This book crushed my poor little soul and reinforced the need to be a bitter book blogger. Because I had such major expectations, and the previous book in the series, Magonia, was pretty much in my top five last year. My expectations were so high for this book. I wanted so much from it. I just ... whhhyyyyyyy

I really can't overstate enough how enthralling I found the previous book to be. It was whimsical and unique, fascinating
Maud
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: finale
*Edelweiss was kind enough to approve me for an e-arc. All opinions are my own*

2.5 stars, check out my review here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juX5H...

I decided to pick up this sequel even though I felt a bit let down by the first book in this duology. When I picked up this book I hoped that it would fill up the things that I found lacking in the first book: world building, Aza as a character and the romance. I'm sad to say that this did not happen.

The cover and the synopsis sounds really c
Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
I honestly don't know how to rate this book. Did I love it as much as Magonia? No. But it did had something new to offer, mostly in the C&A departments (creatures and adventures). It was fast paces. Something was always happening and there was no dull moment. The sad thing is I didn't feel that instant connection with Aerie.

Reading about all these strange creatures put me in such a nice mood. lol My troubles suddenly weren't so important.

Aza Ray and Jason were experiencing some relationshi
Hannah
May 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya, fantasy, sci-fi, preorder
3.5 stars - rounded down because of how clumsily the plot is handled. Maybe it would have been closer to 4 if I was reading back to back with Magonia, but I think I missed some things based on time and others based on a complete lack of ever being mentioned before.

You know how some books are bricks and seemingly full of nothing but filler? This is basically an anti-filler book. Every single scene is an escalation, which a) leaves no time to breathe or reflect and b) means that there's no room fo
rachel
Jun 27, 2015 rated it liked it

It’s no secret that I was not a massive fan of Magonia last year. In fact, I kind of despised it with its pretentious writing style, unlikeable protagonists, and nonsensical plotline. When I was given the chance to finish off the series, I did not bother to form any expectations for it. I figured it would be slam dunk failure. Luckily, that wasn’t the case at all! I should know by now never to assume things but nonetheless, I did. Aerie, as a whole, was much more entertaining than I cou
Beth ~~Just One More Chapter I Swear~~
yaaawwwnnn "I’ve missed two class periods by sitting in my car gnawing on the universe."
I know how that feels. You could say that I missed anything and everything while gnawing on this bland book and I am far from sated.
Aerie is not only bland but disappointing to say the least. I read Magonia only days before Aerie so it was fresh in my head and entirely too anticipated. I REALLY liked Magonia! I know that isn't a common opinion but I really did. This book is a watered down version of Magonia w
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥

Find this review, plus more, on my blog: Booklikes OR Blogger

Basic Info

Format:
Hardback
Pages/Length: 320pgs
Genre: Young Adult; Fantasy
Reason For Reading: Buddy read.

At A Glance

Total: 4

In Depth

Best Part:
Birds?
Worst Part: Jason, for sure.
Thoughts Had: Get a freaking grip please.

Conclu
Mollyvknize
2,5* not so good... Magonie byla pro mě objev. Především ohromně zvláštní svět, ve kterém se příběh odehrává. Bohužel pokračování v podobě Aerie mě nijak nenadchlo. Bylo sice akčnější, ale obsah příběhu se úplně vypařil a zůstala "obyčejná youngadultovka" - předvídatelná a natahovaná. Škoda. Svět Magonie mi přijde fascinující doteď, jen ten obsah... :(
Suzanne
Dec 18, 2016 rated it it was ok
I hate writing bad reviews, especially in this particular case when I loved the first book. I would continue reading the series and would read more of the author's books regardless of this one just not keeping my interest.
BookOwl BookOwl
Jul 14, 2015 marked it as to-read
Shelves: can-t-wait
CAN'T WANT!!!!!!!!
Ghanda
Nov 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mi s-a părut puțin cam greoi începutul, a durat ceva până ne-am întors în Magonia, unde se vede cu adevărat de ce romanul a captivat atât de multă lume (me included). Povestioara de dragoste e cam superficială/clișeică, dar restul relațiilor dintre personaje sunt faine.

All in all, recomand cartea pentru că Magonia e un univers fascinant. Protagoniștii sunt puțin prea dramatici uneori (sunt, totuși, adolescenți), dar nu suficient de mult cât să strice frumusețea acestei duologii.

Am scris și o rec
Taylor Woods
Sep 13, 2015 marked it as to-read
2015 WE HAVE A TITLE AHHHH!!!

2/17/16 WE HAVE A COVER AHHHH!!!!
description
Vendea
Těch pět hvězdiček je dost subjektivních, ale tohle mi prostě sedlo. Už Magonie byla svým způsobem děsně kouzelná a měla moc super pár (ten trojúhelník ignoruji). V Aerii se toho vlastně až tolik nestalo, ale celý svět ptačích ufounů pro mě má své zvláštní kouzlo. Aza i Jason jsou občas děsně otravní, to k tomu ale už patří. Patří k sobě a konec. Celou sérii doporučuji, ale upozorňuji, že nesedne úplně každému, protože je dost zvláštní a specifická.

4.5/5*
Adrián Biháry
sory Aza, ale nie. knihu mám rozčítanú štyri mesiace, totálna nuda. z príbehu sa stal chaotický mišmaš, zbytočne vytvorený iba na to, aby tu bol. hoci dobrým aspektom bolo viacej Jasona, budem rád, ak na túto knihu zabudnem a budem si pamätať iba jednotku, ktorá stála za to. idem si pozrieť nejaké spojlerové recenzie, nech aspoň viem, ako sa to vlastne skončilo.
Layla
Mar 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
*3.5*
Shannon Thompson
Nov 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Aerie is the sequel to Magonia, one of my favorite reads last year. It’s magical, imaginative, and covers an uncommon myth that takes place in the sky. Add in the beauty of songs and how terrifying (and wonderful) birds can be, and you have an amazing book about love, discovery, suffering, and overcoming hardships. The sequel completes this duology with a darker turn of events, including the relationship between Aza and Jason. As before, I enjoyed their intellect, but the two seemed a little too ...more
  • Keeper of the Black Stones (Stone Ends, #1)
  • Tribute
  • The Angel of Evil (The Great Devil War #4)
  • Through the White Wood
  • Shadowplay (Micah Grey, #2)
  • Book of Enlightenment (Generations Saga, #1)
  • Glimmer (Delaney's Gift, #0.5)
  • Missing, Presumed Dead
  • Empire of Dust (Blood of Gods and Royals, #2)
  • A Stitch in Time
  • Finding What's Real (Escaping Perfect #2)
  • Star Struck
  • The Wanderer's Tale (Annals of Lindormyn)
  • The UnTied Kingdom
  • The Fall of the Dagger (The Forsaken Lands, #3)
  • The Glowing Knight (The Orphan Queen, #0.2)
  • Untitled Standalone
  • Triquetra
Maria Dahvana Headley is the New York Times-bestselling author of, most recently, THE MERE WIFE (out July 17, 2018 from MCD/FSG). Upcoming in 2019 is a new translation of BEOWULF, also from FSG. As well, she is the author of the young adult skyship novels MAGONIA and AERIE from HarperCollins, the dark fantasy/alt-history novel QUEEN OF KINGS, the internationally bestselling memoir THE YEAR OF YES, ...more

Magonia (2 books)
  • Magonia (Magonia, #1)
“Maybe we're brokenhearted, but why isn't it rational to have a broken heart? It is utter shit out there, the things you can't control. The world is full of wrongs, and mess and distress and horror. Who can really be blamed for wanting to dig their way down and live in a hole, or disappear into a cave and never be around humans again? If all people do is hurt each other?” 3 likes
“Carpe omnia,” I say. Not carpe diem. Not Seize the Day. No, this says Seize Everything. I’ll” 3 likes